GamersGate Thread

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
7798 replies to this topic

#3151 PenguinJim

PenguinJim

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2013 - 12:34 PM

Nyargh. Tempted to get the Legacy of Kain pack on Gamersgate. The pack says Steam, Soul Reaver and Defiance both say Steam, but Soul Reaver 2 says DRM free.

Not sure if this is Gamersgate incompetence or a trick or what.

I have an order put through but not completed yet... another forum recommended investigating these latest versions a little bit before pulling the trigger to make sure the issues aren't issues for me. Pad support was one, I think. I'll be researching more before splurging.

#3152 Corpekata

Corpekata

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2013 - 12:53 PM

Great deal on the Kain titles, and unlikely to be cheaper on Steam given the difference in base price (25 on Steam,. 18 on GG).

#3153 hal

hal

Game Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2013 - 01:04 PM

I bought and activated all three Kain games on Steam just now, no problems.

76561197971332172.png

#3154 Reraise

Reraise

No Sale, No Buy!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2013 - 01:09 PM

A survey?

Do you have a link or pics?

I cant link the survey, because its attached to my account. Heres a copy/paste of the email they sent asking me to take it, with account related info deleted of course.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
(My Name),

This email concerns your recent ticket: Missing keys (My Ticket #)

As part of our commitment to improving your customer support experience, we would like to know how you think we are doing.

You are invited to complete a short satisfaction survey consisting of just a few multiple-choice questions.

It should take you no more than a minute to complete (we promise!).

To take the survey, please click on the following link: (link attached to my GG account)

Your feedback is very important to us and we really appreciate your time.

Thank you in advance,

GamersGate
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

#3155 theclaw

theclaw

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2013 - 01:40 PM

I found 5% off coupon code IAMANELDERGEEK. Worked for me on the Legacy of Kain games, down to $5.81.

#3156 FaPaThY

FaPaThY

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2013 - 01:55 PM

They posted this update on their site today:

Holiday Sale Bundle Issue Update:

We made a mistake. Our computer program grossly multiplied the discounts we were authorized to offer on these bundles and they were advertised at way below cost. We did not notice this on the day of the mistake because of the holidays. We have cancelled all unfulfilled orders as per our terms of use. We are working with the affected publishers to see what we can do with respect to partially filled orders. We highly value all of our loyal GamersGate customers and do not want to see our relationship with any of you damaged. Nor do we want to see our publisher partners harmed by our computer glitch. We are doing all that we can to sort this out, however due to the holidays we will most likely not be able to sort this out until next week. Please bear with us and forgive us for this disappointing error. We will update you as soon as possible.

#3157 Neuro5i5

Neuro5i5

pʎslǝxıɔ

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2013 - 02:09 PM

They posted this update on their site today:

Holiday Sale Bundle Issue Update:

We made a mistake. Our computer program grossly multiplied the discounts we were authorized to offer on these bundles and they were advertised at way below cost. We did not notice this on the day of the mistake because of the holidays. We have cancelled all unfulfilled orders as per our terms of use. We are working with the affected publishers to see what we can do with respect to partially filled orders. We highly value all of our loyal GamersGate customers and do not want to see our relationship with any of you damaged. Nor do we want to see our publisher partners harmed by our computer glitch. We are doing all that we can to sort this out, however due to the holidays we will most likely not be able to sort this out until next week. Please bear with us and forgive us for this disappointing error. We will update you as soon as possible.

That has been up for a while now.

#3158 FaPaThY

FaPaThY

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2013 - 02:19 PM

Well, it's dated 03 Jan 2013, but alright then. I know it's nothing new either way.

#3159 motoki

motoki

A New Game Everyday

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2013 - 02:21 PM

Well, it's dated 03 Jan 2013, but alright then. I know it's nothing new either way.

I think the page just shows whatever today's date is. That hasn't changed a single word in that statement for a week now, even though we are fast approaching the end of "next week".

steam_sig.png

#3160 FaPaThY

FaPaThY

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2013 - 02:26 PM

Oh, derp, I thought the updates were in descending order. This is the new part I think:

We are still working on this issue but since there are several parties involved and there have been non-working days mixed in, it is taking a little while to get everything sorted out.

Please keep in mind that this page is the only source of correct information from GamersGate as of today and we will continue to update this page with new information as soon as we are able.

We want you to know that this is our top priority and we want to resolve it as soon as possible.

So, still no new info. sigh.

#3161 CaptainSlow

CaptainSlow

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2013 - 02:30 PM

I had the Kain series in my Steam cart last night...glad I didn't bite!

#3162 Detruire

Detruire

Would have finished the dark skin first

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2013 - 03:01 PM

Oh, derp, I thought the updates were in descending order. This is the new part I think:

It is.

Another great update that doesn't tell us anything. :roll:
They could have at least said what they're aiming for (or, even better, given us best/worst case scenarios.)

#3163 motoki

motoki

A New Game Everyday

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2013 - 03:04 PM

It is.

