Best Buy Deal of the Day (2012)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
7202 replies to this topic

#1111 thisboywillbreak

thisboywillbreak

it's never been easy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 June 2012 - 08:46 AM

Yeah that link won't work. I just did in store pick up since BB isn't far.
Kinda funny though-- it says "Free shipping" right next to the boxart. :/
Posted Image

#1112 SmileyMcSmiles

SmileyMcSmiles

Coulrophobia

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 June 2012 - 09:23 AM

Nabbed a copy for PS3...thanks OP! :D

#1113 jiggyteddy

jiggyteddy

Frugal As Can Be

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 June 2012 - 09:37 AM

I'll pay $18 for a brand new (with extra DLC) game less then 3 months after release anyday Edit: If I have the slightest interest in.

If you're on the fence buy. I don't expect you'll see this price NEW in the next 3 months. It hasn't even hit below $39.99 yet besides another BB DOTD.

Wrong dude. It hit below $39.99. It was a DoTD for $29.99.

How do I know? Because I bought one. In for another at this price to gift again.
Posted Image
Totally legit rewards app! Join shopkick on your smartphone then use promo code: tomato6347 to get 50 kicks instantly! I earned $360 in BB certificates for calendar year 2012 thanks to shopkick!

Now playing:
Metal Gear Rising, Fight Night Champion, and Dynasty Warriors 7.

My twitter is @jiggyteddy for my random ramblings...

#1114 Havok83

Havok83

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 June 2012 - 09:41 AM

ORC is awful. I wouldnt even reccommend it at this price
Posted Image

#1115 GBAstar

GBAstar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 June 2012 - 09:50 AM

Wrong dude. It hit below $39.99. It was a DoTD for $29.99.

How do I know? Because I bought one. In for another at this price to gift again.

Did you read the part of my original post where I said

If you're on the fence buy. I don't expect you'll see this price NEW in the next 3 months. It hasn't even hit below $39.99 yet besides another BB DOTD.

#1116 AirMcLaren

AirMcLaren

Trophy Whore

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 June 2012 - 09:51 AM

Slant Six ruined SOCOM for me...now they're ruining Resident Evil too??

I was going to bite on this. I was hesitant, and after reading everyone's input I'm going to pass. Like others have said it's hard to pass on deals like this just because of the "deal" alone, but $18 can be better spent on a game a actually want. I have so much other backlog to concentrate on. And now with all the free PS+ titles...fml lol.
Posted Image

#1117 jiggyteddy

jiggyteddy

Frugal As Can Be

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 June 2012 - 10:08 AM

Did you read the part of my original post where I said

Sorry. I had just woke up when I wrote my response.

You are completely correct.
Posted Image
Totally legit rewards app! Join shopkick on your smartphone then use promo code: tomato6347 to get 50 kicks instantly! I earned $360 in BB certificates for calendar year 2012 thanks to shopkick!

Now playing:
Metal Gear Rising, Fight Night Champion, and Dynasty Warriors 7.

My twitter is @jiggyteddy for my random ramblings...

#1118 GBAstar

GBAstar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 June 2012 - 10:15 AM

Sorry. I had just woke up when I wrote my response.

You are completely correct.

It's alright! It's time for me to go to bed. I already participated in my fair share of fails for the evening so I thought I'd take the time to defend myself in the one situation where I didn't have my foot in my mouth.

#1119 Royal High Knight

Royal High Knight

Drip Drip Drop

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 June 2012 - 10:25 AM

Damn I would jump on this, but the with all the dlc this game has, I feel and hope capcom ACTUALLY does make another verison with the ALL the dlc included, then I wait for that version to get below $15

#1120 R3DH3R0

R3DH3R0

10 Years and Counting

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 June 2012 - 10:48 AM

I bought the SE from capcom with the sign when it first came out for $70, sold it a few days later for $65... So didn't lose too much and got a cool sign.

