Best Buy [Unlocked] $20 RZ Cert. Pre-order Promo 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

htz

CAGiversary!
Staff member
Feedback
4 (100%)
**Is Call of Duty Black Ops 2 part of the promo?
Yes, Mike from BB corporate have confirmed this multiple times. You won't see any mention of the promo due to publisher request.

Click here for discussion on the 2013 $20 [Unlocked] RZ Cert. Pre-order Promo.

https://myrewardzone.bestbuy.com/offers/offersandpromotions/info/0900a76f800bed8a

As a Reward Zone Program Gamers Club [Unlocked] member, you get $20 in reward certificates for each game you pre-order and purchase from a select list of titles.

Get $20 in Reward Certificates for each game you pre-order and purchase from the list of unreleased titles below:

Best Buy Pre-order bonuses
[customspoiler=Black Ops 2]
fo_codtag0506.gif

Free Exclusive Dog Tags
when you pre-order Call of Duty: Black Ops II on Xbox 360 or PS3.
fo_doublexp.gif

Call of Duty: Black Ops II Pre-Order Bonus
Test your skills with the Nuketown 2025 multiplayer map and gain access to Double XP Launch Weekend when you pre-order for Xbox 360, PS3 or PC. While supplies last
[/customspoiler]
[customspoiler=Far Cry 3]
fo_lostexp0401_2.gif

The Lost Expeditions Exclusive Bonus
Far Cry 3, The Lost Expeditions Exclusive Bonus Mission Discover the secrets of the island's lost World War II ruins in two exclusive single-player bonus missions and blast away your opponents in multiplayer with the unlocked Type 10 flare gun.

Single Player Mission 1: Forgotten Experiment
Trapped inside a forgotten research facility, your only way out is through the crumbling ruins. To escape, you'll have to activate the old experiments and unleash an electronic storm that could be the end of you.
Single Player Mission 2: Ignition in the Deep
Inside an abandoned military silo, the only thing standing between you and freedom are Vaas' pirates and a forgotten missile leaking a lake of fuel.
Multiplayer: Type 10 Flare Gun
Unlock the power of a gun that's modified to shoot 10-gauge shells.
You'll receive a code via e-mail on the game's release date for in-game access to the bonus content. Valid e-mail address required to receive download code.
[/customspoiler]

Do I have to be a Reward Zone Gamers Club [Unlocked] member to qualify?
Yes, in order to qualify for the promotion customers must be a Reward Zone Gamers Club [Unlocked] member at the time the pre-order is picked up or shipped.

If I am not a member of the Reward Zone Gamers Club [Unlocked], how do I join?
You can only sign up for Gamer’s Club [Unlocked] in store. If you are signing up the day you pick up an eligible pre-order, the pre-order exchange and [Unlocked] sale must be completed on the same receipt.

Is this offer available for both in-store and BestBuy.com purchases?
Yes! Pre-orders and purchases placed both in-store and on BestBuy.com qualify.

Does it count on all editions of the game?
The offer is applicable on all Xbox 360 and PS3 versions of the game such as special editions, limited editions, collector’s editions, etc. (subject to availability). PC, Wii, or any other platform of any of the titles does not qualify as a purchase towards this promotion.

Can I purchase multiple of the same title and still qualify for the promotion?
You can only receive one $20 certificate for each individual title, regardless of version or platform.

There are twelve titles on this list. Can I get 12 $20 certificates if I pre-order and purchase all of them?
Yes! With this offer, members are eligible for up to 12,000 Bonus Reward Zone points if they pre-order and purchase all games.

How do I link my Reward Zone account to my BestBuy.com account to ensure my purchases are tracked?
Check out this handy post by Kyle-BBY with instructions on how to do so.

How long does this promotion run?
The promotion will end 7 days after the last game is released.

When will I get my certificates?
Reward Zone Gamers Club [Unlocked] members will receive their $20 certificate approximately 30 days from the date of pick up or shipping of each title as it is released.

Will I still receive my regular RZ points for making the purchases?
Yes, customers will still receive everyday points per the Reward Zone program rules.

Am I still eligible for all additional offers that might be available for the new games such as DLCs or free merchandise?
Yes, customers are still eligible for additional offers they may come available with these new releases.

If I return any of the games, will I still be eligible?
Any game returned will be disqualified for that title’s $20 certificate offer.

