Photo
- - - - -

Best Buy [Unlocked] $20 RZ Cert. Pre-order Promo 2012

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
6026 replies to this topic

Poll: Which games are you pre-ordering? (3098 member(s) have cast votes)

Which games are you pre-ordering?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#2971 JohnWayne

JohnWayne

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2012 - 03:30 AM

Just make a new topic, I marked mine as solved.

Gamer's Unlocked Best Buy Forum

Do I just choose 'New Message'? And what details should I include so that they don't end up asking me for more things like my customer service pin number or something?

#2972 247

Posted 05 October 2012 - 03:33 AM

:facepalm:

#2973 aircobra

aircobra

Posted 05 October 2012 - 04:34 AM

Do I just choose 'New Message'? And what details should I include so that they don't end up asking me for more things like my customer service pin number or something?

Would you like someone to do it for you?

#2974 jza1218

jza1218

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2012 - 04:43 AM

Just noticed on my tracking info for NBA 2k13 that it's been transferred from UPS to USPS. Which means there is zero chance it shows up for it's expected delivery date, which is Monday.

#2975 JohnWayne

JohnWayne

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2012 - 04:44 AM

Would you like someone to do it for you?

Bitch I'm John wayne

#2976 jza1218

jza1218

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2012 - 04:45 AM

Bitch I'm John wayne

I highly doubt that.

#2977 JohnWayne

JohnWayne

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2012 - 04:46 AM

I highly doubt that.

I kid I kid

#2978 YBX87

YBX87

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2012 - 04:48 AM

Just noticed on my tracking info for NBA 2k13 that it's been transferred from UPS to USPS. Which means there is zero chance it shows up for it's expected delivery date, which is Monday.

lol, i remember you asked how long does it take bestbuy to ship the game

#2979 jza1218

jza1218

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2012 - 05:09 AM

The absolutely frustrating thing is that it's in the same borough as me.

#2980 edson13

edson13

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2012 - 05:37 AM

The absolutely frustrating thing is that it's in the same borough as me.

ups mail innovations works that way. As soon as they hand it to the USPS, it usually means its a day from delivery.

#2981 PhilsUtley26

PhilsUtley26

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2012 - 05:57 AM

Monday is a holiday too so I'm not expecting my Anthology edition till Tuesday. Tracking says it is in NJ while I'm in Philly so I think Saturday is a good day to get it at as my Netflix movies take only 1 day, but who knows.

#2982 Donut2922

Donut2922

Read the OP!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2012 - 08:05 AM

Best Buy expedited shipping for Silver members is really fast. I preordered NBA 2K13 Monday night and I received it on Wednesday (1 day after release).

Now playing:

:ps4: Last of Us: Remastered, Destiny

:360: Gears of War 3

#2983 joeyshadows

joeyshadows

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2012 - 01:26 PM

I pre ordered dishonored in store a couple months ago. Hopefully they don't mess up on the whale oil lamp.

#2984 DOMINATOR912

DOMINATOR912

RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2012 - 01:30 PM

Are there any early reviews on Dishonored out yet? Been looking around and can't seem to find any.

#2985 Vigilante

Vigilante

Always Watching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2012 - 01:48 PM

Are there any early reviews on Dishonored out yet? Been looking around and can't seem to find any.

It's possible there's an embargo on reviews that won't be lifted until the release date or the day before (just a guess).

Cloud_Squall78.png
Currently Playing: :3ds: Kirby: Triple Deluxe :ps3: Tales of Xillia 2  :vita: Akiba's Trip; One Piece: Unlimited World RED

Last Beaten/Completed Game(s) [9/29]:  :ps3: Rayman Origins (5/5)

Last Watched Film [8/9]: The Raid 2 (insane choreography, complex story)

"Moreso than the good, it is the evil who must be rescued." -Shigesato Itoi

#2986 joeyshadows

joeyshadows

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2012 - 01:56 PM

Probably Sunday or Monday. If you haven't pre ordered you could always just do the 5 down in store in case it does turn out well.

#2987 Sharkey1337

Sharkey1337

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2012 - 03:11 PM

Yep, review embargo is set until Monday, probably noon. I'm holding off on Dishonored as I'm getting a Bioshock buzz from it, which I thought was meh. Getting XCOM for sure though.

#2988 ironmenpb

ironmenpb

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2012 - 03:13 PM

That's what it says in the fine print must be picked up within 7 days maybe you could get the manager to override and give you $20 back but that would be ymmv if they read the fine print in the promo

If I try for the $20 certificates do I go to the store or call best buy?

#2989 iduncurr

iduncurr

Posted 05 October 2012 - 03:22 PM

How long does it typically takes before a purchase in store is posted on the reward account?

5 days?

#2990 jcp42877

jcp42877

Semper Fortis

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2012 - 03:24 PM

I'm honestly surprised to see on this thread so many people picking up NBA2k13. I was under the impression that most serious gamers didn't go for the whole sports game thing because it was a year by year cash cow that rarely got an update from the previous year's title (besides rosters). Hell, I was the only guy at my store Tuesday picking up RE6...like 8 other guys all picking up NBA. I was thinking "damn....". Nothing wrong with that of course, just an observation.

