Photo
- - - - -

Best Buy [Unlocked] $20 RZ Cert. Pre-order Promo 2012

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
6026 replies to this topic

Poll: Which games are you pre-ordering? (3098 member(s) have cast votes)

Which games are you pre-ordering?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#5671 jcp42877

jcp42877

Semper Fortis

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2012 - 04:27 AM

Lulz BBY didn't have my preordered Hardened edition. Swell job guys!

If what I've heard more than a few times is true, they should compensate you a $79.99 gift card free of charge.
Posted Image

#5672 panda911

panda911

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2012 - 04:29 AM

If what I've heard more than a few times is true, they should compensate you a $79.99 gift card free of charge.

Oh definitely. I'll give them a call when I have time and ask for that and the 20 in rz certs. It's just ridiculous.

#5673 JohnWayne

JohnWayne

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2012 - 04:30 AM

The game can destroy records all it wants, but the graphics suck huge dick.

I've never been a guy to complain much on graphics, as I play on a native 720p HDTV anyways, but this just looks horrid. Enough where I thought it was my TV at first (never thought this before..). I installed the texture package, adjusted video settings, and still..crap. On top off that, my gunfire seems to get lost in the commotion of the game. Call me odd, but in any FPS, I enjoy hearing the thick, resonating sound of my gun, no matter a big sniper rifle, or small pistol. In this game, it's muffled as mess..

It baffles me how each CoD game gets a BIT progressively better graphics wise, then this one just skyrockets down. Treyarch's games have always been my favorite too. Kinds disappointed in this one.

To give the Benefit of the doubt, this is my first new COD release on my PS3 (i bought every other one on 360)..but that's no excuse. As my MW3 copy looked just as good on my PS3 as my 360 copy..

That sucks man, I'm loving the game and its amazing 60 FPS gameplay.

#5674 jcp42877

jcp42877

Semper Fortis

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2012 - 04:39 AM

That sucks man, I'm loving the game and its amazing 60 FPS gameplay.

Just to not confuse people..I'm speaking strictly of the campaign mode. I have yet to touch MP yet.

Maybe SP isn't a big deal to a lot of players, but I've always found the COD stories to be "A+ movie epic", so you can understand how I'm a bit peeved this one is below par tech wise.

I'm sure the MP is awesome, but when I'm trying to engage in a story, it's hard when I can't tell if I'm in need of sleep, or if the levels actually do look that bland and stale.
Posted Image

#5675 aircobra

aircobra

Posted 14 November 2012 - 07:25 AM

Interesting that the PS3 version has a texture pack. Game looks good on my tv.

#5676 HakurenKyo06

HakurenKyo06

Duane Follower.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2012 - 07:39 AM

Game looks fine on mine too, playing on xbox.

#5677 IamPro

IamPro

Posted 14 November 2012 - 08:30 AM

Just to not confuse people..I'm speaking strictly of the campaign mode. I have yet to touch MP yet.

Maybe SP isn't a big deal to a lot of players, but I've always found the COD stories to be "A+ movie epic", so you can understand how I'm a bit peeved this one is below par tech wise.

I'm sure the MP is awesome, but when I'm trying to engage in a story, it's hard when I can't tell if I'm in need of sleep, or if the levels actually do look that bland and stale.

If you are playing COD for its engaging SP then you are doing it wrong, check out MGS instead :bouncy:

#5678 coopscohen

coopscohen

All Skill, No Luck

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2012 - 12:05 PM

The TRU website does show Black Ops II with a price of $49.99 once its added to your cart. Shouldn't be a problem with a PM I believe unless you're trying to PM the bundle deal.

#5679 mpaullin

mpaullin

Cheap Ass Lunch-er

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2012 - 03:21 PM

I was unsuccessful PMing Black Ops. The girl told me that Toys R Us doesn't apply that deal for new releases. I told her it doesn't say that in the ad and to please call them. She did and they said that it indeed doesn't apply for new releases. I don't know if the person she talked to didn't know what they were talking about or if that is actually how it works (I would have definitely fought it if I was at TRU since the ad says ALL games 59.99 and above), but what're you gonna do? Was able to $10 back on Halo 4, so it wasn't a total loss.

Seeing a lot of people successfully PMing TRU over the phone. Can I do this if I bought in store?

#5680 advanced

advanced

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2012 - 03:34 PM

AC3 just posted. Got 2000+ sitting in my bank. Going to wait until Sunday morning to cash out in hopes I can get a few more points posted to make it 2250. $200 off a new Wii U sounds amazing right now. :D

Spoiler

If you are playing COD for its engaging SP then you are doing it wrong, check out MGS instead :bouncy:

MGS gameplay bores me to tears. The story mode for the last COD's I've played (MW, WAW, MW2, BlOps) have all been pretty good for an action game.