If I pre-order and/or purchase any of the above listed games using a Best Buy gift card or Reward Zone certificates, will they count as a valid pre-order and purchase towards the $20 bonus certificate?
Yes. A pre-order and/or purchase with a Best Buy gift card or Reward Zone certificates will count as an eligible purchase toward the $20 bonus certificate offer. The Reward Zone program rules regarding earning points when a gift card or certificate is used still apply.

If I find a lower price on the game will Best Buy price match?
Yes! Best Buy has a price match guarantee which can be found here.

If I receive a price match from an in-store or BestBuy.com purchased game, will I still qualify for the $20 bonus certificate?
Yes. A price match done in-store or on BestBuy.com within policy will not affect your eligibility for the $20 bonus certificate.

If you want more titles added alert BB of the games here
http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Best-Bu...o/idi-p/531520
PC Gamers request for PC games to be added here
http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Best-Bu...s/idi-p/528964
^Thanks Enuf!
[quote name='lordopus99']$20 Reward Zone Gamer's Club Unlocked for Dummies

1) You will not get your $20 RZ until around the 30-35 day mark (after purchase). Stop worrying about it until that point.
2) The RZ website is far from accurate. Proof in point, the RZ silver bar. Again, see #1. Patience is a virtue.

What does this mean on a purchase?
- RZGC UNLOCKED PO 10 DISCOUNT - Your 10% discount for Pre Owned Games. This will show up for ANY purchase (gaming or not) as long as you are Gamer's Club Unlocked.
- PS-(system)-(game) i.e. PS-X360-RESIDENT EVIL 6 - This is your preorder being deducted from the purchase of the game.

Preorder DLC Bonus - You need to have an email address associated to your Reward Zone account. This is the email address they will send your DLC code to. It typicially can take a day to obtain this. Potentially up to a week. Note your luck of getting this by the time you get home is a crapshoot. Wait a week and then call customer service if you haven't received.

FOR YOUR POINTS...
If your physical receipt shows like below, you should get your $20RZ preorder bonus.

EXCHANGE

Original Tran (Cust Serv Pin) Date

Return Items
Pre-order SKU PS-(system)-(game) 5.00-

Sale Items
SKU Name of Game for above 59.99

The complaining about these points/DLC need to die down. Come on guys/gals...

PATIENCE IS A VIRTUE[/QUOTE]
^Thanks lordopus99!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='htz']If your Best Buy still has any left, they are giving away a physical dog tag with the pre-order.

My store has them on this halo 4 cardboard stand by the cash register.

You have to be a current unlocked subscriber at the time of game pick-up. So if your subscription expires, make sure to renew it before picking your game up.

I doubt it, this offer requires a $15 subscription to even participate so amazon might hesitate. They didn't even bother when Best Buy did the $20 eGC for ME3 or Max Payne 3.[/QUOTE]

I see, I did send Amazon an email, doesn't hurt. Looks like I'm fucked so whatever, Best Buy it is lol.

[quote name='htz']

You have to be a current unlocked subscriber at the time of game pick-up. So if your subscription expires, make sure to renew it before picking your game up.
[/QUOTE]

Yeah many of us signed up in Sept/Oct so be sure to renew if you are getting in on this.

Wow, it looks like I'll be getting Borderlands 2 at BB. I was on the fence about getting NCAA 13 and Madden again this year, but $20 back from each might be enough for me to get them again.

[quote name='confoosious']is a price adjustment considered a return in RZ? Cause that would invalidate the points.[/QUOTE]

It was not on the 5/100 deal last fall but we do not have a definite answer yet.

If it does then I guess it would be up to the person. $40 PM or $20 cert? Pretty much the same thing I guess. The key is to have both :)

NBA 2k13 Best Buy bonus DLC
NBA 2K13 AllStar PreOrder Bonus DLC

Free With Preorder: Preorder NBA 2K13 on Xbox360 or PlayStation3 system and receive the NBA 2K13 All-Star bonus content presented by Sprite and set in Houston's Toyota Center, site of the 2013 NBA All-Star Game. Four Additional Game Modes: Bundled together for the first time ever, players can participate in an all-new Sprite Slam Dunk Contest, Three-Point Contest, the Rising Stars Challenge game and the NBA All-Star Game. Sprite Slam Dunk Contest: New, immersive, pick-up-and-play mechanics give gamers more control than ever before. Take to the air and unleash a series of button combinations to complete devastating slam dunks. Past vs. Present: Who is the better dunker - Michael Jordan or Blake Griffin? Who is the more cold-blooded shooter from outside - Derrick Rose or Kevin Durant? These questions will be answered in the NBA 2K13 All-Star downloadable content. Match the stars of today against the game's greatest legends in both the Sprite Slam Dunk Contest and Three-Point Contest modes. Rising Stars Challenge: Compete with the future stars of the NBA in this mode featuring NBA rookies and sophomores. All-Star Game: It's East vs. West in this midseason battle for conference bragging rights. Dynamic Updates: Rosters for the Rising Stars Challenge and All-Star Game will dynamically update to the 2013 rosters once the participants are announced.

