Best Buy Deal of the Day (2012)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
7202 replies to this topic

#4741 sp00ge

sp00ge

Fluggaenkoecchicebolsen!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 August 2012 - 03:10 AM

But they all come with the adapter, so yes it should work. This particular card sells for around 30 to 35 on Amazon, so this would be a good price if you specifically needed a microSD card for a phone or something. But you can probably find an equivalent SD card for cheaper.

I just picked up a Samsung Galaxy Note last night (Love it, BTW, coming from an iPhone 4) and thought that it had a 32GB max capacity (16GB internal + 16GB microSD), but just noticed that removable media up to 32GB works. So, I have one set for in-store pickup tomorrow. I never even used the full 16GB on my iPhone, so I don't know why I even need 48GB... :-#

Bored? Too much money than you know what to do with? Why not check out my Amazon Storefront? If you see anything you want, send me a PM! Make an offer, either monetary or trade! Over 2000 items, and more added daily!

#4742 TooPoor

TooPoor

∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 August 2012 - 03:17 AM

^I tried the Note too, but it could not fit in my jeans pocket...gave up...

Mathematically Correct.

Use factual statements, logical deductions, mathematical calculations and objective analysis; not rage.

My Trade List

NI_YA_SHA_BI.png

#4743 sp00ge

sp00ge

Fluggaenkoecchicebolsen!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 August 2012 - 03:21 AM

^I tried the Note too, but it could not fit in my jeans pocket...gave up...

Two pairs of pants so far and it fit comfortably in both. Back pocket on one pair of shorts was so roomy I could actually turn the phone sideways. Once the case shows up from Amazon next week, we'll see if it's still the same story.

Bored? Too much money than you know what to do with? Why not check out my Amazon Storefront? If you see anything you want, send me a PM! Make an offer, either monetary or trade! Over 2000 items, and more added daily!

#4744 sgaldis

sgaldis

Posted 19 August 2012 - 03:29 AM

I'm not trying to criticize here, but what made you decide to go with the Note now? I am very curious about the phone myself, but have heard so much about the 2nd version being just around the corner. I was just wondering if BB (or wherever you got it from) had some kind of deal going on the original.

#4745 sp00ge

sp00ge

Fluggaenkoecchicebolsen!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 August 2012 - 04:01 AM

I'm not trying to criticize here, but what made you decide to go with the Note now? I am very curious about the phone myself, but have heard so much about the 2nd version being just around the corner. I was just wondering if BB (or wherever you got it from) had some kind of deal going on the original.

We needed to get a new phone, since the 5.1.1 update completely gimped my fiance's iPhone 4 and there is no word on a fix/update from Apple, let alone even acknowledging the problems this update has caused. She cannot be without a phone, so we had to do something. I decided to use my upgrade and then gave her my iPhone 4, which had no adverse effects from the update.

I had been wanting a Note for awhile, and being only $200 now, the price was right where I wanted it to be. As far as the new Note, I'm sure the price tag will far outweigh the benefit over the current, for me anyways.

#4746 VyseArcad1a

VyseArcad1a

New Mirror's Edge?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 August 2012 - 05:28 AM

So any word on next weeks deals?

Haven't seen anything for next week yet, but I will check tomorrow. Hopefully something good coming after the game clearance.

47206.png
Currently Playing:
:ps3: Yaiba: Ninja Gaiden Z, Earth Defense Force 2025, South Park: The Stick of Truth
:3ds: Rhythm Thief, Animal Crossing: New Leaf
:psp: Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed, DJ Max Technika Tune, Rayman Origins

#4747 sgaldis

sgaldis

Posted 19 August 2012 - 05:36 AM

Yeah, $200 doesn't sound bad at all for a note; I really like the form factor of it. Of course they're charging an extra $50 at T-Mo. :(

#4748 PublikDefender

PublikDefender

Posted 19 August 2012 - 05:56 AM

Screw apple, if you don't pay extra for that apple care warranty, this is what happens.. and they do it on purpose I bet because they know fanboys will get another iPhone so I applaud you sir

bumped for truth :applause:

Edited by PublikDefender, 19 August 2012 - 12:02 PM.

#4749 neil1115

neil1115

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 August 2012 - 12:05 PM

So any word on next weeks deals?

