Photo
- - - - -

The NFL 2012-13 Season Thread - Super Bowl XLVII is the Harbaugh Bowl!

• Please log in to reply
2280 replies to this topic

#151 diddy310

diddy310

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 May 2012 - 02:29 PM

Terrell Suggs out for the season after tearing his achilles playing basketball.

#152 Javery

Javery

Drug-Dealer-Keeper-Awayer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 May 2012 - 02:56 PM

Someone reported he left a note saying he shot his heart to save his brain for research but that's not confirmed.

Wasn't that some other NFL player that killed himself a few years ago or are people now saying the same thing about Seau?

--- Bella's Arcade --- Donkey Kong + ---

#153 tonyv4

tonyv4

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 May 2012 - 03:53 PM

Wasn't that some other NFL player that killed himself a few years ago or are people now saying the same thing about Seau?

That was another nfl player a few years back. Haven't heard anything about Seau leaving a note.

#154 irideabike

irideabike

Posted 03 May 2012 - 04:00 PM

Suggs out for the year? Jeez players are just dropping it seems like.

There are no shortcuts. No do-overs. What happened, happened. Trust me. I know. All of this matters.

Madden 13 SB Champ in the CAG gentleman's league.

#155 JJSP

JJSP

Beyond economical repair.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 May 2012 - 05:27 PM

Seau played in a charity golf tournament the day before he killed himself. Have to wonder if he'd given any indication of what he had planned.

#156 DestroVega

DestroVega

Life is short... stunt it

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 May 2012 - 05:54 PM

That was another nfl player a few years back. Haven't heard anything about Seau leaving a note.

Someone reported Seau did too but like I said, no one confirmed it.

#157 Javery

Javery

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 May 2012 - 06:44 PM

Seau played in a charity golf tournament the day before he killed himself. Have to wonder if he'd given any indication of what he had planned.

Maybe he was distraught over his lack of birdies?

I'm willing to bet it was impulsive and although he was probably suicidal during the tournament I bet he wasn't thinking that he was playing golf for the last time because he was killing himself in the morning. Although, who the hell knows what he was thinking...

#158 WeaponX2099

WeaponX2099

Basement Jaxx!!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 May 2012 - 06:58 PM

Dave Duerson of the Bears did that.

#159 Fatality

Fatality

Posted 08 May 2012 - 09:10 PM

Posted Image

#160 Soodmeg

Soodmeg

Posted 08 May 2012 - 09:34 PM

Ughh that is a shitty cover

#161 Demolition Man

Demolition Man

REV-OH-LU-TION!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 May 2012 - 09:39 PM

Looks like you can throw the Lions out of winning the next Super Bowl. Not that Megatron being the cover of Madden really changes that. ;)

New sig coming soon.

#162 Ced

Ced

Monster Hustler

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 May 2012 - 09:41 PM

The pose draws all the attention to the gap in his teeth.

#163 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 May 2012 - 09:53 PM

John Elway has gotten rid of Denver GM Brian Xanders, so he will be taking over those responsibilities for the future.

You read it. You can't unread it.

Horror Chicken: F.E.A.R. and Resident Evil 4

PSN/XBL: CrashSpyro | Steam: CrashTanuki | Wii U: FriendlyTanuki

#164 Javery

Javery

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 May 2012 - 10:06 PM

John Elway has gotten rid of Denver GM Brian Xanders, so he will be taking over those responsibilities for the future.

Does Elway know what he is doing? I have my doubts.

#165 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 May 2012 - 10:13 PM

Does Elway know what he is doing? I have my doubts.

I don't know, so we'll have to see. It's not a surprise with the way he's taken direct control of the team and its affairs for the past few months.

#166 Gannikus

Gannikus

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 May 2012 - 01:28 AM

Smh why are they starting RG3 already? Do they not remember what happened to Alex Smith? At least let him be a back up for 3-4 games
Buying 2.5 Sata HDD and Amazon Gift Cards!
Posted Image

#167 DT778

DT778

number 1 on the westside

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 May 2012 - 01:38 AM

He's the best QB they have.