Another great update that doesn't tell us anything. :roll:
They could have at least said what they're aiming for (or, even better, given us best/worst case scenarios.)

Somebody on the Steam thread said they got a refund for their pack in blue coins.

Man, if I get $80 back in blue coins i'mma cut a Swedish bitch. :bomb:

steam_sig.png

#3164 Genocidal

Genocidal

Summer of Punk

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2013 - 03:09 PM

If they try to give me a refund in blue coins they can deal with another chargeback.
x8uorcw.jpggenocidal.png
[img=http://steamsigs.com/steam.php?id=genocidal&pngimg=http://i.imgur.com/fLZMY.png&tborder=0.png

If I would go back in time, the one person in history I'd like to make tap out would have to be... Jesus

#3165 Detruire

Detruire

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2013 - 03:21 PM

Somebody on the Steam thread said they got a refund for their pack in blue coins.

Just don't start without the rest of us (if they try that :censored: with us.)

#3166 ObsidianSpire

ObsidianSpire

Obsidian FTW!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2013 - 03:40 PM

The posted my refund and I'm quite happy to say they didn't pay me back in Blue Coins. Still no sign of removal of keys on my end.

Btw, have any of you ever not been able to review a game before? I can't review Mount and Blade: Warband, but I can review every other game I tried. Just trying to earn enough blue coins so I can cash out of their service with minimal cost to myself.

jybOVvmATuEqX.png

Support Team CAG for Extra Life 2013 in November! Join us in our quest or donate. :D LINK

Current Contest/Giveaway: 

Donate to Extra Life & win one of 12 signed Red Orchestra 2 copies!

#3167 motoki

motoki

A New Game Everyday

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2013 - 03:47 PM

The posted my refund and I'm quite happy to say they didn't pay me back in Blue Coins. Still no sign of removal of keys on my end.

Btw, have any of you ever not been able to review a game before? I can't review Mount and Blade: Warband, but I can review every other game I tried. Just trying to earn enough blue coins so I can cash out of their service with minimal cost to myself.

Review as in give it stars or review as in write a review?
The written ones require manual approval, ie a person there (probably Ashot P) has to actually eyeball it and okay it. That process can take a while.

The star ratings for most games you should be able to do instantly but once in a while they shut it off if the product is, say a pre-order, is deactivated (like the Bethesda pack) etc.

I recall they also shut it off for the 1C games for a while because people who bought that $20 pack with 800 bajillion games in it were racking up the blue coins from star rating everything.

So in most cases you should be able to do it but they may shut it off for various reasons on certain specific games.

steam_sig.png

#3168 ObsidianSpire

ObsidianSpire

Obsidian FTW!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2013 - 04:10 PM

Review as in give it stars or review as in write a review?
The written ones require manual approval, ie a person there (probably Ashot P) has to actually eyeball it and okay it. That process can take a while.

The star ratings for most games you should be able to do instantly but once in a while they shut it off if the product is, say a pre-order, is deactivated (like the Bethesda pack) etc.

I recall they also shut it off for the 1C games for a while because people who bought that $20 pack with 800 bajillion games in it were racking up the blue coins from star rating everything.

So in most cases you should be able to do it but they may shut it off for various reasons on certain specific games.

I clicked on the option to write a review and it said this "You can not review this game." It lets me rate the game, but not review it. I wonder why reviewing this game is locked. Seems like the last review was Mount & Blade Warband review

By bobicus880 posted 16th April 2012

Ehh, either way it's not a big deal; I was just curious tbh.

jybOVvmATuEqX.png

Support Team CAG for Extra Life 2013 in November! Join us in our quest or donate. :D LINK

Current Contest/Giveaway: 

Donate to Extra Life & win one of 12 signed Red Orchestra 2 copies!

#3169 motoki

motoki

A New Game Everyday

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2013 - 04:13 PM

I seem to have some vague recollections that once a game there receives X # of written reviews they just shut them off after that, but I'm not sure if this right or I'm imagining I read this. :-P

Severose would probably know. He knows more about Gamersgate than Ashot P.

steam_sig.png

#3170 Financial Panther

Financial Panther

Qui audet adipiscitur

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2013 - 04:16 PM

I clicked on the option to write a review and it said this "You can not review this game." It lets me rate the game, but not review it. I wonder why reviewing this game is locked. Seems like the last review was Mount & Blade Warband review

By bobicus880 posted 16th April 2012

Ehh, either way it's not a big deal; I was just curious tbh.

Reviews are locked when I think there's been 500 reviews for the game and they won't be accepting any new reviews. Forgot where I saw it but I know many of the games on my 1C pack can't be reviewed because so many people have bought it and review many of the games in it.

Blue coin are the same as money, but more FUN! :lol:

Posted Image

#3171 TsaebehT

TsaebehT

far from god

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2013 - 04:16 PM

Why Blood Omen it's always missing? They could put a drm free version and that's it.

