Photo
- - - - -

Best Buy [Unlocked] $20 RZ Cert. Pre-order Promo 2012

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
6026 replies to this topic

Poll: Which games are you pre-ordering? (3098 member(s) have cast votes)

Which games are you pre-ordering?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#3421 prayformojo

prayformojo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 October 2012 - 04:28 PM

yes, you can preorder the night before. many ppl have done that. if you do not pickup your game. you are not going to receive the $20 and the dlc code.

Thanks, picking it up after work, loved what I played of it.

#3422 KENFL0

KENFL0

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 October 2012 - 04:47 PM

I pre-ordered Dishonored Monday night, but have not picked the game up yet. I do not have the pre-order DLC email yet, does this indicate that I won't get it or the $20 credit since I pre-ordered so late or do you have to actually pick the game up to get sent the codes. I rented it for free from redbox to make sure I would enjoy it and love it, but don't want to pay $59.99 for it unless I get the extras. Thanks.

How did you manage to order it for instore pickup on the last day of preorder? I had to get it shipped to me. I got my DLC code before it even got shipped. I still haven't got the $20 posted to my account though but it hasn't been 5 days yet so not worried yet.

#3423 YBX87

YBX87

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 October 2012 - 04:51 PM

How did you manage to order it for instore pickup on the last day of preorder? I had to get it shipped to me. I got my DLC code before it even got shipped. I still haven't got the $20 posted to my account though but it hasn't been 5 days yet so not worried yet.

if you call in within one hour, after placing your online order. you have the option of switching it to instore pickup. i did it with fifa 13 last time.

#3424 Irukandji

Irukandji

Gold Guns Girls

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 October 2012 - 06:12 PM

Well it surpassed 35 days since I preordered borderlands. I had to call customer service. 30 minutes later I got my $20 certificate, they still didn't give me the $63.84 in points that I spent on the game. I don't feel like calling again and I really shouldn't have to. I'm happy for everybody that is having luck with this promo, but I'm done with preorders at Best Buy.

card.png

#3425 Royal High Knight

Royal High Knight

Call me SeƱor Pink

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 October 2012 - 06:23 PM

Well it surpassed 35 days since I preordered borderlands. I had to call customer service. 30 minutes later I got my $20 certificate, they still didn't give me the $63.84 in points that I spent on the game. I don't feel like calling again and I really shouldn't have to. I'm happy for everybody that is having luck with this promo, but I'm done with preorders at Best Buy.

Isn't it 30 days after pickup you get your $20. The game came out 9/18. Now im not the smartest guy, but I know it hasn't been 35 days bewteen then and now.

#3426 jamesdevil

jamesdevil

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 October 2012 - 06:47 PM

2k13 points cleared for me sometime today.

#3427 YBX87

YBX87

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 October 2012 - 06:47 PM

Isn't it 30 days after pickup you get your $20. The game came out 9/18. Now im not the smartest guy, but I know it hasn't been 35 days bewteen then and now.

hey, how can you question a cag member, you know most of them have phds, and are lawyers, doctors , and working for fortune 500 companies. there is no way they can be wrong.

#3428 Jive689

Jive689

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 October 2012 - 06:48 PM

I just want to make sure I qualify for the $20 credit if I pick the game up, usually you can't pre-order the night before, but this week it was different.

I dont see it being an issue either. I pre-ordered my copy around 12:30am Monday. Received my dlc code shortly after the game shipped and my bonus points posted as pending this morning :-)

#3429 Kyden139

Kyden139

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 October 2012 - 07:12 PM

You say they owe you points for $64. 1) tax doesn't get points. 2) how did you pay? Gift card, pitch-in card, reward cert, BB prepaid visa all don't give points. 3) if you used cash or credit card, did you try adding it via the report missing points option? You'd need the amount and customer service pin from the receipt.

#3430 prayformojo

prayformojo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 October 2012 - 07:34 PM

I went to the store at about 8:30pm Monday night and did it in person. I was surprised it worked as was the sales agent, thus my concern over it actually not showing up as a pre-sell. I've got the receipts so if something comes up I do have proof.

