GamersGate Thread

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
7798 replies to this topic

#271 Rockopotamus

Rockopotamus

My riffs are bottomless.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 August 2012 - 07:06 PM

Did anyone else have trouble applying ign discount code to their account? I finally get to see the ign prime code, but on Gamersgate the code seems to be invalid. It seems the code gives you access to an IGN Minion, does that mean I have to delete my Minion to get the code to work?

It's working. The IGN minion is what gives you the discount. So you essentially have two minions.

#272 motoki

motoki

Goofy Genie

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 August 2012 - 07:07 PM

Did anyone else have trouble applying ign discount code to their account? I finally get to see the ign prime code, but on Gamersgate the code seems to be invalid. It seems the code gives you access to an IGN Minion, does that mean I have to delete my Minion to get the code to work?

If you having the pet then you should be getting the discount.

Try throwing something in to your cart and go to checkout. Don't go all the way through to order or anything, but just follow it down to the totals and see if you see something like this

15% IGN discount (15% of ____)

It should be right above the "Add Code" button.

steam_sig.png

#273 Cheaplikeafox OS X

Cheaplikeafox OS X

Insufferable Asshole

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 August 2012 - 07:09 PM

I wish I could murder my minion.. he's very annoying...

I have a handful of leftover July Madness Bundles - PM if interested

Learn how to get FREE and CHEAP games with Tremorgames: http://www.cheapassg...tremorgamescom/

#274 dejeckt

dejeckt

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 August 2012 - 07:22 PM

If you having the pet then you should be getting the discount.

Try throwing something in to your cart and go to checkout. Don't go all the way through to order or anything, but just follow it down to the totals and see if you see something like this

15% IGN discount (15% of ____)

It should be right above the "Add Code" button.

Nope, still not working. Thanks for the advice, but I just sent an email to gamersgate hopefully they can figure it out.

#275 motoki

motoki

Goofy Genie

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 August 2012 - 07:25 PM

I wish I could murder my minion.. he's very annoying...

And he's not even a cat!

Bad Rats 2: Minion Murders

steam_sig.png

#276 nekromantix

nekromantix

Posted 03 August 2012 - 07:28 PM

Nope, still not working. Thanks for the advice, but I just sent an email to gamersgate hopefully they can figure it out.

Had the same problem and sent an e-mail to IGN a couple days ago when I signed up. The IGN Rep that responded gave me another code and said they'd been running into some problems with their GamersGate codes as of late.

#277 dejeckt

dejeckt

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 August 2012 - 07:30 PM

Had the same problem and sent an e-mail to IGN a couple days ago when I signed up. The IGN Rep that responded gave me another code and said they'd been running into some problems with their GamersGate codes as of late.

Only sent an email to gamersgate, but I guess I have to send one to ign too. Thanks for the heads up.

#278 sittinghawk3

sittinghawk3

Damn... Kobe

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 August 2012 - 08:05 PM

Do you get the tf2 promos for the awesomenaut from gamers gate?

Sign up with my link to get free 2 dollar credit to GMG here  ;) Add me on steam here.

I've made 300 bucks in amazon credit and cash doing surveys here. I make 1$ if you use my referral and complete a survey. Min 5$ cashout for AGC, Min 10$ for paypal.

#279 Cheaplikeafox OS X

Cheaplikeafox OS X

Insufferable Asshole

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 August 2012 - 08:12 PM

Do you get the tf2 promos for the awesomenaut from gamers gate?

It doesn't mention it so i don't think so. I do have a copy from a three pack if you are interested though.

Learn how to get FREE and CHEAP games with Tremorgames: http://www.cheapassg...tremorgamescom/

#280 Seraphym

Seraphym

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 August 2012 - 08:40 PM

Does anyone have experience with Gamersgate support? I put in a support ticket on 7/30 and I haven't heard anything from them. Is that a normal wait time? Is there any other way to contact them?

Sorry, I know this is OT, but my issue is regarding gifting a game to a fellow CAG.

#281 Cheaplikeafox OS X

Cheaplikeafox OS X

Insufferable Asshole

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 August 2012 - 08:43 PM

Does anyone have experience with Gamersgate support? I put in a support ticket on 7/30 and I haven't heard anything from them. Is that a normal wait time? Is there any other way to contact them?

Sorry, I know this is OT, but my issue is regarding gifting a game to a fellow CAG.

I put in a support ticket about the DRM on a game and it took them 4-5 days to respond.