But the AI in this game is horrible. If you plan to play the campaign alone, don't bother. Your partners AI is so bad, the shoot at nothing, stand around, block your path. If you have some people to play campaign with then it's pretty fun. With the AI for campaign I'd give the game a 3, with other people I'd give it a 6.

#1121 Lucian

Lucian

Officer Friendly

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 June 2012 - 11:09 AM

Nabbed a copy for PS3...thanks OP! :D

Ditto here. Also thanks to the guy who posted the list last week; I never would've checked otherwise.
Posted Image

#1122 realskillz

realskillz

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 June 2012 - 11:25 AM

Gonna pick this up later in store cant be that bad.
currently playing witcher 2(360),dmc hd collection(ps3),persona 4(ps2)

#1123 crazedracerguy

crazedracerguy

Clearance Devil!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 June 2012 - 11:48 AM

Nice week! In for RE:ORC, Black Ops Controller (what the hell, worth having a wired controller for $10) and the Tritton headset (can never have too many headsets). Thanks for the head's up, OP!

Currently Playing:
:360:
Rocksmith 2014, Borderlands 2, Skyrim

#1124 greencoman

greencoman

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 June 2012 - 12:05 PM

Uh oh I ended up buying ORC because I thought it was a good deal. I thought a new game, well you can not beat that. I can just go to the store and pick it up. On the other bright side a 32 gb flashdrive is only 20 dollars with free shipping. That could come in hand and I hope some people took that offer up.

#1125 The_cheapest_Daddy

The_cheapest_Daddy

(>••)>†

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 June 2012 - 12:15 PM

For $18. Thats reasonable price for a crappy game.
6962.png
Currently playing
:3ds: Pokemon X

#1126 Firecrest

Firecrest

BOOMSHALAKALAKA!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 June 2012 - 12:20 PM

Snagged RE:ORC because I'm a terrible person and a glutton for punishment. Thanks for the heads-up.

fs_overall.png

#1127 cancerman1120

cancerman1120

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 June 2012 - 12:26 PM

Hey for those looking at REORC for the 360 Redbox carries it. Plenty of free codes out there tryme and screen will get you 1 night if you text it to 727272. With how short and crappy this is said to be it might be the better option.
Posted Image

#1128 Jacoblee23

Jacoblee23

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 June 2012 - 12:39 PM

I can't wait for Tuesday. I'm going to jump all over Silent Hill: Downpour so fast. I love the Silent Hill franchise, and thought Homecoming was excellent, and didn't understand the hate.

#1129 mikepeluso

mikepeluso

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 June 2012 - 01:02 PM

I just finished everything in Downpour(1000/1000). I won't give away anything major, I will just say I see why some people say it doesn't feel like a silent hill game.I thought it was good but not great.I didn't feel like I had that much fun either playing it.There are some bugs and some things like special weapons that don't come in to the game until you are just about finished with the story.Which will drive you nuts becuase once the game ends you can't do anything with the weapons.Also there are major points of the game where you loose stuff you collected like weapons and items and there is nothing you can do about it.
Just my opinion, every person feels different about games so you may love it.

#1130 SkankButta

SkankButta

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 June 2012 - 01:37 PM

In for RE: ORC... Why not?

SheepMangler.png

#1131 Ink.So.Well.

Ink.So.Well.

Well.Went.Wild.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 June 2012 - 01:50 PM

If you plan to buy ORC at least make it LE or bust. I personally can't sign off on anything less because it was one of the blandest shooters I've ever played. I just hope my local BB employee in charge of the trade-ins 1) got the system fixed and 2) plans to stay true to his word by holding the original value should it drop w/ the print out he gave me. I can't trade in the game fast enough.

Stop trying to Scooby-Doo this. We're not going to solve this mystery for you. 

#1132 snakemaster2389

snakemaster2389

Temporarily Banned

• Temporarily Banned Users

Posted 10 June 2012 - 02:01 PM

I just finished everything in Downpour(1000/1000). I won't give away anything major, I will just say I see why some people say it doesn't feel like a silent hill game.I thought it was good but not great.I didn't feel like I had that much fun either playing it.There are some bugs and some things like special weapons that don't come in to the game until you are just about finished with the story.Which will drive you nuts becuase once the game ends you can't do anything with the weapons.Also there are major points of the game where you loose stuff you collected like weapons and items and there is nothing you can do about it.
Just my opinion, every person feels different about games so you may love it.

