Best Buy [Unlocked] $20 RZ Cert. Pre-order Promo 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

htz

CAGiversary!
Staff member
Feedback
4 (100%)
**Is Call of Duty Black Ops 2 part of the promo?
Yes, Mike from BB corporate have confirmed this multiple times. You won't see any mention of the promo due to publisher request.

Click here for discussion on the 2013 $20 [Unlocked] RZ Cert. Pre-order Promo.

https://myrewardzone.bestbuy.com/offers/offersandpromotions/info/0900a76f800bed8a

As a Reward Zone Program Gamers Club [Unlocked] member, you get $20 in reward certificates for each game you pre-order and purchase from a select list of titles.

Get $20 in Reward Certificates for each game you pre-order and purchase from the list of unreleased titles below:

Best Buy Pre-order bonuses
[customspoiler=Black Ops 2]
fo_codtag0506.gif

Free Exclusive Dog Tags
when you pre-order Call of Duty: Black Ops II on Xbox 360 or PS3.
fo_doublexp.gif

Call of Duty: Black Ops II Pre-Order Bonus
Test your skills with the Nuketown 2025 multiplayer map and gain access to Double XP Launch Weekend when you pre-order for Xbox 360, PS3 or PC. While supplies last
[/customspoiler]
[customspoiler=Far Cry 3]
fo_lostexp0401_2.gif

The Lost Expeditions Exclusive Bonus
Far Cry 3, The Lost Expeditions Exclusive Bonus Mission Discover the secrets of the island's lost World War II ruins in two exclusive single-player bonus missions and blast away your opponents in multiplayer with the unlocked Type 10 flare gun.

Single Player Mission 1: Forgotten Experiment
Trapped inside a forgotten research facility, your only way out is through the crumbling ruins. To escape, you'll have to activate the old experiments and unleash an electronic storm that could be the end of you.
Single Player Mission 2: Ignition in the Deep
Inside an abandoned military silo, the only thing standing between you and freedom are Vaas' pirates and a forgotten missile leaking a lake of fuel.
Multiplayer: Type 10 Flare Gun
Unlock the power of a gun that's modified to shoot 10-gauge shells.
You'll receive a code via e-mail on the game's release date for in-game access to the bonus content. Valid e-mail address required to receive download code.
[/customspoiler]

Do I have to be a Reward Zone Gamers Club [Unlocked] member to qualify?
Yes, in order to qualify for the promotion customers must be a Reward Zone Gamers Club [Unlocked] member at the time the pre-order is picked up or shipped.

If I am not a member of the Reward Zone Gamers Club [Unlocked], how do I join?
You can only sign up for Gamer’s Club [Unlocked] in store. If you are signing up the day you pick up an eligible pre-order, the pre-order exchange and [Unlocked] sale must be completed on the same receipt.

Is this offer available for both in-store and BestBuy.com purchases?
Yes! Pre-orders and purchases placed both in-store and on BestBuy.com qualify.

Does it count on all editions of the game?
The offer is applicable on all Xbox 360 and PS3 versions of the game such as special editions, limited editions, collector’s editions, etc. (subject to availability). PC, Wii, or any other platform of any of the titles does not qualify as a purchase towards this promotion.

Can I purchase multiple of the same title and still qualify for the promotion?
You can only receive one $20 certificate for each individual title, regardless of version or platform.

There are twelve titles on this list. Can I get 12 $20 certificates if I pre-order and purchase all of them?
Yes! With this offer, members are eligible for up to 12,000 Bonus Reward Zone points if they pre-order and purchase all games.

How do I link my Reward Zone account to my BestBuy.com account to ensure my purchases are tracked?
Check out this handy post by Kyle-BBY with instructions on how to do so.

How long does this promotion run?
The promotion will end 7 days after the last game is released.

When will I get my certificates?
Reward Zone Gamers Club [Unlocked] members will receive their $20 certificate approximately 30 days from the date of pick up or shipping of each title as it is released.

Will I still receive my regular RZ points for making the purchases?
Yes, customers will still receive everyday points per the Reward Zone program rules.

Am I still eligible for all additional offers that might be available for the new games such as DLCs or free merchandise?
Yes, customers are still eligible for additional offers they may come available with these new releases.

If I return any of the games, will I still be eligible?
Any game returned will be disqualified for that title’s $20 certificate offer.

If I pre-order and/or purchase any of the above listed games using a Best Buy gift card or Reward Zone certificates, will they count as a valid pre-order and purchase towards the $20 bonus certificate?
Yes. A pre-order and/or purchase with a Best Buy gift card or Reward Zone certificates will count as an eligible purchase toward the $20 bonus certificate offer. The Reward Zone program rules regarding earning points when a gift card or certificate is used still apply.

