Photo
- - - - -

Best Buy [Unlocked] $20 RZ Cert. Pre-order Promo 2012

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
6026 replies to this topic

Poll: Which games are you pre-ordering? (3098 member(s) have cast votes)

Which games are you pre-ordering?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#4321 Donut2922

Donut2922

Read the OP!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 October 2012 - 10:47 PM

For the people going to the midnight release, can you please post info about the DLC? Will it print on receipt, inside the package, LE included in box, and etc.. Will really help us fellow CAGs that doesn't have a BBY near us doing midnight release on what to expect when we pick up our game tomorrow. We all know how troublesome it is for BBY and their preorder DLCs. Thanks.

All signs point to a code on the receipt since online orders show an email delivery method.

#4322 Evolved

Evolved

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 October 2012 - 10:48 PM

No is what I heard.

You heard correct.

#4323 jr1016

jr1016

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 October 2012 - 10:52 PM

All signs point to a code on the receipt since online orders show an email delivery method.

Ok cool, at least I know what to tell them tomorrow. My local BBY got lots of new employee.

Yeah I went back and changed the quoted code.:lol:

#4324 Youngnoble

Youngnoble

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 October 2012 - 10:59 PM

I changed the keys before posting just in case it was legit. Thanks for the help. I'm glad i don't have to call now.

#4325 JoeZiggadigga

JoeZiggadigga

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 October 2012 - 11:01 PM

Quick question regarding price matching a deal with the $20 promo. Is it better to pick up the game and complete the transaction and then walk over to customer service to initiate the price match? I am just concerned that by doing the price match while picking up my preorder will somehow negate the $20RZ promo. Thanks for any input.

#4326 YBX87

YBX87

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 October 2012 - 11:07 PM

No, I just want to beat it before playing AC3 and I really want to start playing it right when I get home from picking it up. I know I should take my time with it since there's a bunch of things to do but I figured I could just come back to it in the future and replay it or something.

unless i am mistaken, i thought Ac3 has a whole diff storyline, and main char than Ac:REv?

#4327 shady520

shady520

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 October 2012 - 11:14 PM

You heard correct.

Actually if he preordered it in store (not in store pickup) and it was just the standard edition he possibly could depending on the cashiers though as with everything.

#4328 JohnWayne

JohnWayne

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 October 2012 - 11:28 PM

unless i am mistaken, i thought Ac3 has a whole diff storyline, and main char than Ac:REv?

Sort of, all of the Ass creeds are connected in a way. Like in rev., it tells you the story of the first ass creed. So idk. Nobody tell any spoilers please lol

#4329 Kuroknight27

Kuroknight27

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 October 2012 - 11:38 PM

Can I price match and use my GCU B2G1 coupon, or should I use the coupon then price match AC3 after?

#4330 Geco17

Geco17

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 October 2012 - 11:38 PM

Whole new Animus character(Altair and Ezio before), but still Desmond

#4331 Jampack200

Jampack200

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 October 2012 - 12:05 AM

Just off topic but after playing through all the AC's and having to wait months before each one, I must say I have no idea wtf is going on in the story anymore

Currently working on:
:ps3: Arkham Origins 

:3ds: Pokemon Y

Jampack200.png

#4332 advanced

advanced

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 October 2012 - 12:09 AM

Just off topic but after playing through all the AC's and having to wait months before each one, I must say I have no idea wtf is going on in the story anymore

I just played 2, Bro, and Rev back-to-back-to-back and I STILL don't know what's going on in the story anymore.

All I know is that I like it, and I want more of it.

#4333 Saix_XIII

Saix_XIII

Video Game Addict

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 October 2012 - 12:23 AM

Still looking for an answer to this, but does anyone know if you can use RewardZone certificates to buy a Best Buy gift card? Basically converting it into a gift card.

532919.pngsig.gif

Repetition in a game is NOT a bad thing, almost all games are repetitive. What matters is if YOU enjoy the game, then the repetition becomes enjoyable and doesn't feel monotonous or boring.
My Trade List

#4334 Gamer4life88

Gamer4life88

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 October 2012 - 12:26 AM

Still looking for an answer to this, but does anyone know if you can use RewardZone certificates to buy a Best Buy gift card? Basically converting it into a gift card.

You can't, says so in their FAQ page.

https://myrewardzone...ardsandbenefits

#4335 Saix_XIII

Saix_XIII

Video Game Addict

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 October 2012 - 12:29 AM

You can't, says so in their FAQ page.

https://myrewardzone...ardsandbenefits

Alright, thanks for the info.

532919.pngsig.gif

Repetition in a game is NOT a bad thing, almost all games are repetitive. What matters is if YOU enjoy the game, then the repetition becomes enjoyable and doesn't feel monotonous or boring.
My Trade List

#4336 YBX87

YBX87

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 October 2012 - 12:30 AM

that is what i meant by that, i just can't remember the chars name off the top of my head

#4337 Vigilante

Vigilante

Posted 30 October 2012 - 12:38 AM

that is what i meant by that, i just can't remember the chars name off the top of my head

It's Connor.

Cloud_Squall78.png
Currently Playing: :ps4: Infamous: SS :ps3: BioShock [Survivor, No Vita-Chambers] :vita: Flying Hamster HD; Guacamelee!; Rayman Legends [Daily Challenges]
Last Beaten Game [4/7]:  :vita: Rayman Legends ( :applause: :applause: :applause:)

Last Watched Film: Captain America: The Winter Soldier ( :hot: :hot: :hot: :hot: :hot:)

"Moreso than the good, it is the evil who must be rescued." -Shigesato Itoi

#4338 sninh

sninh

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 October 2012 - 12:54 AM

Alright, thanks for the info.

