Photo
- - - - -

The NFL 2012-13 Season Thread - Super Bowl XLVII is the Harbaugh Bowl!

• Please log in to reply
2280 replies to this topic

#1951 KingBroly

KingBroly

CAG Club Nintendo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 January 2013 - 08:32 PM

Flaccy Joe is out to shock the world.
Completed Games: 2011 | 2012
CAG Club Nintendo Thread
Posted Image

#1952 GBAstar

GBAstar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 January 2013 - 08:39 PM

Flacco did outperform Brady and Manning in the playoffs, but like Eli, he has to win the big one to be taken seriously as an Elite QB.

Statistically he also had a couple games this year where he performed as bad as or worse then Sanchez...

Which is saying a lot... I mean Sanchez has his own "butt fumble" T-shirt

#1953 DT778

DT778

number 1 on the westside

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 January 2013 - 08:43 PM

The problem with "elite" QBs is that everyone is trying to be called or thought of as one of them. You got the four elites Brady, P. Manning, Rodgers, and Brees. Everyone else is great, good, eh, or sucks.

#1954 DestroVega

DestroVega

Life is short... stunt it

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 January 2013 - 08:52 PM

I'm so sick of hearing about who is "elite" and not. If Colin Kaepernick leads the Niners to the win next Sunday is he now elite?

You would think by now people would recognize the NFL is a game by game league. Flacco is a franchise QB and he outplayed Brady last game. Who cares about anything else?

#1955 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 January 2013 - 09:11 PM

I'm so sick of hearing about who is "elite" and not. If Colin Kaepernick leads the Niners to the win next Sunday is he now elite?

You would think by now people would recognize the NFL is a game by game league. Flacco is a franchise QB and he outplayed Brady last game. Who cares about anything else?

The people that need something to talk about all of the time or else they might risk having nothing to do until the next big event happens.

You read it. You can't unread it.

Horror Chicken: F.E.A.R. and Resident Evil 4

PSN/XBL: CrashSpyro | Steam: CrashTanuki | Wii U: FriendlyTanuki

#1956 CaseyRyback

CaseyRyback

Your New Nightmare!

• Super Moderators

Posted 22 January 2013 - 10:12 PM

The elite QB argument is one of the dumbest things ever and epitomizes why I hate ESPN.

#1957 n8rockerasu

n8rockerasu

Shhh...I'm Invisible

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 January 2013 - 11:38 PM

I mostly agree, but I also feel like "elite" is basically replacing the term "Hall of Famer". If you're talking "Hall of Famer", then Flacco isn't there (at least yet). Nor is Romo. Nor is Cutler. Nor is Rivers. Peyton, Brady, Rodgers, and Brees are though. And really, I think Eli is too. I think somewhere along the line, people just decided that "elite" was just a much cooler way of saying it...and of course, that's the exact moment it became lame as shit, lol.

#1958 JP

JP

Proud member of the Ravens Nation!

• Trade-in Value Team

Posted 22 January 2013 - 11:39 PM

The elite QB argument is one of the dumbest things ever and epitomizes why I hate ESPN.

So much this.

all-banner.jpg

CAG Apple Game Center/OpenFeint/Plus+/WWF IDs

CAG Game Database & You - Small little tutorial I guess you would call it.

#1959 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 January 2013 - 11:43 PM

I mostly agree, but I also feel like "elite" is basically replacing the term "Hall of Famer". If you're talking "Hall of Famer", then Flacco isn't there (at least yet). Nor is Romo. Nor is Cutler. Nor is Rivers. Peyton, Brady, Rodgers, and Brees are though. And really, I think Eli is too. I think somewhere along the line, people just decided that "elite" was just a much cooler way of saying it...and of course, that's the exact moment it became lame as shit, lol.

If that were true, then the discussion is even more stupid than it was before.

#1960 n8rockerasu

n8rockerasu

Shhh...I'm Invisible

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 January 2013 - 11:56 PM

If that were true, then the discussion is even more stupid than it was before.

