Photo
- - - - -

Best Buy [Unlocked] $20 RZ Cert. Pre-order Promo 2012

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
6026 replies to this topic

Poll: Which games are you pre-ordering? (3098 member(s) have cast votes)

Which games are you pre-ordering?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#4261 Pliskin

Pliskin

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 October 2012 - 04:34 PM

This is awesome, I'll be in for at least eight of those titles. I now gotta try and hit silver for next year so I can still PM for up to 60 days. I'm a few hundred short but I'm sure I can pass it when I start X-Mas shopping. Thanks BB. :bouncy:

Where's Enuf at. We need him to get a poll going so we can get Beyond Two Souls on this list cuz it would get my vote asap.

+1

#4262 PRrambo

PRrambo

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 October 2012 - 04:37 PM

And did anybody notice this? http://www.bestbuy.c...cat264800050003

2013 Titles
Bioshock Infinite
Crysis 3
Deadspace 3
Gears of War Judgement
God of War Ascension
GTA V
Injustice Gods Amongst Us
The Last of Us
Metal Gear Rising Revengeance
South Park Stick of Truth
Splinter Cell Blacklist
Tomb Raider

Also, BBY just launched a new preorder system in stores. You can now put down any amount you want up to the full amount (minimum of $5) but can only do that once (can't put down $5 today, $20 later, etc.). Also, it's a different kind of transaction so the whole return/exchange thing will be a thing of the past.

This only applies to titles releasing in 2013 going forward, so all the current titles will still be under the old system.

Posted Image

#4263 GodSmackedMe

GodSmackedMe

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 October 2012 - 04:38 PM

Awesome.

Here's the pretty little date list like the one in the op.

http://www.bestbuy.c...cat275100050005

Edit: actually, looks like they updated the one in the op, so its the same one. Or one of you updated it already :)

#4264 jcp42877

jcp42877

Semper Fortis

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 October 2012 - 04:43 PM

Am I missing something here?

All I'm seeing is a list of upcoming releases that everyone already knew were coming out Q1 and Q2 of next year.

I'm not seeing the "deal"?

EDIT: Ahh...part of the $20 promo..
Posted Image

#4265 TooPoor

TooPoor

∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 October 2012 - 04:48 PM

My FIFA 13 points cleared. And I got to ask a stupid question (sorry...):
I was issued a $30 cert, is it one time redeem only (like it said in the fine print), or I can use it several smaller amount transactions?

Mathematically Correct.

Use factual statements, logical deductions, mathematical calculations and objective analysis; not rage.

My Trade List

NI_YA_SHA_BI.png

#4266 Saix_XIII

Saix_XIII

Video Game Addict

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 October 2012 - 04:48 PM

All I can say is
Posted Image

532919.pngsig.gif

Repetition in a game is NOT a bad thing, almost all games are repetitive. What matters is if YOU enjoy the game, then the repetition becomes enjoyable and doesn't feel monotonous or boring.
My Trade List

#4267 Sway

Sway

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 October 2012 - 04:51 PM

My FIFA 13 points cleared. And I got to ask a stupid question (sorry...):
I was issued a $30 cert, is it one time redeem only (like it said in the fine print), or I can use it several smaller amount transactions?

I believe you have to have a total exceeding the amount of the certificate in a single transaction. I tried to buy a $4.99 game two or three months ago and couldn't use a $5 certificate.

#4268 TooPoor

TooPoor

∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 October 2012 - 04:55 PM

I believe you have to have a total exceeding the amount of the certificate in a single transaction. I tried to buy a $4.99 game two or three months ago and couldn't use a $5 certificate.

That sucks.....Okay thanks a lot.

EDIT: And thanks to Evolved. It is sure a dilemma, you issue at $5, then some will have a earlier exp date. Issuing at $20 will extend the exp date (so to speak), but then I can't buy $4.99 games with it ...

Mathematically Correct.

Use factual statements, logical deductions, mathematical calculations and objective analysis; not rage.

My Trade List

NI_YA_SHA_BI.png

#4269 Evolved

Evolved

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 October 2012 - 04:56 PM

Correct, what you're buying has to cost more than the cert.

