#4951 Idiotekque

Idiotekque

couch slave

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 May 2013 - 08:33 AM

XCOM UE for 9.99 (8 after 20%).

Good deal (no 4 pack :()

http://www.gamersgat...m-enemy-unknown

Awesome deal. Same as GMG, but you don't have to pay another $8 for NBA 2K13.

Terraria - $1 (Steam),  X3: Terran Conflict - $2 (Steam)Fable: The Lost Chapters - $2 (Steam)

bZ2g3eF.png

#4952 MysterD

MysterD

CAG's "Favorite" DRM-Cashew & Cylon-Toaster

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 May 2013 - 11:30 AM

XCOM UE for 9.99 (8 after 20%).

Good deal (no 4 pack :()

http://www.gamersgat...m-enemy-unknown

Ooooh, so tempting...especially at that magic 75% off price-tag!

But, dammit - I just bought BL2 and I am playing that!
Damn, GG putting up really good sales!

At least XCom EU (2012) doesn't have 500 DLC's, I guess.... ;)
It only got 2 DLC's, so far. So, who has the two DLC's? They any good?
Slingshot sounds like more campaign stuff, while Elite Soldier sounds like another unit.
How long's Slingshot DLC?

Oh, are there more DLC's planned for XCOM EU (2012)?

#4953 Corpekata

Corpekata

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 May 2013 - 11:34 AM

Slingshot is not good. A bit hard to gauge the length as it is spread out over the campaign. It's just a few missions. Get it when it's 75 percent off, maybe, as a way to see the changes it makes on your 10th playthrough. That style of DLC doesn't fit well at all in the game really. The missions aren't anything special, and the story is weak and awkwardly forced into the largely storyless game. Squad member is a bit OP at the start, so I guess if you want every edge you can, that's a small advantage.

The other DLC should really be part of the base game, as your customization options are pathetic without it. But if you don't care about changing people's appearances, it's not a huge deal. It's not another class, it just lets you make your team look like the Power Rangers.

#4954 MysterD

MysterD

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 May 2013 - 11:44 AM

Slingshot is not good. A bit hard to gauge the length as it is spread out over the campaign. It's just a few missions. Get it when it's 75 percent off, maybe, as a way to see the changes it makes on your 10th playthrough. That style of DLC doesn't fit well at all in the game really. The missions aren't anything special, and the story is weak and awkwardly forced into the largely storyless game. Squad member is a bit OP at the start, so I guess if you want every edge you can, that's a small advantage.

Thanks for the info. Appreciate it.

The other DLC should really be part of the base game, as your customization options are pathetic without it. But if you don't care about changing people's appearances, it's not a huge deal. It's not another class, it just lets you make your team look like the Power Rangers.

[Sarcasm]
"Make your team look like the Power Rangers" = I'm SOLD. ;)
[/sarcasm]

[serious]
Thanks for the warnings on the DLC's, BTW.
[/serious]

#4955 MysterD

MysterD

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 May 2013 - 11:48 AM

Oh, I know what I should've asked about XCOM: EU...
...how long does one play-through take?

#4956 Corpekata

Corpekata

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 May 2013 - 11:53 AM

It's hard to gauge. It's not really a one play through game. Most likely your first couple are going to crash and burn and you won't be able to recover and you'll have to start over or revert to a much earlier save if you're not playing on Ironman. I'd say, provided you're not on Easy, somewhere in the 10-20 hour range will be most people's first victory, add a chunk of time for the harder difficulties and if you're playing Ironman.

#4957 MattZack

MattZack

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 May 2013 - 12:20 PM

I don't see XCOM for $10, but for $15. What am I doing wrong?
Posted Image

#4958 MysterD

MysterD

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 May 2013 - 12:21 PM

@Corp
Thanks again for the info. You've been very helpful here on supplying all kinds of info on XCOM EU. :D

#4959 MysterD

MysterD

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 May 2013 - 12:22 PM

I don't see XCOM for $10, but for $15. What am I doing wrong?

Maybe 75% off was a glitch...?
I don't know - looks like it went up. :(

#4960 jlewski

jlewski

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 May 2013 - 02:17 PM

If anyone has any extra copies of BL2 let me know im interested

#4961 asheskitty

asheskitty

Level 3 SJW Social_Justice_Warrior

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 May 2013 - 03:43 PM

Maybe 75% off was a glitch...?
I don't know - looks like it went up. :(

Yeah, but the 62% currently just seems weird... We've seen it hit $8 (bundled) before, we'll see it again. Given Tony's good relationship with 2K, it could show up in an Amazon 2K Bundle..

