Best Buy Deal of the Day (2012)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
7202 replies to this topic

#2101 coopscohen

coopscohen

All Skill, No Luck

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 June 2012 - 05:31 AM

Those copys were obviously snagged online for instore pick up after the deal went live

LOL. I was going to order it as a filler for the $10 promo but I guess that's out now. And it doesn't allow instore pick up at all.

#2102 KtMack23

KtMack23

Retired from CAGing

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 June 2012 - 05:32 AM

I'm going to sleep, what a waste.

#2103 technicalstylez

technicalstylez

Colors User

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 June 2012 - 05:32 AM

Those copys were obviously snagged online for instore pick up after the deal went live

negative broski. showed unavailable for instore pickup before the deal went live.
my tradelist: http://www.cheapassg...718#post8655718

now playing:

-insert DC icon here- GUNLORD :hot:

#2104 portpunk

portpunk

Posted 19 June 2012 - 05:33 AM

I doubt that's the case with my local BB. NOBODY ever snags the DOTDs there, since I always seem to see them in stock.

I'll run by tomorrow, as I know they've got a nice big stack of Limiteds in stock. Worst case scenario...I return the copy I just bought online when it gets here.

#2105 strait edge follower

strait edge follower

Cult of personality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 June 2012 - 05:34 AM

negative broski. showed unavailable for instore pickup before the deal went live.

People could have brought it for a return rebuy i guess
Currently playing
:ps4: blacklight retribution, mlb 14, lego marvel, the transistor, contrast, assassins creed black flag :wiiu: new super mario bros u, zelda ww hd

games recently beaten: :ps4: watch dogs, infamous second son, killzone shadowfall, murdered soul suspect :vita: final fantasy x hd, :wiiu: donkey kong tropical freeze

#2106 spoderman

spoderman

I thought Harvey Dent said that

• CAGiversary!

was hoping for under $10.

and if the used game is in good condition and has all its codes its the same thing as a new game. and if its not in good condition every place will refund you.

And if you do too many returns, gamefly will ban you, even if the returns were due to faulty discs. I don't think it's the same thing.. with all the chipped/unplayable discs people get, there's a big difference in convenience when you pay for a new game vs. a used gamefly copy.

#2107 sassylaurie

sassylaurie

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Why do people insist on comparing gamefly to new?

And oos for a week.

#2108 scottman

scottman

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 June 2012 - 05:35 AM

Nope, the game hasn't been available for pickup since before it went live. I wonder if they are somehow differentiating between limited and regular. I can only find one upc online though. Maybe stores only have limited, and online is regular, and that is why you can't pickup in store?

#2109 strait edge follower

strait edge follower

Cult of personality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 June 2012 - 05:35 AM

LOL. I was going to order it as a filler for the $10 promo but I guess that's out now. And it doesn't allow instore pick up at all.

You could always get deadliest warrior, thats what i brought it for. Me and everyone else that is lol
Currently playing
:ps4: blacklight retribution, mlb 14, lego marvel, the transistor, contrast, assassins creed black flag :wiiu: new super mario bros u, zelda ww hd

games recently beaten: :ps4: watch dogs, infamous second son, killzone shadowfall, murdered soul suspect :vita: final fantasy x hd, :wiiu: donkey kong tropical freeze

#2110 VyseArcad1a

VyseArcad1a

New Mirror's Edge?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 June 2012 - 05:40 AM

It's the same game to me. It doesn't really matter if you see things differently because I'm the one paying for it.

New = support to the devs. Period. That's why I try to buy new whenever possible.

#2111 Confucius

Confucius

Corporate Shill

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 June 2012 - 05:43 AM

New = support to the devs. Period. That's why I try to buy new whenever possible.

That and to avoid stains and random hairs. Shudder.

Anyway, whether you buy used or new is ones own choice. But they are not the same thing.

#2112 Masterkyo

Masterkyo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 June 2012 - 05:43 AM

So is this the newest NFS? Or is there a newer one?

Yes, it released Nov. 2011 and is OK game. NFS: Shift 2 Unleashed released Mar. 2011. I refer waits for new Need for Speed: Most Wanted coming out Oct. 30, 12.
"Evil is Funs"

#2113 option.iv

option.iv

Posted 19 June 2012 - 05:48 AM

I wish this was for PC... and redeemable on Steam... damn you EA and your Origin!

test.gif

#2114 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 19 June 2012 - 05:53 AM

Some of these devs putting out games that're essentially bugfests though don't deserve the sales imo. Moreover, all of the companies doing the online passes or locking out content that's ON DISC unless you pay more to unlock it should go eat a big, fat, veiny one as far as I'm concerned.

i added a link to more wang pics. yu wang i mean not wang wang as in penis.

Sarcasm-Just one of the many services I offer.
Posted Image

#2115 technicalstylez

technicalstylez

Colors User

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 June 2012 - 05:57 AM

i'm all for buying new.....just not at launch. shits expensive.
my tradelist: http://www.cheapassg...718#post8655718

now playing:

-insert DC icon here- GUNLORD :hot:

#2116 eastx

eastx

The Fighting Bomber

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 June 2012 - 05:58 AM

Some of these devs putting out games that're essentially bugfests though don't deserve the sales imo.

