Best Buy Deal of the Day (2012)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
7202 replies to this topic

#4201 capp34

capp34

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 July 2012 - 04:10 PM

Then why buy it if you have a ps3? May not deserve hate but if it's not the best, why bother? In the immortal words of Ricky Bobby "If you ain't first, you're last"

If 360 only then you have no choice.

Completely off topic sorta but everyone realizes that NCAA football is gone after next year too right? Already no NCAA bball game, no third party Mlb game, it's like all sports games are dieing off slowly...

Completely wrong look into a bit more.

#4202 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 27 July 2012 - 04:12 PM

it's like all sports games are dieing off slowly...

A dream come true for me. Now if only ESPN and all of the other channels that used to clog our cable lineup would permanently go off the air and they'd launch Lebron and the rest of the overpaid primadonnas into space I'd cheer.:D

Edited by IAmTheCheapestGamer, 27 July 2012 - 04:32 PM.

i added a link to more wang pics. yu wang i mean not wang wang as in penis.

Sarcasm-Just one of the many services I offer.
Posted Image

#4203 ooga

ooga

Mmm Zombie Chickens!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 July 2012 - 04:13 PM

Bia in vietnamese is beer. :lol:

WOAH! Google "bia" for images. Warning don't do it if your boss is at your desk.

Click on GamerCard below for my game list.

MrzombieChicken.jpg

http://mygamerprofil...mrzombiechicken

#4204 littledude702

littledude702

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 July 2012 - 04:14 PM

Can't pull the trigger as I have no interest in MLB.

*hugs The Show*

Trade in MLB to Gamestop for $18 base. If you do the 30% towards preowned and the 10% powerup thats $25. I wouldn't mind getting NBA for 3 dollars and tax.

#4205 kilik64

kilik64

Carefree, Wherever We May Be

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 July 2012 - 04:19 PM

Completely wrong look into a bit more.

How's that? Way I read it ea can't license NCAA for 5 years after NCAA 14. Unless someone else picks up the license no college football game.

#4206 WNYX585AM

WNYX585AM

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 July 2012 - 04:30 PM

How's that? Way I read it ea can't license NCAA for 5 years after NCAA 14. Unless someone else picks up the license no college football game.

I believe EA just loses the ability to have an exclusive license. They'll still probably make it, but someone else could make a competing version also. The competition might be good for college football gamers.

#4207 WNYX585AM

WNYX585AM

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 July 2012 - 04:32 PM

WOAH! Google "bia" for images. Warning don't do it if your boss is at your desk.

I get Bureau of Indian Affairs or Brick Industry Association. Salacious indeed... :)

#4208 kilik64

kilik64

Carefree, Wherever We May Be

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 July 2012 - 04:33 PM

I believe EA just loses the ability to have an exclusive license. They'll still probably make it, but someone else could make a competing version also. The competition might be good for college football gamers.

Thanks for the info unlike others who post one line with no info...

Any rate I blame joystiq since that's how the article read, just looked up again now there is update clarifying that Yea they keep license just not exclusive.

I really doubt anyone will make a competing product. Cost too much to start a new series I would think.

#4209 tuffguycore

tuffguycore

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 July 2012 - 04:33 PM

Nba alone makes the deal worth it. Truly awesome game. Loved the 15 greatest legend challenge mode. I had a fun and super hard time beat the trailblazers with 91 lakers. Drexler, porter and Ainge was killing me with open jump shots. Buck williams getting a lot of offensive rebound made it even more frustrating. I beat them after nine tries. Can't wait for 2k13's legend mode.

Holy shit, that's a legend game? Alright, I was already thinking of biting, now I'm thinking it would be a no brainer...

#4210 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 27 July 2012 - 04:36 PM

I get Bureau of Indian Affairs or Brick Industry Association. Salacious indeed... :)

You gotta click on the left side of the page where it says images. It's nothing too racy for the most part, but more than likely would be nsfw by some workplace standards.

Now on the other hand if you went to whitehouse.com you might get fired.:lol:

i added a link to more wang pics. yu wang i mean not wang wang as in penis.

Sarcasm-Just one of the many services I offer.
Posted Image

#4211 TheBomb69

TheBomb69

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 July 2012 - 04:37 PM

Trade in MLB to Gamestop for $18 base. If you do the 30% towards preowned and the 10% powerup thats $25. I wouldn't mind getting NBA for 3 dollars and tax.

I wasn't thinking like that as I see a combo pack but I read they come in separate packages. Hmmm...

#4212 PrinnyJ

PrinnyJ

Stay@HomeDad Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 July 2012 - 04:42 PM

I was hoping the NBA 2k12 was on sale for PS3, so someone would want to buy/trade my code for the Legends Showcase that I have. Oh well, still a good deal for those that want the pack for 360.

#4213 irideabike

irideabike

Posted 27 July 2012 - 04:44 PM

is it the same price in store or do I need to buy it online and do instore pickup

There are no shortcuts. No do-overs. What happened, happened. Trust me. I know. All of this matters.

Madden 13 SB Champ in the CAG gentleman's league.

#4214 GamerDude316

GamerDude316

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 July 2012 - 04:46 PM

To your point with no Baseball game on the 360 next year MLB 2k12 may become a little valuable like NCAA Basketball 10. Come Spring guys are going to be wanting a baseball game to play.

Wait, this is 2K's last year? When did that happen?

