Best Buy Deal of the Day (2012)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
7202 replies to this topic

#4651 sp00ge

sp00ge

Fluggaenkoecchicebolsen!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 August 2012 - 07:44 PM

Getting impatient with my Looney Toons Blu. According to UPS, it was handed off to USPS last Thursday and was due to be here today, yet the USPS tracking # shows only electronic notification of the shipment. Ugh...

Bored? Too much money than you know what to do with? Why not check out my Amazon Storefront? If you see anything you want, send me a PM! Make an offer, either monetary or trade! Over 2000 items, and more added daily!

#4652 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 14 August 2012 - 01:23 AM

I haven't played Frontline, but it appears it is not available for purchase on PSN as a standalone game. Since it sounds like an HD remake, It seems like EA and Sony would have both wanted to put it on PSN if it was good enough to sell. Maybe I am misunderstanding and it is not an HD remake.

That being said, I traded my Xbox 360 version awhile ago and may grab the PS3 version to have the game again and try out Frontline. I actually enjoyed the MOH campaign (couldn't get into multiplayer).

Frontline is NOT an HD remake, at least the version that's on the MOH disc isn't. It's actually a pretty ugly game even by PS2 standards.:-&

i added a link to more wang pics. yu wang i mean not wang wang as in penis.

Sarcasm-Just one of the many services I offer.
Posted Image

#4653 AvengedBacklog

AvengedBacklog

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 August 2012 - 01:31 AM

Opinions and such but man, I don't understand how anyone can feel that way. The campaign is easily better than 95% of shooters from this gen, and the level design is fantastic.

Agreed. One of my favorite shooters of last gen and would probably hold its own today. Absolutely incredible!

#4654 slowdive21

slowdive21

CAG Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 August 2012 - 02:08 AM

Getting impatient with my Looney Toons Blu. According to UPS, it was handed off to USPS last Thursday and was due to be here today, yet the USPS tracking # shows only electronic notification of the shipment. Ugh...

Same here and my last delivery that was listed like this was lost 2 weeks ago.

#4655 KingofOldSchool

KingofOldSchool

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 August 2012 - 03:23 AM

At least yours shipped, mine is still in backorder hell despite ordering it within 20 minutes of it going live, but had to watch other orders shipped way later in the day get sent out.
Posted Image

http://www.yourfree3....php?ref=272112

Sign up under me a receive FREE X-Box 360 games. You can get CoD: Black Ops, Rock Band 3, Fable 3, Fallout: New Vegas, and MORE!

#4656 Marauder7

Marauder7

FF14 Addict

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 August 2012 - 05:02 AM

Got my Looney Toons regular edition and enjoyed it with the kids over the weekend. Too bad they don't make cartoons like these anymore.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#4657 TPerryoo7

TPerryoo7

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 August 2012 - 05:08 AM

Frontline is NOT an HD remake, at least the version that's on the MOH disc isn't. It's actually a pretty ugly game even by PS2 standards.:-&

Um yea it is, Technically. It comes with trophies, widescreen, etc...
Posted Image

#4658 .Virus

.Virus

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 August 2012 - 05:38 AM

snagged a online copy of MoH... can never go wrong with a $10 deal :D

#4659 k1ngster

k1ngster

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 August 2012 - 05:41 AM

Moh sp Is ok..How's the eye pet game?

#4660 Investor9872

Investor9872

CAG Supremo!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 August 2012 - 05:41 AM

Great game. Excellent campaign and additive online multiplayer. I quite enjoyed it. Still playing it from time to time when I'm away from BF3.
<p>Gamefly PS3 chipped discs. Click on more pictures below to enlarge them.
Investor9872.png

#4661 Evt

Evt

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 August 2012 - 05:42 AM

except when someone 'forgets' to check a mailbox for two+ weeks in 100 degree weather when ship to store is done...

#4662 ZiggyGod

ZiggyGod

Aspiring Hero

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 August 2012 - 05:46 AM

Ugh! I just dont know whether to bite on MoH or not.
Visualize my mind... :whee:
:3ds: Friend Code: 4811-6958-3162 Ziggy
618684.png

#4663 ZiggyGod

ZiggyGod

Aspiring Hero

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 August 2012 - 05:58 AM

I would only consider buying it for Frontline HD. The actual game being sold is fucking atrocious, SP and MP. Literally one of the worst games i've ever played.

On the other hand i'll probably never play another game with the balls to play some Linkin Park while I destroy a city with missiles from the safety of a helicopter. The entire SP is borderline disgusting if you're not an inbred redneck that thinks every country in the middle east is 100% taliban.

lol you just made my decision a hole lot easier thanks for the info. Guess ill just spend those $10 and get MS points, so I can buy Dust: An Elysian Tail. Game looks good and from the reviews that have poured out already are giving the game high praises.
Visualize my mind... :whee:
:3ds: Friend Code: 4811-6958-3162 Ziggy
618684.png

#4664 gantt

gantt

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 August 2012 - 08:07 AM

I would only consider buying it for Frontline HD. The actual game being sold is fucking atrocious, SP and MP. Literally one of the worst games i've ever played.