It might just be me though, as I could care less for most sports besides baseball and the occasional festive soccer match, and even then...i love my old Triple Play '98 and Ken Griffey's Slugfest.

Must just be a lot of basketball fans on here. Although while at BBY yesterday, i did glance at the box and saw it was produced by Jay-Z this time. That might make for new and improved gameplay and features, which if the case, I could see the bigger draw.

#2991 AsstronautJones

AsstronautJones

bang bang what's the hang

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2012 - 03:48 PM

I just got my certificate for FIFA today.

536739.png

#2992 WNYX585AM

WNYX585AM

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2012 - 03:54 PM

Must just be a lot of basketball fans on here. Although while at BBY yesterday, i did glance at the box and saw it was produced by Jay-Z this time. That might make for new and improved gameplay and features, which if the case, I could see the bigger draw.

Jay-Z is my favorite player. He's also my favorite video game designer.
:)

#2993 KingofOldSchool

KingofOldSchool

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2012 - 03:57 PM

I'm honestly surprised to see on this thread so many people picking up NBA2k13. I was under the impression that most serious gamers didn't go for the whole sports game thing because it was a year by year cash cow that rarely got an update from the previous year's title (besides rosters). Hell, I was the only guy at my store Tuesday picking up RE6...like 8 other guys all picking up NBA. I was thinking "damn....". Nothing wrong with that of course, just an observation.

It might just be me though, as I could care less for most sports besides baseball and the occasional festive soccer match, and even then...i love my old Triple Play '98 and Ken Griffey's Slugfest.

Three reasons.

1. The NBA2K series always brings quality so more people are likely to support a series that constantly produces good games.

2. The people who complain about yearly sport titles are the minorty.

3. $20 GC knocks it down to $40 if you want to look at it that way. Plus, if you decide you don't like it, you can turn around and trade it in for $42 So if you don't like it, you're not losing anything. If you like it, you essentially got it for $40.

Hell if anything, I was hesitant on buying it because I didn't want to support a hack like Jay Z.
Posted Image

http://www.yourfree3....php?ref=272112

Sign up under me a receive FREE X-Box 360 games. You can get CoD: Black Ops, Rock Band 3, Fable 3, Fallout: New Vegas, and MORE!

#2994 advanced

advanced

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2012 - 04:00 PM

Every year since 2010, 2K has been vastly improving the game over each year. While Jordan, and then his buddies, and now the Dream Team, are the buzz features, the base gameplay is hugely superior over the previous year before it. 2K kind of has to do this if it wants to keep making basketball games, seeing as how the board of directors doesn't want any more licensed games that lose money/critical appeal.

This year's game is far better than 2K12. Well worth my $54 (- $20 in RZ certs). Well worth it.

#2995 panda911

panda911

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2012 - 04:01 PM

Three reasons.

1. The NBA2K series always brings quality so more people are likely to support a series that constantly produces good games.

2. The people who complain about yearly sport titles are the minorty.

3. $20 GC knocks it down to $40 if you want to look at it that way. Plus, if you decide you don't like it, you can turn around and trade it in for $42 So if you don't like it, you're not losing anything. If you like it, you essentially got it for $40.

Hell if anything, I was hesitant on buying it because I didn't want to support a hack like Jay Z.

And most importantly, a lot of people like basketball and video games and this is the only basketball video game.

#2996 jcp42877

jcp42877

Semper Fortis

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2012 - 04:13 PM

Oh okay...well I'm glad to see some intellectual comments backing it up.

I may have to check out some of the 2k baseball games. "I" was always under the impression though that 2k games were a lot more technical in gameplay, and for baseball, I'd have better luck/more fun with a game like MLB The Show.

But yea, I think a lot of it is my general dislike of basketball in general. Played it at a younger age, was pretty pathetic, and have had a dislike since then haha. Always stuck with baseball.

#2997 jza1218

jza1218

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2012 - 04:36 PM

I may have to check out some of the 2k baseball games. "I" was always under the impression though that 2k games were a lot more technical in gameplay, and for baseball, I'd have better luck/more fun with a game like MLB The Show.

But yea, I think a lot of it is my general dislike of basketball in general. Played it at a younger age, was pretty pathetic, and have had a dislike since then haha. Always stuck with baseball.

Eh I'd stay away from the 2k baseball games. They're a mixed bag.

#2998 PhilsUtley26

PhilsUtley26

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2012 - 05:29 PM

The Show is best baseball game and my sports GOY.

I buy Show and Madden every year eventhough its basically the same. You can't really change a sport so I don't know what people expect to be different.

#2999 slowdive21

slowdive21

CAG Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2012 - 06:14 PM

Yep, review embargo is set until Monday, probably noon. I'm holding off on Dishonored as I'm getting a Bioshock buzz from it, which I thought was meh. Getting XCOM for sure though.

If you thought the first Bioshock was meh, you should stick with flash games and angry birds.

#3000 Waggles

Waggles

What the funk n waggle are you talkin' bout?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2012 - 06:25 PM

If you thought the first Bioshock was meh, you should stick with flash games and angry birds.

bioshock is meh. it was amazing when i first played it, but its one of those games where once you try to play it again, you realize just how mediocre it actually is. it nails atmosphere, sure, but gameplay feels totally off. Clunky, almost, and certainly not fun on its own. i have high expectations for Infinite though.