You wouldnt want to though since the rz certs lower tax (unless you arent taxed on gift card then thats different)

#4339 htz

htz

CAGiversary 3.0!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 October 2012 - 01:05 AM

About Best Buy extending this promo for upcoming 2013 titles, I would recommend CAGs to pre-order close to 30 days before release date or at least until pre-order bonuses are revealed. Best Buy seems to have problems including promos for customers that pre-ordered before they are announced unlike amazon.

UPlay rewards for AC3 have also been revealed by Ubisoft.

#4340 Vigilante

Vigilante

Posted 30 October 2012 - 01:16 AM

About Best Buy extending this promo for upcoming 2013 titles, I would recommend CAGs to pre-order close to 30 days before release date or at least until pre-order bonuses are revealed. Best Buy seems to have problems including promos for customers that pre-ordered before they are announced unlike amazon.

UPlay rewards for AC3 have also been revealed by Ubisoft.

I preordered Bioshock Infinite several months ago (back when BBY offered bonus trade-in credit for preordering it) and I still received the somewhat-recently-announced preorder bonus code for the online Industrial Revolution game; would you say I should still cancel my preorder and re-place it closer to the release date? At this point, it seems like it'd be a bigger pain to cancel now than to just wait and hope for the best. :\

Cloud_Squall78.png
Currently Playing: :ps4: Infamous: SS :ps3: BioShock [Survivor, No Vita-Chambers] :vita: Flying Hamster HD; Guacamelee!; Rayman Legends [Daily Challenges]
Last Beaten Game [4/7]:  :vita: Rayman Legends ( :applause: :applause: :applause:)

Last Watched Film: Captain America: The Winter Soldier ( :hot: :hot: :hot: :hot: :hot:)

"Moreso than the good, it is the evil who must be rescued." -Shigesato Itoi

#4341 htz

htz

CAGiversary 3.0!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 October 2012 - 01:54 AM

I preordered Bioshock Infinite several months ago (back when BBY offered bonus trade-in credit for preordering it) and I still received the somewhat-recently-announced preorder bonus code for the online Industrial Revolution game; would you say I should still cancel my preorder and re-place it closer to the release date? At this point, it seems like it'd be a bigger pain to cancel now than to just wait and hope for the best. :\

Unless your pre-order is for a special edition or collectors edition(which has a chance of selling out early), I think its better to play it safe by ordering 30 days before release date for standard editions. Lots can change from now till release date like additional pre-order bonuses/promos.

#4342 scblueeyedguy

scblueeyedguy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 October 2012 - 02:20 AM

Picked up a AC3 X360 preorder tonight. Seemed like it wanted me to pay for the whole game right then and there. At least please you can pay up front if you want. It also printed out my code on the receipt, so I don't have to fuss with that like usual.

#4343 Geco17

Geco17

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 October 2012 - 02:25 AM

Picked up a AC3 X360 preorder tonight. Seemed like it wanted me to pay for the whole game right then and there. At least please you can pay up front if you want. It also printed out my code on the receipt, so I don't have to fuss with that like usual.

Happened to me to. I guess if you preorder in the 48 hour window right before the game comes out, you have to pay in full. At least that's what I was told.

#4344 chuckywang

chuckywang

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 October 2012 - 02:27 AM

Any east coasters waiting out in line for the midnight opening? Can we get a report on how large the crowds are?

#4345 AgentW

AgentW

Ate a sandwich.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 October 2012 - 02:30 AM

Any east coasters waiting out in line for the midnight opening? Can we get a report on how large the crowds are?

probably small. because half of the north east has a pouring rain and wind storm over it.

#4346 JohnWayne

JohnWayne

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Best buy is seriously still having midnight releases in the east coast tonight?

I know GameStops in the east coast canceled theirs

#4347 GamerDude316

GamerDude316

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

you do realize that nearly the entire east coast is being hit by Sandy right? Several GS's cancelled midnight launches

#4348 scblueeyedguy

scblueeyedguy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 October 2012 - 02:32 AM

Happened to me to. I guess if you preorder in the 48 hour window right before the game comes out, you have to pay in full. At least that's what I was told.

You don't. They just remove the game's sku, and it will ring up fine.

#4349 Alkalinejoe

Alkalinejoe

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 October 2012 - 02:33 AM

Yeah the guy who rang up the 360 preorder in-store tonight said I couldn't do it because it rang up full price. Just going to do it online for an in-store pickup tonight and hope the $20 comes through. I wasn't even planning on getting it but I just wrapped up Revelations and the ending made me want to start playing AC3 asap.
Currently playing:
:360: Dragon's Dogma
:ps3: Bioshock Infinite
:wii: The Last Story
:gc: None
:ps2: .hack//Mutation

XBL: Aerogenji
PSN: Aerogambit

#4350 JohnWayne

JohnWayne

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 October 2012 - 02:40 AM

Yeah the guy who rang up the 360 preorder in-store tonight said I couldn't do it because it rang up full price. Just going to do it online for an in-store pickup tonight and hope the $20 comes through. I wasn't even planning on getting it but I just wrapped up Revelations and the ending made me want to start playing AC3 asap.

Same here, I literally just finished revelations a few minutes ago. The ending was sort of like "wtf just happened?" And made me eager to get my hands on AC3