#3431 jrr6415sun

jrr6415sun

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 October 2012 - 10:07 PM

i preordered anthology still haven't received the $20 bonus (not pending on my account)

I received the bonus for fifa and borderlands just fine

#3432 edson13

edson13

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 October 2012 - 10:12 PM

Another 20$ posted, but still no Dishonored DLC.

After pm their gaming department, I got my key. So now I'm hoping for the normal process to send me another key that I can sell on EBay. It might happen LOL

Wow, maybe I should PM them again, Ive been waiting on a response to my fifa code for 2 weeks now. Thought it just took this long.

#3433 PhilsUtley26

PhilsUtley26

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 October 2012 - 10:49 PM

No pending points for Anthology edition, but its early.

#3434 jcp42877

jcp42877

Semper Fortis

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 October 2012 - 11:05 PM

ended up getting an extra Dishonored DLC code on my dad's email for some reason. Called me and told me he got it and emailed me the code.

Up for grabs for anyone willing to trade/buy it. Otherwise it's hitting ebay since I already used my code in-game.

#3435 Saix_XIII

Saix_XIII

Video Game Addict

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 October 2012 - 11:10 PM

ended up getting an extra Dishonored DLC code on my dad's email for some reason. Called me and told me he got it and emailed me the code.

Up for grabs for anyone willing to trade/buy it. Otherwise it's hitting ebay since I already used my code in-game.

And you're sure the codes are different? Best Buy puts a code on the receipt and emails an identical code as a backup.

532919.pngsig.gif

Repetition in a game is NOT a bad thing, almost all games are repetitive. What matters is if YOU enjoy the game, then the repetition becomes enjoyable and doesn't feel monotonous or boring.
My Trade List

#3436 slowdive21

slowdive21

CAG Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 October 2012 - 11:11 PM

had 1000 pending points in my account this morning. They were not pending on my b2 or dishonored transactions. Now the 1000 points are gone and I do not have any certs.

Still waiting on my 1000 from B2 and 1000 from dishonored.

#3437 jcp42877

jcp42877

Semper Fortis

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 October 2012 - 11:22 PM

And you're sure the codes are different? Best Buy puts a code on the receipt and emails an identical code as a backup.

Whew..glad you mentioned this. Had already made an ebay listing...had to delete it fast lol.

#3438 lwhitit

lwhitit

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 12:04 AM

Their system is wierd. I got my dishonored code and the 1 min later i got an extra nba 2k13 code. Were your codes labeled the same? My nba codes were labeled differently but had the same content.

#3439 Finch106

Finch106

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 12:10 AM

I didn't get a code at all anywhere. Dammit.

#3440 Deader2818

Deader2818

Flipadelphia!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 03:39 AM

Well, Dishonored Purchase dropped as pending but the 1,000 didn't Ill give it a few days like RE6.

Hope it went through well. They forgot to give me the Whale Oil lamp so they had to return the game and then re ring it with the lamp to give it to me. The top of it says Exchange so hopefully that keeps everything right.

#3441 bojay1997

bojay1997

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 03:43 AM

No pending points for Anthology edition, but its early.

Actually it's not early. Many of us already received our Dishonored $20/1000 points already and it's been ten days since release, so the points should already show as pending. There is clearly a problem on Best Buy's end and they are not responding to us on their help forums.

#3442 shurija

shurija

Geronimo!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 03:57 AM

I got my Borderlands 2 preorder all perfect - DLC came in early and 1000 RZ points posted shortly after. Now, with Dishonored...I'm getting trouble from every direction. I couldn't get the Whale Oil USB Lamp from the Best Buy that i picked up in because they won't change their inventory for preorders done online. Now, I just realized that my Dishonored is not showing the 1000 points pending. I sent a PM to their Gaming Rep on the forums and giving it a few more days before I lose my patience.