If I find a lower price on the game will Best Buy price match?
Yes! Best Buy has a price match guarantee which can be found here.

If I receive a price match from an in-store or BestBuy.com purchased game, will I still qualify for the $20 bonus certificate?
Yes. A price match done in-store or on BestBuy.com within policy will not affect your eligibility for the $20 bonus certificate.

If you want more titles added alert BB of the games here
http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Best-Bu...o/idi-p/531520
PC Gamers request for PC games to be added here
http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Best-Bu...s/idi-p/528964
^Thanks Enuf!
[quote name='lordopus99']$20 Reward Zone Gamer's Club Unlocked for Dummies

1) You will not get your $20 RZ until around the 30-35 day mark (after purchase). Stop worrying about it until that point.
2) The RZ website is far from accurate. Proof in point, the RZ silver bar. Again, see #1. Patience is a virtue.

What does this mean on a purchase?
- RZGC UNLOCKED PO 10 DISCOUNT - Your 10% discount for Pre Owned Games. This will show up for ANY purchase (gaming or not) as long as you are Gamer's Club Unlocked.
- PS-(system)-(game) i.e. PS-X360-RESIDENT EVIL 6 - This is your preorder being deducted from the purchase of the game.

Preorder DLC Bonus - You need to have an email address associated to your Reward Zone account. This is the email address they will send your DLC code to. It typicially can take a day to obtain this. Potentially up to a week. Note your luck of getting this by the time you get home is a crapshoot. Wait a week and then call customer service if you haven't received.

FOR YOUR POINTS...
If your physical receipt shows like below, you should get your $20RZ preorder bonus.

EXCHANGE

Original Tran (Cust Serv Pin) Date

Return Items
Pre-order SKU PS-(system)-(game) 5.00-

Sale Items
SKU Name of Game for above 59.99

The complaining about these points/DLC need to die down. Come on guys/gals...

PATIENCE IS A VIRTUE[/QUOTE]
^Thanks lordopus99!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='j.t']Interested in RE6 and ACIII but by the time I get the rz cert, it will be close to black friday where I'm positive I can get those games cheaper.[/QUOTE]

I would still do ACIII. You can Price match within 30 days (60 for Silver) and as we have seen with AC games they drop (although this might hold). Either was do not open the game and if by Black Friday it does not drop then buy it then and return the other game. Might as well chance it.

Also, there is no harm in preordering a game and then waiting out the 30 day return for a PM and returning it if the price does not drop.

So to get the halo 4 litho I have to go in store, but I think I'll just do the rest online, I believe that is the only physical bonus you can't get online for the offered games. Sick of running to store for price adjustments.

EDIT: I noticed dishonored doesn't have the bonuses listed online yet and although BO II is.listed on the RZ page. The product page does not say about the $20

Sorry, didn't read.

Guess I'll wait for steam sales and such on the PC ports.

Awesome deal, but the only one on that list that I care about getting day 1 is borderlands 2 and GS had the creature slaughter some dlc that bb didn't get.

Not sure if thats worth 20$ or not... I know it will be available as dlc eventually

Will probably grab NBA, Far Cry, Madden (for a friend), Borderlands, Assassin's Creed, Dishonored and maybe Halo and Fifa. Sitting a bunch of credit so it shouldn't cost me anythin outta pocket and ill be hopefully getting price adjuatments on each

Anyone know if Halo 4 LE counts towards this? I would like to think so but anyone pre-order an LE of any kind in the past and have this deal work for them?

[quote name='Althax']How do price adjustments after the purchase work?[/QUOTE]

If they drop the price and you're silver u can get the difference with 45 days (soon to be 60) if you're not silver u can do this for 30 days

[quote name='xFatalFlaw']Anyone know if Halo 4 LE counts towards this? I would like to think so but anyone pre-order an LE of any kind in the past and have this deal work for them?[/QUOTE]

It does, if you look up the pre-order on their website and look at the special offer's portion you'll see the $20 promo is listed for the LE edition as well. :D

MrshllJcb
I'm pretty sure Althax was asking about if PMing will effect your bonus because it's given as RWZ points and points get adjusted with PMing.

[quote name='jdb230']where are you seeing this "criteria"? or is it just something you are assuming?

Price matching has always worked in the past on pre-order deals (whether they've been in the form of gift cards or rewardzone certificates) so I see no reason to see why that would be changed now, especially when nothing in the terms states otherwise.[/QUOTE]
I was assuming, we will know how it turns out when somebody tries to PM NCAA 13.

