Photo
- - - - -

Best Buy Deal of the Day (2012)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
7202 replies to this topic

#5821 Xombie007

Xombie007

Posted 08 October 2012 - 09:45 PM

It may be worth it to try to pm Toys R Us's clearance price on Skyrim of $9.98. I expected it to be a pain in the ass but I was able to pm without any issues (granted I am cool with the employees there) and get a crapload of Skyrim, Sc2, and Diablo at my BB and hooked a bunch of CAG's up. There's also a thread on here somewhere where keys are bein sold for very cheap from people trying to help out others

Wow... you must be REALLY COOL with the people at your local BB to get even PMs on single copies of these games that can't be verified through any physical ads, let alone get a whole CRAPLOAD of them at the discounted price of $9.98 each!

And I thought I was in pretty good standing with the folks at 2 of my local BB stores. But I know for a fact that they (especially when they call a manager to do the overrides) can't possibly give me that great of a deal, not without an actual ad that shows the clearance price!

#5822 MrshllJcb

MrshllJcb

Drinkin High Life

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 October 2012 - 03:15 AM

Wow... you must be REALLY COOL with the people at your local BB to get even PMs on single copies of these games that can't be verified through any physical ads, let alone get a whole CRAPLOAD of them at the discounted price of $9.98 each!

And I thought I was in pretty good standing with the folks at 2 of my local BB stores. But I know for a fact that they (especially when they call a manager to do the overrides) can't possibly give me that great of a deal, not without an actual ad that shows the clearance price!

Yeah, I guess id say we are REALLY COOL. I get treated really well there, I do a ton of trade ins and buy a bunch of stuff (most of it pm'd) so I know most of the guys there by name (2 of the guys that work in the geek squad and computer section came to my place to help build my pc for free) and I actually went to high school with one of them years ago. I know there store is one of the few that does well so I hope I contribute. On this particular deal it didnt require a managers override until they rang up the pm for Skyrim (I guess the first time I went the employee was a manager or knew the manager #) when the manager saw the stacka ge was pissed and mentioned calling TRU to verify stock but the employee mentioned that they are supposed to match any store in the state (didn't know that) and he did it. I've had it really good at this BB over the past few years so hopefully I didn't piss off the wrong manager and Fuck myself, the employee told me not to worry about it but we will see

#5823 mrclutch

mrclutch

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 October 2012 - 03:18 AM

So any word on any deals this week?

#5824 Vigilante

Vigilante

Always Watching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 October 2012 - 03:22 AM

So any word on any deals this week?

VyseArcadia said he'd be able to check in the morning, so my guess is we'll know by tomorrow afternoon/evening.

Cloud_Squall78.png
Currently Playing: :3ds: Kirby: Triple Deluxe :ps3: Tales of Xillia 2  :vita: Akiba's Trip; One Piece: Unlimited World RED

Last Beaten/Completed Game(s) [9/21]: :ps3: Just Cause 2 (4.75/5)

Last Watched Film [8/9]: The Raid 2 (insane choreography, complex story)

"Moreso than the good, it is the evil who must be rescued." -Shigesato Itoi

#5825 DJP519

DJP519

Ready for a Vacation

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 October 2012 - 03:23 AM

Since we were talking about music anyway, I had a random find at Best Buy today. Metallica's Death Magnetic vinyl record, marked down to 99 cents, in a bin of clearance CDs. It was the only vinyl in the bin. Plastic wrap was a bit ripped, but otherwise great condition. 99 cents, marked down from $24.99. Had to snag that. There was an employee retagging other clearance CDs in another bin right next to it, so I'm guessing it had just been put on the floor at that price. Timing is everything, sometimes.

#5826 VyseArcad1a

VyseArcad1a

New Mirror's Edge?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 October 2012 - 12:57 PM

VyseArcadia said he'd be able to check in the morning, so my guess is we'll know by tomorrow afternoon/evening.

Didn't see anything for this week pop up in the report, so looks like another quiet week, ladies and gents.

