GamersGate Thread

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
7798 replies to this topic

#2761 Bacon Parade

Bacon Parade

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 December 2012 - 09:51 PM

At least some of you are able to get a refund. Borderlands 2 - 4 pack was removed from my shelf, but still no notification of any sort of a refund.

#2762 INCyr

INCyr

Devotee of CAGthulhu

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 December 2012 - 10:46 PM

Have you guys got your refunds from the Bethesda pack? I haven't yet, maybe because I bought it as a gift and gift it to myself. Anyone else with this same problem? I submitted a ticket yesterday.

No, I have yet to hear ANYTHING regarding an actual refund, aside from the first e-mail notification about pulling the bundles. I used Moneybookers, as paypal wasn't allowing my payment through, so I don't know if that has anything to do with it. I submitted a ticket a day or two ago, but haven't heard anything back from that either, aside from the autogenerated "we got your ticket."

Very frustrating.

#2763 dijeikei

dijeikei

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 December 2012 - 10:48 PM

At least some of you are able to get a refund. Borderlands 2 - 4 pack was removed from my shelf, but still no notification of any sort of a refund.

same here

#2764 asheskitty

asheskitty

Level 3 SJW Social_Justice_Warrior

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 December 2012 - 10:48 PM

No, I have yet to hear ANYTHING regarding an actual refund, aside from the first e-mail notification about pulling the bundles. I used Moneybookers, as paypal wasn't allowing my payment through, so I don't know if that has anything to do with it. I submitted a ticket a day or two ago, but haven't heard anything back from that either, aside from the autogenerated "we got your ticket."

Very frustrating.

Check http://www.gamersgat.../account/orders

I dream in yellow comic sans.

It rubs the lotion on it's skin or else it gets Bad Rats again.

♥·.·´¯`·.·♥ Le Mew - Le Purrrrr ♥·.·´¯`·.·♥
Price Trackers --- Enhanced Steam --- SteamGameSales --- IsThereAnyDeal --- CamelCamelCamel Amazon $5 off w/EC List

Don't you be messin' with asheskitty. That girl be from the STREETS, yo.

#2765 INCyr

INCyr

Devotee of CAGthulhu

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 December 2012 - 10:51 PM

What am I checking there? I've looked at my orders, the one with the Bethesda Packs is listed as "Canceled" - no other information in the order. (In fact, I had a bunch of orders that had gone through, but I only paid for one and canceled all the rest. They all now say canceled and are pretty indistinguishable.) Or am I to take it from that that I'm NOT likely to get a refund and have to issue a dispute with my credit card company? Because I really would rather NOT do that unless I absolutely have to.

#2766 soulkyo

soulkyo

Veterinary Medicine

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 December 2012 - 10:51 PM

I've checked it and my order appears as completed but I haven't been refunded yet.

#2767 inm8num2

inm8num2

GOG Pogs are coming

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 December 2012 - 10:52 PM

Me neither.

#2768 Idiotekque

Idiotekque

couch slave

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 December 2012 - 10:56 PM

Level 4 GG account. No e-mail about refund. No refund on PayPal account. The games are still in the shelf.

See, if you were level 5...

Terraria - $1 (Steam),  X3: Terran Conflict - $2 (Steam)Fable: The Lost Chapters - $2 (Steam)

bZ2g3eF.png

#2769 asheskitty

asheskitty

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 December 2012 - 10:56 PM

What am I checking there? I've looked at my orders, the one with the Bethesda Packs is listed as "Canceled" - no other information in the order. (In fact, I had a bunch of orders that had gone through, but I only paid for one and canceled all the rest. They all now say canceled and are pretty indistinguishable.) Or am I to take it from that that I'm NOT likely to get a refund and have to issue a dispute with my credit card company? Because I really would rather NOT do that unless I absolutely have to.

Okay, so yours do say canceled. Of my competed/paid order two were canceled. One to paypal with notification, one back to blue coins without notification. Thus in my experience, if it says canceled it was refunded. I'd be interesting to hear of contrary experience. I know nothing about moneybookers.

