Photo
- - - - -

Best Buy [Unlocked] $20 RZ Cert. Pre-order Promo 2012

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
6026 replies to this topic

Poll: Which games are you pre-ordering? (3098 member(s) have cast votes)

Which games are you pre-ordering?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#5341 Jimmienoman

Jimmienoman

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 November 2012 - 06:03 PM

You don't earn full points when using pitch-in or gift cards.

I don't think you're supposed to earn any for using GC/PiC

BBYs system just likes to spit out random points when using GCs

#5342 BroncosSB

BroncosSB

Posted 09 November 2012 - 07:46 PM

Kept going back n forth between regular blops 2 and hardened, now hardened OOS. Will it be available on launch day like Halo 4 Limited? Anybody remember if blops 1 hardened was available on launch day?

#5343 timmylamb

timmylamb

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 November 2012 - 07:53 PM

My AC3 points are listed and pending. My Halo 4 points are not. Strangely, myrewardzone.bestbuy.com shows Halo 4 as being $11.99, so I'm being shortchanged both bonus points and purchase points. Sadly, my pitch in card was deducted $60+. If I was actually only charged $11.99, I'd be okay with that.

I am in the same boat, my AC3 points posted and is pending, my Halo 4 is showing as 11.99, my pitch in was charged 49$ since I did a price match to Frys. Weird thing is I did a trade in right before this purchase and it is not showing, I am thinking the guy did not scan my rewards card because I only got 40$ on my gift card, no 10% bonus. I think he did not scan my reward card when I did the purchase either.

#5344 aircobra

aircobra

Posted 09 November 2012 - 07:55 PM

Kept going back n forth between regular blops 2 and hardened, now hardened OOS. Will it be available on launch day like Halo 4 Limited? Anybody remember if blops 1 hardened was available on launch day?

Don't remember but the MW3 one was definitely harder to find at launch than Halo 4 has been.

#5345 aircobra

aircobra

Posted 09 November 2012 - 07:58 PM

I don't think you're supposed to earn any for using GC/PiC

BBYs system just likes to spit out random points when using GCs

It has to do with the exchange. I exchanged Forza for Need for Speed and got 60 points or something. Both of my Halo 4 pre-orders earned points.

#5346 Vigilante

Vigilante

Always Watching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 November 2012 - 08:00 PM

Heads-up to Premier Silver members who preordered Borderlands 2: Amazon currently has both versions at slightly reduced prices, though the Amazon listings themselves are hidden in the Marketplace.

:ps3: $51.52
:360: $52.54

I recommend taking a screencap or printout of the price just to be safe. :)

Cloud_Squall78.png
Currently Playing: :3ds: Kirby: Triple Deluxe :ps3: Bulletstorm; MGS2 HD [Dogtags/Misc.]  :vita: Limbo; Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale
Last Beaten/Completed Game(s) [7/11]: :ps3: Braid (4.25/5)

Last Watched Film [7/10]: One Piece: Strong World (superb animation, awesome battles)

"Moreso than the good, it is the evil who must be rescued." -Shigesato Itoi

#5347 Pookymeister

Pookymeister

I like almonds

• Super Moderators

Posted 09 November 2012 - 08:22 PM

My AC3 points are listed and pending. My Halo 4 points are not. Strangely, myrewardzone.bestbuy.com shows Halo 4 as being $11.99, so I'm being shortchanged both bonus points and purchase points. Sadly, my pitch in card was deducted $60+. If I was actually only charged $11.99, I'd be okay with that.

Yea you get points for loading pitch in cards, not using.

#5348 advanced

advanced

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 November 2012 - 08:26 PM

Heads-up to Premier Silver members who preordered Borderlands 2: Amazon currently has both versions at slightly reduced prices, though the Amazon listings themselves are hidden in the Marketplace.

:ps3: $51.52
:360: $52.54

I recommend taking a screencap or printout of the price just to be safe. :)

Good deal if you couldn't get in on the Fry's PM for $49.99.

#5349 IanWoot

IanWoot

CAG in Training

• CAG Veteran

Posted 09 November 2012 - 08:32 PM

Did anyone have any luck getting the Halo 4/12+1 xbox live card/800 point deal AND the $20 cert for preordering?

I figured no, but I've been tempted to cancel my blops 2 preorder and try it.

#5350 cancerman1120

cancerman1120

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 November 2012 - 08:38 PM

Did anyone have any luck getting the Halo 4/12+1 xbox live card/800 point deal AND the $20 cert for preordering?

I figured no, but I've been tempted to cancel my blops 2 preorder and try it.

Well I got the deal ($20 off the Live Card) but they did not add the 800 points to the receipt so that is my first issue. The transaction is there now but no bonus yet but I do not think it will be a problem. It should post in a few days. I am doing the same thing for BLOPS2 because I am giving my nephews the Gold cards for Xmas. Now to figure out how to get $10 for the missing 800 points.

Edit: I also noticed my GTA V pre-order is listed as a pre-order now on the My Rewardzone website. I hope that means there will less issues with codes and stuff in the future.

#5351 sabanoo

sabanoo

I like pie.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 November 2012 - 09:01 PM

Is anyone else still waiting to get the $20 for Resident Evil 6? The OP says to give it up to 35 days but it's been a bit beyond that.

#5352 IanWoot

IanWoot

CAG in Training

• CAG Veteran

Posted 09 November 2012 - 09:08 PM

Well I got the deal ($20 off the Live Card) but they did not add the 800 points to the receipt so that is my first issue. The transaction is there now but no bonus yet but I do not think it will be a problem. It should post in a few days. I am doing the same thing for BLOPS2 because I am giving my nephews the Gold cards for Xmas. Now to figure out how to get $10 for the missing 800 points.

