GamersGate Thread

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
7798 replies to this topic

#3061 motoki

motoki

A New Game Everyday

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 06:38 PM

I didn't get it on BL2 but still nothing for me in terms of refunds on the Bethesda front.

I did actually file a dispute with Paypal yesterday. For anyone wondering what that process does is at first just forwards a message you create to the merchant. They have a certain time frame to respond and if they don't then you can escalate it to Paypal if you choose.

I'll give them a bit longer to respond through Paypal and if they don't and I don't get a refund directly from them then I'll escalate it.

#3062 soulkyo

soulkyo

Veterinary Medicine

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 06:41 PM

I didn't get it on BL2 but still nothing for me in terms of refunds on the Bethesda front.

I did actually file a dispute with Paypal yesterday. For anyone wondering what that process does is at first just forwards a message you create to the merchant. They have a certain time frame to respond and if they don't then you can escalate it to Paypal if you choose.

I'll give them a bit longer to respond through Paypal and if they don't and I don't get a refund directly from them then I'll escalate it.

Do you know how to start the dispute?

#3063 motoki

motoki

A New Game Everyday

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 06:42 PM

Do you know how to start the dispute?

There's a link for it on Paypal. It should be there on the page where you view the transaction IIRC.

#3064 Lemstar

Lemstar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 06:42 PM

Got a refund today for 2 BL2 4-packs and Future Soldier. The one copy of BL2 I gifted myself is still sitting in my inventory. Nothing's happened to two unopened Bethesda packs yet.

#3065 _Ph03n1x_

_Ph03n1x_

Posted 02 January 2013 - 06:43 PM

How did you guys get your refunds? I've submitted tickets and emailed them and nothing :(

I created a support ticket sometime last week but got no responses. I was just surprised by it this morning. I would say just wait till the end of the day and if you still don't have a refund just file a chargeback.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#3066 Tsel

Tsel

The Dark Knight

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 06:44 PM

I got in on both the BL2 and Bethesda fiascos and I've yet to receive any sort of refund for either of them.

453605.png
TheTsel.png

#3067 soulkyo

soulkyo

Veterinary Medicine

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 06:46 PM

There's a link for it on Paypal. It should be there on the page where you view the transaction IIRC.

Thanks, found it :D

#3068 motoki

motoki

A New Game Everyday

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 06:51 PM

I created a support ticket sometime last week but got no responses. I was just surprised by it this morning. I would say just wait till the end of the day and if you still don't have a refund just file a chargeback.

Well the Paypal dispute doesn't actually file a chargeback per say, it just sends a message to GG through Paypal and later if they don't respond then you can escalate it to a chargeback.

There's really no harm in doing it I don't think. It's basically like submitting a support ticket but just forwarded through Paypal's system. Paypal doesn't even look at it at that point.

#3069 soulkyo

soulkyo

Veterinary Medicine

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 06:53 PM

Well the Paypal dispute doesn't actually file a chargeback per say, it just sends a message to GG through Paypal and later if they don't respond then you can escalate it to a chargeback.

There's really no harm in doing it I don't think. It's basically like submitting a support ticket but just forwarded through Paypal's system. Paypal doesn't even look at it at that point.

Yeah, I think that when you escalate it to a Paypal claim is when you have a chance on receiving a refund. Right? :roll:

#3070 motoki

motoki

A New Game Everyday

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 06:56 PM

Yeah, I think that when you escalate it to a Paypal claim is when you have a chance on receiving a refund. Right? :roll:

Probably. I was going to wait but when I read how the Paypal dispute works, that they don't intervene until you tried to resolve with the merchant first and a set time (which I'm still not quite sure how long) has elapsed, then I figured it's better to just get that ball rolling.

Then if I do have to escalate it, Paypal has direct proof in their system that I tried contacting them and got no response in X # of days.

#3071 Syntax Error

Syntax Error

Tortue d'Art

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 07:01 PM

I'm glad I got the single copy when it was glitchy for about $15. Great price and doubtful that they'll bother to try and revoke the key or whatever because it's not that far off the mark comapred to the $5 or $11 4-packs.

#3072 MrBonk

MrBonk

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 07:01 PM

Still no official word from them eh? It's Wednesday, guess that still leaves 4 days in the week before "next week" is over

#3073 gilby

gilby

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 07:03 PM

It seems awfully fishy that refunds started going through now after about four days of none. Why else would refunds go through on Friday and today, but not the days in between? Gamersgate must have been up to something. That's the only possibly explanation. Else we'd have to assume that there is something different about the last four days, and that's just crazy talk. :-k

I think the official word will be no keys to fill in partial bundles. I just don't see Bethesda and 2k wanting to let any more keys go through at those prices. In the end, I think those with partial bundles will get their money back and get to keep the keys they got.

