Photo
- - - - -

Best Buy [Unlocked] $20 RZ Cert. Pre-order Promo 2012

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
6026 replies to this topic

Poll: Which games are you pre-ordering? (3098 member(s) have cast votes)

Which games are you pre-ordering?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#5911 havuk

havuk

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2012 - 02:45 AM

i'm still waiting on my points from AC3 to post, i have 4000+ pending, has anyone recieved the points for AC3 yet?

#5912 TooPoor

TooPoor

∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2012 - 03:24 AM

The video says 6 episodes so I would guess 3-4 hours? Maybe 5.

Oh I saw the video just now too, looks like not a lot of content on the co op side, bummer.
Thanks cancer.

Mathematically Correct.

Use factual statements, logical deductions, mathematical calculations and objective analysis; not rage.

My Trade List

NI_YA_SHA_BI.png

#5913 razrvamp

razrvamp

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2012 - 03:26 AM

i'm still waiting on my points from AC3 to post, i have 4000+ pending, has anyone recieved the points for AC3 yet?

I haven't got mine either for AC3 I've had 2000 plus points pending for a month

#5914 kayne2000

kayne2000

All Glory to Tachikoma Paradise

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2012 - 03:56 AM

same here, my backlog is just staring back at me. Especially since I have work, it leaves very little time for gaming. my backlog will probably take me till 2014 to get through them all with my schedule, Lmafo. first world problems

im not even sure 2014 is enough time lol. then there is my movie and TV backlog...then there is my book backlog...

maybe im some sick person that enjoys backlogs?

#5915 jr1016

jr1016

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2012 - 04:04 AM

It doesn't seem like most CAGs are interested in Far Cry 3 based on the poll. I wasn't either until I saw this really well made trailer, so give 10 minutes to check it out before passing on this title. :)

Wow, this video just convince me as well. Will be preordering it tomorrow since I have the BLOPS 2 RZ cert ready to print.

#5916 Killbomb

Killbomb

Waiting for Darkness

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2012 - 04:35 AM

I haven't got mine either for AC3 I've had 2000 plus points pending for a month

I received my A3 points several days ago. Used them and an extra $5 cert I had earned towards Far Cry 3.

im not even sure 2014 is enough time lol. then there is my movie and TV backlog...then there is my book backlog...

maybe im some sick person that enjoys backlogs?

You're not alone. I feel sometimes that the pursuit of games and gaming deals is more fun than playing them...lol. Maybe they should rename the site to Cheap Ass Backlogger. :D
Posted Image

Posted Image

#5917 bob330i

bob330i

just lookin'

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2012 - 04:39 AM

Got my AC3 points exactly 2 weeks after I picked it up. Got my BLOPS2 points last Tuesday. I'm silver since that seems to matter.

#5918 krashhole

krashhole

Gaming since 1981

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2012 - 05:00 AM

Amazing footage. My son is stoked for this game.

#5919 jcp42877

jcp42877

Semper Fortis

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2012 - 06:15 AM

I just got a gamer boner from watching that video...and I was already going to buy the game anyways!

I hope the "Skyrim with guns" statement holds true!
Posted Image

#5920 CaptainZombie

CaptainZombie

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2012 - 02:49 PM

I just received my BLOP 2 certs last week. This week if I PM frys at $49 does it affect anything since I already got the $20 for per-order?

#5921 Rockinjs

Rockinjs

Trading Time Out (Under Investigation) Do not trade!

• Trading Timeout - Under Review

Posted 30 November 2012 - 03:04 PM

I just received my BLOP 2 certs last week. This week if I PM frys at $49 does it affect anything since I already got the $20 for per-order?

Tell them you want to PM but make sure they don't return and rebuy it should say price adjustment or exchange on your receipt for you to not lose out on the $20 cert.

#5922 CaptainZombie

CaptainZombie

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2012 - 03:11 PM

Tell them you want to PM but make sure they don't return and rebuy it should say price adjustment or exchange on your receipt for you to not lose out on the $20 cert.

