Photo
- - - - -

Best Buy [Unlocked] $20 RZ Cert. Pre-order Promo 2012

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
6026 replies to this topic

Poll: Which games are you pre-ordering? (3098 member(s) have cast votes)

Which games are you pre-ordering?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#3391 inky1600

inky1600

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 October 2012 - 10:31 PM

If you pre-ordered RE6, you should receive The Rail Yard Mercenaries DLC (I didn't, I had to call Capcom with my BBY information after multiple calls to BBY) and with Borderlands 2, you get The Premiere Club DLC.

Thanks. I will gather my receipts and make some calls.

#3392 advanced

advanced

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 October 2012 - 10:47 PM

inky, you could also PM Gaming-BBY on their forums. It's a bit slower, but far more dependable than calling. Most of those people on the phone have no clue what is what. Personally, when I don't get my preorder DLC, that's what I do (PM Gaming-BBY).

#3393 coopscohen

coopscohen

All Skill, No Luck

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 October 2012 - 11:42 PM

Just picked up Dishonored. Pretty cool lamp. I wonder if its worth rushing though. $27 base value. So basically free rental and free lamp with the $20 promo considering I used a gift card to pay.

#3394 DemonsMaster

DemonsMaster

Jrpg Addicts Anonymous

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 October 2012 - 11:45 PM

Just picked up Dishonored. Pretty cool lamp. I wonder if its worth rushing though. $27 base value. So basically free rental and free lamp with the $20 promo considering I used a gift card to pay.

I'm only about an hour in and already I can tell that this is a game you will want to play through at least 2 or 3 times. It's gonna be a lot of fun to replay without killing anyone.

Also my DLC finally came in e-mail today and I ordered via the pre-order kiosk in store so hopefully everyone who did that also got theirs!

We can learn as much, if not more, from bad games as we can from good ones.

That's my justification and I'm sticking to it.

#3395 knight19

knight19

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 October 2012 - 11:56 PM

inky, you could also PM Gaming-BBY on their forums. It's a bit slower, but far more dependable than calling. Most of those people on the phone have no clue what is what. Personally, when I don't get my preorder DLC, that's what I do (PM Gaming-BBY).

RE: The Rail Yard/RE6 DLC - I PM'd the Gaming BBY and never received a f/u reply (and still haven't). I also sent an email and never received a reply. I called multiple times and was just told to wait. Be prepared to be persistent if you really want them.

#3396 perfectsil

perfectsil

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 October 2012 - 12:00 AM

I like the lamp :) looks like it has blue flame lol. was thinking about selling it on ebay for $15-20 but I'm keeping it

#3397 DiaperDandee

DiaperDandee

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 October 2012 - 12:04 AM

I pre-ordered RE6, picked it up and exchanged it for the Anthology version at another store. I don't see any acknowledgement of getting the $20 code, is there a reason why? Should I have the points "pending" in my recent purchase history yet?

#3398 inky1600

inky1600

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 October 2012 - 12:28 AM

Hey thanks a lot man! I found the link a few pages back and used that(also mentioning that there are no 1000 point pending for my Resident Evil 6 Anthology preorder). Curious to see what the mods can do there. Thanks again!

#3399 JohnWayne

JohnWayne

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 October 2012 - 12:35 AM

Did anybody else's 1000 points from PO NBA or RE6 just dissapeared from their account? I checked earlier today and saw that I had 1000 points pending and I just checked now and it just dissapeared?

#3400 loomis1975

loomis1975

Cell Block CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 October 2012 - 12:49 AM

I like the lamp :) looks like it has blue flame lol. was thinking about selling it on ebay for $15-20 but I'm keeping it

My wife likes the lamp, I got home from work and she already has it lit up and on display on top of the HTPC.

#3401 Kyden139

Kyden139

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 October 2012 - 01:14 AM

RE: The Rail Yard/RE6 DLC - I PM'd the Gaming BBY and never received a f/u reply (and still haven't). I also sent an email and never received a reply. I called multiple times and was just told to wait. Be prepared to be persistent if you really want them.

Standard reply time on the forums is 3-5 business days. Sometimes it does take longer - depends on the volume they have to reply to. So yes, just be patient.

Kyden139.png

#3402 the_punisher

the_punisher

Dare enter the metro.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 October 2012 - 01:39 AM

Wait you have to be UNLOCKED......

Shit, any way for me to still get credit from RE6 or is it too late?

Money comes and goes, but deals don't last forever ;)

If anime was mainstream, would it be as satisfying?

#3403 HakurenKyo06

HakurenKyo06

Duane Follower.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 October 2012 - 01:42 AM

OH MAN I PICKED UP MY COPY OF DISHONORED ON TUESDAY WHY ARENT MY POINTS SHOWING UP.

Jokes aside, amazing game, sold the DLC for 15 and oil lamp for 15, after fee's, $24 off dishonoed with $20 cert and 60 day pricematch, not too bad.

#3404 Confucius

Confucius

Corporate Shill

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 October 2012 - 01:46 AM

OH MAN I PICKED UP MY COPY OF DISHONORED ON TUESDAY WHY ARENT MY POINTS SHOWING UP.

Jokes aside, amazing game, sold the DLC for 15 and oil lamp for 15, after fee's, $24 off dishonoed with $20 cert and 60 day pricematch, not too bad.

