Best Buy Deal of the Day (2012)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
7202 replies to this topic

#1951 Derrick1979

Derrick1979

For the love of GAMING!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 June 2012 - 02:25 PM

I gameflyed Inversion the week it came out and beat like in 2-3 days. Ugh the game is so ugly and its just a real cheap Gears clone but really bad.

Im getting Tired of Hearing "Gears Clone" tossed around be reviewers etc. these day to any TPS cover based title.

It seems no game can be cover based TPS without stealing an idea from gears yet there was a specific TPS cover based Title Released from Namco years before Gears on PS2/Xbox...

Kill.Switch ring any bells? Im pretty sure Gears borrowed some ideas from that TPS Cover Based Game...

#1952 blindinglights

blindinglights

Posted 16 June 2012 - 02:29 PM

Im getting Tired of Hearing "Gears Clone" tossed around be reviewers etc. these day to any TPS cover based title.

It seems no game can be cover based TPS without stealing an idea from gears yet there was a specific TPS cover based Title Released from Namco years before Gears on PS2/Xbox...

Kill.Switch ring any bells? Im pretty sure Gears borrowed some ideas from that TPS Cover Based Game...

I started reading the first line of your post and was going to reply "Just call it a Kill.Switch clone then", but it seems you got that covered :).
2011 Completed Games
2012 Completed Games

Use Swag Bucks as your search engine, earn $10 to $15 in free Amazon credit per month. Find out how.

#1953 Kaiser499

Kaiser499

Gaming Guru

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 June 2012 - 02:30 PM

Kill Switch was awesome, one of my favorite PS2 games.

Hir7Lx6.gif

Check Out My Gaming Stream

Kaiser499.png

#1954 Doomstink

Doomstink

Posted 16 June 2012 - 02:32 PM

CliffyB has mentioned in several interviews that Gears was inspired by Kill.switch; however, that doesn't change the fact that Gears is more well known. It's the same thing with people attributing QTEs to God of War despite Shenmue existing well before that.

#1955 chaosgamer

chaosgamer

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 June 2012 - 02:41 PM

In for 1 Inversion, always wanted to try it out

Games Playing

:wii:  - Pandora's Tower, Donkey Kong Jungle Beat

:ps3: - Wolfenstein The New Order, Kingdom Hearts Remix, Child Of Light

EXTREMEULTIMATE.png

#1956 VyseArcad1a

VyseArcad1a

New Mirror's Edge?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 June 2012 - 02:53 PM

Thank you. Why do games always have to be accused of being a clone and a crappy game before anyone has played it?

I'm gonna give it a shot cause I think it looks fun. Original? maybe not. But looks fun.

#1957 Namerson

Namerson

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 June 2012 - 02:55 PM

I don't like saying 'gears clone' either but seriously this game is almost an exact clone. It's not because it's a TPS but it's the way you move, the way you go into cover, the way you look out and aim to shoot it's almost exactly the same. Like when a weapon shows up and the pop up to 'press x to switch this weapon' looks exactly the same. If you've played both games you'd get what I'm saying. But I bet half of those people declaring 'gears clone' hasn't even played a second of this game they just like to say gears clone to any TPS. Anyway if anyone's on the fence about this game it's not a bad game like everyone is saying. People should really look up words like 'horrible' and 'atrocious' before using them. This game is mediocre it's not a bad game it's not a good game it's a average game. I rented it and had fun with it. It didn't innovate, the gravity effects were dull but it was fun. People expect too much and when they don't like it they just say its horrible. I wasn't going into the game expecting innovation or new things. I just had fun in the about 7-8 hours campaign. This game is in no way horrible - it's mediocre. You'll like it even more if you had fun with Gears of War.
3DS Friend Code: 1203 - 9542 - 1648 (Remember to PM if you add me!)

How not to review a video game: http://blogs.wsj.com...s-to-cross-ove/

I don't consider QTEs gameplay. This "game" is about as deep as the mini games on a disney DVD.

#1958 lockarm

lockarm

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 June 2012 - 02:59 PM

My God, that game came out last week, and it's already $19.99.

#1959 kitlerc

kitlerc

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 June 2012 - 03:03 PM

The fact that Inversion is on sale for $20 not even two weeks after release should tell you about the quality of that title.