Discussing who is a future Hall of Famer is stupid? I'd agree for guys who are early in their career who haven't even had time to form an identity yet. It's a waste of time speculating whether or not RGIII or Andrew Luck is "elite yet". But acknowledging when a QB has put himself on a level to be considered a "legend" has been going on for decades. To me, it also limits the discussion by excluding your wannabes like Romo, Cutler, Rivers, etc. But once a guy has done enough to be considered a lock for the Hall of Fame, he probably deserves a little recognition.

#1961 DT778

DT778

number 1 on the westside

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2013 - 12:05 AM

I don't think they are using elite for future hall of famer.

#1962 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2013 - 12:09 AM

Discussing who is a future Hall of Famer is stupid? I'd agree for guys who are early in their career who haven't even had time to form an identity yet. It's a waste of time speculating whether or not RGIII or Andrew Luck is "elite yet". But acknowledging when a QB has put himself on a level to be considered a "legend" has been going on for decades. To me, it also limits the discussion by excluding your wannabes like Romo, Cutler, Rivers, etc. But once a guy has done enough to be considered a lock for the Hall of Fame, he probably deserves a little recognition.

No, the notion that "Elite" QB discussion is really meant to be a discussion about them being Hall of Famers instead. Nobody would argue for any of those QBs as Hall of Famers since they haven't won anything of note.

#1963 DestroVega

DestroVega

Life is short... stunt it

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2013 - 12:19 AM

If Rodgers broke his neck tomorrow and never played again he's a HOF'er? I have a hard time with that, Kurt Warner is considered borderline.

#1964 Donut2922

Donut2922

Read the OP!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2013 - 12:45 AM

W00t my niners are back to the SB. I know it's late sorry :)

#1965 DNukem170

DNukem170

Dance like you want to win, Gundam!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2013 - 01:07 AM

I expect many jokes about whichever Harbaugh loses this Super Bowl to be throwing the game to his brother. :)

#1966 JP

JP

• Trade-in Value Team

Posted 23 January 2013 - 01:22 AM

I'm looking forward to the gifs of the flipout reactions of both coaches from the game.

all-banner.jpg

#1967 Gannikus

Gannikus

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2013 - 02:07 AM

If my niners win, ESPN will name Colin an "Elite Rookie" QB.

But RG3 should really consider learning from Russel Wilson and Colin Kaepernick, or else he's gonna have a very short career. His body is nothing like Cam's, yet he thinks he can take any hit. I'm sure he's going to be constantly injured each year just like Vick :hot:
Buying 2.5 Sata HDD and Amazon Gift Cards!
Posted Image

#1968 itachiitachi

itachiitachi

Posted 23 January 2013 - 02:21 AM

The amount of belly-aching in here is hilarious. Go look at the stats. Flacco did outperform both Manning and Brady. Sure, he didn't single-handedly win the game. But he stepped up in high pressure situations when his team needed him. I'm sure teams like the Cowboys, Texans, Bears, etc. Would love to have a QB like that.

Manning and Brady where also both up against the raven's defense, Flacco was not.

I'm sure teams like the Cowboys, Texans, Bears ect... would all prefer to have a defense like the ravens rather than, a slightly better than average QB like Flacco.
Just look at what the ravens did when there key defenseive players where injured during the season.

Forgive me if I have a little nuance to my worldview, and am not a black/white ideologue who can't grasp complexity.

This is perhaps the most ironic thing I have ever seen on CAG.

#1969 JP

JP

• Trade-in Value Team

Posted 23 January 2013 - 02:26 AM

Manning and Brady where also both up against the raven's defense, Flacco was not.

I'm sure teams like the Cowboys, Texans, Bears ect... would all prefer to have a defense like the ravens rather than, a slightly better than average QB like Flacco.
Just look at what the ravens did when there key defenseive players where injured during the season.

Wasn't the Bronco's one of the leading defenses in the league while the Ravens sat in the middle of the field this year in defense ranking?

all-banner.jpg

#1970 Nate Nanjo

Nate Nanjo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2013 - 02:28 AM

Manning and the Broncos put up 35 on the Ravens, that doesn't make the defense look very good.

Flacco pretty much made the big play of that game with that last series with a minute left in the 4th quarter not the D.

You know what though, he has to face the 49ers defense which will probably be a lot more scarier than facing Baltimore's D.