Edited by gilby, 02 January 2013 - 07:25 PM.
changing the emoticon

#3074 motoki

motoki

A New Game Everyday

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 07:10 PM

Still no official word from them eh? It's Wednesday, guess that still leaves 4 2 days in the week before "next week" is over

You seriously except them to work on Weekends? They don't work on holidays and apparently can't get their shit together the week between holidays either.

#3075 Syntax Error

Syntax Error

Tortue d'Art

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 07:12 PM

You seriously except them to work on Weekends? They don't work on holidays and apparently can't get their shit together the week between holidays either.

Yeah, but they work nights, right? I mean, it's 2am when they flip the pricing...

#3076 DonRamon

DonRamon

CAG Veteran

• CAG Veteran

Posted 02 January 2013 - 07:19 PM

It seems awfully fishy that refunds started going through now after about four days of none. Why else would refunds go through on Friday and today, but not the days in between? Gamersgate must have been up to something. That's the only possibly explanation. Else we'd have to assume that there is something different about the last four days, and that's just crazy talk. :-\"

I think the official word will be no keys to fill in partial bundles. I just don't see Bethesda and 2k wanting to let any more keys go through at those prices. In the end, I think those with partial bundles will get their money back and get to keep the keys they got.

I have two theories, the mofos are earning interest on the money being held, the second one is that Bethesda and 2K refused to play along so they are trying to cover as much losses as they can by refunding everyone, only time will tell what will happen with the partial Bethesda packs, I'll be damned but I will wait until the first week of February and see what happens, if nothing comes up I'll have to choice to to go for that chargeback.

I know it's hard to certain people to swallow that these are shady business practices but, in all this time of silence they have been steadily tidying things up to leave to record of any statement referring to any remote concept of honor from their part, they even changed the invoices on their site. I have screenshots of everything though.

I don't think they capable of getting it together at all.

#3077 sunasun

sunasun

Count Burgula approves and endorses this member title

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 07:20 PM

It seems awfully fishy that refunds started going through now after about four days of none. Why else would refunds go through on Friday and today, but not the days in between? Gamersgate must have been up to something. That's the only possibly explanation. Else we'd have to assume that there is something different about the last four days, and that's just crazy talk. :-\"

I bought Skyrim and FO:NV off two different people, hopefully they don't get revoked.

Was gonna respond, cut them slack, it's the holidays but Motoki beat me.

Side note: Powered on Xbox last night and installed the free episode 1 of The Walking Dead, and wow can't wait for it to go cheaper on PC to pick up all of it.
spoderman And tebow like this

Bacon-Cheeseburger-160x160.jpegmidnightoriginal__94722.1354255776.178.1  mysterd likes this

#3078 gilby

gilby

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 07:31 PM

I have two theories, the mofos are earning interest on the money being held, the second one is that Bethesda and 2K refused to play along so they are trying to cover as much losses as they can by refunding everyone, only time will tell what will happen with the partial Bethesda packs, I'll be damned but I will wait until the first week of February and see what happens, if nothing comes up I'll have to choice to to go for that chargeback.

There's not any sort of money to be made on interest over these sorts of short terms. Your second idea is likely on, though. The publishers would love to pull everything and make sure nothing went at these prices, but as Motoki and others have pointed out, that would turn the PR damage to them. Not likely happening. Instead, they'll just refuse to allow keys to be sold at those prices, and Gamersgate will be forced to issue refunds on all of the partial packs, eating the entire loss.

I don't think they capable of getting it together at all.

Likely not. Given the size of their company and staff, they just aren't equipped to handle a problem of this magnitude.

#3079 walkonshadows

walkonshadows

Terminal CAGtosis

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 07:38 PM

There's not any sort of money to be made on interest over these sorts of short terms. Your second idea is likely on, though. The publishers would love to pull everything and make sure nothing went at these prices, but as Motoki and others have pointed out, that would turn the PR damage to them. Not likely happening. Instead, they'll just refuse to allow keys to be sold at those prices, and Gamersgate will be forced to issue refunds on all of the partial packs, eating the entire loss.

Likely not. Given the size of their company and staff, they just aren't equipped to handle a problem of this magnitude.

Posted Image

There's no interest to be made of that money in this short of a time, but I wouldn't put it past them to fly to Vegas and bet it all on black.

Anyone who wants a 72-Hour guest pass to The Secret World, just PM me your email.

LeCuPXZ.jpgUUVGik1.jpgDEjnR1E.jpg

CEh38V2.jpgKxJkMdH.jpgJtnnbZt.jpg

#3080 Syntax Error

Syntax Error

Tortue d'Art

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 07:42 PM

There's no interest to be made of that money in this short of a time, but I wouldn't put it past them to fly to Vegas and bet it all on black.

"Our only hope is to get to Atlantic City and bet the company payroll before the boss finds out about our mistake!"

I think I saw that movie.