On the other hand i'll probably never play another game with the balls to play some Linkin Park while I destroy a city with missiles from the safety of a helicopter. The entire SP is borderline disgusting if you're not an inbred redneck that thinks every country in the middle east is 100% taliban.

No problem. I don't mean to get worked up, but its seriously a pretty offensive game. I was floored when I saw it actually getting decent reviews with rarely even a mention of how over the top racist and cold it is.

I was really excited to have a new MOH, and especially a game that was supposedly going to treat the enemy and the US forces as real people. It was all BS. Aside from being completely pro American, its just poorly made, with invisible walls in every direction for most levels, and crazy glitches. The salute to our armed forces after the credits honestly made me sick to my stomach, and I am absolutely proud to be American. Just a very weird experience made for a extremely specific audience.

Some people seem to be unable to separate their perception of the game's politics from the gameplay. I played the SP, and while I remember one bad glitch, it certainly didn't qualify for "atrocious."

I don't remember Frontline being particularly warm and sensitive to the Nazis or the Germans in general, but I do remember it glorifying the role of the Allied forces - so I'm not sure why it doesn't qualify for the same criticism.

I particularly like how this sentence makes a sweeping generalization to condemn those that make sweeping generalizations:
"The entire SP is borderline disgusting if you're not an inbred redneck that thinks every country in the middle east is 100% taliban."

#4665 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 14 August 2012 - 08:28 AM

I actually wanted to play the mp for MOH only to play as an enemy combatant(aka Taliban) and run at my enemies while screaming Allahu Ackbar over my headset. But then again, I'm not exactly the most "PC" person out there.:lol:

i added a link to more wang pics. yu wang i mean not wang wang as in penis.

Sarcasm-Just one of the many services I offer.
Posted Image

#4666 KneeKnee

KneeKnee

Trophy Whore

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 August 2012 - 08:56 AM

Some people seem to be unable to separate their perception of the game's politics from the gameplay. I played the SP, and while I remember one bad glitch, it certainly didn't qualify for "atrocious."

I don't remember Frontline being particularly warm and sensitive to the Nazis or the Germans in general, but I do remember it glorifying the role of the Allied forces - so I'm not sure why it doesn't qualify for the same criticism.

I particularly like how this sentence makes a sweeping generalization to condemn those that make sweeping generalizations:
"The entire SP is borderline disgusting if you're not an inbred redneck that thinks every country in the middle east is 100% taliban."

Well said.

I enjoyed playing through MOH. Platinumed it fairly quick after it released but never went back to play it after that. Single player was quick and fairly well done. Really enjoyed the hardcore (or whatever they were called, i forgot) missions where you were up against the clock and had one life to do. That was tense gaming of the good kind.

Online played well enough but lacked variety. I remember getting my cruise missile and being stoked I got it out of the way. Worth the $10 playthrough imo.

KneeKnee.png

#4667 Malibu_Barbie

Malibu_Barbie

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 August 2012 - 11:28 AM

I would have to disagree. I thought that the single player, though short (like most shooters) was pretty fun. Some of the sniping was pretty fun, and the multiplayer was pretty good as well (the mp was made by dice after all). I really liked the sound effects in the mp and the way that the killstreaks worked.

I can understand if you didn't want to play the game because you found it offensive, but some video games are just that ... offensive and it adds to the character of the game.

#4668 Rsmobile

Rsmobile

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 August 2012 - 11:52 AM

Really liked MoH. Thought it had a great fun campaign.

#4669 mrclutch

mrclutch

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 August 2012 - 12:51 PM

Wow I am amazed the 360 version is sold out online already. People sure do get excited about 2 year old games if they are cheap.

#4670 pharmacrest

pharmacrest

#poppinpills

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 August 2012 - 12:52 PM

No problem. I don't mean to get worked up, but its seriously a pretty offensive game. I was floored when I saw it actually getting decent reviews with rarely even a mention of how over the top racist and cold it is.

I was really excited to have a new MOH, and especially a game that was supposedly going to treat the enemy and the US forces as real people. It was all BS. Aside from being completely pro American, its just poorly made, with invisible walls in every direction for most levels, and crazy glitches. The salute to our armed forces after the credits honestly made me sick to my stomach, and I am absolutely proud to be American. Just a very weird experience made for a extremely specific audience.

Get the Fuck out with your assinine statements. The fact is most of our wars are with people in the Middle East for various reasons, one of which is that "they" hate the American way of life and kill Americans! Hello McFly!!

MoH was a decent SP campaign. It had a few glitches like any game I am sure, but I never ran across any personally.

MoH has been $10 plenty of times before. I just dont understand why Best Buy keeps wanting to try and sell games at this price and they just sit there, AKA Brutal Legend.

Tyler hates me. 

Wrencrest.png

#4671 redreflect

redreflect

I am the Wolf

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 August 2012 - 01:14 PM

I personally couldn't get into the SP for MoH. I think a lot of people will have fun with it for $10, just wasn't for me.