#168 Superstar

Superstar

CAG Superstar!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 May 2012 - 01:59 AM

Smh why are they starting RG3 already? Do they not remember what happened to Alex Smith? At least let him be a back up for 3-4 games

Beck is gone. From my knowledge that means they have two rookie QB's (RGIII, Cousins) and Grossman. Do you really think they are putting Grossman on the field?

#169 Soodmeg

Soodmeg

Posted 09 May 2012 - 04:56 PM

I really didnt want RGIII to go them...his career might as well be over. He is just another Jason Campbell.....who was extremely solid but had zero support and basically was made to be a bust because of the team.

#170 Ced

Ced

Monster Hustler

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 May 2012 - 05:19 PM

Beck is gone. From my knowledge that means they have two rookie QB's (RGIII, Cousins) and Grossman. Do you really think they are putting Grossman on the field?

Oh god I'm going to cut a bitch if a "We want Rex" chant breaks out.

#171 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 May 2012 - 05:40 PM

You'd hear chants for the Shanahans' jobs before chants for Rex.

#172 DestroVega

DestroVega

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 May 2012 - 06:05 PM

I really didnt want RGIII to go them...his career might as well be over. He is just another Jason Campbell.....who was extremely solid but had zero support and basically was made to be a bust because of the team.

What? If Jason Campbell were the type of player RG3 should be, no team would have let him go.

#173 Soodmeg

Soodmeg

Posted 09 May 2012 - 09:15 PM

Jason Campbell was really solid....he had a different head coach and offensive cord every single year the first 5 years he was in the league.

You cant expect anyone to do well in that situation. He just got screwed badly...not saying he was going to be a superstar but he had the talent to be solid.

#174 dmaul1114

dmaul1114

Posted 09 May 2012 - 09:17 PM

I doubt Shanahan is going anywhere the next few years, so RGIII should have stability there as he learns the system and adapts to the NFL.

#175 bvharris

bvharris

the black wind howls

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 May 2012 - 09:30 PM

If you trade as much as they traded to get what you think is a franchise QB, you're certainly not going to let him sit behind Rex Grossman. I see no reason not to let him learn on the job.

33126.png

#176 DestroVega

DestroVega

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 May 2012 - 03:32 AM

Jason Campbell was really solid....he had a different head coach and offensive cord every single year the first 5 years he was in the league.

You cant expect anyone to do well in that situation. He just got screwed badly...not saying he was going to be a superstar but he had the talent to be solid.

Didn't say he wasn't a solid QB, the Raiders would have been better off if he didn't get hurt, but RG3 will excel regardless of the fact he's on the Redskins.

#177 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 May 2012 - 09:09 PM

http://espn.go.com/n...hs-chest-injury

Phil Taylor tore a pectoral muscle while in the weight room and is only said to be out for "months," so I'm hoping it's not nearly as bad as D'Qwell's tears. At least they picked up two DTs in the draft that can help fill in the hole while he's out.

Why am I not surprised that the media is reporting that two of the first five handoffs that Weeden and Richardson have taken together were fumbled like they're not going to be working together for the next few months to build up some chemistry? They're getting started with the spin early this season.

#178 CaseyRyback

CaseyRyback

Your New Nightmare!

• Super Moderators

Posted 15 May 2012 - 02:22 AM

http://espn.go.com/b...s-not-miss-game

Wes Welker is auditioning to be TO's new publicist.

Posted Image

#179 DT778

DT778

number 1 on the westside

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 May 2012 - 04:36 AM

Read an article on espn about how the Rams can legally break the stadium contract after the 2014 season if upgrades aren't made to make their dome top of the line. As a Niners fan I'd love for them to leave and go back to L.A. and bring back the blue and yellow uniforms. NFC West is boring with the historically shitty Cardinals coming from the old NFC East and the Seahawks from the AFC. The only real rivalry in the division isn't the same with the Rams in St Louis.

#180 pitfallharry219

pitfallharry219

It's go time

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 May 2012 - 07:05 PM

The Seahawks' practice jerseys ("we talkin' 'bout PRACTICE") actually have bing logos on them...

[IMG]http://l3.yimg.com/bt/api/res/1.2/oWAerHK8OmNqeCMF5_ydXw--/YXBwaWQ9eW5ld3M7cT04NTt3PTMxMA--/http://media.zenfs.com/en/blogs/sptusnflexperts/yahoo_wilsoncamp.jpg[/IMG]