Edited by advanced, 14 November 2012 - 03:48 PM.

#5681 honzoh

honzoh

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2012 - 03:40 PM

a few more points posted to make it 2250. $200 off a new Wii U sounds amazing right now.

I don't think those values, mean what you think they mean.

#5682 advanced

advanced

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2012 - 03:44 PM

I don't think those values, mean what you think they mean.

I don't think you think that I know what I'm doing. I've already got $150 in certs just hanging out. 2250 is $45. I put a $5 RZ down on the Wii U.

$150 + $45 + $5 = $200

After those, I'll be paying $149.99 + taxes for my Wii U instead of $349.99 + taxes for my Wii U.

#5683 advanced

advanced

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2012 - 03:46 PM

2250=$200?

Look Up (or Down).

#5684 advanced

advanced

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2012 - 03:49 PM

Or....

You could just realize that not everybody's a raving lunatic and that sometimes you don't know all the information. Don't need to be running head first into a flame war when you're half cocked now.

#5685 mrsilkunderwear

mrsilkunderwear

Just Do It.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2012 - 04:08 PM

I don't think you think that I know what I'm doing. I've already got $150 in certs just hanging out. 2250 is $45. I put a $5 RZ down on the Wii U.

$150 + $45 + $5 = $200

After those, I'll be paying $149.99 + taxes for my Wii U instead of $349.99 + taxes for my Wii U.

You must have majored in advanced quantum mathematics.

#5686 advanced

advanced

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2012 - 04:11 PM

Wanna be like that? How about next time adding something to the thread about deals rather than an asinine recanting of your account balance? While I'm sure we're all your best friends and this is your social outlet, let's keep that sad act in another part of these forums.

I believe we started off on the wrong foot. Lets go back. Can we?

As you requested, my original post does in fact add something to the thread.

AC3 just posted.

I purchased AC3 day one. It just posted. I'm letting people know so they can also see if it did. The same way other people do it for this deal and other deals.

Cool?

You must have majored in advanced quantum mathematics.

No, but I didn't have to count on my fingers and toes to do all that hard math either. :)

#5687 mgriff

mgriff

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2012 - 04:17 PM

I PM'd TRU for Halo 4 and Black Ops 2 while being assured that I'd still receive the $20 gamer unlocked certs
My Trade List/Want List - http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=184858
40 CAG Feedback
Aim SN: youknowgriff
Skype SN: G-Riff
Posted Image

#5688 Evolved

Evolved

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2012 - 04:43 PM

The game can destroy records all it wants, but the graphics suck huge dick.

I've never been a guy to complain much on graphics, as I play on a native 720p HDTV anyways, but this just looks horrid. Enough where I thought it was my TV at first (never thought this before..). I installed the texture package, adjusted video settings, and still..crap. On top off that, my gunfire seems to get lost in the commotion of the game. Call me odd, but in any FPS, I enjoy hearing the thick, resonating sound of my gun, no matter a big sniper rifle, or small pistol. In this game, it's muffled as mess..

It baffles me how each CoD game gets a BIT progressively better graphics wise, then this one just skyrockets down. Treyarch's games have always been my favorite too. Kinds disappointed in this one.

To give the Benefit of the doubt, this is my first new COD release on my PS3 (i bought every other one on 360)..but that's no excuse. As my MW3 copy looked just as good on my PS3 as my 360 copy..

As much as I hate to say it your problem is you're playing on ps3. They always screw over the ps3 guys so I stick to 360 for COD games. It's unfortunate.

#5689 advanced

advanced

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2012 - 04:52 PM

Yeah, you should be able to. If it does it with the second copy, it might be your Xbox.

#5690 halofreak64

halofreak64

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2012 - 04:52 PM

Does anyone know if I preorder the 360 version but pickup the ps3 one if I will still get the 20$

#5691 advanced

advanced

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2012 - 04:54 PM

Does anyone know if I preorder the 360 version but pickup the ps3 one if I will still get the 20$

Enuf said something about this a while back. If I remember right, he said you had to buy the 360 one and then try to get an exchange for the PS3 one or something of the sort. You could try messaging him, or maybe he'll see this.