#4215 slofton

slofton

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 July 2012 - 04:47 PM

I have NO interest in NBA, but loads in MLB. Soooo..... Who wants to go half for the NBA game? lol

#4216 WNYX585AM

WNYX585AM

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 July 2012 - 04:48 PM

Thanks for the info unlike others who post one line with no info...

Any rate I blame joystiq since that's how the article read, just looked up again now there is update clarifying that Yea they keep license just not exclusive.

I really doubt anyone will make a competing product. Cost too much to start a new series I would think.

I wouldn't be surprised if 2K does it. Especially if they are not doing baseball anymore.

#4217 ooga

ooga

Mmm Zombie Chickens!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 July 2012 - 05:03 PM

Change it to image search.

Click on GamerCard below for my game list.

MrzombieChicken.jpg

http://mygamerprofil...mrzombiechicken

#4218 heyheyhey11

heyheyhey11

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 July 2012 - 05:07 PM

Holy shit, that's a legend game? Alright, I was already thinking of biting, now I'm thinking it would be a no brainer...

Again, super awesome game if you're fan of 80s and 90s Nba. Today's nba sucks for me. So I've unlocked all the legends teams. what I do is, I play season mode and replace all the current teams with legends teams of the 80s and 90s. So icould have 96 bulls along with 95 Knicks and magic. 93 hornet is there along with current celtics and 86 celtics. 86 hawks, 89 pistons and cavs. On the west I have two lakers teams. Other being 86 lakers. 94 rockets and nuggets. 96 sonics with 98 jazz.

#4219 TheBomb69

TheBomb69

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 July 2012 - 05:23 PM

I have NO interest in NBA, but loads in MLB. Soooo..... Who wants to go half for the NBA game? lol

*raises hand*

#4220 Confucius

Confucius

Corporate Shill

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 July 2012 - 05:24 PM

*raises hand*

Easier to just trade in the other half on amazon. No shipping costs.

#4221 chriscolbert

chriscolbert

Push Me, Pull Me

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 July 2012 - 05:26 PM

Then why buy it if you have a ps3? May not deserve hate but if it's not the best, why bother? In the immortal words of Ricky Bobby "If you ain't first, you're last"

If 360 only then you have no choice.

Completely off topic sorta but everyone realizes that NCAA football is gone after next year too right? Already no NCAA bball game, no third party Mlb game, it's like all sports games are dieing off slowly...

While I do have a PS3, I also have two 360s. One of them is obviously hooked to a different TV and like I said earlier, while The Show sets the bar impossibly high, there are a few areas that 2K12 does better in and I like the idea of always having an MLB game to play on any TV.

And as someone else mentioned earlier, there is a good chance that this is it for the MLB 2K series so until someone else steps up it's my best option.
Posted Image “Jeter always gives me a pound after every inning,” Sabathia explained.

#4222 slofton

slofton

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 July 2012 - 05:31 PM

*raises hand*

Looks like someone is splitting it with me already. If it falls through, want me to let you know?

#4223 TheBomb69

TheBomb69

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 July 2012 - 05:32 PM

Easier to just trade in the other half on amazon. No shipping costs.

That's what I am doing.

#4224 TheBomb69

TheBomb69

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 July 2012 - 05:33 PM

Looks like someone is splitting it with me already. If it falls through, want me to let you know?

That's cool. I am just going to sell back baseball to Amazon.

#4225 Flame Killa

Flame Killa

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 July 2012 - 05:47 PM

Is this instore too or do I have to order it online and get store pick up?

#4226 zyk

zyk

Posted 27 July 2012 - 05:49 PM

Is this instore too or do I have to order it online and get store pick up?

In-store as well, if it isn't marked down in-store just mention the deal of the day to an employee and they should have it adjusted.

#4227 snakemaster2389

snakemaster2389

Temporarily Banned

• Temporarily Banned Users

Posted 27 July 2012 - 05:54 PM

if anyone gets an extra copy pm me, i have a $20 psn card and a $10 best buy gc(can be used online too!) would love to have this combo pack
Twitter: @marcandretta check out my reviews @ http://bgbureau.com & www.marcandretta.tumblr.com Check Out My Youtube Channel!http://www.youtube.com/snakemaster2389 NEED A REVIEWER/WRITER? PM ME!!

Posted Image
Posted Image

#4228 chriscolbert

chriscolbert

Push Me, Pull Me

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 July 2012 - 06:09 PM

I'm convinced my store has this despite it saying otherwise so I did place an order to be shipped this morning when it first went on sale. If it hasn't shipped when I go by the store later, does anyone know if they can fulfill it with an in-store copy? I know they would probably just cancel it and let me buy the other copy, but I used several RZ certs and a GC and I know those funds don't usually become available right away.
Posted Image “Jeter always gives me a pound after every inning,” Sabathia explained.

#4229 YBX87

YBX87

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 July 2012 - 06:13 PM

I'm convinced my store has this despite it saying otherwise so I did place an order to be shipped this morning when it first went on sale. If it hasn't shipped when I go by the store later, does anyone know if they can fulfill it with an in-store copy? I know they would probably just cancel it and let me buy the other copy, but I used several RZ certs and a GC and I know those funds don't usually become available right away.

only if your order is backordered, and you find a copy in store.

#4230 mrclutch

mrclutch

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 July 2012 - 06:17 PM

Something I just remebered that everyone buying might wasn't to consider. 2k took the 2k11 servers down within a month of NBA 2k12 coming out. Not sure if they will do that again but you MIGHT not be able to play online for very long.