Not being as excited about Xcom as most, I figured I'd wait for the complete edition to give it a try.

I dream in yellow comic sans.

It rubs the lotion on it's skin or else it gets Bad Rats again.

♥·.·´¯`·.·♥ Le Mew - Le Purrrrr ♥·.·´¯`·.·♥
Price Trackers --- Enhanced Steam --- SteamGameSales --- IsThereAnyDeal --- CamelCamelCamel Amazon $5 off w/EC List

Don't you be messin' with asheskitty. That girl be from the STREETS, yo.

#4962 MysterD

MysterD

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 May 2013 - 03:45 PM

@Ash

We've seen it hit $8 (bundled) before, we'll see it again. Given Tony's good relationship with 2K, it could show up in an Amazon 2K Bundle..
Not being as excited about Xcom as most, I figured I'd wait for the complete edition to give it a try.

Big question - is MORE DLC planned for XCOM EU?

Yeah, but the 62% currently just seems weird...

Wait...when has GG glitches ever gone up in price? :-x

#4963 asheskitty

asheskitty

Level 3 SJW Social_Justice_Warrior

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 May 2013 - 04:20 PM

I'm not really sure, having never even slightly drools over Xcom (pretty much only on my radar because CAGs seem to like it) I haven't followed any press/rumors for it. Also we are coming up on the various summer sales (Steam & GG for sure, I'm really interested to see if/what GMG & Amazon do this year). Between it's weak appeal to me and my backlog I'm content to wait.

Well, I'd consider the current price the corrected version. Glitching upwards happened on the BL2 price glitch in Jan (though that was generally crazy with a number of different prices), as it had dropped to ~$5 at one point before doubling back to the $11.50 price (4-pack)... recall when the glitch was first posted it was a 1-pack at $15 (quite a good price at the time, ). Also some CAGs snagged the season pass nicely glitched but that went up in price well before the $11.50 4-pack came to an end.

I don't feel there is (or should be) a lot of consistency in GG glitches, apart from the fact that they happen regularly and amazingly GG honors them (apart from some of the Beth Pack/BL2 massive internet-dogpile glitches)... even when they are crazy low, remember GR: FS for like ~$2.50? force refunded and then later keyed :puzzled:

I dream in yellow comic sans.

It rubs the lotion on it's skin or else it gets Bad Rats again.

♥·.·´¯`·.·♥ Le Mew - Le Purrrrr ♥·.·´¯`·.·♥
Price Trackers --- Enhanced Steam --- SteamGameSales --- IsThereAnyDeal --- CamelCamelCamel Amazon $5 off w/EC List

Don't you be messin' with asheskitty. That girl be from the STREETS, yo.

#4964 Jon7

Jon7

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 May 2013 - 07:15 PM

Big question - is MORE DLC planned for XCOM EU?

I believe they've said to expect more DLC for it, but they haven't firmly announced anything yet.

#4965 jlewski

jlewski

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 May 2013 - 10:21 PM

I Missed the BL2 Sale anyone have any spare keys there willing to part with for 6 bucks let me know cause i missed the sale

#4966 Corpekata

Corpekata

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 May 2013 - 12:18 AM

There's no more DLC for XCOM coming. They have an Elite edition out on some sites already. They appear to be teasing an expansion or semi-sequel in the way Terror from the Deep wasn't a real sequel to the original XCOM. Whatever it is I bet it will be standalone.

In interviews it seemed like they appeared to be interested in doing more DLC but the almost universally negative reaction to Slingshot put a damper on what they had planned.

#4967 etcrane

etcrane

Winter Is Coming

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 May 2013 - 12:34 AM

There's no more DLC for XCOM coming. They have an Elite edition out on some sites already. They appear to be teasing an expansion or semi-sequel in the way Terror from the Deep wasn't a real sequel to the original XCOM. Whatever it is I bet it will be standalone.

In interviews it seemed like they appeared to be interested in doing more DLC but the almost universally negative reaction to Slingshot put a damper on what they had planned.

I believe the Elite Edition is the Mac version, which just included the pre-order and 2 small DLC packs. The DLC is ok but nothing to write home about. If you can get a good deal on the base game, I'd say it's worth grabbing now as opposed to waiting.

#4968 seamoss

seamoss

CAGadversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 May 2013 - 02:42 PM

Weekly offers are flipping - some decent deals coming up.

