Photo
- - - - -

Best Buy [Unlocked] $20 RZ Cert. Pre-order Promo 2012

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
6026 replies to this topic

Poll: Which games are you pre-ordering? (3098 member(s) have cast votes)

Which games are you pre-ordering?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#5581 htz

htz

CAGiversary 3.0!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2012 - 06:57 AM

I'm giving away my hulu plus 1 month subscription and 160 MS Points card.
I have amazon prime, netflix, and I buy my digital content on PS3 so I don't need them. First person to PM can choose between the 2 and whoever is 2nd gets the option to receive whats left or I pick another person.

Note: Hulu plus 1 month code is valid for new subs only.

#5582 IamPro

IamPro

Posted 13 November 2012 - 07:07 AM

I have amazon prime, netflix, and I buy my digital content on PS3 so I don't need them. First person to PM can choose between the 2 and whoever is 2nd gets the option to receive whats left or I pick another person.

PM'd good sir

#5583 Zolor23

Zolor23

Hey there.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2012 - 07:08 AM

PM'd :)

#5584 htz

htz

CAGiversary 3.0!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2012 - 07:09 AM

IamPro PMed me first and got the MS points.

#5585 Zolor23

Zolor23

Hey there.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2012 - 07:10 AM

PM'd good sir

:(

i should be asleep anyways lol

#5586 JohnWayne

JohnWayne

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2012 - 07:24 AM

So my RZ certificate wouldn't scan because I didn't have enough black ink in my printer so the ink on the cert. was sort of faint, the guy said if I come back tomorrow with a better print, he can add the certificate in. My question is, will this not let me get my $20 RZ certificate from PO BLOPS?

#5587 Pliskin

Pliskin

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2012 - 07:28 AM

I just saw the unboxing video for the Care Package Edition on IGN and that plane thing looks cheap as hell. Not worth it at all IMO.

#5588 sninh

sninh

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2012 - 07:41 AM

Looks like the hardened edition isn't as great as I thought (mainly wanted nuketown zombies, but now they're including it in the season pass). If anyone in oc ca is interested (i dont have paypal) in getting it can pm me

Its for :360:

#5589 lwhitit

lwhitit

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2012 - 08:07 AM

So my RZ certificate wouldn't scan because I didn't have enough black ink in my printer so the ink on the cert. was sort of faint, the guy said if I come back tomorrow with a better print, he can add the certificate in. My question is, will this not let me get my $20 RZ certificate from PO BLOPS?

Yeah if u do a return n rebuy that would only cause problems. Why didnt they just type in the code? Or show it from your email / rz account?

#5590 JohnWayne

JohnWayne

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2012 - 08:35 AM

Yeah if u do a return n rebuy that would only cause problems. Why didnt they just type in the code? Or show it from your email / rz account?

I told him to try n type thr numbers in and he said he tried it with another customer and it didn't work and I don't have a smartphone (crazy, I know lol)

#5591 sgaldis

sgaldis

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2012 - 08:40 AM

Dang, my BB didn't have any of that cool stuff, save for the cheap posters. No drinks, snacks, or raffles at all. Just got my HE and got the HE(LL) out of there.

#5592 cancerman1120

cancerman1120

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2012 - 08:45 AM

IS the 360 version two discs?
Posted Image

#5593 scblueeyedguy

scblueeyedguy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2012 - 08:49 AM

Looks like the hardened edition isn't as great as I thought (mainly wanted nuketown zombies, but now they're including it in the season pass). If anyone in oc ca is interested (i dont have paypal) in getting it can pm me

Its for :360:

Just sell your code on ebay and use the money to buy a season pass. People will be buying up the Nuketown Zombie codes and challenge coins.

#5594 tachido

tachido

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 13 November 2012 - 09:05 AM

IS the 360 version two discs?

nope just 1
i was able to get it PM at BB
H4 and BLOP2 for 96

#5595 Alkalinejoe

Alkalinejoe

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2012 - 09:10 AM

I told him to try n type thr numbers in and he said he tried it with another customer and it didn't work and I don't have a smartphone (crazy, I know lol)

All the best buys I have been to have kiosks with a printer so you can access your RZ account and print out coupons/certificates, might want to try to look for one next time.
Currently playing:
:360: Dragon's Dogma
:ps3: Bioshock Infinite
:wii: The Last Story
:gc: None
:ps2: .hack//Mutation

XBL: Aerogenji
PSN: Aerogambit

#5596 SierraNight

SierraNight

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2012 - 09:17 AM

Trying to figure out why I preordered this...

Me and my buddy get to my BB (Springfield, MO) at 11:15pm and the line is already fairly long. We are told by the greeter that preorders are to go straight to the regular checkout stations. I think, "Good, we don't have to wait in that line."

