Photo
- - - - -

Best Buy [Unlocked] $20 RZ Cert. Pre-order Promo 2012

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
6026 replies to this topic

Poll: Which games are you pre-ordering? (3098 member(s) have cast votes)

Which games are you pre-ordering?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#4231 Killbomb

Killbomb

Waiting for Darkness

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 October 2012 - 06:29 AM

If I pre ordered doing in store pick up at best buy will they do price match of ac3 at customer service or will I have to call so I can price match either Kmart or toys r us price without losing my pre order certificate

Wondering this as well.
Posted Image

Posted Image

#4232 Blackout

Blackout

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 October 2012 - 06:50 AM

But BBY gives you 80 other coupons throughout the year in the @Gamer mag. The GS coupon is also on used games. Not really sure why this is even a complaint. It is easy to find 3 $39.99 and below games to use this coupon on. Also, no one is forcing you to use it. Are you buying some digital content just because they are giving you 10% off?

I guess you're right. Some of the coupons in the year are pretty good. I've just been kind of disappointed so far with the way the program is set up and the problems I've had with my points and account.

#4233 jamesdevil

jamesdevil

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 October 2012 - 09:29 AM

hmm so if i preorder ac3, then price martch kmart. it will drop to 49.99. i can then use my 20 dollar credit from my last preorder to drop the price to 29.99. so basically half off. will they price match the other credit that kmart offers and drop the game to 19.99??

In store pickup is considered an online transaction and you will have to call. While it'd be nice to just do things all at once I find the CS reps over the phone to be superior to the people at the store. At least more cordial and efficient.

#4234 eXiON

eXiON

A Wild CAG has appeared!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 October 2012 - 09:31 AM

Goddamn it! I totally deserve missing out on that ACIII steelbook lol, I was hoping my pending points would clear up so I could use the RZ Cert on it. But noticed the steelbook is sold out and actually listed at $50.xx.

Might take a shot at my local BB and see if they have one hiding by itself or something, if not ah well guess I'll wait till ACIII drops now. At least I can clear some of my backlog now, lol.

#4235 jcp42877

jcp42877

Semper Fortis

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 October 2012 - 02:37 PM

In store pickup is considered an online transaction and you will have to call. While it'd be nice to just do things all at once I find the CS reps over the phone to be superior to the people at the store. At least more cordial and efficient.

That's because with phoneline CS, whatever computer they're in front of is essentially a master computer. They could credit you $5000 in RZ certs with the hit of a few keys on keyboard and a couple of clicks. It always makes me wonder who is supervising what THEY do.
Posted Image

#4236 Mistahdobalina

Mistahdobalina

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 October 2012 - 02:49 PM

I was told I haven't received my $20 certificate from Borderlands 2 because I pre-ordered with a gift card. In the FAQ it says you are still eligible if you use a gift card to get the promotion. Anyone else have this problem?

#4237 TooPoor

TooPoor

∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 October 2012 - 03:05 PM

I was told I haven't received my $20 certificate from Borderlands 2 because I pre-ordered with a gift card. In the FAQ it says you are still eligible if you use a gift card to get the promotion. Anyone else have this problem?

You were lied to. Gift cards do not affect the $20, at least it shouldn't.

Mathematically Correct.
Use factual statements, logical deductions, mathematical calculations and objective analysis; not rage.

My Trade List

NI_YA_SHA_BI.png

#4238 Sway

Sway

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 October 2012 - 03:14 PM

Got the email to pickup AC3 tomorrow. Anyone else planning to go to the midnight launch? If so, what time are you going to show up?

#4239 seanr1221

seanr1221

Posted 29 October 2012 - 03:17 PM

Got the email to pickup AC3 tomorrow. Anyone else planning to go to the midnight launch? If so, what time are you going to show up?

I'm near Philly so I guarantee my BB will be closed. I probably wouldn't go out until Wednesday anyway.

#4240 advanced

advanced

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 October 2012 - 03:26 PM

I've preordered Borderlands 2, RE6 and NBA 2K13 with RZ certs so I paid $0 out of pocket on the preorder and I've still received the $20 cert for all three.

I'll be picking up AC3 either tomorrow or Thursday. Hopefully tomorrow, but I don't think so.

#4241 MochaRaf

MochaRaf

I Come Here Often...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 October 2012 - 03:30 PM

Even if I wanted to, I couldn't :/.

A. My store in Miami isn't having a midnight opening
B. I am stuck in New York due to the storm, lol...

And since I am already posting I may as well ask about BLOPS2, where exactly does it state that it qualifies for the $20 reward certificate? I looked at the qualifying games list (both old and new) and it wasn't listed there, also spoke to a phone representative and he told me he didn't see it on the list of qualifying games either. Any help would be appreciated, as going through this thread page after page is getting tiresome.

#4242 ritchardf

ritchardf

add ritchardf on psn and xbox live

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 October 2012 - 03:31 PM

I used a giftcard for madden and borderlands and had no problem. Even pricematched madden and it was put back on the gift card.

#4243 GodSmackedMe

GodSmackedMe

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 October 2012 - 03:40 PM

And since I am already posting I may as well ask about BLOPS2, where exactly does it state that it qualifies for the $20 reward certificate? I looked at the qualifying games list (both old and new) and it wasn't listed there, also spoke to a phone representative and he told me he didn't see it on the list of qualifying games either. Any help would be appreciated, as going through this thread page after page is getting tiresome.

#4244 Rowdy1854

Rowdy1854

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 October 2012 - 03:47 PM

Even if I wanted to, I couldn't :/.

My store had signs up promoting the $20 when pre-ordering BLOPS2

#4245 MochaRaf

MochaRaf

I Come Here Often...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 October 2012 - 03:48 PM

Just did, it's not list there for me either. Is it showing up for you?