That said, have you checked to see whether the problem has been resolved? I recall that they won't necessarily contact you if they don't need to, meaning if they resolve the problem. I put in a ticket last night about a game not showing up on my shelf and it showed up within an hour with no response.

#282 Seraphym

Seraphym

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 August 2012 - 10:30 PM

I put in a support ticket about the DRM on a game and it took them 4-5 days to respond.

That said, have you checked to see whether the problem has been resolved? I recall that they won't necessarily contact you if they don't need to, meaning if they resolve the problem. I put in a ticket last night about a game not showing up on my shelf and it showed up within an hour with no response.

The issue is with AoL's spam filter eating a gift I sent. I'm 100% positive the buyer would let me know if he'd received it, and it's not in my shelf. The "gift a game" page shows it as pending still.

It's totally my fault, so I suspect they're going to tell me I'm SOL. But after 4 days of stressing out over it I'd really just like some resolution. Thanks for your reply :)

#283 spoderman

spoderman

I thought Harvey Dent said that

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 August 2012 - 10:36 PM

The issue is with AoL's spam filter eating a gift I sent. I'm 100% positive the buyer would let me know if he'd received it, and it's not in my shelf. The "gift a game" page shows it as pending still.

It's totally my fault, so I suspect they're going to tell me I'm SOL. But after 4 days of stressing out over it I'd really just like some resolution. Thanks for your reply :)

They usually take a few days to respond, I'd just wait it out. Also, they don't respond on saturdays or sundays (or at least they didn't in my case). I had the same problem you had, someone gifted me a game to my comcast.net address and I never received it. I contacted support, and I was the intended recipient of the gift (normally the sender would contact support, but I didn't want to hassle the guy into contacting gamersgate). They responded a few days after I submitted the ticket, asked for the username of the person that sent the gift, and after I gave it to them they put the game into my account. Just be patient, and it should be resolved.

In the future, gift to usernames, or ask to be gifted via username. It's completely hassle free. GamersGate has issues with certain email providers.

#284 Rockopotamus

Rockopotamus

My riffs are bottomless.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 August 2012 - 01:19 AM

It's about GG. It's not OT at all.

It's not your fault that you can't re-send it. That's just poor thinking on their part and I don't understand why they haven't fixed that yet.

This actually reminds me that I have to get a hold of them for the same reason. I gifted to someone and they never claimed it, so I should try to get it back.

#285 Seraphym

Seraphym

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 August 2012 - 06:15 AM

GamersGate took care of it without even a hint of a hassle! Many thanks to GG for fixing my screw-up :applause:

And thanks a lot Sunghost and SlightlyOffTrack! This round's on me :beer:

#286 Palinn

Palinn

Skip the odds.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 August 2012 - 07:04 AM

I see that Dwarfs!? is 74% off right now so $2.49. Any opinions on this one?

Edited: Oops! That sale price is actually though GreenManGaming, not GamersGate.

#287 Canbanana

Canbanana

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 August 2012 - 08:26 AM

Stupid bank dinged me for $3.00 currency conversion fee buying off Gamersgate through PayPal.. *sigh

#288 HisDivineOrder

HisDivineOrder

Embrace the Dealness

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 August 2012 - 12:16 PM

Stupid bank dinged me for $3.00 currency conversion fee buying off Gamersgate through PayPal.. *sigh

I bought two games through Gamer's Gate, months apart, because of some great deals. Then I got dinged at the end of the month for, "SURPRISE! YOUR BONUS PRIZE IS...," currency conversion fees. Suddenly, the deals were not deals. The first time I thought was a fluke; the second I realized what had happened and had to regretfully stop using Gamer's Gate.

After that, I stopped using Gamer's Gate and started hunting down every random digital gaming download site's location and trying to suss out whether I'm going to suffer the same fate there, too.

You'd think Gamer's Gate would be very upfront and clear cut about the currency conversion fee thing, but they are not.

#289 Cheaplikeafox OS X

Cheaplikeafox OS X

Insufferable Asshole

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 August 2012 - 12:22 PM

I bought two games through Gamer's Gate, months apart, because of some great deals. Then I got dinged at the end of the month for, "SURPRISE! YOUR BONUS PRIZE IS...," currency conversion fees. Suddenly, the deals were not deals. The first time I thought was a fluke; the second I realized what had happened and had to regretfully stop using Gamer's Gate.

