Refurbished PS3 $179.99 1 Day Sale at Fry's Electronics

8bitlover

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
Wasn't listed in the weekly Fry's thread and figured if it's only 1 day should have a separate thread. It's the 160G slim refurbished model. It's valid only today Monday May 28th. If you don't have a PS3 or a Blu-Ray player then this is a heck of a deal.

Last edited by a moderator:
Does it come with a controller? can i buy a warranty too? (with sony)

Last edited by a moderator:
My first PS3 (fat) was a refurbished one, and lasted for 3 yrs until I got my slim, so suck it :)

regardless - just like with the wii deal - it'll behoove you to wait until after E3 to buy a console. This would be when (another) price drop is announced. If you waited this long, you can wait a bloody week

just picked one up....anyone know how i can purchase an extended warranty??? fry's doesnt offer one but can i get one threw sony?? (PS store)

[quote name='Wario64']I wouldn't buy refurbished anything[/QUOTE]

I've bought some refurbished iPods from Apple in the past with pretty good luck. But after sending my 360 to MS and PS3 to Sony to get refurbs that ended up breaking pretty quickly, I agree with you.

I have a refurbished 360 from the microsoft repair center that is working better than the one I bought straight out of the box, however I have the MW3 one which is a fairly new console, and I had it serviced a couple months ago so there was no way they were going to send me an old unit like if you sent in an original 360. So there was only a couple months inbetween when I bought the console from the box and from when I got it repaired, so they likely got to the problem the refurbished console that I got was having, then fixed it and now its all good. Or for all I know they could have sent out a brand new MW3 console to me, I really don't know what I have.

bread's done
Back