Pre-order now. Token code e-mailed on Release date: 10/2/2012

[quote name='YBX87']man the list is limited, i wish sleeping dog was on that list[/QUOTE]

I was looking for that as well. I don't know about you, but I enjoyed the True Crime Series. I'll enjoy True Crime...I mean Sleeping Dogs when it comes out.

[quote name='segasaturnsnk']Hope Amazon matches these because I don't want to spend 15 bucks to be a member plus I'm not a big shopper when it comes to BB. Plus, waiting 30 days for a 20 dollar coupon is just stupid imo.[/QUOTE]

Unlocked pays for itself in the first month. It's so immensely worth it for deals and trade ins it's not even funny.

[quote name='CheapAssHustla']I was looking for that as well. I don't know about you, but I enjoyed the True Crime Series. I'll enjoy True Crime...I mean Sleeping Dogs when it comes out.[/QUOTE]

yeah, maybe bestbuy will add sleeping dogs to the list. there is still alittle over two months away from its release date. which is 8/14/2012, so here is hope they add it to the list

I remember when Amazon used to give $20 credit for nearly every new release pre-order a year or two ago, and I didn't think it was that good of a deal. Can't see myself jumping on this.

[quote name='Dranakin']I remember when Amazon used to give $20 credit for nearly every new release pre-order a year or two ago, and I didn't think it was that good of a deal. Can't see myself jumping on this.[/QUOTE]

You gotta think of it as this + a pricematch. Makes it a much better deal.

Does anyone know Best Buys standard price- adjustment period? Someone mentioned 60 days for Silver. But how much for just Gamers Unlocked?

[quote name='kelo360']Does anyone know Best Buys standard price- adjustment period? Someone mentioned 60 days for Silver. But how much for just Gamers Unlocked?[/QUOTE]

i believe it is the standard 30 days

[quote name='mgorsi']ok so, every game I pre order and Purchase I will get a $20 gift card? For example i buy madden 13, and get a $20 card, then later, i buy AC III and get another $20?? or is it just for one title[/QUOTE]

You will get $20 for Madden 13 and AC III, $40 total

[quote name='YBX87']i believe it is the standard 30 days[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the heads up.

This changes my strategy. Last year - on Thanksgiving morning around 2am Pacific - Best Buy sold some of the season's hottest games for $30. I got Batman Arkham City and Uncharted 3 for $30/each. I may wait with so many big titles coming out including a possible GTA release date.

Pretty good deal...I'll wind up getting a good bit of them but will probably chain them as follows waiting the 30-35 days for the rewards certificates.

NCAA 7/10
far cry 9/4
re6 10/2
halo4 or blops2 11/6 or 13

Probably wind up getting borderlands and whatever I dont go with for halo 4/blops 2 as well.

I get bored of games fairly quickly so I should probably be able to get the ones im chaining for $10 bucks max. $40 after the rewards certificates with a trade in of one of the prior games for approx 30 (if I cant sell it on craigslist for more). That's not even counting pricematches so its a very solid deal. I'm all stocked up on BB credit after this 100% as well. Excellent stuff BB.

[quote name='drasticfyre']Did this with maxpayne and still havent seen the rewards certificate.[/QUOTE]

Same here and I pre-ordered Max Payne in like October. Does anyone know which is the faster way to get this fixed?

[quote name='drasticfyre']Did this with maxpayne and still havent seen the rewards certificate.[/QUOTE]

Check junk folder if you didnt

[quote name='jkircos']Same here and I pre-ordered Max Payne in like October. Does anyone know which is the faster way to get this fixed?[/QUOTE]

I know they had the issues where if you preorder but then at pickup the store returns the preorder for $5 it screws up all the bonuses. You might check your account and if it doesn't show the 1000 pending points contact customer service.

[quote name='KansasFF']I know they had the issues where if you preorder but then at pickup the store returns the preorder for $5 it screws up all the bonuses. You might check your account and if it doesn't show the 1000 pending points contact customer service.[/QUOTE]

all pre-orders get returned and then they apply it to your purchase.