#1960 tmly

tmly

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 June 2012 - 03:13 PM

The game doesn't look too bad from the review I just saw, but it reminds me of Fracture with its gimmicky gravity gun and Fracture just bored the heck outta me. Guilty by association means no buy for me. It's got a bit of bionic commando in it too, not that that is a selling point, either.

#1961 Kenmeii

Kenmeii

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 June 2012 - 03:32 PM

I've read too many negative reviews from professional game sites and from other people to buy this game even at the reduced price. I'll admit though that I had to REALLY think about it before deciding on this action though.

#1962 beard_of_zeus

beard_of_zeus

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 June 2012 - 04:19 PM

Giant Bomb has a Quick Look video that just went up today, actually, if people are interested in seeing some footage of Inversion:

http://www.giantbomb.com/quick-look-inversion/17-6234/

Fair warning, they are kinda down on it - although, to be honest it really does look like a bad Gears clone. I actually agree with the people posting above who said "Gears clone" gets thrown around too much, but even the enemies in Inversion look so very similar to the Locust. It really does seem like a Gears ripoff with a gravity mechanic thrown in.
Posted Image

#1963 sgaldis

sgaldis

Posted 16 June 2012 - 06:50 PM

Soooo....is anyone going to be able to get us a leaked list of all the DoTD's for next week? I'm all excited to put my new RZ Silver perk to use! (free priority shipping on BB.com orders; supposed to start on Monday, as well as the extended 60 day PM window)

#1964 yruluis

yruluis

Группа Чи-Л

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 June 2012 - 07:07 PM

3 copies with my silver member b2g1 coupon

#1965 Not Eric

Not Eric

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 June 2012 - 07:37 PM

Kill.Switch clone? More like WinBack clone.

It could go on forever. Gears clone is just as acceptable a term as Doom clone. Clear enough and everyone knows what you mean instantly. (That rifle with a blade on the end of it doesn't help Inversion's case, though. Sure, sure, Gears didn't invent the bayonet but come on.)

#1966 Confucius

Confucius

Corporate Shill

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 June 2012 - 07:42 PM

Even though this is a total pong clone, I'm gonna give it a shot. Worse comes to worst, I'll trade it back in as a cheap rental.

Ees7Y.jpg

I'm 100% shocked that books still exist in today's day and age. I thought they'd be out by now. They make up like 1% of today's entertainment and unless you're 60 or older, stray away from books and start emersing yourself with real entertainment.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Codes for Free / Codes for Trade

#1967 Gurren Lagann

Gurren Lagann

Walking Nuke

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 June 2012 - 10:45 PM

Buck it I just used the free $5 gift certificate I got today from BB and redeemed it on inversion.all in all I think a pretty good deal

#1968 VyseArcad1a

VyseArcad1a

New Mirror's Edge?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 June 2012 - 10:51 PM

Another heads up CAGs, at least I found two deals of the day next week for games: Need for Speed The Run on Tuesday, and Just Dance 3 on Friday. Prices unknown but I will post once I find out.

The Run for $10, hopefully!

#1969 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 16 June 2012 - 11:00 PM

Another heads up CAGs, at least I found two deals of the day next week for games: Need for Speed The Run on Tuesday, and Just Dance 3 on Friday. Prices unknown but I will post once I find out.

Interesting. I was tempted to play NFS: The Run. I had bought it on BF with my B2G1 coupon from my welcome packet, but I figured I would hate it since I normally can't stand racing type games.

Either way, it's definitely gotta be cheaper than $30, which is the current MSRP for it.

i added a link to more wang pics. yu wang i mean not wang wang as in penis.

Sarcasm-Just one of the many services I offer.
Posted Image

#1970 Scorch

Scorch

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 June 2012 - 11:18 PM

The Run is an awesome game, I definitely enjoy the whole cross-country thing.

Fully expecting something like Singularity to pop up on the DOTD soon. I would jump all over that. Wouldn't be surprised to see Ninja Gaiden 3 pop up, either.

So that's the new record, then. $59.99 to $19.99 in eleven days.

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#1971 Idiotekque

Idiotekque

couch slave

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 June 2012 - 11:23 PM

Fully expecting something like Singularity to pop up on the DOTD soon. I would jump all over that. Wouldn't be surprised to see Ninja Gaiden 3 pop up, either.