47206.png
Currently Playing:
:ps3: Yaiba: Ninja Gaiden Z, Earth Defense Force 2025, South Park: The Stick of Truth
:3ds: Rhythm Thief, Animal Crossing: New Leaf
:psp: Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed, DJ Max Technika Tune, Rayman Origins

#5827 mrclutch

mrclutch

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 October 2012 - 01:43 PM

Didn't see anything for this week pop up in the report, so looks like another quiet week, ladies and gents.

Thanks for checking.

#5828 Investor9872

Investor9872

CAG Supremo!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 October 2012 - 02:04 PM

Thanks for checking, Vyse.

<p>Gamefly PS3 chipped discs. Click on more pictures below to enlarge them.
Investor9872.png

#5829 Vigilante

Vigilante

Always Watching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 October 2012 - 02:14 PM

Thanks for the update. We can only hope they're biding their time and prepping for Black Friday/Christmas season...

Cloud_Squall78.png
Currently Playing: :3ds: Kirby: Triple Deluxe :ps3: Tales of Xillia 2  :vita: Akiba's Trip; One Piece: Unlimited World RED

Last Beaten/Completed Game(s) [9/21]: :ps3: Just Cause 2 (4.75/5)

Last Watched Film [8/9]: The Raid 2 (insane choreography, complex story)

"Moreso than the good, it is the evil who must be rescued." -Shigesato Itoi

#5830 Woocls

Woocls

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 October 2012 - 02:19 PM

Thanks for the update. We can only hope they're biding their time and prepping for Black Friday/Christmas season...

A month and a half prep time??? I don't know if my wallet can handle all this extra money they're leaving me with!

#5831 ssjgoku90501

ssjgoku90501

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 October 2012 - 03:31 AM

Wish FIFA street would be on DotD again

#5832 strait edge follower

strait edge follower

Cult of personality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 October 2012 - 03:35 AM

I want bestbuy to do final fantasy 13-2 for 10$ or less as im pretty close to finishing the first one
Currently playing
:ps4: infamous first light, fez, strider, blacklight retribution, mlb 14, the transistor, assassins creed black flag :wiiu: new super mario bros u, zelda ww hd

games recently beaten: :ps4: lego marvel, contrast, watch dogs, infamous second son, killzone shadowfall, murdered soul suspect

690739.png

#5833 hero913

hero913

MAZZAFAKKA

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 October 2012 - 03:37 AM

I picked up a forza bundle, I'd honestly love to see another $5 NFS DoTD again!!!

aznhero913.png
lzanagi, on 08 Oct 2013 - 1:42 PM, said:

No, the dumbest people on CAG have a username that starts with "C", ends with "s", and has "onfoosiou" in the middle. Can you guess who they are?

#5834 scottman

scottman

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 October 2012 - 04:54 AM

Doubt they have much stock left, but have you ever played it? I got it last time, played it, and was able to trade it back for more than I paid. The controls just seemed very "uncontrolled" and more frustrating than fun. Maybe those who enjoy learning combos like it, but I was expecting more of a pick up and go "blitz" soccer.

#5835 TheHelix

TheHelix

Posted 10 October 2012 - 05:27 AM

There's always Black Friday

#5836 staulcub

staulcub

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 October 2012 - 05:45 AM

I want bestbuy to do final fantasy 13-2 for 10$ or less as im pretty close to finishing the first one

Guess you missed this: http://www.newegg.co...PID=1312731=

#5837 strait edge follower

strait edge follower

Cult of personality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 October 2012 - 06:46 AM

Guess you missed this: http://www.newegg.co...PID=1312731=

Yea I did, it was oos by the time I saw that. I tried to match it at bestbuy but I had no luck :(
Currently playing
:ps4: infamous first light, fez, strider, blacklight retribution, mlb 14, the transistor, assassins creed black flag :wiiu: new super mario bros u, zelda ww hd

games recently beaten: :ps4: lego marvel, contrast, watch dogs, infamous second son, killzone shadowfall, murdered soul suspect

690739.png

#5838 Donut2922

Donut2922

Read the OP!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 October 2012 - 07:03 AM

Best Buy holiday deals last year were so great I dunno how they can possibly top that.

Now playing:

:ps4: Last of Us: Remastered, Destiny

:360: Gears of War 3

#5839 kouleefoh

kouleefoh

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 October 2012 - 07:08 AM

Best Buy holiday deals last year were so great I dunno how they can possibly top that.