I was trying to find out if the Legacy of Kain series worked with 3D vision and came across this, a 3D (2.5D) remake is in the works of Blood Omen. From the video on the site it looks like all the characters are still sprites but the levels are polygons. I think it looks good for what they're doing ... but it also makes me wish they'd do a full-on polygon remake with light sources and shadows ... I really wish they'd bring back the series.

#3172 spoderman

spoderman

I thought Harvey Dent said that

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2013 - 04:20 PM

I believe they have a tendency to refund you in blue coins if you submitted a support ticket without specifying exactly how you wanted to be refunded. Not sure if this also applies to the auto-forced refunds.

I quickly noticed they were refunding in BC after seeing a CAG post about it in the group-buy thread. I asked Severose, and he stated ALL of his refunds from support tickets came in blue coins (even purchases made via paypal) after not specifying how he wanted to refund to be made. If you submitted a ticket for a refund, you better make damned sure you told them how you wanted to be refunded.

#3173 Financial Panther

Financial Panther

Qui audet adipiscitur

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2013 - 04:27 PM

I believe they have a tendency to refund you in blue coins if you submitted a support ticket without specifying exactly how you wanted to be refunded. Not sure if this also applies to the auto-forced refunds.

I quickly noticed they were refunding in BC after seeing a CAG post about it in the group-buy thread. I asked Severose, and he stated ALL of his refunds from support tickets came in blue coins (even purchases made via paypal) after not specifying how he wanted to refund to be made. If you submitted a ticket for a refund, you better make damned sure you told them how you wanted to be refunded.

For some reason that horrible (from a consumer standpoint), and hilarious at the same time. Logically, you would think credit (or blue coins) would be the last thing the customer wants after a bad buying experience and a company would want to minimize the damage.

Shows a lack of experience (or business sense)

#3174 Cheaplikeafox OS X

Cheaplikeafox OS X

Slut Shamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2013 - 04:43 PM

For some reason that horrible (from a consumer standpoint), and hilarious at the same time. Logically, you would think credit (or blue coins) would be the last thing the customer wants after a bad buying experience and a company would want to minimize the damage.

Shows a lack of experience (or business sense)

Now that is a pretty crappy thing to do. All refunds should be to the original form of payment not some sort of in store credit. It's almost like they are purposely messing with people who sent in support tickets.

#3175 elessar123

elessar123

96.5% more WUB WUB

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2013 - 05:21 PM

Holy crap! I must have missed a couple of pages of this thread - people have had their keys taken away from them?! I've just rushed over to my Steam library and mine still seem to be there, thank Christ. Is this a widespread issue? How many people apart from elessar123 were given keys and then had them revoked?!

Edit: just had a look back through the last few pages. elessar123 seems to be the only one affected at CAG so far. I literally cannot believe they're actually taking back the keys that they sent out!

Lol, sorry for the alarm. I meant as a hypothetical to the question I quoted. No one knows if GG will get keys revoked, though many suspect they're trying.

I'm not affected, yet. I never got keys, because I figured their system would reserve keys once it's paid for. I was wrong to give GG the benefit of the doubt. Other than that, I bought GalCiv from Motoki. But even if I lose it, it's $2.

I just really really wish I didn't buy Gray Matter from them; I did because they sounded like they were going to go through with the Bethesda bundle, so I had intended support their business. Second mistake.

#3176 Curtsey

Curtsey

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 03 January 2013 - 05:22 PM

If you get refunded in coins instead of money, just call your credit card company and refuse the original charge.

#3177 Detruire

Detruire

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2013 - 05:22 PM

Now that is a pretty crappy thing to do. All refunds should be to the original form of payment not some sort of in store credit. It's almost like they are purposely messing with people who sent in support tickets.

"Pretty crappy"? That's putting it extremely mildly.

#3178 asheskitty

asheskitty

Level 3 SJW Social_Justice_Warrior

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2013 - 05:34 PM

Some B&M stores do that. Fry's Electronics will default refund you in store credit unless you request otherwise. (Though they aren't a shining example of customer service.)

I dream in yellow comic sans.

It rubs the lotion on it's skin or else it gets Bad Rats again.

♥·.·´¯`·.·♥ Le Mew - Le Purrrrr ♥·.·´¯`·.·♥
Price Trackers --- Enhanced Steam --- SteamGameSales --- IsThereAnyDeal --- CamelCamelCamel Amazon $5 off w/EC List

Don't you be messin' with asheskitty. That girl be from the STREETS, yo.

#3179 Spyder187

Spyder187

Scratch & Sniff!

• Banned

Posted 03 January 2013 - 05:41 PM

Damn good deal on that Legacy of Kain pack. If I only had the money I would be all over that cause I don't see Steam going any lower on it anytime soon.
Posted Image

i added a link to more wang pics.

#3180 Lord Xoan

Lord Xoan

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 03 January 2013 - 05:45 PM

So guys can we expect that Gamersgate calls Valve (Steam) for revoking keys (Bethesda Pack and Borderlands 2 - 4 pack) ?