GamersGate Thread

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
7798 replies to this topic

#871 Cheaplikeafox OS X

Cheaplikeafox OS X

Insufferable Asshole

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 September 2012 - 07:05 AM

Daily deal is Homefront Ultimate Edition for $6.24.

Not a bad price.

I have a handful of leftover July Madness Bundles - PM if interested

Learn how to get FREE and CHEAP games with Tremorgames: http://www.cheapassg...tremorgamescom/

#872 Cheaplikeafox OS X

Cheaplikeafox OS X

Insufferable Asshole

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2012 - 07:02 AM

Today's daily is Alpha Protocol for $3.99 DRM FREE

$3.40 if you have the IGN discount. Great deal.

Learn how to get FREE and CHEAP games with Tremorgames: http://www.cheapassg...tremorgamescom/

#873 walkonshadows

walkonshadows

Terminal CAGtosis

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 October 2012 - 07:03 AM

Yay! I beat CheapLikeAFox this time!!!

Today's daily is The Dead Mountaineer's Hotel for $3.38 (ScecuROM)
http://www.gamersgat...ntaineers-hotel

Also Pride of Nations is $2.50 DRM
http://www.gamersgat...ride-of-nations

Anyone who wants a 72-Hour guest pass to The Secret World, just PM me your email.

LeCuPXZ.jpgUUVGik1.jpgDEjnR1E.jpg

CEh38V2.jpgKxJkMdH.jpgJtnnbZt.jpg

#874 MysterD

MysterD

CAG's "Favorite" DRM-Cashew & Cylon-Toaster

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 October 2012 - 01:42 PM

AP surely is an underrated gem.

#875 seamoss

seamoss

CAGadversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 October 2012 - 02:44 PM

Looks like Skyrim is below $30 if you have the IGN discount plus the ~1500 BlueCoins reward (and it's Steamworks, obviously).

EDIT: ...although it seems to be cheaper at GMG ($27).

#876 Cheaplikeafox OS X

Cheaplikeafox OS X

Insufferable Asshole

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 October 2012 - 04:09 PM

Looks like Skyrim is below $30 if you have the IGN discount plus the ~1500 BlueCoins reward (and it's Steamworks, obviously).

They are not as good as the summer sale, but Morrowind and Obvlivion GOTY are cheaper at GG after IGN discount.

#877 MysterD

MysterD

CAG's "Favorite" DRM-Cashew & Cylon-Toaster

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 October 2012 - 04:14 PM

If you are looking for Skyrim PC (base game) and you live in the USA, go call your local Toys R Us and see if they have it.
It's $10, if they do - since they're dumping out A LOT of PC games the last few days.
Also - see this thread.

#878 DarkPGR

DarkPGR

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 October 2012 - 04:16 PM

Dumb question but, whats the IGN discount everyone is talking about?
Posted ImagePosted Image

#879 zenii

zenii

cynical sam

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 October 2012 - 04:40 PM

If you have a yearly IGN subscription you get a 10% (I think?) multi-use coupon for GG.

#880 Umair56

Umair56

CHINA DON'T CARE

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 October 2012 - 04:46 PM

No Tower Wars in this sale? I bought that a few weeks ago with blue coins and its surprisingly a really good multiplayer tower defense. Also probably the best looking tower defense, that I have played anyway. More people need to play that game.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/umair56
Umair56 on Origin, PSN, Battle.net, etc etc

#881 Corpekata

Corpekata

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 October 2012 - 04:47 PM

No. If you get even a month of IGN Prime, you can link your account to Gamersgate for a permanent 15 percent discount. Works on most everything, including most preorders. Most people got it in a free trial, but it's likely still worth signing up for a month since a month is like 8 bucks, and you'll likely save more than that anyway after a few purchases.

#882 Razorfish

Razorfish

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 October 2012 - 04:49 PM

If you are an IGN Prime member (subscriptions are purchaseable in yearly, monthly and multi-month increments), you will receive a code to redeem on your GamersGate account for a permanent 15% discount on everything* they sell.

*Some products offer 15% credit in "blue coins" (GG's "cashback" credit currency) towards future purchases instead of the 15% discount.

#883 asheskitty

asheskitty

Coconut Kitty

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 October 2012 - 04:56 PM

Check the second post in the thread for that and more information. =)

#884 Eldredpe

Eldredpe

Disconcerted

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 October 2012 - 05:32 PM

Chain Shot!

#885 PenguinJim

PenguinJim

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 October 2012 - 05:00 PM

They appear to have the cheapest online pre-order for Dishonored at the moment if you're an IGN discount holder: $41 if you go through www.gamersgate.co.uk

#886 Necrotron

Necrotron

Now with strawberry!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 October 2012 - 06:48 PM

If you are an IGN Prime member (subscriptions are purchaseable in yearly, monthly and multi-month increments), you will receive a code to redeem on your GamersGate account for a permanent 15% discount on everything* they sell.

*Some products offer 15% credit in "blue coins" (GG's "cashback" credit currency) towards future purchases instead of the 15% discount.

Because I kept meaning to sign up for Prime to get that discount, I did so today. And :cry:, the redeem Gamers Gate discount promo link takes me to a broken webpage with code scattered across with the phrase string betaKey = (key.KeyText != String.Empty) ? key.KeyText : "Sorry, no more keys available"; clearly visable.

Update: Looks like this is a common issue and a new code is usually given from support after about a week delay. http://www.ign.com/b...code.452672009/

Edited by Necrotron, 06 October 2012 - 07:01 PM.