I have changed OP to a wiki, so people can add new games to the list if it happens or a change of terms encase I'm not around to update it.

[quote name='MrshllJcb']If they drop the price and you're silver u can get the difference with 45 days (soon to be 60) if you're not silver u can do this for 30 days[/QUOTE]

Drop via a sale or permanent price drop only? And does the game need to be unopened?

[quote name='iduncurr']It does, if you look up the pre-order on their website and look at the special offer's portion you'll see the $20 promo is listed for the LE edition as well. :D

MrshllJcb
I'm pretty sure Althax was asking about if PMing will effect your bonus because it's given as RWZ points and points get adjusted with PMing.[/QUOTE]

Thank you very much, looks like BB won my pre-order for that game then.

[quote name='Althax']Drop via a sale or permanent price drop only? And does the game need to be unopened?[/QUOTE]

Either permanent or sale price, and its not something that's a hassle usually, its their policy so they match without bitching. And when I do it I don't even bring the game, just the receipt, but it can be opened

[quote name='advanced']^
Guess I'm in for Dishonored too. :\ Damn, BB. Draining me of my Fall money before its even really Summer.[/QUOTE]

haha so true

Slightly off-topic but when it comes to price adjustments, Black Friday doesn't count right? If I buy Assassin's Creed 3 on October 30 and it winds up being cheaper on BF (within 30 days), can I do a price adjustment? Nevertheless, a $20 GC and a steelbook (which my BB still has surprisingly) is tempting me.

[quote name='metallicoholic']Slightly off-topic but when it comes to price adjustments, Black Friday doesn't count right? If I buy Assassin's Creed 3 on October 30 and it winds up being cheaper on BF (within 30 days), can I do a price adjustment? Nevertheless, a $20 GC and a steelbook (which my BB still has surprisingly) is tempting me.[/QUOTE]

can you still get the ac3 steelbook with preordering, or are they sold out?

[quote name='Dund3r']https://myrewardzone.bestbuy.com/gamers/benefits

Basically just go to a BB store, grab an @Gamer magazine and sign up.[/QUOTE]

I'm with the guy before, total @gamer noob. Do you have to do anything other than buy the magazine? Or is there something in the magazine just from buying it means you get a free sub to @gamer unlocked?

And thanks in advance, I searched the forums for an explanation and couldn't quite find the answer I'm looking for.

[quote name='chicagocubsfan']Nah, my store still had a good 20 of them.[/QUOTE]

i might have to check my store, because i don't see it when i was trading in today at bb

[quote name='tgk2044']I'm with the guy before, total @gamer noob. Do you have to do anything other than buy the magazine? Or is there something in the magazine just from buying it means you get a free sub to @gamer unlocked?

And thanks in advance, I searched the forums for an explanation and couldn't quite find the answer I'm looking for.[/QUOTE]

you pay $15 fee to sign up for gamers unlocked

[quote name='YBX87']can you still get the ac3 steelbook with preordering, or are they sold out?[/QUOTE]

The best buy in Deptford NJ had about 25 steelbooks. I think they will go a little quicker with this promotion.

[quote name='kevgret']The best buy in Deptford NJ had about 25 steelbooks. I think they will go a little quicker with this promotion.[/QUOTE]

thanks, but i am in nyc lol

[quote name='kevgret']The best buy in Deptford NJ had about 25 steelbooks. I think they will go a little quicker with this promotion.[/QUOTE]

Also available online

[quote name='Kenshindono']i already ordered boarderlands 2 weeks ago. Do i need to cancel and reorder it to get this?[/QUOTE]

No, just make sure you give your GCU ID when purchasing it and your good.

Just checked my RZ Offers and they added Black Ops 2 to the list. Just an FYI...

Edit: D'oh! Already covered in the OP. NM...

I just went and traded a bunch of games to BB with their trade bonus offer and used the credit to pre-order Far Cry 3 and Black Ops 2. Excited both of these come with a $20 reward cert. BB is making my game buying this fall pretty cheap!

Not sure why my post was deleted, Ill try again:

Is anyone else worried about the Whale Oil Lamp not being on the Dishonored page? Do you think the pre order SKU will change?

We all know how stuff can disappear on BB site or never arrive.

[quote name='YBX87']you pay $15 fee to sign up for gamers unlocked[/QUOTE]

Thanks, I didn't know if it came with the purchase of a magazine for cheaper than that, or if that was the price straight up like I saw on the RZ website.

I didn't know a PM deducted from your RZ points. I've PM'd a game that gave you $10 in RZ points before and I don't think it lowered the amount. If that's how this works then this blows lol.