There is no one true CAG. Some are more "gamer," some are more "cheap" and certainly some are far more "ass."

#4672 WNYX585AM

WNYX585AM

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 August 2012 - 01:25 PM

I was on the fence, but now i'm sold. Definitely getting this one. My wife/sister and I can play together. :)

I already played the single player on this awhile ago and don't recall shooting innocent civilians, etc. By your logic, anyone who plays Modern Warfare must hate Russians. It's a video game with bad guys - get over it.

I will say that I am 100% against any alien race and proud of it. This is the only reason I play Halo.

#4673 WNYX585AM

WNYX585AM

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 August 2012 - 01:26 PM

Um yea it is, Technically. It comes with trophies, widescreen, etc...

I am confused. Is it HD or not? If it's just stretched to widescreen, i'm not sure if I can stomach it (i've gotten too used to current gen graphics). If it's actually HD, that makes it much more appealing.

#4674 TaylorM06

TaylorM06

Posted 14 August 2012 - 01:28 PM

Save your $10 and get Battlefield 3 instead of MOH. You'll thank me later.

#4675 Ryuukishi

Ryuukishi

What went out is comin' back

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 August 2012 - 01:46 PM

I think this game is a decent buy for $10 if you like military shooters. The campaign was a lot more enjoyable than Battlefield 3, though not quite up to the standard of the Bad Company or Call of Duty games. I'm actually kind of looking forward to the further adventures of Voodoo and Mother whenever Warfighter gets down to the $10 range. :)

Ryuukishi634.png Ryuukishi634.jpg f7b9bd594fe9ca11e2a28b479ca21d4c_96ab1df

#4676 barrit

barrit

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 August 2012 - 01:49 PM

Like others said, the campaign was short, but it did have a few battles that were pretty intense. I thought it was gonna be a whole lot worse, but I enjoyed it more than I expected.

#4677 WNYX585AM

WNYX585AM

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 August 2012 - 05:47 PM

The Nazis were legitimately evil and we were not in Europe targeting civilians. We helped a lot of countries out there. The old MOH games didn't glorify war so much as they entrenched you in a story that paralleled the war around you.

Our armed forces have killed well over 3 million civilians in Iraq, Iran and Afghanistan. If that doesn't sound like much to you, I don't even know what to say. These weren't accidents, these were people targeted because of how they look and dress. That's why I take a little offense to destroying an entire city in the game, even if they tell me its 100% Taliban.

As you can see from the other reply, we actually have people in the US ignorant enough to think that the entire middle east are terrorists.

Yes, there are people who may be ignorant and believe that all middle easterners are terrorists, but you just did the same thing for the Germans. Do you think all Germans were Nazis? Do you think they were all killers? Just because a video game chooses a villain or group of villains does not mean it is a political statement about some ethnicity or nationality.

Also, I am sure that, unlike other wars, no innocent Germans were harmed during WWII.

Lastly, I don't know whether your 3 million civilian number is true, but there is no way you can assert that all of them were killed by our military simply for being middle eastern. Have there been horrible instances of racism? Yes and it is sad. But for you to paint such a broad brush of the US military is pretty horrific. Also, many of the enemies we fight are responsible for the deaths of their own fellow countrymen. How many mass graves have we uncovered that Saddam Hussein was responsible for? Are the Taliban just a misunderstood, compassionate, upstanding group of people? Isn't the Syrian government killing their own citizens? I am not justifying any war or murder or abuse in this comment, but for you to say that Medal of Honor is bad simply for the enemy it chose it shortsighted.

By your logic, we could never have any war video game because some group of innocents would be lumped in with the bad guys.

#4678 destro4eva

destro4eva

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 August 2012 - 05:55 PM

Back on topic, this game is ok at $5 and a pass on it for $10. Just my humbled opinion here .

#4679 Backlash2332x

Backlash2332x

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 August 2012 - 05:58 PM

The Nazis were legitimately evil and we were not in Europe targeting civilians. We helped a lot of countries out there. The old MOH games didn't glorify war so much as they entrenched you in a story that paralleled the war around you.

Our armed forces have killed well over 3 million civilians in Iraq, Iran and Afghanistan. If that doesn't sound like much to you, I don't even know what to say. These weren't accidents, these were people targeted because of how they look and dress. That's why I take a little offense to destroying an entire city in the game, even if they tell me its 100% Taliban.

As you can see from the other reply, we actually have people in the US ignorant enough to think that the entire middle east are terrorists.

and no German civilians were killed in WW2? Take a history class one day. the US and Britian bombed the hell out of German towns and cities to get them to surrender. Over two million in civilian casualties. and no idea where you get the three million civilians killed in the middle east.

#4680 neocisco

neocisco

I am Groot!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 August 2012 - 06:02 PM

...and no idea where you get the three million civilians killed in the middle east.

http://monetarywealt...r_ass..jpg.html

Seems to be as good a place as any.

Now playing (& watching):
:dvd:-Robot Chicken season 4

:dvd:-Blade Anime
My tradelist:http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=116943
35bb9lx.gif