#4270 KENFL0

KENFL0

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 October 2012 - 04:58 PM

I'll be in for like 5-7 games on that list

#4271 Bosamba

Bosamba

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 October 2012 - 05:00 PM

I may have to cancel some of those games I got for the $45 pre-order deal at Newegg. The 60 day price matching opportunity is too much for me to ignore. To top it all of with the pre-order bonuses they may be offering, Best Buy is making it hard for me to say no.

With this level of service, I hope Best Buy survives this holiday season. I used to be one of the ones calling them "Worst Buy", but their performance over the last year has made them my go-to place for most of my gaming purchases.

Posted Image
:grouphug:

Wondering which platform to buy the game for? Use Mr. Slimm's Blog http://misterslimm.w...ce-off-results/

Interested in a PC game but not sure if your rig can run it? Go here http://www.systemreq...tslab.com/cyri/

#4272 ky151

ky151

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 October 2012 - 05:01 PM

Just got shipping notice for AC 3, does bestbuy do overnight shipping?

I've had the free expedited shipping for the last couple of releases, I think they came UPS Two-day shipping. I ended up getting them on release day, but it just depends on where you are.

#4273 Vigilante

Vigilante

Always Watching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 October 2012 - 05:01 PM

And did anybody notice this? http://www.bestbuy.c...cat264800050003

2013 Titles
Bioshock Infinite
Crysis 3
Deadspace 3
Gears of War Judgement
God of War Ascension
GTA V
Injustice Gods Amongst Us
The Last of Us
Metal Gear Rising Revengeance

South Park Stick of Truth
Splinter Cell Blacklist
Tomb Raider

Also, BBY just launched a new preorder system in stores. You can now put down any amount you want up to the full amount (minimum of $5) but can only do that once (can't put down $5 today, $20 later, etc.). Also, it's a different kind of transaction so the whole return/exchange thing will be a thing of the past.

This only applies to titles releasing in 2013 going forward, so all the current titles will still be under the old system.

...Dang it. Looks like I'm set for the next year (bolded titles = ones I'm considering). Question, though: I already have Bioshock Infinite preordered in-store from nearly 6 months ago (and I already received the Industrial Revolution code), so when I go to pick it up in February, will the new preorder system be in effect to the extent that I won't have to worry about the return/exchange issue?

Cloud_Squall78.png
Currently Playing: :3ds: Kirby: Triple Deluxe :ps3: Just Cause 2; Tales of Xillia 2  :vita: One Piece: Unlimited World RED; Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus

Last Beaten/Completed Game(s) [8/28]: :vita: Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time (4/5)

Last Watched Film [8/9]: The Raid 2 (insane choreography, complex story)

"Moreso than the good, it is the evil who must be rescued." -Shigesato Itoi

#4274 webkatt

webkatt

CAGastrophe

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 October 2012 - 05:07 PM

I was told I haven't received my $20 certificate from Borderlands 2 because I pre-ordered with a gift card. In the FAQ it says you are still eligible if you use a gift card to get the promotion. Anyone else have this problem?

i used a giftcard to do my preorder than pay off borderlands 2, i got the credit really quickly. i want to say within a 2 week period

#4275 247

Posted 29 October 2012 - 05:07 PM

Glad to see more games added to the promo. But why no wii u games?

#4276 GodSmackedMe

GodSmackedMe

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 October 2012 - 05:09 PM

because the promo has always been 360 and ps3 only?

#4277 dc delta90

dc delta90

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 October 2012 - 05:19 PM

Glad to see more games added to the promo. But why no wii u games?

It will include Wii U versions if they are announced for this list of titles. So far only Injustice is listed as having a Wii U version on bestbuy.com. Click through the title link on the promo page and you'll see the Wii U version of Injustice come up.

#4278 advanced

advanced

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 October 2012 - 05:22 PM

I have three must haves on that list: South Park, Last of Us, and Injustice. I also have three maybes on that list: Tomb Raider, GTA V, and God of War Ascension. I've already got Silver locked up for 2013 too, so I'm stoked for this deal to continue. So stoked.

#4279 dc delta90

dc delta90

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 October 2012 - 05:25 PM

...Dang it. Looks like I'm set for the next year (bolded titles = ones I'm considering). Question, though: I already have Bioshock Infinite preordered in-store from nearly 6 months ago (and I already received the Industrial Revolution code), so when I go to pick it up in February, will the new preorder system be in effect to the extent that I won't have to worry about the return/exchange issue?