I beat Downpour and its a bad game and feels nothing like the classic Silent Hill games at all. There are lots of bugs and the ai is horrible and I did not like the whole side quest stuff, just pointless and if you did enjoy Homecoming which is a pretty decent Silent Hill-ish game, I don't think your gonna enjoy this one at all. Hope Konami gets a new dev to work on the next Silent Hill game
Twitter: @marcandretta check out my reviews @ http://bgbureau.com & www.marcandretta.tumblr.com Check Out My Youtube Channel!http://www.youtube.com/snakemaster2389 NEED A REVIEWER/WRITER? PM ME!!

Posted Image
Posted Image

#1133 thejnc

thejnc

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 June 2012 - 02:01 PM

Ordered one for pick up. Just got to go pick it and the Modnation Racers Vita game up now.

#1134 snakemaster2389

snakemaster2389

Temporarily Banned

• Temporarily Banned Users

Posted 10 June 2012 - 02:02 PM

just ordered a copy of RE:ORC for ps3, I love RE but ORC is really bad but I dont care. anyone wanna co-op with me later? add me- solidsnake231989
Twitter: @marcandretta check out my reviews @ http://bgbureau.com & www.marcandretta.tumblr.com Check Out My Youtube Channel!http://www.youtube.com/snakemaster2389 NEED A REVIEWER/WRITER? PM ME!!

Posted Image
Posted Image

#1135 UnlockPotential

UnlockPotential

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 June 2012 - 02:14 PM

I ordered RDR GOTY on Friday for $20 so I think that'll be more than enough zombie action for me.

#1136 MikePWV

MikePWV

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 June 2012 - 02:18 PM

For those of you who said the TIV for Resident Evil: ORC is $24 at bestbuy it's not, it's $12. I just checked online on their trade in website, hopefully this will keep the flipping people away so me and my brother can pick up a copy for co-op.

100% bonus on trade-in's right now plus 10% more if your a unlocked member so there's still gonna be people that flip the hell out of this even for the few bucks.

no i don't flip and i hate the ppl that do it and abuse the system.

#1137 crazedracerguy

crazedracerguy

Clearance Devil!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 June 2012 - 02:22 PM

For those of you who said the TIV for Resident Evil: ORC is $24 at bestbuy it's not, it's $12. I just checked online on their trade in website, hopefully this will keep the flipping people away so me and my brother can pick up a copy for co-op.

Maybe you can wait until tomorrow and then bitch because the flippers got to it before you and caused BB to change it back to regular price:roll:. I don't know about anyone else, but my BB still has 10-20 of DAII for each system still, even after the coupon has been live for a week. Other than the copy I pick up, I bet they don't sell a single copy of RE:ORC today.

Currently Playing:
:360:
Rocksmith 2014, Borderlands 2, Skyrim

#1138 Lonedragon87

Lonedragon87

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 June 2012 - 02:25 PM

really tempted on this

#1139 captpluto9465

captpluto9465

CAGalicious

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 June 2012 - 02:48 PM

ORC is awful. I wouldnt even reccommend it at this price

Second that! I rented it and the only good thing it had going for it was the lack of online pass. Of course they cut out half the co-op and sell it as DLC. Enemies are bullet-sponges and everything feels cheap like an old PS2 game. The controls are wretched and the story is even more nonsensical than before. Capcom totally squandered this idea with crappy developer Slant Six.

#1140 Modest Oddity

Modest Oddity

You Can't Quit Me.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 June 2012 - 03:04 PM

I want to bite (no pun intended) , but I can't seem to do it. If it were 14.99 I think I would. Funny how a few dollars makes the difference. I just haven't heard anything really good about it.

Posted Image