#3081 Tane

Tane

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 07:45 PM

Just got refunded today for my Bethesda pack. I had a ticket in asking what was going on with the situation never asked for a refund was debating about it but they just forced a refund and sent me my money back through paypal.

I was never able to get any of the keys so I am happy at least I have my money back. But I will never order anything from them again.

Edit... So I was refunded but the Bethesda pack is still in my game inventory on GG. Um ok sure.

i5 3570k | GTX 780 | FT02

#3082 DonRamon

DonRamon

CAG Veteran

• CAG Veteran

Posted 02 January 2013 - 07:49 PM

Just got refunded today for my Bethesda pack. I had a ticket in asking what was going on with the situation never asked for a refund was debating about it but they just forced a refund and sent me my money back through paypal.

I was never able to get any of the keys so I am happy at least I have my money back. But I will never order anything from them again.

Edit... So I was refunded but the Bethesda pack is still in my game inventory on GG. Um ok sure.

(looking at the avatar)

What? What were you saying?? boobs on sale?

#3083 Darker

Darker

Monk of Ivgorod

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 07:51 PM

So what's happening with games that were already bought and redeemed on Steam? I haven't been following GamerGate mess... Tried finding a response from them but so far it, I've only found this.

Holiday Sale Bundle Issue Update:

We made a mistake. Our computer program grossly multiplied the discounts we were authorized to offer on these bundles and they were advertised at way below cost. We did not notice this on the day of the mistake because of the holidays. We have cancelled all unfulfilled orders as per our terms of use. We are working with the affected publishers to see what we can do with respect to partially filled orders. We highly value all of our loyal GamersGate customers and do not want to see our relationship with any of you damaged. Nor do we want to see our publisher partners harmed by our computer glitch. We are doing all that we can to sort this out, however due to the holidays we will most likely not be able to sort this out until next week. Please bear with us and forgive us for this disappointing error. We will update you as soon as possible.

So are games already redeemed safe or is there a way for them to pull the keys?

#3084 Syntax Error

Syntax Error

Tortue d'Art

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 07:57 PM

Broad opinion seems to be that redeemed keys are probably safe and Beth/2K/Steam probably wouldn't want to embroil themselves in the mess by revoking them...

...but I'd be wary of selling them to an unsuspecting party or buying one from a guy who you wouldn't trust to refund you if it came down to it.

#3085 inm8num2

inm8num2

GOG Pogs are coming

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 08:04 PM

Got my BL2 refund finally.

Nice doing business with ya, GamersGate!

#3086 tfr

tfr

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 08:35 PM

The show serial button suddenly appears for Tom Clancy future solider today even though they already refunded me. no, i did not try to use the keys yet. :rofl:

#3087 motoki

motoki

A New Game Everyday

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 08:39 PM

Broad opinion seems to be that redeemed keys are probably safe and Beth/2K/Steam probably wouldn't want to embroil themselves in the mess by revoking them...

...but I'd be wary of selling them to an unsuspecting party or buying one from a guy who you wouldn't trust to refund you if it came down to it.

This.

I personally would say there is a 99% chance they won't get revoked because Bethesda and 2K have way too much god damned sense than to stir up that hornets nest.

Doesn't mean that GG won't beg, please (edit: I meant to say plead but at this point they're probably desperate enough to, ahem, please too to get their way), cry, threaten, promise their first born child or a year's supply of Swedish meatballs and a discount on Ikea furniture to try to get them to do it, but in the end I just think those publishers have too little to gain and too much to lose by revoking those keys and GG will be SOL.

Having said that, at this point might not want to buy or sell them until anyone knows for sure what's going on, if we ever do.

#3088 Syntax Error

Syntax Error

Tortue d'Art

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 08:41 PM

The show serial button suddenly appears for Tom Clancy future solider today even though they already refunded me. no, i did not try to use the keys yet. :rofl:

Damn, now I wish I didn't bitch to GG about having mine removed from my library :lol:

That's how they get you!

#3089 Cheaplikeafox OS X

Cheaplikeafox OS X

Slut Shamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 08:43 PM

Oh Gamersgate! You give me games you already refunded me for, but yet I am still waiting for those Viking keys to get backfilled.

Damn, now I wish I didn't bitch to GG about having mine removed from my library :lol:

That's how they get you!

You know, when you posted about it I was on the verge of emailing them myself. Glad I didn't!

#3090 Genocidal

Genocidal

Summer of Punk

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 08:45 PM

Thanks. Since they never refunded me my blue coins, I feel no guilt about grabbing the serial. UPlay's patching to 1.5 right now then I'll see if it works. Also opened up a Paypal claim for my Borderlands pack in hopes that'll get the ball rolling.

Edit: Key works.
x8uorcw.jpggenocidal.png
[img=http://steamsigs.com/steam.php?id=genocidal&pngimg=http://i.imgur.com/fLZMY.png&tborder=0.png

If I would go back in time, the one person in history I'd like to make tap out would have to be... Jesus