[quote name='confoosious']So this is how they deal with the return the original game and keep the GC problem. Well done, BB.[/QUOTE]

does that surprise you with all the honest ppl on this site? LOL

[quote name='YBX87']does that surprise you with all the honest ppl on this site? LOL[/QUOTE]

nope. It kinda sucks for the honest people as RZ certs are less flexible than GCs. But if that's what they gotta do to keep this train a-rollin, so be it.

the idiots always ruin it for everyone else.

A few things I have noticed so answers...
- PMing doesn't stop you from getting the $20 RZ points. It only reduces your normal points you get for a purchase.
- Halo Lithos were at my location today. They were decent sized.
- AC steelbooks were still at my location. Tons of them.
- Best Buy does not price match on Black Friday pricing.

Warning:
If you pay with RZ, it hurts your price match potential since RZ knocks purchase price down. Be smart with how you use the RZ points if you plan to price match. Titles like AC3 are no brainers for price match potential during release window.

As for me, I will take part. It is good to hear that they heard some of the complaints last year and broke up the deal. :applause: Best Buy, nice job :applause:

[quote name='lordopus99']

Warning:
If you pay with RZ, it hurts your price match potential since RZ knocks purchase price down. Be smart with how you use the RZ points if you plan to price match. Titles like AC3 are no brainers for price match potential during release window.[/QUOTE]

Good heads up. BB itself often puts stuff on sale within the first month.

Hope Amazon matches these because I don't want to spend 15 bucks to be a member plus I'm not a big shopper when it comes to BB. Plus, waiting 30 days for a 20 dollar coupon is just stupid imo.

[quote name='lordopus99']Warning:
If you pay with RZ, it hurts your price match potential since RZ knocks purchase price down. Be smart with how you use the RZ points if you plan to price match. Titles like AC3 are no brainers for price match potential during release window.
[/QUOTE]

Yeah I have enough trade credit now to leave the RZ certs for something else. Need to maximize at all times.

[quote name='segasaturnsnk']Hope Amazon matches these because I don't want to spend 15 bucks to be a member plus I'm not a big shopper when it comes to BB. Plus, waiting 30 days for a 20 dollar coupon is just stupid imo.[/QUOTE]

Well Amazon did not try to match them last year but maybe by breaking the deal up to individual games this will put more pressure on them to do it.

I you are a silver member and do not do this deal it is just wrong. If the 60 day PM is in effect there is almost no way you do not get these game for $20-30. Yes you have to wait but I am finding some patience is needed on CAG. Otherwise you end up with 100 game deep backlogs.

[quote name='segasaturnsnk']Hope Amazon matches these because I don't want to spend 15 bucks to be a member plus I'm not a big shopper when it comes to BB. Plus, waiting 30 days for a 20 dollar coupon is just stupid imo.[/QUOTE]

LOL, ppl need to realize no one is forcing you to get in on this deal, if you don't like it move on.

[quote name='cancerman1120']Well Amazon did not try to match them last year but maybe by breaking the deal up to individual games this will put more pressure on them to do it.

I you are a silver member and do not do this deal it is just wrong. If the 60 day PM is in effect there is almost no way you do not get these game for $20-30. Yes you have to wait but I am finding some patience is needed on CAG. Otherwise you end up with 100 game deep backlogs.[/QUOTE]

I understand, I have a lot of time to think if I should join their membership thingy. I am interested in Borderlands 2 so I have till Sept. to pay up the 15 bucks or not just to get these 20 dollar coupons. I just wish I had a BB much nearer to my home so I can just simply walk there and pick up the game right away. Only thing that's real close is GS. Still plenty of time to decide, still wish I didn't have to wait 30 days for a damn coupon. Could of saved a lot of money on 2k13, RE6, AC3, and etc. right off the bat.

Why is every eligible pre-order title available for In-Store pickup, EXCEPT for Dishonored? Website mistake? Hopefully BB.com changes that.....

[quote name='iduncurr']Guess I'm pre-ordering Black Ops 2 at BB then.[/QUOTE]
If your Best Buy still has any left, they are giving away a physical dog tag with the pre-order.
[quote name='aspen1284']Does every store have lithographs with Halo 4 preorders? This is the first time I've heard about this.[/QUOTE]
My store has them on this halo 4 cardboard stand by the cash register.
[quote name='TheBomb69']So if I am a current subscriber to the magazine I can get in on this?[/QUOTE]
You have to be a current unlocked subscriber at the time of game pick-up. So if your subscription expires, make sure to renew it before picking your game up.
I doubt it, this offer requires a $15 subscription to even participate so amazon might hesitate. They didn't even bother when Best Buy did the $20 eGC for ME3 or Max Payne 3.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back