What is the dlc BB gives you?

#3405 HakurenKyo06

HakurenKyo06

Duane Follower.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 October 2012 - 01:52 AM

What is the dlc BB gives you?

Shadow Rat Pack:

Delicate Touch Enhancement (breaking glass noise reduction)
Voyeur Enhancement (keyhole peeping magnification)
Deep Breather Enhancement (underwater breathing capacity bonus)
In-Game Golden Rat Statue (unlocks additional enhancement slot)
In-Game Book: Field Notes: The Royal Spy
500 Bonus Coins

#3406 htz

htz

CAGiversary 3.0!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 October 2012 - 01:56 AM

I have all the pre-order bonuses listed for each game in the OP. Just click the name of the game.

#3407 Confucius

Confucius

Corporate Shill

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 October 2012 - 02:19 AM

Thanks. I might sell mine

#3408 Death by Kuvasz

Death by Kuvasz

Cheap Ass Buckeye

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 October 2012 - 04:44 AM

That's my plan, although not rushing, but game isn't that long. Getting ready to get into the last mission of my stealth/no kill/no powers run, then I will do the kill everything run. I'll probably be done tomorrow night and if the $27 holds for the next two days that's $43.20 after the 50% trade bonus and 10% unlocked. Plus sold the DLC and lamp, so free game and $20 cert, not bad.
Posted Image

#3409 blume3

blume3

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 October 2012 - 05:34 AM

have to say I'm tempted to do this, especially since I am pretty disappointed with gamestop. I need to look into pre-ordering online.

#3410 JohnWayne

JohnWayne

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 October 2012 - 06:15 AM

have to say I'm tempted to do this, especially since I am pretty disappointed with gamestop. I need to look into pre-ordering online.

Do it, GameStop is evil.

#3411 ajh2298

ajh2298

2009 Stanley Cup Champs

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 October 2012 - 12:20 PM

If you are only going to play through the game (Dishonored or RE6) once is the DLC even worth keeping?
----------------------------------------------------------------------

#3412 prayformojo

prayformojo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 October 2012 - 02:01 PM

I pre-ordered Dishonored Monday night, but have not picked the game up yet. I do not have the pre-order DLC email yet, does this indicate that I won't get it or the $20 credit since I pre-ordered so late or do you have to actually pick the game up to get sent the codes. I rented it for free from redbox to make sure I would enjoy it and love it, but don't want to pay $59.99 for it unless I get the extras. Thanks.

#3413 sninh

sninh

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 October 2012 - 02:07 PM

You want the extras for a game you haven't even picked up yet?

#3414 lordopus99

lordopus99

Training for the silver

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 October 2012 - 02:10 PM

I pre-ordered RE6, picked it up and exchanged it for the Anthology version at another store. I don't see any acknowledgement of getting the $20 code, is there a reason why? Should I have the points "pending" in my recent purchase history yet?

You more than likely will not get it since your preordered version was returned.

#3415 prayformojo

prayformojo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 October 2012 - 02:15 PM

You want the extras for a game you haven't even picked up yet?

I just want to make sure I qualify for the $20 credit if I pick the game up, usually you can't pre-order the night before, but this week it was different.

#3416 SadPanda99

SadPanda99

I hate know it alls

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 October 2012 - 02:16 PM

Another 20$ posted, but still no Dishonored DLC.

After pm their gaming department, I got my key. So now I'm hoping for the normal process to send me another key that I can sell on EBay. It might happen LOL

Edited by stoned99, 11 October 2012 - 02:47 PM.

Posted Image

PM me to trade for EA PGA 11, MMA, Shift 2 Season Passes

#3417 Sindur

Sindur

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 October 2012 - 02:33 PM

has anyone who pre-ordered and picked up anthology or archives had their 1,000 bonus points show up [pending] yet?

I picked up anthology on release day, and my transaction shows up fine, just no preorder bonus

#3418 bojay1997

bojay1997

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 October 2012 - 02:35 PM

has anyone who pre-ordered and picked up anthology or archives had their 1,000 bonus points show up [pending] yet?

I picked up anthology on release day, and my transaction shows up fine, just no preorder bonus

Nope and many of us have posted on the Bestbuy.com forums and they haven't responded to us. I sort of knew there was going to be a problem when I preordered it online because it wasn't super clear that the promotion applied to it even though the forum moderators on BestBuy.com swore up and down it was. There is clearly a problem as I not only have my Dishonored points pending, but they just posted this morning and I now have a $20 cert ready to use.

#3419 jcp42877

jcp42877

Semper Fortis

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 October 2012 - 03:03 PM

I was one of the Anthology buyers and called CS a couple days ago. The lady put a "note" on my account with a claim number. Said if points didn't show up in alloted time, call back up with the claim numer and they should just post the $20 manually.

I mean its clear off my transactions that I preordered it in time. The only thing that may be different in MY case is that I went back that night to PM Anthology and they did some weird process that looks as of they returned my original copy and rerung it up, possibly voiding the promo.

Either way...you can be damn sure I'm getting my $20.

#3420 YBX87

YBX87

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 October 2012 - 03:19 PM

I just want to make sure I qualify for the $20 credit if I pick the game up, usually you can't pre-order the night before, but this week it was different.

yes, you can preorder the night before. many ppl have done that. if you do not pickup your game. you are not going to receive the $20 and the dlc code.