Then don't buy a game if you're not interested in it or it doesn't meet your quality standards. I know this doesn't jibe with your worldview, but everyone deserves to be paid for their work.

-Paul Acevedo
Editor, Windows Phone Central, iMore, and Android Central
Twitter: @PaulRAcevedo

#2117 CheapAssHustla

CheapAssHustla

Hustle..Hustle Hard

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 June 2012 - 05:59 AM

I received this game for free after the trade 2 Target coupon, and traded it back in for $16 recently. It's worth a playthrough. Some of the races will shock you. Just wait until the end. I liked the idea of racing from the West coast all the way to the East coast. I'm thinking they'll probably make a sequel. Just my two cents.

#2118 Confucius

Confucius

Corporate Shill

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 June 2012 - 06:01 AM

Then don't buy a game if you're not interested in it or it doesn't meet your quality standards. I know this doesn't jibe with your worldview, but everyone deserves to be paid for their work.

You're wasting your time.

Even if they released a perfect game, do you think he'd actually support the devs? Of course not.

#2119 kayne2000

kayne2000

All Glory to Tachikoma Paradise

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 June 2012 - 06:08 AM

and they have been. someone already bought the game new.

#2120 phoenixlau

phoenixlau

backlogged

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 June 2012 - 06:14 AM

Ehhh... $5 too much.

#2121 eastx

eastx

The Fighting Bomber

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 June 2012 - 06:17 AM

Confoosius: oh, I know. I know.

and they have been. someone already bought the game new.

You can go to the back of the line now.

-Paul Acevedo

#2122 jay_remedy

jay_remedy

Mila Kunis >

• Banned

Posted 19 June 2012 - 06:19 AM

You're wasting your time.

Even if they released a perfect game, do you think he'd actually support the devs? Of course not.

Maybe if it was <$5.

jayremedy.png29kwg3s.gif

sig.gif

#2123 kayne2000

kayne2000

All Glory to Tachikoma Paradise

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 June 2012 - 06:25 AM

Confoosius: oh, I know. I know.

You can go to the back of the line now.

your inablity to counter my factual statement is amazing.

#2124 Cocojames333

Cocojames333

Posted 19 June 2012 - 06:29 AM

You do realize that ea has already been paid for the games right? They get paid when best buy buys them not when the consumer buys them. Seeing how they are trying to get rid of them...regardless of if you buy new I don't see them ordering more just so they can take a loss at $15 again.
I really wish people new about business before getting into a slap fight just to do it.

Not to mention. The game is not even great. It's average at best. So why are we supporting devs that ea themselves don't even trust anymore? Lol the devs have already been paid.

Also...why are you in this topic? Why not set up shop on the gamefly or GameStop topics? Lol

#2125 mgorsi

mgorsi

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 June 2012 - 06:33 AM

Plz do not waste $15 on this Shiite game. It is worth $5 at most, and that's if your bored!! I have been a hardcore racing fan for a long time, played over 10-12 racing games on current gen. And Nfs run is by far the worst game ever. The main story last 3 hrs with cut scenes. About 2 while driving. Wait until its $5. I am happy I got it for $28 on black Friday, and few weeks later traded in for $30

#2126 Confucius

Confucius

Corporate Shill

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 June 2012 - 06:35 AM

You do realize that ea has already been paid for the games right? They get paid when best buy buys them not when the consumer buys them. Seeing how they are trying to get rid of them...regardless of if you buy new I don't see them ordering more just so they can take a loss at $15 again.
I really wish people new about business before getting into a slap fight just to do it.
Lol

I do too since you happen to be wrong. But I'll let you try to figure out how yourself.

@mgorsi - well there's your problem. You were looking for a hardcore racing game and this certainly isn't one of those.

#2127 wynams

wynams

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 June 2012 - 06:35 AM

If used is $0.01 less, a true cag takes it!

#2128 eastx

eastx

The Fighting Bomber

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 June 2012 - 06:37 AM

Not to mention. The game is not even great. It's average at best. So why are we supporting devs that ea themselves don't even trust anymore? Lol the devs have already been paid.

Also...why are you in this topic? Why not set up shop on the gamefly or GameStop topics? Lol

Are you suggesting that people who believe in supporting game developers can't be interested in Best Buy's daily deals?

Sure, I write about games for a living and yet I don't know about the gaming business - if you say so. Yes, obviously the publisher was paid for the games when they sent them to the retailer. New sales still contribute to the likelihood of the retailer ordering more games from the publisher in the future. Not really interested in debating it beyond that though.

-Paul Acevedo

#2129 cancerman1120

cancerman1120

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 June 2012 - 06:39 AM

Best part of this game is Christina Hendricks.
Posted Image

#2130 Confucius

Confucius

Corporate Shill

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 June 2012 - 06:40 AM

Best part of this game is Christina Hendricks.

Wait what? I don't remember her in it.