[quote name='KansasFF']I know they had the issues where if you preorder but then at pickup the store returns the preorder for $5 it screws up all the bonuses. You might check your account and if it doesn't show the 1000 pending points contact customer service.[/QUOTE]

Max Payne wasn't a reward zone point certificate. It was an actual gift card sent as an email. No expiration date, not listed on your RZ account as points. Contact RZ customer service if you didn't get yours yet. I got mine last week.

Thanks to the trade in deal going on I'm going to take advantage of this deal.

I now have Borderlands 2, Halo 4, and Resident Evil 6 on pre-order and fully paid off (thanks to the trade ins).

Thanks OP

What happens if RZ Gamer Unlocked expires AFTER you pre-order?

Debating if I want a $15 Amazon credit on Madden or a $20 RZ cert.

I already pre-ordered NCAA from Amazon for $45, so the upfront cost is cheaper.

[quote name='doubledown']What happens if RZ Gamer Unlocked expires AFTER you pre-order?

Debating if I want a $15 Amazon credit on Madden or a $20 RZ cert.

I already pre-ordered NCAA from Amazon for $45, so the upfront cost is cheaper.[/QUOTE]

You can use the $20 credit to get an amazon gift card

[quote name='kelo360']Does anyone know Best Buys standard price- adjustment period? Someone mentioned 60 days for Silver. But how much for just Gamers Unlocked?[/QUOTE]

I'm assuming it will go back the standard 30 day.

[quote name='sninh']You can use the $20 credit to get an amazon gift card[/QUOTE]

Clever....I think I may keep my Amazon pre-order for NCAA 13, but I might get the rest at Best Buy. $20 RZ certs plus 60 day price match policy....nice.

I know Madden/NCAA have additional promos attached.

NCAA 13:
Amazon gets Pro-Combat Uniforms
Best Buy gets 5 Star QB

Madden 13
Amazon gets Lawrence Taylor
Best Buy gets Jerry Rice
Both should get Andrew Luck for 2012

Well after seeing the MS E3 presser I am really stoked for Halo 4. The game looked just gorgeous. The new Forza game is coming this Oct and it looks good also (not a big racing fan) so maybe it gets added to the list since Forza 4 was on it last year. BLOPS II looks like COD (I will buy it I am sure) but it is a bit too brown so far.

Off topic. Splinter Cell:Blacklist was just awesome. The stuff from the last game combined with the tech created for GR:Future Soldier is pretty sweet. Gears was hard to tell anything. Tomb Raider was sweet but her panting and grunting is still distracting no matter how you try to explain it away. Of yeah South Park looks could. They were hilarious with the whole smart glass thing.

[quote name='cancerman1120']Well after seeing the MS E3 presser I am really stoked for Halo 4. The game looked just gorgeous. The new Forza game is coming this Oct and it looks good also (not a big racing fan) so maybe it gets added to the list since Forza 4 was on it last year. BLOPS II looks like COD (I will buy it I am sure) but it is a bit too brown so far.

Off topic. Splinter Cell:Blacklist was just awesome. The stuff from the last game combined with the tech created for GR:Future Soldier is pretty sweet. Gears was hard to tell anything. Tomb Raider was sweet but her panting and grunting is still distracting no matter how you try to explain it away. Of yeah South Park looks could. They were hilarious with the whole smart glass thing.[/QUOTE]

The BLOPS II demo seemed like the guy was watching more than playing. He just had UAVs take care of everything. Kind of boring IMO

[quote name='cancerman1120']Well after seeing the MS E3 presser I am really stoked for Halo 4. The game looked just gorgeous. The new Forza game is coming this Oct and it looks good also (not a big racing fan) so maybe it gets added to the list since Forza 4 was on it last year. BLOPS II looks like COD (I will buy it I am sure) but it is a bit too brown so far.

Off topic. Splinter Cell:Blacklist was just awesome. The stuff from the last game combined with the tech created for GR:Future Soldier is pretty sweet. Gears was hard to tell anything. Tomb Raider was sweet but her panting and grunting is still distracting no matter how you try to explain it away. Of yeah South Park looks could. They were hilarious with the whole smart glass thing.[/QUOTE]

Halo 4 looked amazing - great new Forerunner weapons.

Splinter Cell Blacklist looked like a mash-up of Ghost Recon, Splinter Cell, and Assassin's Creed

[quote name='mgorsi']damn, someone told me you could only pick one game. But this changes everything, BB will be the place to get my games this Fall[/QUOTE]

I'm glad you finally figured out how the deal works, but no one ever told you that you could only get one game.