Many of the titles on this list already are set up in the "old" system. Preorders in both systems will be captured and tracked for this promotion. If you did your preorder in the old system, you are fine. The only way to redeem that preorder will be in the old system. Your transaction will be a return/exchange in the old system. And again, it will track just fine for the promotion as long as it is done correctly at the store.

Any new preorders for titles on the 2013 list HAVE to be done in the new system.

Do note, you will NOT register RZ points from preorders in the new system. The points will post upon pick-up/purchase of the game, after clearing the return window just like they do today. That changes from the "old" system that would credit your preorder purchase but then deduct them when you returned the preorder and purchased the game.

Hoping the changes in the systems make for a cleaner and easier preorder process for everyone.

#4280 ajh2298

ajh2298

2009 Stanley Cup Champs

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 October 2012 - 05:33 PM

Whats the best way to try and it get the $10.00 gaming coupon K-Mart is offering added on to the $49.99 price for AC3 that I will be price matching tomorrow at BB? Is there any policy or anything listed that I can point them to if they give me a hassle?
----------------------------------------------------------------------

#4281 Saix_XIII

Saix_XIII

Video Game Addict

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 October 2012 - 05:41 PM

Whats the best way to try and it get the $10.00 gaming coupon K-Mart is offering added on to the $49.99 price for AC3 that I will be price matching tomorrow at BB? Is there any policy or anything listed that I can point them to if they give me a hassle?

The policy states they won't do it, so no nothing there will help you. Just show them the ad and hope for the best.

532919.pngsig.gif

Repetition in a game is NOT a bad thing, almost all games are repetitive. What matters is if YOU enjoy the game, then the repetition becomes enjoyable and doesn't feel monotonous or boring.
My Trade List

#4282 ger2396

ger2396

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 October 2012 - 06:05 PM

I've had the free expedited shipping for the last couple of releases, I think they came UPS Two-day shipping. I ended up getting them on release day, but it just depends on where you are.

Ok, maybe I'll get it tomorrow. Thanks

#4283 aircobra

aircobra

Posted 29 October 2012 - 06:18 PM

Say it's $39.99 and hope they don't check. They'll give you a "hassle" because they won't PM the coupon.

#4284 Japakneez

Japakneez

You are big foo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 October 2012 - 06:33 PM

Dammit! I wish I knew this during b2g1 sale. I would have put together another deal with Last of Us and Metal Gear Rising.

#4285 spatenfloot

spatenfloot

Don't read this!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 October 2012 - 06:53 PM

That sucks.....Okay thanks a lot.

EDIT: And thanks to Evolved. It is sure a dilemma, you issue at $5, then some will have a earlier exp date. Issuing at $20 will extend the exp date (so to speak), but then I can't buy $4.99 games with it ...

Set it to issue at $100 or more and then issue smaller ones manually as needed.

#4286 Donut2922

Donut2922

Read the OP!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 October 2012 - 06:59 PM

Posted Image

Couldn't say it any better.

Best Buy wins again. Well played Best Buy ... well played.

#4287 Kyden139

Kyden139

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 October 2012 - 07:02 PM

Set it to issue at $100 or more and then issue smaller ones manually as needed.

Highest amount a non-silver account can get is $20

#4288 shurija

shurija

Geronimo!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 October 2012 - 07:06 PM

Pretty excited that they will continue this in 2013. In for at least 5 games.

154512.png

:360: Child of Light / FIFA 14

:pc: Warhammer 40k: Dawn of War II

:ps3: Resistance Trilogy

:ps4: Watch Dogs

jionekanji.png

#4289 dan77733

dan77733

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 October 2012 - 07:09 PM

Anyone get their $20 certs from Resident Evil 6 and/or NBA 2K13 yet? I know that it says 30 days and today is 30 days from when I pre-ordered them but I remember getting the $20 cert from Madden before 30 days.

And awesome that all those games have been added to the $20 promo. But is this official/confirmed or just rumor/speculation right now?

Also, I see The Last Of Us with a June 1st release date. I know that's just a place holder date but I would be shocked if The Last of Us is released before October or November 2013.

#4290 JohnWayne

JohnWayne

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 October 2012 - 07:13 PM

In for bioshock, GTA, GOW ASC./judgement, DS3, The last of us, and maybe south park