Last year was awesome!

#5840 Jaysonguy

Jaysonguy

Mr. Wonderful

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 October 2012 - 07:10 AM

Actually get people the games they ordered.

Editor in chief at PanicGamer.com
Steam ID: TheRealJaysonguy
We're looking for people who want to review games, interested? Email: jobs@panicgamer.com

#5841 strait edge follower

strait edge follower

Cult of personality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 October 2012 - 07:14 AM

Last year was awesome!

Omg bestbuy was amazing last fall !!! Getting pilotwings, steel driver, nintendogs, fear 3, motorstorm apocolypse for 5$ a pop and those really cheap collectors editions made me happy :). getting multiples of tjese games payed off my vita easily
Currently playing

690739.png

#5842 ChunLiBarbie

ChunLiBarbie

Bloogablogglefliddlemliddle

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 October 2012 - 10:40 AM

Addams Family, Vol. 1 [3 Discs] (Black & White) (DVD) (Eng/Spa) $9.99

http://www.bestbuy.c...13062&lp=1&cp=1

Might try and get this for $4.99 after $5 coupon for trading in a DVD.

"If you learn how to center yourself, no one can knock you off balance." - Tony Robbins

Because miserable people want others to feel miserable.

Currently Playing: Block_Super_Mario_World.pngSUPER MARIO 3D WORLD!!!!!!!!!!! OMFGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :shock: :dunce:  :whee:  Block_Super_Mario_World.png

#5843 WV Matsui

WV Matsui

Posted 10 October 2012 - 11:27 AM

Addams Family, Vol. 1 [3 Discs] (Black & White) (DVD) (Eng/Spa) $9.99

http://www.bestbuy.c...13062&lp=1&cp=1

Might try and get this for $4.99 after $5 coupon for trading in a DVD.

You can only use the coupon on a BluRay

#5844 JPLS

JPLS

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 October 2012 - 11:39 AM

Ah, foiled again!

#5845 ChunLiBarbie

ChunLiBarbie

Bloogablogglefliddlemliddle

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 October 2012 - 12:15 PM

Thanks!

And, double D'oh!#-o 1 for me not ever using that deal & 2 for me buying blu rays that sit around when I can just wait for this deal to, possibly, get a better price. I have one I'm going to take back and buy again.8-)

Ah, foiled again!

:booty:

"If you learn how to center yourself, no one can knock you off balance." - Tony Robbins

Because miserable people want others to feel miserable.

Currently Playing: Block_Super_Mario_World.pngSUPER MARIO 3D WORLD!!!!!!!!!!! OMFGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :shock: :dunce:  :whee:  Block_Super_Mario_World.png

#5846 jubeininja69

jubeininja69

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 October 2012 - 05:17 PM

Actually get people the games they ordered.

this, but i was pretty happy i got most of the stuff i ordered.

#5847 Irukandji

Irukandji

Gold Guns Girls

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 October 2012 - 05:25 PM

Omg bestbuy was amazing last fall !!! Getting pilotwings, steel driver, nintendogs, fear 3, motorstorm apocolypse for 5$ a pop and those really cheap collectors editions made me happy :). getting multiples of tjese games payed off my vita easily

Batman and Rage flips. Massive boners. Also, best buy sells most of the top games that are less than a few months old for 34.99. I'll be excited to get a cheap copy of resident evil.

card.png

#5848 Waggles

Waggles

What the funk n waggle are you talkin' bout?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 October 2012 - 06:02 PM

Lol, would you actually pay $35 for RE6? I genuinely hope not.

lol im definitely waiting for a sub 20$ tag, and only if i have credit... or maybe i will just buy used from gamestop, beat it, then return it :D

#5849 mitch079

mitch079

Microsoft, trollin' like Doink on Crush.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 October 2012 - 06:26 PM

lol im definitely waiting for a sub 20$ tag, and only if i have credit... or maybe i will just buy used from gamestop, beat it, then return it :D

I'll wait for the Gold edition to be sub $20 or whatever it will be called this time around.

default.png2.png

#5850 tuffguycore

tuffguycore

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 October 2012 - 06:33 PM

Haha, I want to do that after I'm done with Sleeping Dogs(doing the same thing...)