I was planning on maybe getting Resident Evil 6 but honestly the demo today just did not do it for me. I don't know what it was put it just seemed clunky. How a game plays really should be the first focus of any development.

hmmmm will probably get these:

Borderlands 2 September 18 September 25
Resident Evil 6 October 2 October 9
Assassin's Creed III October 30 November 7
Halo 4 November 6 November 13

If I was banned from trading in games will that effect this at all? I'm still Unlocked.

also if we preorder these and our Unlocked expires before we pick them up do we still get the bonus? I will more then likely renew anyways but I'm just curious.

[quote name='FlamedLiquid']hmmmm will probably get these:

Borderlands 2 September 18 September 25
Resident Evil 6 October 2 October 9
Assassin's Creed III October 30 November 7
Halo 4 November 6 November 13

If I was banned from trading in games will that effect this at all? I'm still Unlocked.

also if we preorder these and our Unlocked expires before we pick them up do we still get the bonus? I will more then likely renew anyways but I'm just curious.[/QUOTE]

Out of curiosity, how does one get banned from trading in games at Best Buy? I'm thinking of trading in there for the first time this week and just want to know what not to do :)

I got an email from reward zone last week that said I got double points for the rest of the year. I wonder if there's any chance it will apply to this. Doubt it but who knows.

[quote name='WingsDJY']Out of curiosity, how does one get banned from trading in games at Best Buy? I'm thinking of trading in there for the first time this week and just want to know what not to do :)[/QUOTE]

there has been no proven answer to this but most speculate its for trading in more then 3 of a game. doesnt have to be 1 trip either. if you trade in 2 copies of a game and later decide to trade in 2 more it could raise a red flag. Others say its for trading in excessive amounts. we will see if thats the case soon since a bunch of people traded in large amounts sunday.

Wait, so is it possible to completely pay off pre-orders at Best Buy? I tried to pay off a game a couple of years ago and they denied me. I want to go in and pre-order Halo 4 completely but I just want to make sure it's possible.

[quote name='LemonJelllo']Wait, so is it possible to completely pay off pre-orders at Best Buy? I tried to pay off a game a couple of years ago and they denied me. I want to go in and pre-order Halo 4 completely but I just want to make sure it's possible.[/QUOTE]I think you can only completely pay off an online preorder, while in-store you can only put down $5 and no more.

[quote name='LemonJelllo']Wait, so is it possible to completely pay off pre-orders at Best Buy? I tried to pay off a game a couple of years ago and they denied me. I want to go in and pre-order Halo 4 completely but I just want to make sure it's possible.[/QUOTE]

Nope, you can't. Just order it online if you really want to pay it all off.

[quote name='cancerman1120']I was planning on maybe getting Resident Evil 6 but honestly the demo today just did not do it for me. I don't know what it was put it just seemed clunky. How a game plays really should be the first focus of any development.[/QUOTE]
I felt exactly the same way. I think the gun reticule was pissing me off because I'm used to laser dots in Resident Evil 4 and 5. The movement looked clunky too, despite the fact that they can strafe and shoot. Hopefully they can polish this stuff up before launch.

Wonder if they'll add any games to this list? I'd love to see NFS: Most Wanted on here after that awesome demonstration of it during EA's show today.

[quote name='JEFFaJAX23']
I get bored of games fairly quickly so I should probably be able to get the ones im chaining for $10 bucks max. $40 after the rewards certificates with a trade in of one of the prior games for approx 30 (if I cant sell it on craigslist for more). That's not even counting pricematches so its a very solid deal. I'm all stocked up on BB credit after this 100% as well. Excellent stuff BB.[/QUOTE]
Again, a warning... if you chain with the coupons, you will not be able to price match since your price will show 39.99 (which is probably the lowest sale price you will see).

I was thinking Halo 4 and Assassin's Creed III. Then I realized that Ubisoft games drop QUICK, and if its anything like previous years it will be a Black Friday deal at $35.

[quote name='trabbahabba']i was thinking halo 4 and assassin's creed iii. Then i realized that ubisoft games drop quick, and if its anything like previous years it will be a black friday deal at $35.[/quote]

price match!!!!

[quote name='trabbahabba']price match a black friday deal?[/QUOTE]

No but you can buy it on release and either wait to BF if the price does not drop anywhere else return it. Or open it and buy the better price on BF and return that copy. Since you can pick it up on Nov 3 and still get the $20 you will have at least the entire month of Nov to find a price match. Not saying you have to but that is my plan.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back