Edit: Nvm, just found it.. I actually had to go to offers and promotion and click on that list and not the one featured on the front page. Thanks for the help

#4246 dc delta90

dc delta90

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 October 2012 - 03:52 PM

Just did, it's not list there for me either. Is it showing up for you?

Edit: Nvm, just found it.. I actually had to go to offers and promotion and click on that list and not the one featured on the front page. Thanks for the help

It's there. You have to be logged in to see it. Log in to your RZ account, then go to Gamers Club offers and then see all offers. It's there. It qualifies for the offer.

#4247 dc delta90

dc delta90

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 October 2012 - 04:00 PM

And did anybody notice this? http://www.bestbuy.c...cat264800050003

2013 Titles
Bioshock Infinite
Crysis 3
Deadspace 3
Gears of War Judgement
God of War Ascension
GTA V
Injustice Gods Amongst Us
The Last of Us
Metal Gear Rising Revengeance
South Park Stick of Truth
Splinter Cell Blacklist
Tomb Raider

Also, BBY just launched a new preorder system in stores. You can now put down any amount you want up to the full amount (minimum of $5) but can only do that once (can't put down $5 today, $20 later, etc.). Also, it's a different kind of transaction so the whole return/exchange thing will be a thing of the past.

This only applies to titles releasing in 2013 going forward, so all the current titles will still be under the old system.

#4248 ajh2298

ajh2298

2009 Stanley Cup Champs

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 October 2012 - 04:03 PM

2013 Titles
Bioshock Infinite
Crysis 3
Deadspace 3
Gears of War Judgement
God of War Ascension
GTA V
The Last of Us
Splinter Cell Blacklist
Tomb Raider

Also, BBY just launched a new preorder system in stores. You can now put down any amount you want up to the full amount (minimum of $5) but can only do that once (can't put down $5 today, $20 later, etc.). Also, it's a different kind of transaction so the whole return/exchange thing will be a thing of the past.

This only applies to titles releasing in 2013 going forward, so all the current titles will still be under the old system.

Crap BB is going to have me for at least 4 more games next year.
----------------------------------------------------------------------

#4249 ger2396

ger2396

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 October 2012 - 04:04 PM

Just got shipping notice for AC 3, does bestbuy do overnight shipping?

#4250 Royal High Knight

Royal High Knight

Drip Drip Drop

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 October 2012 - 04:06 PM

7 more games for me. BTW I know this was discussed a week or two ago, but is black ops 2 no longer part of the $20 RZ GC?

#4251 Sway

Sway

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 October 2012 - 04:08 PM

Wow. Really happy to see this promo continue. It's definitely worth it to be an Unlocked member now if you were on the fence.

#4252 Saix_XIII

Saix_XIII

Video Game Addict

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 October 2012 - 04:11 PM

2013 Titles
Bioshock Infinite
Crysis 3
Deadspace 3
Gears of War Judgement
God of War Ascension
GTA V
The Last of Us
Splinter Cell Blacklist
Tomb Raider

Woo Dead Space 3 and The Last of Us for me!

532919.pngsig.gif

Repetition in a game is NOT a bad thing, almost all games are repetitive. What matters is if YOU enjoy the game, then the repetition becomes enjoyable and doesn't feel monotonous or boring.
My Trade List

#4253 kelo360

kelo360

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 October 2012 - 04:12 PM

Crap BB is going to have me for at least 4 more games next year.

In for Bioshock, GTA and The Last of Us!!! I wish Aliens Colonial Marines was on the list!

#4254 Deader2818

Deader2818

Flipadelphia!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 October 2012 - 04:20 PM

Yeah, they got me for like, 7 games,lol.

#4255 advanced

advanced

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 October 2012 - 04:21 PM

Wow, Best Buy. Take my money already!

#4256 YBX87

YBX87

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 October 2012 - 04:22 PM

damn it, my guc membership expires in feburary, lol. i am going to have to renew soon

#4257 Sway

Sway

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 October 2012 - 04:29 PM

Here's the list in order of release if anyone needed some info on planning out purchases. The first date is the one listed by Best Buy. If it says 12/31, it's a placeholder date which prompted me to check Amazon for a date. The latest I could find for GTA V was spring and for the Last of Us was just 2013.

2013 Titles
Deadspace 3 12/31 (2/5 Amazon)
Metal Gear Rising Revengeance 2/19
Bioshock Infinite 2/26
Crysis 3 12/31 (2/28 Amazon)
South Park Stick of Truth 12/31 (3/5 Amazon)
Tomb Raider (no date) (3/5 Amazon)
God of War Ascension 3/12
Gears of War Judgement 3/19
Splinter Cell Blacklist 12/31 (4/1 Amazon)
Injustice Gods Amongst Us 12/31 (4/? Joystiq)

GTA V 12/31 (spring?)
The Last of Us 12/31 (unknown)

#4258 boogie4114

boogie4114

Enthusiastic Gamer!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 October 2012 - 04:29 PM

Where's Enuf at. We need him to get a poll going so we can get Beyond Two Souls on this list cuz it would get my vote asap.

#4259 MochaRaf

MochaRaf

I Come Here Often...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 October 2012 - 04:31 PM

In for Bioshock, GTA and The Last of Us!!! I wish Aliens Colonial Marines was on the list!

Have you noticed how BBY doesn't even have A:CM isted yet for Xbx360/PS3? My local gaming rep tried looking it up using the SKU, and said I can Pre-order that way. Just found it odd that they haven't made the item available yet to Pre-order when they have the Wii version up for Pre-order as well as other titles that are being released after A:CM

#4260 shady520

shady520

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 October 2012 - 04:32 PM

This sucks, I am probably going to be in for 12 more games then (maybe 11 without injustice).