#1971 n8rockerasu

n8rockerasu

Shhh...I'm Invisible

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2013 - 02:32 AM

LOL...WTF??? Did you just suggest that the Texans and Bears don't have good defenses? Are you serious? The Ravens defense doesn't make Flacco complete 60% of his passes and throw 3 TDs with 0 INTs. Sure, they're not numbers that blow you away. But he didn't make the mistakes that Peyton or Brady did either. He's a solid QB and he makes the plays when he needs to. In today's NFL, that's good enough.

#1972 DNukem170

DNukem170

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2013 - 03:21 AM

Come now, people. Flacco was SitLite but he is rapidly approaching http://espn.go.com/b...is-your-nfl-qb'>PreLite

#1973 GamerDude316

GamerDude316

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2013 - 04:03 AM

As a Patriots fan, I have to give Flacco credit for his play Sunday. He didnt have numbers that blew you away but he sure didnt have any big mistakes that cost his team either.

#1974 usickenme

usickenme

I'm the a-hole

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2013 - 05:35 AM

Who the F cares about a second tier QB like Flacco outside Baltimore? He's played good but no one fears him. Any halfway decent QB could've made that tying pass in Denver...coverage was blown fom the start of the play.

He's a good QB but not the kind to take over a game....yet.

#1975 usickenme

usickenme

I'm the a-hole

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2013 - 05:40 AM

aside from this pointless arguing...

Has anyone been following this story about Bill Callahan throwing the Super Bowl againsy Tampa Bay because he didn't like the Raiders and was friends with Gruden??

Tim Brown made some specific claims and Jerry Rice is backing him up a little.

http://espn.go.com/b...tim-browns-side

#1976 renique46

renique46

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2013 - 06:45 AM

Who the F cares about a second tier QB like Flacco outside Baltimore? He's played good but no one fears him. Any halfway decent QB could've made that tying pass in Denver...coverage was blown fom the start of the play.

He's a good QB but not the kind to take over a game....yet.

Hi John Fox

#1977 DNukem170

DNukem170

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2013 - 09:19 AM

Any halfway decent QB could've made that tying pass in Denver.

Yea...no. Accuracy is definitely an issue, but very, very few QBs top Flacco in pure arm strength. Brady and Manning no longer are able to throw it that far and Rodgers and Brees cannot throw it 60 yards like that.

#1978 Poor2More

Poor2More

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2013 - 01:36 PM

3 days later and I still hate Bernard Pollard, Ravens will extend his contract just because he is one player that causes Mayhem (latterly every game) to the Patriots, no matter the year or situation.

Flacco is an avg quarterback no doubt, he is in the same beer league as Tony Romo. They both have shinning moments where analyze will get a hard on "OMGZ did you seez dat, I think he is an elite QB" one week, but then a week later shit all over Romo because he is in fact a avg to below avg QB.
Posted Image

#1979 Poor2More

Poor2More

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2013 - 01:42 PM

After last season, All I heard Eli Manning is Elite QB, sure he won 2 Superbowls, but it takes a team to win, not the goofy brother of a future HOF. We saw how bad Eli played this year, even Romo out played him somehow.

Their are only 2 current elite QB's today, and if their career ended tomorrow, they would be in the Hall of Fame, Brady and Peyton Manning. Now as far as the other quote on quote elite QB's Bree's and Rodgers, they still have a few years to cement their legacy, but nope not elite in my book yet.
Posted Image

#1980 Poor2More

Poor2More

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2013 - 01:51 PM

Yea...no. Accuracy is definitely an issue, but very, very few QBs top Flacco in pure arm strength. Brady and Manning no longer are able to throw it that far and Rodgers and Brees cannot throw it 60 yards like that.

Brady was never known for his arm strength, his biggest asset just like Manning is controlling and manipulating the defense at the line.

P.S Patriots need a speedy good hands WR (Deep threat, the way Randy Moss was to us) to line up on the outside along with Brandon Lloyd next year. That would give Welker in the slot, Gronk and Hernandez on the inside, and Lloyd & a fast WR on the outside. That would be a hell of a lineup, and now that this pistol formation (RGIII, Wilson, Capranick) crap is becoming popular in the NFL almost instantly pretty much in a single season. Brady and Patriots don't have a prayer at running pistol, so they probably have 3 or 4 more years to get another ring before Brady retires.
Posted Image