154512.png

:360: Nothing at the moment

:pc: Diablo 3: Reaper of Souls

:ps3: Nothing at the moment

:ps4: Middle Earth: Shadow of Mordor / NBA 2k15 / Alien: Isolation

jionekanji.png

#3443 jamesdevil

jamesdevil

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 04:01 AM

The game came out 3 days ago. I've had my pending not show up for sometimes a week and without fail it always gets done. I hope this board is just a vocal minority and the majority of people doing this promo aren't freaking out daily to the CS reps.

Last year with the 5 for $100 promo we had to wait the entire 35 day standard waiting period (first world problems) and with this I'm getting 20 bucks cleared within a week most of the time. With their trade-in deals I'm going to end up paying mere dollars for several huge releases. It's a great promotion and the entitlement/demanding of people is ridiculous.

#3444 JohnWayne

JohnWayne

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 04:04 AM

My freakin nba points keep appearing and dissapearing in my pending points. This is like the 3rd day in a row where they showed that I had them pending then i check later on in the day and their gone.

#3445 jcp42877

jcp42877

Semper Fortis

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 04:06 AM

I kind of stopped caring if they show up or don't. I still have RE6 Anthology points not pending, let alone my Dishonored bonus ones.

I'm not worried though, because after those 30 days, all it takes is a little bitchin on the CS line and my $40 would be posted in mere minutes.

But, I have faith that won't be the route I have to take.

#3446 Clown069

Clown069

Posted 12 October 2012 - 04:08 AM

eh i just checked and my 1000 from Dishonored isn't showing up either. BL2 was automatically pending. Also my store only got 4 of the oil lamps....so didn't get one of those. lame
Posted Image

#3447 PhilsUtley26

PhilsUtley26

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 04:09 AM

Actually it's not early. Many of us already received our Dishonored $20/1000 points already and it's been ten days since release, so the points should already show as pending. There is clearly a problem on Best Buy's end and they are not responding to us on their help forums.

I'm not worried as I'm sure they will fix the problem. As long as I get it before Black Ops 2 I'll be fine. Worse case you whine to customer service they give you $20 gc and something extra for the inconvenience.

#3448 bojay1997

bojay1997

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 04:10 AM

The game came out 3 days ago. I've had my pending not show up for sometimes a week and without fail it always gets done. I hope this board is just a vocal minority and the majority of people doing this promo aren't freaking out daily to the CS reps.

Last year with the 5 for $100 promo we had to wait the entire 35 day standard waiting period (first world problems) and with this I'm getting 20 bucks cleared within a week most of the time. With their trade-in deals I'm going to end up paying mere dollars for several huge releases. It's a great promotion and the entitlement/demanding of people is ridiculous.

Yes, and I have not only received the 1000 pending Dishonored points, but I was able to print out my certificate today. The pending points are important because they become valid 30-35 days from the date you preordered. Is the program supposed to work that way? No, it's not advertised that way but it does. So, given that the have chosen to run it in a way different than advertised, I don't feel bad about calling them out for posting the pending points for everyone who preordered RE6, but not the Anthology that I preordered.

#3449 aircobra

aircobra

Posted 12 October 2012 - 04:16 AM

Actually it's not early. Many of us already received our Dishonored $20/1000 points already and it's been ten days since release, so the points should already show as pending.

Umm...it came out this week. So the only people that got their points already are the ones that call and complain.

#3450 bojay1997

bojay1997

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 04:24 AM

Umm...it came out this week. So the only people that got their points already are the ones that call and complain.

I preordered Dishonored in August. My game shipped from Best Buy on Thursday of last week. It arrived on Tuesday morning and by Tuesday night, the points were pending. My points posted today and I was able to print my certificate. So, no, I didn't need to complain. Everyone I have seen post here and elsewhere already has their RE6 points pending. Mine don't appear anywhere other than the basic 2X points plus Silver bonus, so that's why I'm concerned. RE6 has been out for ten days now. The points typically start pending within 3-5 days.