After that, I stopped using Gamer's Gate and started hunting down every random digital gaming download site's location and trying to suss out whether I'm going to suffer the same fate there, too.

You'd think Gamer's Gate would be very upfront and clear cut about the currency conversion fee thing, but they are not.

That's not Gamer's Gate though, that's either your bank or paypal doing something. It's pretty lame or random either way. Luckily I have not had that issue so far, but I know Skype started charging me a conversion fee suddenly one day. It was quite annoying too. In this case, it was Skype though, they changed the way they billed so that Paypal only recognized them as an international site so they charged conversion fees everytime.

#290 Financial Panther

Financial Panther

Qui audet adipiscitur

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 August 2012 - 01:41 PM

Heard back from GG support about Sacred 2 Gold

"I know that Sacred 2 Gold is not available in the Gamersgate US store but is available in the Gamersgate UK store. I was wondering if I buy the game from the UK store, will the game show up on my Gamersgate US account? Will I need to log into the Gamersgate UK site everytime I want to download Sacred 2 Gold or can I do it from my US account?

Also, any chance "A Vampyre Story" might get discounted in this Summer Sale? Thanks in advance! "
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"It will be available on your account on both sites actually. I dont see the game on discounts now, but they are updated each week - so maybe.

---
Best regards,
Ashot P.
Customer Service @ GamersGate"

#291 MysterD

MysterD

CAG's "Favorite" DRM-Cashew & Cylon-Toaster

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 August 2012 - 01:57 PM

Today's Deals for 8-4-2012
Alpha Protocol -> DRM-FREE = $4
Two Worlds II: GOTY Edition (Two Worlds II + Pirates of the Flying Fortress Expansion for both Windows & Mac) = $10
Disciples III: Gold (Disciples III: Renaissance + Resurrection expansion) = $9
Confrontation -> req. Steam = $20

#292 motoki

motoki

Goofy Genie

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 August 2012 - 02:06 PM

That's not Gamer's Gate though, that's either your bank or paypal doing something. It's pretty lame or random either way. Luckily I have not had that issue so far, but I know Skype started charging me a conversion fee suddenly one day. It was quite annoying too. In this case, it was Skype though, they changed the way they billed so that Paypal only recognized them as an international site so they charged conversion fees everytime.

I know Paypal gives you a warning if you pay through them by credit card that your bank may charge a fee, but I think that's just a generic cover their asses warning like an ATM stating that you may get charged an additional fee by your own bank.

I know if you pay directly through your bank account via Paypal you aren't supposed to get charged any of those fees and in fact Paypal point blank suggests doing that instead to avoid any fees when you go to select pay by credit card.

"I know that Sacred 2 Gold is not available in the Gamersgate US store but is available in the Gamersgate UK store. I was wondering if I buy the game from the UK store, will the game show up on my Gamersgate US account? Will I need to log into the Gamersgate UK site everytime I want to download Sacred 2 Gold or can I do it from my US account?

Also, any chance "A Vampyre Story" might get discounted in this Summer Sale? Thanks in advance! "
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"It will be available on your account on both sites actually. I dont see the game on discounts now, but they are updated each week - so maybe.

---
Best regards,
Ashot P.
Customer Service @ GamersGate"

It's nice that they got back to you but that doesn't address the issue of them supposedly being out of working CD keys for the game.

*Edit: I noticed that "Gamersgate" marked the issue as solved with no comment. Does that mean it has working keys now?

http://www.gamersgat...or?issue=238359

steam_sig.png

#293 Financial Panther

Financial Panther

Qui audet adipiscitur

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 August 2012 - 03:24 PM

I know Paypal gives you a warning if you pay through them by credit card that your bank may charge a fee, but I think that's just a generic cover their asses warning like an ATM stating that you may get charged an additional fee by your own bank.

I know if you pay directly through your bank account via Paypal you aren't supposed to get charged any of those fees and in fact Paypal point blank suggests doing that instead to avoid any fees when you go to select pay by credit card.

It's nice that they got back to you but that doesn't address the issue of them supposedly being out of working CD keys for the game.

*Edit: I noticed that "Gamersgate" marked the issue as solved with no comment. Does that mean it has working keys now?

http://www.gamersgat...or?issue=238359

Don't know if they have keys (assume that they did) but its a digital item and keys can be easily generated by the publisher . My backlog it so big that I can buy the game when its discounted and just wait for the keys. I think that GG is waiting for the publisher to give them a new stock of keys and since the GG had marked the issue solved, it probably means that a new "shipment" of keys are in stock. My main issue was whether or not the game will show up on my US account if I buy it since the game is technically not sold in the US.