#5692 Vigilante

Vigilante

Always Watching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2012 - 05:02 PM

This thread is slightly more active than the Sunday Ad one, and no one seems to be responding to my question in that thread, so I'll repost it here:

I'm considering finally upgrading to a 3DS XL with BBY's $20 off deal, but I have a number of options in how I could go about paying for it (note: I have more than $50 worth of RZ points I was planning on saving for BF and future purchases):

1) Pay the full $179.99 plus tax using my Pitch-In Card (which has more than enough to cover the cost).

2) Use a $50 RZ certificate to bring the cost down to $129.99 plus tax and pay that using my Pitch-In Card.

3) Use the 3x RZ points coupon I got as a Premier Silver member (which expires Sunday) and pay for the full $179.99 plus tax using my check card to get 180x3 = 540 RZ points = $10 in RZ certificates plus 40 points (since I wouldn't get RZ points if I used my Pitch-In Card).

4) Same as (3), but use a $50 RZ certificate to lower the cost to $129.99 plus tax and get 130x3 = 390 RZ points = $5 RZ certificate plus 140 points, again paying with my check card.

Any thoughts as to which sounds like the best option? Thanks in advance. :)

Cloud_Squall78.png
Currently Playing: :3ds: Kirby: Triple Deluxe :ps3: Just Cause 2; Tales of Xillia 2  :vita: One Piece: Unlimited World RED

Last Beaten/Completed Game(s) [8/31]: :vita: Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus (4.25/5)

Last Watched Film [8/9]: The Raid 2 (insane choreography, complex story)

"Moreso than the good, it is the evil who must be rescued." -Shigesato Itoi

#5693 sninh

sninh

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2012 - 05:06 PM

Received a $50 cert this morning for blops2 and halo 4! I pre ordered them both 15 days ago and i'm a silver member. Black friday here I come!

#5694 newtype06

newtype06

Coordinator

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2012 - 05:10 PM

Just logged in to my RZ page and I noticed that my receipt for Black Ops 2 isn't there... yet (the usual "pending", etc.)

Anybody else noticed this, or is it just my account?

#5695 YBX87

YBX87

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2012 - 05:10 PM

This thread is slightly more active than the Sunday Ad one, and no one seems to be responding to my question in that thread, so I'll repost it here:

I'm considering finally upgrading to a 3DS XL with BBY's $20 off deal, but I have a number of options in how I could go about paying for it (note: I have more than $50 worth of RZ points I was planning on saving for BF and future purchases):

1) Pay the full $179.99 plus tax using my Pitch-In Card (which has more than enough to cover the cost).

2) Use a $50 RZ certificate to bring the cost down to $129.99 plus tax and pay that using my Pitch-In Card.

3) Use the 3x RZ points coupon I got as a Premier Silver member (which expires Sunday) and pay for the full $179.99 plus tax using my check card to get 180x3 = 540 RZ points = $10 in RZ certificates plus 40 points (since I wouldn't get RZ points if I used my Pitch-In Card).

4) Same as (3), but use a $50 RZ certificate to lower the cost to $129.99 plus tax and get 130x3 = 390 RZ points = $5 RZ certificate plus 140 points, again paying with my check card.

Any thoughts as to which sounds like the best option? Thanks in advance. :)

i would go with option 1 and 2, because it seems like through those options you are really paying actual cash, but instead with bby credit. With the other options the rz certificate you get is just a minimal of $10 at most.

#5696 Evolved

Evolved

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2012 - 05:23 PM

Just logged in to my RZ page and I noticed that my receipt for Black Ops 2 isn't there... yet (the usual "pending", etc.)

Anybody else noticed this, or is it just my account?

Me too. Recently it's been taking a few days for my transactions to show up.

#5697 Death by Kuvasz

Death by Kuvasz

Cheap Ass Buckeye

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2012 - 05:29 PM

The TRU website does show Black Ops II with a price of $49.99 once its added to your cart. Shouldn't be a problem with a PM I believe unless you're trying to PM the bundle deal.

Thanks for the heads up on that, went over and pm'ed and got $10.86 back.
Posted Image

#5698 IamPro

IamPro

Posted 14 November 2012 - 05:47 PM

Note to self, never pre-order online again... too much hassle (and cell mins) to tell mid-age ppl to actually just look at the weekly flyer

#5699 lilman

lilman

Only the ordinary.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2012 - 05:49 PM

Thanks to the TRU ad, I got $10 off when I picked up CoD yesterday. I also brought in my Halo 4 receipt from a week ago and got $10 back. If only Dishonored had come out a little later, I could have price matched that one too.

#5700 Poor2More

Poor2More

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2012 - 05:53 PM

I see that Gamestop in this weeks ad has Resident Evil 6 for $39.99, does BestBuy pricematch GS?
Posted Image