Resident Evil Operation Raccoon City Best Buy LE (360/PS3) $29.99 @ Best Buy

• Please log in to reply
198 replies to this topic

#31 SynGamer

SynGamer

Welcome to Night Vale

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 April 2012 - 10:26 AM

I'll wait for $20, just like the Zombrex edition for DR.

g92sOMa.png4lNop7I.pngEwYfNFu.pngauyL8J9.pngszbgEtP.pngSoNL9s6.png

#32 Alien Spider

Alien Spider

VIGILANTE JUSTICE

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 April 2012 - 11:05 AM

I'm so tempted right now...but I think I'll wait for the actual SE to be on sale or the inevitable "Gold" edition.

#33 GBAstar

GBAstar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 April 2012 - 11:11 AM

I thought I read on the Capcom forums that they have already released additional DLC above and beyond what they had available for Day 1 DLC.

Capcom being Capcom

#34 Rsmobile

Rsmobile

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 April 2012 - 11:37 AM

Getting a root canal is fun with friends and still better than ORC

#35 krashhole

krashhole

Gaming since 1981

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 April 2012 - 12:37 PM

This game is best when playing co-op with a friend.

#36 Dwarfman

Dwarfman

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 April 2012 - 12:45 PM

I agree with most people.. I don't see what all the hate is about? It's a fun co-op/MP experience. I bought it at Target during their clearance mix up and I have been enjoying it. That being said... if anyone wants to play on the PS3 add me or PM me. Working on getting the platinum.

#37 Versafied

Versafied

Formerly known as vlv723

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 April 2012 - 12:52 PM

I agree with most people.. I don't see what all the hate is about? It's a fun co-op/MP experience. I bought it at Target during their clearance mix up and I have been enjoying it. That being said... if anyone wants to play on the PS3 add me or PM me. Working on getting the platinum.

Well technically this is cheapassgamer. All they do is complain about prices. 8-) I paid $35 when it was on clearance at Target and didn't feel ripped off. Then again, they might be Gears of War fanboys considering this is a third person shooter and tend to troll on other 3rd person shooter games.

#38 renique46

renique46

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 April 2012 - 12:56 PM

Yeah that must be it :roll:

#39 H4Y4TO

H4Y4TO

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 April 2012 - 01:01 PM

Tempting but I will wait for it go a little lower...
Posted Image

Posted Image

#40 Enuf

Enuf

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 April 2012 - 01:07 PM

Release Date 3/20/2012. Don't some people get 60 days to price adjust this?

Edit: Lmao United!

60 days doesn't start till June 18

Can I price match this? I bought this at best buy last month. Get my damn 40 dollars back!?

30 days(45 for Silver members) from the day you bought it.

I'm so tempted right now...but I think I'll wait for the actual SE to be on sale or the inevitable "Gold" edition.

Have you seen the price of the RE5 gold edition? It'll take longer for that to reach $30 than this. $30 is still the MSRP.

#41 MaxBiaggi3

MaxBiaggi3

Designated Bad Guy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 April 2012 - 01:07 PM

Since when do you get to call a vanilla copy with preorder DLC guns thrown in a limited edition?

#42 admiralvic

admiralvic

Posted 18 April 2012 - 01:11 PM

Since when do you get to call a vanilla copy with preorder DLC guns thrown in a limited edition?

Since when does it matter when it cost the same?

so admiralvic is one of 7 people who has platted lost planet 2. and one of 4 people with 100% on spelunker hd. respect him even more

guys, you are talking to admiralvic about trophy acquisition, he is the exception.

#43 GBAstar

GBAstar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 April 2012 - 01:14 PM

uh... gamestop does it all the time? Assassin's Creed Revelations Signature Edition and Dead Island Special Edition come to mind (Both Gamestop exclusives)

#44 Twizz

Twizz

An Eff'n Legend

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 April 2012 - 01:15 PM

In for one, thanks OP.

#45 Velo214

Velo214

Baby Lili is Here!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 April 2012 - 01:24 PM

yeah like bf2 l.e. and deadspace 2 l.e. and bulletstorm and crysis 2. lots of vanilla limited editions out there

Velo214.png
sig.gif

#46 DeathDream

DeathDream

Posted 18 April 2012 - 01:27 PM

Or even the PC version releasing on May 18 during a steam sale or something for $10 eventually.

Steam has RE5 on there and it has only gone on sale maybe twice for $15. I don't think capcom really lets their games go on sale very often there. >.<

Needless to say, I bit. I wanted to hold out but really needed to kill some zombies!

#47 exceed19

exceed19

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 April 2012 - 01:28 PM

I am a huge RE fan. That being said, the reviews and others have downed this game so far, I wont even try it.