#887 Rockopotamus

Rockopotamus

My riffs are bottomless.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 October 2012 - 03:55 AM

Great deal on Awesomenauts, as pointed out by CheapLikeAFox in another thread. I'm strongly considering hosting a group buy of the 3 pack.

Because I kept meaning to sign up for Prime to get that discount, I did so today. And :cry:, the redeem Gamers Gate discount promo link takes me to a broken webpage with code scattered across with the phrase string betaKey = (key.KeyText != String.Empty) ? key.KeyText : "Sorry, no more keys available"; clearly visable.

Update: Looks like this is a common issue and a new code is usually given from support after about a week delay. http://www.ign.com/b...code.452672009/

Any time sensitive sales you're trying to get with the IGN discount? I have the discount myself and would gladly buy something for you and gift it at cost via PayPal if you need it done soon. You'd miss out on the blue coin bonus though, obviously.

#888 Cheaplikeafox OS X

Cheaplikeafox OS X

Insufferable Asshole

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 October 2012 - 10:48 AM

EA Sale this week. A lot of $5 games and a new deal each day.

#889 Umair56

Umair56

CHINA DON'T CARE

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 October 2012 - 08:52 PM

I definitely want to pick up NFS the Run and I also want Syndicate but should I wait for them to possibly show up as a daily deal? Especially in the case of Syndicate because I believe that was $6 over the summer.

#890 Greyghost

Greyghost

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 October 2012 - 09:51 PM

EA Sale this week. A lot of $5 games and a new deal each day.

Wish they would do a $5 Amalur but the base is still $40 so that won't happen.

I think $5 is my 'it's cheap enough that I can live with having it on Origin instead of Steam' threshold. :-P

#891 mewantgames

mewantgames

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 October 2012 - 10:05 PM

I definitely want to pick up NFS the Run and I also want Syndicate but should I wait for them to possibly show up as a daily deal? Especially in the case of Syndicate because I believe that was $6 over the summer.

Yeah i'd wait on syndicate. Picked up the run with blue coins, really wish steam or other DD services did something similar to GG blue coins.

#892 warreni

warreni

Eminently punchable

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 October 2012 - 03:49 PM

Wish they would do a $5 Amalur but the base is still $40 so that won't happen.

I think $5 is my 'it's cheap enough that I can live with having it on Origin instead of Steam' threshold. :-P

Your best bet on KoA is an Amazon sale. Even during its mega-sale events, Steam has given limp or nonexistent discounts on Amalur and its DLC, possibly due to the fate of 38 Studios. However, I wouldn't count on even Amazon discounting it to $5 in the near future.

fs_20fa6c7c0d5d11e0a23d8bb844bec87b.png

If you're not having fun, you're doing it wrong.

#893 theclaw

theclaw

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 October 2012 - 06:54 PM

Yeah i'd wait on syndicate. Picked up the run with blue coins, really wish steam or other DD services did something similar to GG blue coins.

The run bought here too. Interesting they let don't let you buy 3000 or 4000 blue coins, even though 1000x2 is allowed.

#894 Umair56

Umair56

CHINA DON'T CARE

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 October 2012 - 07:04 AM

Today's daily deal is Kingdoms of Amalur for $15.98. We've seen it at that price before although they have the KoA collection for $17.48. Might be good if you want the DLC?

#895 CrimsonTribe

CrimsonTribe

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 October 2012 - 12:12 PM

Today's daily deal is Kingdoms of Amalur for $15.98. We've seen it at that price before although they have the KoA collection for $17.48. Might be good if you want the DLC?

I assume that everyone in the US can see that price? It's intriguing how some items are region locked. In Puerto Rico I get prices in $US and can see almost all of the US deals, but KOA is not available. On the other hand, I can buy Sacred 2. I wonder if it really is that publishers have exclusions that are this specific, or it's just glitches in Gamersgate's system.

Workin on it

#896 asheskitty

asheskitty

Coconut Kitty

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 October 2012 - 02:26 PM

KoA collection for $17.48

Now that is tempting. If I was going to play it right away, I'd bite on that. Today I will contemplate holding out till Xmas or just biting. Would that be an origin key I can just chuck into the origin client?

#897 Cheaplikeafox OS X

Cheaplikeafox OS X

Insufferable Asshole

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 October 2012 - 02:32 PM

Now that is tempting. If I was going to play it right away, I'd bite on that. Today I will contemplate holding out till Xmas or just biting. Would that be an origin key I can just chuck into the origin client?

I think KoA is one of the first Origin required games? Outside of Steam? If it doesn't require Origin, it is definitely activated on Origin. Great deal on the entire package with the DLC.

Edit:
Also don't forget the discount! Bringing it down to $14.86. If you don't have the discount you can just have someone buy it for you and then pop the keys into Origin.

#898 asheskitty

asheskitty

Coconut Kitty

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 October 2012 - 03:18 PM

Thanks. I have the mark-of-IGN discount =) $26 for KoA complete (past Amazon sale) was too rich for my blood. $15 is very close to my absolutely-buy-at $10.

#899 Greyghost

Greyghost

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 October 2012 - 05:48 PM

Meh, I am thinking about. I'd probably go for $10 with the DLC so this is sort of close. I guess I can see how many Blue Coins I have and then buy additional blue coins to make up the difference so I'm paying even a little bit less.

Decisions, decisions...

#900 Necrotron

Necrotron

Now with strawberry!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 October 2012 - 06:07 PM

Any time sensitive sales you're trying to get with the IGN discount? I have the discount myself and would gladly buy something for you and gift it at cost via PayPal if you need it done soon. You'd miss out on the blue coin bonus though, obviously.

I appreciate it, but nothing time sensitive. I just wanted to pick up the discount code before, if ever, it goes away.