#294 MysterD

MysterD

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 August 2012 - 03:30 PM

So, I ordered Sacred 2: Gold Edition (UK) through the Gamersgate UK site.
And yes - once ordered, it WILL show on your GG account's Virtual Game Shelf, whether you're on their USA or UK site. ;)

It was $8.16 USD after the conversion (via PayPal).

They're out of FA keys (UK) and have requested more from publisher, as it says where the key is on your Virtual Game Shelf.
Though, I got a I&B key (UK). :)

I'm going to download both UK versions of the games; install both; and see if my (old) USA Securom Key will activate FA UK up. ;)
Hopefully, it thinks "a key is a key."

I'll report back, much later. This is going to be a LONG download (at least 46 min left for FA UK)...

You can download the games, even if you don't have the key.

Edited by MysterD, 04 August 2012 - 05:12 PM.

#295 Cheaplikeafox OS X

Cheaplikeafox OS X

Insufferable Asshole

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 August 2012 - 03:59 PM

Thanks for reporting back MysterD. Good to know since the UK site has some simulators not available in the states :)

#296 seamoss

seamoss

CAGadversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 August 2012 - 04:15 PM

It was $8.16 USD after the conversion (via PayPal).

To avoid Paypal/bank currency exchange fees:

- Login to your GG account on the US server (gamersgate.com).

- Buy Blue Coins under My Account using US funds (e.g. Paypal).

- Login to the UK GG server (gamersgate.co.uk).

- Buy the game and pay with Blue Coins.

For example:

Sacred 2 Gold Edition - £5.08 or 7899 Blue Coins

which translates to $7.90 USD.

#297 Rockopotamus

Rockopotamus

My riffs are bottomless.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 August 2012 - 04:57 PM

Sorry to hear about these. Did you try contacting GG? Technically they're not obligated to do anything but it's maybe worth a try to see what happens. seamoss posted a great tip for the future, if you're interested.

So, I ordered Sacred 2: Gold Edition (UK) through the Gamersgate UK site.
And yes - once ordered, it WILL show on your GG account's Virtual Game Shelf, whether you're on their USA or UK site.

To avoid Paypal/bank currency exchange fees:

Thanks for the info, guys. I'll add this to the FAQ later when I have time and give credit where it's due. Appreciated. :applause:

GamersGate took care of it without even a hint of a hassle! Many thanks to GG for fixing my screw-up :applause:

And thanks a lot Sunghost and SlightlyOffTrack! This round's on me :beer:

Glad to hear. Though they don't always respond very quickly there's usually not any follow-up needed, which is nice.

#298 Rockopotamus

Rockopotamus

My riffs are bottomless.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 August 2012 - 05:02 PM

As for today's deals...

Two Worlds II GOTY is really tempting. I don't think I've seen it this cheap before, but I'm not sure. I actually picked the strategy guide up for $5 shipped so it might be nice to have the game to go with it. :drool:

Alpha Protocol is a gem. I had a ton of fun playing it and nearly started playing through it a second time immediately after finishing. I still plan on doing so in the future. Yes, it released with a ton of bugs but I think they squashed most of them. The only one I encountered was enemies not respawning when reloading an older save (which was fixed by restarting the game or not being a pansy and reloading).

#299 motoki

motoki

Goofy Genie

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 August 2012 - 05:12 PM

As for today's deals...
Two Worlds II GOTY is really tempting. I don't think I've seen it this cheap before, but I'm not sure. I actually picked the strategy guide up for $5 shipped so it might be nice to have the game to go with it. :drool:

I believe it was that price at one point during the Steam summer sale and Steamprices.com seems to be backing that up. For those who really want it on Steam it will probably go that price again on the winter sale but otherwise I imagine this is the cheapest you will get it for some time, if not for good, and it's not a bad deal at all.

Alpha Protocol is a gem.

I agree but I kind of feel bad how cheap it's been put on sale at times. I grabbed it when it was $2 on Steam. I know it's a bit strange to complain about a sale but I almost feel like anything sub $5 for an AAA game is almost insultingly cheap to the game.

steam_sig.png

#300 MysterD

MysterD

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 August 2012 - 05:18 PM

Update: Won't have to test my Sacred 2: FA USA serial key on UK version.
UK Version key arrived from GG.
Yay! :)