...I'm wrong.

We have to wait in the FIRST line (which isn't very long) to (I guess) verify our preorders. My buddy's CSR tells him she doesn't know how to do online preorders (then why are you working tonight?). I show my order number and the CSR verifies and prints my physical receipt to pick up my copy. Then my buddy goes to the same CSR and gets his as well. Meanwhile, the other line has gotten massive in the last 10 minutes. We move further with our receipts and are back at the main entrance. At this point, the main greeter tells us that we are now supposed to go to the back of the main line (non preorders)...

WHAT?!

Why preorder then? Why is there ONE LINE to get your copy of the game? I would think that there would be two lines, where at the end of each you get your copy. One for preorders, one for non-preorders. Why there weren't copies of the game at the end of the first line we had to wait in is beyond me. We are currently in a line that's snaking all throughout the BB store. And by preordering, are now ridiculously further back than we would have been.

I realize that this release night would be busy either way, but not separating the lines makes zero sense to me. And to have to wait LONGER makes even less sense. Anyone else experience this?

I'll also add that I'm GCU Unlocked so I get the $20 RZ...but what if I wasn't? Guy in front of me thought it would at least be worth it for the Nuketown 2025 map but turns out everyone gets it as more of an "early adopter" perk than a preorder bonus. Codes are in the case.

You need a new Best Buy. I had all the people at my store who preordered reprint their receipts if the didn't have them immediately, we could start ringing people out at 11 pm, and immediately at midnight I started handing out games to the already rung out line. The main rush was out the door by 12:06. Sounds like your store just doesn't understand how to work a midnight opening.
631261.png

#5597 JohnWayne

JohnWayne

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2012 - 10:02 AM

All the best buys I have been to have kiosks with a printer so you can access your RZ account and print out coupons/certificates, might want to try to look for one next time.

I know I asked if I could just go print it out but he said that no one could go into the store

#5598 Borellius

Borellius

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2012 - 10:37 AM

Did i miss something about midnight releases? So here is my story, went to best buy sat. see if i could pre-order the game so i can get the $20 cert. guy says no go. But that i could go at midnight to buy it , and it would be like a party and giving out prizes. So I say "Badass" jk.

Well i get out of work early and get to BB at 1140 and see a line outside. I'm all excited because i've never been to a midnight release and never won any prizes or played for some so i thought it would be a cool experience. Wait in line for 5 min and see around 4 or 5 people walk out of the store and they have posters and stuff and hear one guy say he won a gift card.

At this point i'm like WTF. I thought it started at midnight. SO midnight rolls around and nada. Just get in line, get the game, and out i went. :cry: i didn't even get the poster, but i was too tired to tell them about it. My wife wanted me to come home and get food on the way.

I know i saw the fliers correctly and while i was waiting in line i they still had them up , it clearly states join us at midnight for a free for all and win prizes. Lying bastards. Well, anyways i got the game no biggie just wont do a midnight anything again. Although my wife did want me to play since i haven't been playing in a while and she was giving me a hard time about buying it, she even fixed up the bed room so i could play comfortably. ;)

P.S. Curse you Adult Manga, now i have an oyster in my pants.

#5599 InvaderZim

InvaderZim

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2012 - 12:27 PM

Doors opened at 9pm. Prizes were at 9:45. The lines to prepay started at 10:00 so people could get the game and head home at midnight.

You missed it...

Did i miss something about midnight releases? So here is my story, went to best buy sat. see if i could pre-order the game so i can get the $20 cert. guy says no go. But that i could go at midnight to buy it , and it would be like a party and giving out prizes. So I say "Badass" jk.

Well i get out of work early and get to BB at 1140 and see a line outside. I'm all excited because i've never been to a midnight release and never won any prizes or played for some so i thought it would be a cool experience. Wait in line for 5 min and see around 4 or 5 people walk out of the store and they have posters and stuff and hear one guy say he won a gift card.

At this point i'm like WTF. I thought it started at midnight. SO midnight rolls around and nada. Just get in line, get the game, and out i went. :cry: i didn't even get the poster, but i was too tired to tell them about it. My wife wanted me to come home and get food on the way.

I know i saw the fliers correctly and while i was waiting in line i they still had them up , it clearly states join us at midnight for a free for all and win prizes. Lying bastards. Well, anyways i got the game no biggie just wont do a midnight anything again. Although my wife did want me to play since i haven't been playing in a while and she was giving me a hard time about buying it, she even fixed up the bed room so i could play comfortably. ;)

Edited by InvaderZim, 13 November 2012 - 03:04 PM.

#5600 UnseenGamer7

UnseenGamer7

CAG in Training

• CAG Veteran

Posted 13 November 2012 - 02:22 PM

I am guessing the guy was misinformed because you could still pre order Saturday and get the reward certificate. I have done it twice myself for other games in the promotion.