#48 plus1zero

plus1zero

Turd Ferguson

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 April 2012 - 01:39 PM

Eh, I'd bite if they had a 360 version in stock at mine, but all they have is PS3. I hate the PS3 for anything involving shooting so so much.

#49 Psychonik

Psychonik

Psychomancer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 April 2012 - 01:46 PM

I was pretty excited to see this as the deal of the day. Not to mention the last time I ordered a deal of the day they gave me 100 reward points on top of the savings which is 40% of the points need for a $5 certificate! Plus they still gave me a point for every dollar!

#50 GizmoGC

GizmoGC

I love Cheese

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 April 2012 - 02:08 PM

Nabbed it. $30 was by sticking point for this. Plus, I have 45 days to price match/return.

#51 Versafied

Versafied

Formerly known as vlv723

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 April 2012 - 02:13 PM

I am a huge RE fan. That being said, the reviews and others have downed this game so far, I wont even try it.

I never trust reviews. Rent it if you have doubts.

#52 jiggyteddy

jiggyteddy

Frugal As Can Be

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 April 2012 - 02:18 PM

I really wanted this during the Target clearance, but never found any...

But for this price it is pretty difficult to pass. This is close enough to my price point.

Thanks for the heads up OP.
Posted Image
Totally legit rewards app! Join shopkick on your smartphone then use promo code: tomato6347 to get 50 kicks instantly! I earned $360 in BB certificates for calendar year 2012 thanks to shopkick!

Now playing:
Metal Gear Rising, Fight Night Champion, and Dynasty Warriors 7.

My twitter is @jiggyteddy for my random ramblings...

#53 doctor lollypop

doctor lollypop

Professional Procastinator

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 April 2012 - 02:25 PM

thanks op i have been looking for a good deal on this

#54 Psychonik

Psychonik

Psychomancer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 April 2012 - 02:26 PM

I watched video review and don't see the whole takes too many bullets to down a zombie complaint. Even though the guy mentions it it seems like it only took like a 2 second burst to kill a zombie.

#55 jiggyteddy

jiggyteddy

Frugal As Can Be

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 April 2012 - 02:29 PM

Interesting... but when I check for stock almost everywhere is popping up as unavailable.

Anyone else noticing this in their area? I only question it because I've been to a few stores a couple days ago, and there were significant quantities on the shelves.
Posted Image
Totally legit rewards app! Join shopkick on your smartphone then use promo code: tomato6347 to get 50 kicks instantly! I earned $360 in BB certificates for calendar year 2012 thanks to shopkick!

Now playing:
Metal Gear Rising, Fight Night Champion, and Dynasty Warriors 7.

My twitter is @jiggyteddy for my random ramblings...

#56 soundcell

soundcell

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 April 2012 - 02:31 PM

nah its a decent game, well worth the $30, you probably didnt like it cuz you played alone, this game is awesome when played with friends

yeh, that's what they all say, but that doesn't make it true.

#57 flybrione

flybrione

Guitar Solo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 April 2012 - 02:34 PM

Me and my Buddy grabbed one for Co-op online play. thanks OP

#58 ephermal

ephermal

The Dragonmaster

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 April 2012 - 02:35 PM

used a 25.00 reward zone coupon and got it for 6.00. I will take it.

#59 barrit

barrit

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 April 2012 - 02:36 PM

I watched video review and don't see the whole takes too many bullets to down a zombie complaint. Even though the guy mentions it it seems like it only took like a 2 second burst to kill a zombie.

I read that too, but I think it's something entirely different. I noticed quite a bit at close range and sometimes at a distance, bullets seem to go right through enemies (which is why I think some reviewers were claiming enemies had no animation when getting shot). I mainly use a sniper rifle, even at close range, and it usually takes 1/sometimes 2 shots to kill a zombie. When your shots connect, you def see an animation. I think the "hit boxes" are just off.

Another example I have of this is when I'd try to shoot an enemy hiding behind a car. Sometimes they'd be standing up with a clear view of about mid-chest up. I'd have my sniper rifle zoomed in on their head and when I take the shot, my bullet will somehow hit the top of the car that is clearly well below their head. To me this is the one frustrating thing about the game.

I personally don't think the game is that bad, but I will admit that this is my first RE game, so maybe my opinion just doesn't count as much since I can't compare it to past titles. If they fixed what I mentioned above, it will make the game wayy better, especially for me since I favor sniper rifles. The MP is very fun though, and I'm not into MP much for shooters. I tend to get bored really fast.

#60 exaznkid

exaznkid

Spare Some Change

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 April 2012 - 02:36 PM

meh i guess dropping $30 for a bad game released last month isnt so bad, if anything i already have my amazon trade in submitted just in case this game is unbearable