Price Trackers --- Enhanced Steam --- SteamGameSales --- IsThereAnyDeal --- CamelCamelCamel Amazon $5 off w/EC List

#2770 soulkyo

soulkyo

Veterinary Medicine

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 December 2012 - 10:58 PM

Okay, so yours do say canceled. Of my competed/paid order two were canceled. One to paypal with notification, one back to blue coins without notification. Thus in my experience, if it says canceled it was refunded. I'd be interesting to hear of contrary experience. I know nothing about moneybookers.

So if it shows as Completed, it is yet to be refunded, right? At least that's what I understand ;)

#2771 INCyr

INCyr

Devotee of CAGthulhu

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 December 2012 - 10:59 PM

Well, I haven't received any other e-mails regarding the refund, but upon checking my account today, it appears that my refund has been applied. So I guess I'm good as far as that goes. Still could use MUCH better communication, in my opinion.

#2772 asheskitty

asheskitty

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 December 2012 - 11:04 PM

Well, I haven't received any other e-mails regarding the refund, but upon checking my account today, it appears that my refund has been applied. So I guess I'm good as far as that goes. Still could use MUCH better communication, in my opinion.

I agree. Order history is how I found about my stealth forced-refund on GR:FS.

So if it shows as Completed, it is yet to be refunded, right? At least that's what I understand ;)

Seems that way in my experience.

#2773 soulkyo

soulkyo

Veterinary Medicine

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 December 2012 - 11:09 PM

Seems that way in my experience.

And how do you know your order has been refunded. Instead of Completed or Canceled it shows as Refunded or what? Thansk for the info ;)

#2774 Syntax Error

Syntax Error

Tortue d'Art

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 December 2012 - 11:10 PM

To be fair to GamersGate (shudder), the SC: Conviction for $3.24 is the standard edition (84% off) and the $6.25 one is the Deluxe Edition (75% off). I don't think it was a price change so much as them changing which item was featured on the main "dailies" header.

Now the Standard Edition is 35% off at $12.95

GamersGate!! What is wrong with you?!?! #-o

#2775 nategator

nategator

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 December 2012 - 11:18 PM

A few days. Not even interested in Skyrim, but since it was part of the bundle, I figured I'd just go ahead and check for serials for every game.

So, I wasn't in any hurry to find it, so no, I'm positive I didn't even bother checking "right after" the "we'll get them in Jan" announcement. I honestly pretty much just reluctantly stumbled upon it because I thought I'd bother checking all of my serials.

But I went ahead and redeemed it on Steam. (I've never played any of the Oblivion games, so can't say I'm even interested.) But since I wasn't sure if having redeemed serials from the Pack might make a difference, I went ahead and redeemed it.

And, for the record, regardless of what GG ends up doing, I feel I did nothing wrong. When I bought it I waited for their announcement of "keys in Jan" before I even attempted to see if I had been granted serials at all, never mind redeeming.

But yes, I was fairly surprised to find Skyrim. Not only because it's a popular game (I know somehow who apparently plays it like 7 hours a day) so thought everyone would want it over being popular, but also because it's one of the higher-valued keys in the Pack for resell value, exception perhaps being Dishonored.

So, you'd think everyone bothered getting the serials that bought the Pack, based on that alone? Which leads me to think that maybe they just have plenty of Skyrim keys?

I can't remember where, but someone was saying how they were buying a Bethesda game (maybe Skyrim?) and were getting that "sorry we're out of keys, we'll contact the publisher" message.

Three guesses come to mind:
(a) GG's database is "leaking" keys for want of a better term
(b) every time GG loads more keys into their database they're free to be claimed first-come-first-serve, they can't differentiate between new purchasers and old purchasers
© your and the GL2 claimants' experiences are complete flukes

Steam Keys for sale:

SotS Complete Collection (does not inc. SotS II) $4 Paypal

#2776 Syntax Error

Syntax Error

Tortue d'Art

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 December 2012 - 11:44 PM

I just emailed GG support and asked them to remove GR:FW from my shelf since it wasn't going to have a code. The immediately emailed me back and said it had been removed (and it was).