#5601 lwhitit

lwhitit

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2012 - 03:42 PM

Whatever on the smart phone (i always think about dropping it and having a small tablet around to surf instead)

It sounds like you had an uninformed rep, rz points are like cash. He could have redeemed it, it just sounds like he didnt know how / want to. Get a manager to do it next time or find a new bb if possible.

#5602 TimesTicking

TimesTicking

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2012 - 03:49 PM

The guy needs to know how to do his job...
I pre-ordered AC3 the day before it came out and it shows that I got the certificate on my account.

#5603 Investor9872

Investor9872

CAG Supremo!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2012 - 03:52 PM

Someone above stated that all the pre-order bonuses were included inside the game casing. Is the dog tags inside as well, or just the Nuke Town DLC code?
<p>Gamefly PS3 chipped discs. Click on more pictures below to enlarge them.
Investor9872.png

#5604 Brother Daz

Brother Daz

Scotch and yes?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2012 - 03:58 PM

Just nuketown

#5605 Evolved

Evolved

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2012 - 04:37 PM

Doors opened at 9pm. Prizes were at 9:45. The lines to prepay started at 10:00 so people could get the game and head home at midnight.

You missed it...

This was not true for all best buys, the one I went to didn't open until 12:00. We all had to wait outside.

#5606 omyard

omyard

dreaming neon black

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2012 - 04:42 PM

I pre-ordered Halo 4 online the day before Halo 4 was released and got the bonus certificate. I'd call 1-800-Best-Buy and tell them your story them you bought it at Midnight and when you wanted to pre-order on Saturday you were declined. They'd probably send you a $20 gift card.

#5607 jcp42877

jcp42877

Semper Fortis

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2012 - 04:51 PM

How many of y'all are getting Far Cry 3?

I suppose ill get it since its the last $20 promo game this year.

I enjoyed the concept of 2, despite its errors. Hope this one is the same, just more improved. I just wish they'd say more about the single player... Only thing I've been seeing is MP previews and articles. I could give a rat's ass about the multiplayer in a game like this..
Posted Image

#5608 Vigilante

Vigilante

Always Watching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2012 - 05:06 PM

How many of y'all are getting Far Cry 3?

I suppose ill get it since its the last $20 promo game this year.

I enjoyed the concept of 2, despite its errors. Hope this one is the same, just more improved. I just wish they'd say more about the single player... Only thing I've been seeing is MP previews and articles. I could give a rat's ass about the multiplayer in a game like this..

I already have it preordered, primarily for three reasons:

1. The $20 certificate. :dunce:
2. What I've seen of the single-player looks really good.
3. It's an Ubisoft game, so the price will (hopefully) drop like a rock within 60 days.

Cloud_Squall78.png
Currently Playing: :3ds: Kirby: Triple Deluxe :ps3: Bulletstorm; MGS2 HD [Dogtags/Misc.]  :vita: Limbo; Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale
Last Beaten/Completed Game(s) [7/11]: :ps3: Braid (4.25/5)

Last Watched Film [7/10]: One Piece: Strong World (superb animation, awesome battles)

"Moreso than the good, it is the evil who must be rescued." -Shigesato Itoi

#5609 Investor9872

Investor9872

CAG Supremo!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2012 - 05:10 PM

I just got back from Best Buy picking up my Black Ops II pre-order, and there was no dog tags. When I asked the girl who checked me out about them, she said she had no idea even though the girl standing next to her asked her if she remember them having a kiosh out before advertising about the pre-order with dog tags hanging on them but the kiosh is gone now. So was the store supposed to give one to me when I pickup my pre-order, or am I just out of luck. No big deal really. I'm just a bit disappointed, because the bonus was the reason why I chose to pre-order from Best Buy and not anywhere else really.

Someone above stated that all the pre-order bonuses were included inside the game casing. Is the dog tags inside as well, or just the Nuke Town DLC code?

Just nuketown

<p>Gamefly PS3 chipped discs. Click on more pictures below to enlarge them.
Investor9872.png

#5610 YBX87

YBX87

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2012 - 05:19 PM

I just got back from Best Buy picking up my Black Ops II pre-order, and there was no dog tags. When I asked the girl who checked me out about them, she said she had no idea even though the girl standing next to her asked her if she remember them having a kiosh out before advertising about the pre-order with dog tags hanging on them but the kiosh is gone now. So was the store supposed to give one to me when I pickup my pre-order, or am I just out of luck. No big deal really. I'm just a bit disappointed, because the bonus was the reason why I chose to pre-order from Best Buy and not anywhere else really.

you are sol, the dog tags were a limited time/ while supplies last preorder bonus/swag