FEAR Complete $10 / $8
Dragon Age Complete $10 / $8
Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning Collection $9 / $7.20
Rollercoaster Tycoon Deluxe $1.50 / $Whatever

#4969 MySaturdaySelf

MySaturdaySelf

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 May 2013 - 02:47 PM

can anyone with 20% discount snatch a C&C ultimate for me (currently $19.95 at gg).

let me know your paypal. thanks
leftover cheap steam keys from bundles? i'm buying --> https://docs.google....sted=true&pli=1

#4970 Cheaplikeafox OS X

Cheaplikeafox OS X

Posted 06 May 2013 - 04:02 PM

Weekly offers are flipping - some decent deals coming up.

FEAR Complete $10 / $8
Dragon Age Complete $10 / $8
Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning Collection $9 / $7.20
Rollercoaster Tycoon Deluxe $1.50 / $Whatever

Interesting deals for me:

Batman Arkham Collection (GOTY for City and Aslyum) - $13.49/10.79
Batman Complete Collection (Previous bundle plus Lego Batmans) - $27/21.6

DRM is most likely mixed on these with very little being Steam.

Political Machine 2012 4 Pack for $5/4 is also a good deal and on Steam.

Learn how to get FREE and CHEAP games with Tremorgames: http://www.cheapassg...tremorgamescom/

#4971 Izod

Izod

CheepLikeASpoder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 May 2013 - 04:31 PM

I'd be in for the political 4pck for one copy of anyone buys. The Batman games are probably all GFWL. :(

#4972 ezelkow1

ezelkow1

CAG in Limbo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 May 2013 - 04:41 PM

is the 4pack still running? I was just about to go buy one since there seemed to be enough interest but it looks like its up to 10$

#4973 Cheaplikeafox OS X

Cheaplikeafox OS X

Posted 06 May 2013 - 04:52 PM

It was running as of when I posted, but looks like they ended it now.

Learn how to get FREE and CHEAP games with Tremorgames: http://www.cheapassg...tremorgamescom/

#4974 Izod

Izod

CheepLikeASpoder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 May 2013 - 06:39 PM

Oh well, I'm out, the wife would have liked it for shiggles (shits+giggles) but I'm not really interested in it.

#4975 Syntax Error

Syntax Error

Tortue d'Art

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 May 2013 - 03:02 PM

Any thoughts on the quality of the games in today's Clancy pack?

$6.25 (or $5 with comp) for:

- Ghost Recon: Advanced Warfighter (aka GRAW 1)
- Splinter Cell Chaos Theory
- EndWar
- HAWX
- Rainbow Six Vegas

I know close to nothing about them aside from "They'd be $1 each".

#4976 heroes159

heroes159

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 May 2013 - 03:04 PM

Any thoughts on the quality of the games in today's Clancy pack?

$6.25 (or $5 with comp) for:

- Ghost Recon: Advanced Warfighter (aka GRAW 1)
- Splinter Cell Chaos Theory
- EndWar
- HAWX
- Rainbow Six Vegas

I know close to nothing about them aside from "They'd be $1 each".

Good deal. Whats the DRM for this ? UPLAY ???

#4977 Syntax Error

Syntax Error

Tortue d'Art

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 May 2013 - 03:07 PM

Looking at the individual game, some say "Tages". No idea if that's removed or not but I thought I'd bring it up since I might as well be saying "It comes with Leprosy-Herpes" to some folks.

#4978 Cheaplikeafox OS X

Cheaplikeafox OS X

Posted 07 May 2013 - 03:39 PM

Ah, good to see they adjusted the price. Last night the same pack was $24.99.

It's a great deal if you haven't played any of them. They are a little dated, but the TC games tend to be pretty good IMO. I have played GRAW, Chaos Theory, and Vegas and they are all good.

#4979 gilby

gilby

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 May 2013 - 04:22 PM

Looking at the individual game, some say "Tages". No idea if that's removed or not but I thought I'd bring it up since I might as well be saying "It comes with Leprosy-Herpes" to some folks.

No, that would be Starforce.

Chaos Theory had some nasty DRM at retail.

This seems a bit more like a basic activation, though I can't find any information about activation limits.

There is also nothing listed on the DRM for Endwar.

#4980 seamoss

seamoss

CAGadversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 May 2013 - 04:30 PM

No, that would be Starforce.

Chaos Theory had some nasty DRM at retail.

This seems a bit more like a basic activation, though I can't find any information about activation limits.

There is also nothing listed on the DRM for Endwar.

Nah, Tages sucks monkey balls too - it's famous for actually requiring you to install OS device drivers purely for DRM - see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tagès

Funny enough, most of the 1C games on GG have Starforce, but it's only used like you said: for serial activation.