Edit: I also noticed my GTA V pre-order is listed as a pre-order now on the My Rewardzone website. I hope that means there will less issues with codes and stuff in the future.

Great, thanks for letting me know.

Did you buy in-store or online?

#5353 cancerman1120

cancerman1120

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 November 2012 - 09:18 PM

Great, thanks for letting me know.

Did you buy in-store or online?

I did it in store. Hopefully we will get a similar thread to this one.

http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=331362

The printout of the promo helped a ton...even if the rep did not add the 800 pints for me :).

#5354 IanWoot

IanWoot

CAG in Training

• CAG Veteran

Posted 09 November 2012 - 09:19 PM

Awesome, thanks man, best of luck in your points hunt!

#5355 CrushingMetal23

CrushingMetal23

Posted 09 November 2012 - 09:22 PM

Sorry if this has been asked a billion times but is BB still doing the $20 gift card for BO2? I don't see it anywhere on bestbuy.com or myrewardzone.com I have gamers club unlocked.

#5356 Vigilante

Vigilante

Always Watching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 November 2012 - 09:26 PM

Sorry if this has been asked a billion times but is BB still doing the $20 gift card for BO2? I don't see it anywhere on bestbuy.com or myrewardzone.com I have gamers club unlocked.

Yes, they are. Don't worry.

Cloud_Squall78.png
Currently Playing: :3ds: Kirby: Triple Deluxe :ps3: Bulletstorm; MGS2 HD [Dogtags/Misc.]  :vita: Limbo; Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale

Last Watched Film [7/10]: One Piece: Strong World (superb animation, awesome battles)

#5357 CrushingMetal23

CrushingMetal23

Posted 09 November 2012 - 09:33 PM

Thanks Vigilante. Any idea why they stopped advertising it? I actually have a pre order on newegg for 47.99 I could cancel if BB deal saves me more.

#5358 Vigilante

Vigilante

Always Watching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 November 2012 - 09:37 PM

Thanks Vigilante. Any idea why they stopped advertising it? I actually have a pre order on newegg for 47.99 I could cancel if BB deal saves me more.

A moderator on the BBY forums (I think) said that they were forced to only show the deal to those who are logged in as Gamers Club members or something; it's probably because Activision doesn't like deals like that being visibly advertised for a CoD game (don't ask me why, it's how they act).

Cloud_Squall78.png

#5359 aircobra

aircobra

Posted 09 November 2012 - 09:40 PM

Is anyone else still waiting to get the $20 for Resident Evil 6? The OP says to give it up to 35 days but it's been a bit beyond that.

You should probably call them if it's been more than 30 days.

#5360 aircobra

aircobra

Posted 09 November 2012 - 09:43 PM

It was only ever advertised on the myrz site when logged in. Activision doesn't like deals like this attached to their games.

#5361 CrushingMetal23

CrushingMetal23

Posted 09 November 2012 - 09:45 PM

A moderator on the BBY forums (I think) said that they were forced to only show the deal to those who are logged in as Gamers Club members or something; it's probably because Activision doesn't like deals like that being visibly advertised for a CoD game (don't ask me why, it's how they act).

Makes sense. Thanks again!

#5362 Zolor23

Zolor23

Hey there.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 November 2012 - 01:54 AM

I preordered BLOPS 2...then the receipt printer decided to shred up the receipt. He printed out another, but now it says "Duplicate Receipt." There won't be any problems picking the gmae up, right?

#5363 GreyFoxx2002

GreyFoxx2002

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 November 2012 - 01:56 AM

Anybody do the Halo 4 dell $20 gift card match in store?

#5364 Zolor23

Zolor23

Hey there.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 November 2012 - 02:00 AM

Anybody do the Halo 4 dell $20 gift card match in store?

Why would you need to? It was part of this deal, I doubt they'd do it now.

#5365 advanced

advanced

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 November 2012 - 02:24 AM

I preordered BLOPS 2...then the receipt printer decided to shred up the receipt. He printed out another, but now it says "Duplicate Receipt." There won't be any problems picking the gmae up, right?

No. This is the same process that happens if you ever misplace your preorder receipt and you go to pick up the game. They print out a dupe receipt and then fill the preorder. You're good.

#5366 Evolved

Evolved

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 November 2012 - 02:26 AM

My points for Halo 4 have already cleared, craziness.

#5367 Finch106

Finch106

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 November 2012 - 02:53 AM

My halo 4 receipt says I paid $8 for it. What in the hell is going on?

#5368 dkl415

dkl415

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 November 2012 - 02:55 AM

My halo. 4 receipt says I paid $8 for it. What in the hell is going on?

Odd. Mine says $60. But rewardzone says $11.99.

In any case, after three/four days, my 1000 points showed up.

#5369 Finch106

Finch106

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 November 2012 - 03:07 AM

Odd. Mine says $60. But rewardzone says $11.99.

In any case, after three/four days, my 1000 points showed up.

Ok. I called to verify that they have the correct amount on their end that was paid, and they said 59.94 or something which is right once you subtract the $5 preorder cost from the taxed total.

The website sucks so much. I don't understand how it can just put random totals for things when that's all we have to go by as a customer.

#5370 Zolor23

Zolor23

Hey there.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 November 2012 - 03:09 AM

No. This is the same process that happens if you ever misplace your preorder receipt and you go to pick up the game. They print out a dupe receipt and then fill the preorder. You're good.

Thanks, man. Just gotta wait now.