According to bestbuy.com there is a gaming DOTD tomorrow (Monday), but since no one has reported anything yet I guess we will have to wait and see what it is.

#4750 Confucius

Confucius

Corporate Shill

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 August 2012 - 02:24 PM

Screw apple, if you don't pay extra for that apple care warranty, this is what happens.. and they do it on purpose I bet because they know fanboys will get another iPhone so I applaud you sir

you deserve :roll: :roll: applecare had nothing to do with this.

Mobile OSes are relatively new. The constant updates will make over 2 year old iphones obsolete because it can't handle the specs. But since you are eligible for hardware upgrades every two years, I fail to see the problem.

spooge - did you try a factory install on her phone then a restore? I have an iphone 4 (will upgrade to 5 soon) and didn't have any issues with recent updates. I remember this happened to me with 3G when you couldn't even type at all. But eventually it was fixed via a restore and then apple's own updates.

Ees7Y.jpg

I'm 100% shocked that books still exist in today's day and age. I thought they'd be out by now. They make up like 1% of today's entertainment and unless you're 60 or older, stray away from books and start emersing yourself with real entertainment.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Codes for Free / Codes for Trade

#4751 Lightning War

Lightning War

Baller on a Budget

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 August 2012 - 02:26 PM

According to bestbuy.com there is a gaming DOTD tomorrow (Monday), but since no one has reported anything yet I guess we will have to wait and see what it is.

If there is one, I'll let you know before then.

#4752 sp00ge

sp00ge

Fluggaenkoecchicebolsen!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 August 2012 - 02:44 PM

you deserve :roll: :roll: applecare had nothing to do with this.

Mobile OSes are relatively new. The constant updates will make over 2 year old iphones obsolete because it can't handle the specs. But since you are eligible for hardware upgrades every two years, I fail to see the problem.

spooge - did you try a factory install on her phone then a restore? I have an iphone 4 (will upgrade to 5 soon) and didn't have any issues with recent updates. I remember this happened to me with 3G when you couldn't even type at all. But eventually it was fixed via a restore and then apple's own updates.

Yep. I completely wiped the phone, factory reset, restore, everything. I'm just going to throw it up on eBay and be done with it.

#4753 Confucius

Confucius

Corporate Shill

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 August 2012 - 02:46 PM

Yep. I completely wiped the phone, factory reset, restore, everything. I'm just going to throw it up on eBay and be done with it.

You can get $180 at Nextworth/Target I think.

Less than ebay but you don't want someone filing a claim.

My iphone 4 home button is slow to respond now. I can't tell if it's a hardware or software issue. I'm hesitant to throw it on ebay because of that.

Ees7Y.jpg

I'm 100% shocked that books still exist in today's day and age. I thought they'd be out by now. They make up like 1% of today's entertainment and unless you're 60 or older, stray away from books and start emersing yourself with real entertainment.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

#4754 mcgavin27

mcgavin27

twomanjobs.com

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 August 2012 - 02:49 PM

If there is one, I'll let you know before then.

Zumba fitness bundle for Wii for $9.99

#4755 sp00ge

sp00ge

Fluggaenkoecchicebolsen!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 August 2012 - 03:38 PM

My iphone 4 home button is slow to respond now. I can't tell if it's a hardware or software issue. I'm hesitant to throw it on ebay because of that.

Looks like $155 at Target now, $150 at Best Buy. eBay is going for $150-250. Since it's most likely a temporary issue and I still have the original packaging and accessories, I may be able to get the upper end of that range.

I would hold on to it and wait for a definite fix before selling, but with the 5 on the way, I'm sure the 4's value will tank next month.

EDIT: I could take it to Gamestop. Looks like they are giving $235 for it.

EDIT #2: Big idea! Time to head to the GS to BB thread!

</back on topic>

#4756 247

Posted 19 August 2012 - 05:18 PM

Mine was having the same issue. I opened up the backplate and put a small piece of paper where the home button sits at and that fixed it for me. Sold it on eBay and got about $350 after fees but I would recommend CL first.