Does that mean it will be $4.99 within the month? :bouncy:

Terraria - $1 (Steam),  X3: Terran Conflict - $2 (Steam)Fable: The Lost Chapters - $2 (Steam)

bZ2g3eF.png

#1972 Derrick1979

Derrick1979

For the love of GAMING!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 June 2012 - 11:39 PM

Interesting. I was tempted to play NFS: The Run. I had bought it on BF with my B2G1 coupon from my welcome packet, but I figured I would hate it since I normally can't stand racing type games.

Either way, it's definitely gotta be cheaper than $30, which is the current MSRP for it.

Was just in Bestbuy Picking up my copy of Inversion and NFS:the Run was marked $19.99

#1973 technicalstylez

technicalstylez

Colors User

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 June 2012 - 11:40 PM

singularity was dotd over the holidays for 7.99 so stock might be low. i managed to pick up a copy w/ code for prototype dl but it had already expired :cry:

i'd bite on ninja gaiden 3 though. move compatibility makes it like onimusha 3 sword controller gameplay 2.0

Fully expecting something like Singularity to pop up on the DOTD soon. I would jump all over that.

my tradelist: http://www.cheapassg...718#post8655718

now playing:

-insert DC icon here- GUNLORD :hot:

#1974 nixmahn

nixmahn

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 June 2012 - 11:51 PM

How long did it take Fairytale Fights?

Have 3 demo SSB codes for trade. Already have last 6 Club Nintendo Wii U eshop games from Club Nintendo. Will take any Wii U eshop game codes I don't already have or Non CN 3DS eshop code.

Check My Trade List
http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=276079

#1975 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 17 June 2012 - 12:24 AM

Singularity is $6 at Kmart if you can find a copy. My closest store has a lone PS3 copy and a further away store has some for both PS3 and 360.

Was just in Bestbuy Picking up my copy of Inversion and NFS:the Run was marked $19.99

Even better then. Unless it was just a store specific sale price, as it's showing $29.99 across all platforms on BB.com.

Anyway, I just placed an order for Inversion about 20 or so minutes ago. It cost me $10 + tax in gaming trade credit to give it a whirl after deducting my 2 $5 RZ certificates($5 bonus one they gave me and a $5 one I had on my account which was from game trades mostly).

i added a link to more wang pics. yu wang i mean not wang wang as in penis.

Sarcasm-Just one of the many services I offer.
Posted Image

#1976 Derrick1979

Derrick1979

For the love of GAMING!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 June 2012 - 12:42 AM

People seem to think Bestbuy's irrational pricing lately has to due with the quality of a game....

It is Bestbuy....

There are lots of turds sitting on shelves in bestbuy stores that have barely moved in prices.

#1977 BudzMcGee

BudzMcGee

Clearance Bin Review

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 June 2012 - 02:29 AM

Not sure if want... wish I had gotten that random $5 certificate, would almost certainly have said screw it and used it on this if I had...

My video game site ClearanceBinReview.com - The right game for the right price.
300x156xBacklog-Quest-II-300x156.jpg.pag
Want to write reviews of iPhone and XBLIG's and get FREE games for doing so? We are looking for writers! Go HERE.

Sign up for Shopkick and get free Best Buy and Target gift cards for free! Sign up through here (referral) for 50 bonus kicks!

#1978 MIX_MASTER_ICE

MIX_MASTER_ICE

The Night Stalker

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 June 2012 - 02:33 AM

The $5 bonus RZ credit BB gave me pushed me to buy Inversion for 10 bucks (had over 250 RZ points in account). For 10 bucks it's worth a try, since I can always get my money back and then some. I've watched a couple of vids on this that actually look pretty decent.

The Run better be $10, because I can get it anytime for $20 at my local Wal-Mart.

1.pngdefault.png IMAG0005.jpg

#1979 TooPoor

TooPoor

∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 June 2012 - 03:00 AM

The Run for....$5?:roll:

#1980 Derrick1979

Derrick1979

For the love of GAMING!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 June 2012 - 03:08 AM

The Run for....$5?:roll:

If it's $5-10 im all over it. I need a racer and im not to into the sim stuff...

Bestbuy is becoming my favorite place for new games as of lately because anything Ive wanted to play seems to be waved at me for cheap...