My point is that they're ignoring the rest of you.

#2777 Mooby

Mooby

Herp Derp

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 December 2012 - 11:45 PM

Guys, if you haven't heard anything from them... contact them.

#2778 Solarist

Solarist

CAG in Training

• CAG Veteran

Posted 29 December 2012 - 11:54 PM

I purchased one Bethesda bundle, and was only able to redeem Skyrim and FO:NV thus far. I have not received a refund email, and my entire bundle still shows on my shelf (of course with the standard lack of keys). Oddly, I also never received a confirmation email initially when I bought the bundle (although I did get an email from Moneybooker, which I used to purchase and I have received confirmations from GG in the past and since the bundle). Hopefully when they reload keys I can obtain them...

#2779 Larce80

Larce80

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 December 2012 - 12:02 AM

did I miss anything good in the last 24 hrs?
Sign up at Greenmangaming with my link and we'll both get $2 credit when you make a purchase :)

#2780 Syntax Error

Syntax Error

Tortue d'Art

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 December 2012 - 12:03 AM

I bought Splinter Cell Conviction for $2 and a handful of blue coins.

#2781 Stonekeep

Stonekeep

ThePizzaDude

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 December 2012 - 12:03 AM

It's down now, what happened?

#2782 Syntax Error

Syntax Error

Tortue d'Art

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 December 2012 - 12:05 AM

Far Cry 3 thirty-six packs for a dime.

#2783 asheskitty

asheskitty

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 December 2012 - 12:14 AM

Skyrim keys

#2784 Tane

Tane

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 December 2012 - 12:43 AM

Have you guys got your refunds from the Bethesda pack? I haven't yet, maybe because I bought it as a gift and gift it to myself. Anyone else with this same problem? I submitted a ticket yesterday.

I am in the same boat as you. I was waiting to hear what happens next week before submitting a ticket for a refund. I highly doubt I will get any of the keys. I am to a point I don't even really care anymore I just want my $30 back.

i5 3570k | GTX 780 | FT02

#2785 nategator

nategator

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 December 2012 - 12:51 AM

I am in the same boat as you. I was waiting to hear what happens next week before submitting a ticket for a refund. I highly doubt I will get any of the keys. I am to a point I don't even really care anymore I just want my $30 back.

Excellent avatar.

Steam Keys for sale:

SotS Complete Collection (does not inc. SotS II) $4 Paypal

#2786 Syntax Error

Syntax Error

Tortue d'Art

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 December 2012 - 12:56 AM

Excellent avatar.

I dunno. I forgot to read his post.

#2787 DonRamon

DonRamon

CAG Veteran

• CAG Veteran

Posted 30 December 2012 - 01:42 AM

I dunno. I forgot to read his post.

Was there a post?

#2788 El Vader

El Vader

Dark Lord of the Sith

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 December 2012 - 01:49 AM

I don't get it.

I got the refund, my orders shows as cancelled, BUT I already activated all of the keys exept for FO:GOTY and Rage... so, should i be afraid? or "free games gg" ?

#2789 The End

The End

It's a Prairie Dog.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 December 2012 - 01:52 AM

Procedure to decrypt and backup GamersGate Game Setup Files:

Spoiler

Trick doesn't seem to work for "Space Rangers 2" or "Space Rangers 2 Reboot". It converts the launcher for a split-second, but then it converts it right back and I get the pop-up asking me if I want to delete the content or not.

Gonna skip those for now and see if I run into any other snags.

57j.gif

#2790 MrBonk

MrBonk

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 December 2012 - 01:53 AM

I don't get it.

I got the refund, my orders shows as cancelled, BUT I already activated all of the keys exept for FO:GOTY and Rage... so, should i be afraid? or "free games gg" ?

My guess , the latter.

Lucky hah