#4757 VyseArcad1a

VyseArcad1a

New Mirror's Edge?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 August 2012 - 05:32 PM

Gaming DotDs for next week:

Aug. 21st: Wii Zumba Fitness Bundle - $19.99 ($20 savings)
Aug. 24th: 3DS Ghost Recon Shadow Wars - $7.99 ($12 savings)

BluRays: Aug. 22nd: The Godfather Collection - $24.99 ($25 savings)

#4758 YBX87

YBX87

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 August 2012 - 05:35 PM

thanks, nothing for me i guess

#4759 Halo05

Halo05

Posted 19 August 2012 - 05:35 PM

Ooh. I've been waiting on that Ghost Recon game for awhile. Plus I'm pretty sure there are copies at my local BB.

As many of you know, black ops 2 is plaid with bugs, lag etc which many people have been suffering including me.

plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid

#4760 Namerson

Namerson

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 August 2012 - 05:36 PM

Everyone should give Ghost Recon Shadow Wars a chance. It's a great and relatively long game. One of the best imho.
3DS Friend Code: 1203 - 9542 - 1648 (Remember to PM if you add me!)

How not to review a video game: http://blogs.wsj.com...s-to-cross-ove/

I don't consider QTEs gameplay. This "game" is about as deep as the mini games on a disney DVD.

#4761 Confucius

Confucius

Corporate Shill

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 August 2012 - 06:14 PM

shadow wars is fantastic if you like that genre. My favorite 3ds game so far.

Ees7Y.jpg

#4762 Tsel

Tsel

The Dark Knight

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 August 2012 - 06:37 PM

I'm trying to build up my 3DS library as cheaply as possible, so I just may have to get Shadow Wars. Not all that interested in it, but I'm hearing a lot of good things about it.

453605.png
TheTsel.png

#4763 Olengie

Olengie

Yukari & Rise are the Best Girls.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 August 2012 - 06:37 PM

Only if I had a 3DS. Lol.

#4764 hereon

hereon

Here-On Earth

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 August 2012 - 06:49 PM

Only if I had a 3DS. Lol.

But it anyway ;) several people here have purchased games before the system. I have done it with my Ps3 and my Vita. Its nice having a small collection to start with whenever you pick up a new system

Currently playing: :joystick:
:ps3: Hitman: Absolution  :twoguns:  :-$ 
:psp: Limbo  :applause:

gallery_474050_8161_109072.jpg

Designed By Lilchiji

#4765 sbaker44

sbaker44

Posted 19 August 2012 - 07:35 PM

+1

#4766 TaylorM06

TaylorM06

Posted 19 August 2012 - 08:19 PM

After hearing all these good things about this game...It might finally be time to open up my copy I've had for 8 months :whee:

<p>194619.png

#4767 warboss zorbag

warboss zorbag

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 August 2012 - 12:43 AM

Yeah, I really liked shadow wars.
If you enjoy games like FF tactics, ogre battle, etc. ...you will like it.

#4768 KingofOldSchool

KingofOldSchool

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 August 2012 - 07:24 AM

My Looney Tunes FINALLY shipped.
Posted Image

http://www.yourfree3....php?ref=272112

Sign up under me a receive FREE X-Box 360 games. You can get CoD: Black Ops, Rock Band 3, Fable 3, Fallout: New Vegas, and MORE!

#4769 PublikDefender

PublikDefender

Posted 20 August 2012 - 07:32 AM

i'll just leave this here

Posted Image

Edited by PublikDefender, 20 August 2012 - 09:32 AM.

#4770 Flacksguy

Flacksguy

Posted 20 August 2012 - 04:06 PM

We needed to get a new phone, since the 5.1.1 update completely gimped my fiance's iPhone 4 and there is no word on a fix/update from Apple, let alone even acknowledging the problems this update has caused. She cannot be without a phone, so we had to do something. I decided to use my upgrade and then gave her my iPhone 4, which had no adverse effects from the update.

I had been wanting a Note for awhile, and being only $200 now, the price was right where I wanted it to be. As far as the new Note, I'm sure the price tag will far outweigh the benefit over the current, for me anyways.

If you're talking about issues with battery life after the 5.1.1 update, I've been having the same problems.
I don't want to turn this into an iphone discussion thread, but I tried a fix just last night that seems to be working better so far.

http://www.gottabemo...1-in-5-minutes/