Ok thanks

#5923 sidewalkhustla

sidewalkhustla

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2012 - 04:48 PM

Anyone know of any FC3 PM opportunities yet?

#5924 cancerman1120

cancerman1120

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2012 - 04:55 PM

Anyone know of any FC3 PM opportunities yet?

No but the game is not even out in the US yet. Being Ubisoft I think there will be a chance in 30 days.

#5925 mpaullin

mpaullin

Standby for Dishwasher Livestream

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2012 - 05:45 PM

I am currently scheming to save some money on Far Cry next week and wanted some input from my fellow CAGs.

I want to PM Toys R Us' buy 1 get 1 50% for next week (I know that in of itself is YMMV, but I have had success at my local Best Buy before). Yesterday I bought Playstation All Stars at full price, so my plan was to do a return rebuy of that long with Far Cry to get the deal.

The catch is that I used a $25 reward certificate when buying All Stars (and a $10 Gift Card), so the price on the receipt is $35. Is it possible for me to return this and get the full $60 back (in credit) to apply to my $90 purchase of All stars and Far cry?

#5926 Jaysonguy

Jaysonguy

Mr. Wonderful

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2012 - 05:48 PM

I am currently scheming to save some money on Far Cry next week and wanted some input from my fellow CAGs.

I want to PM Toys R Us' buy 1 get 1 50% for next week (I know that in of itself is YMMV, but I have had success at my local Best Buy before). Yesterday I bought Playstation All Stars at full price, so my plan was to do a return rebuy of that long with Far Cry to get the deal.

The catch is that I used a $25 reward certificate when buying All Stars (and a $10 Gift Card), so the price on the receipt is $35. Is it possible for me to return this and get the full $60 back (in credit) to apply to my $90 purchase of All stars and Far cry?

None whatsoever

Editor in chief at PanicGamer.com
Steam ID: TheRealJaysonguy
We're looking for people who want to review games, interested? Email: jobs@panicgamer.com

#5927 mpaullin

mpaullin

Standby for Dishwasher Livestream

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2012 - 05:53 PM

None whatsoever

Shucks! thanks for the quick reply.. Another silly question: I also bought Hitman last week at full price, but it came with a $20 Gift Card. Would doing a return rebuy on that work? Or will they subtract $20 from the return amount?

#5928 Cheaper

Cheaper

Posted 30 November 2012 - 06:00 PM

So I got the thanksgiving cert of $5 ($5-$5000) and I went to BBY to use it to preorder GTA V, then they told me that I can't use certs for pre-order
I tried adding $5 cash to the pre-order totalling to $10 to see if that would work but it didn't

They said something about a change in the system where you no longer can use certs for pre-order or something

is this true?

anyway I ended up leaving the damn place furious

#5929 SadPanda99

SadPanda99

I hate know it alls

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2012 - 06:11 PM

So I got the thanksgiving cert of $5 ($5-$5000) and I went to BBY to use it to preorder GTA V, then they told me that I can't use certs for pre-order
I tried adding $5 cash to the pre-order totalling to $10 to see if that would work but it didn't

They said something about a change in the system where you no longer can use certs for pre-order or something

is this true?

It's true, and I think it's because the certs act to reduce the price of the item, which I suspect makes things really difficult for the IT guys when it's used as a preorder payment and has yet to reduce anything.
Posted Image

PM me to trade for EA PGA 11, MMA, Shift 2 Season Passes

#5930 chaosgamer

chaosgamer

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 December 2012 - 01:44 AM

After seeing that far cry 3 reveal video & learning the fact that enemies dont respawn in camps like in far cry 2 & they fixed it much better i am sold

Games Playing

:wii:  - Pandora's Tower, Donkey Kong Jungle Beat

:ps3: - Wolfenstein The New Order, Kingdom Hearts Remix, Child Of Light

EXTREMEULTIMATE.png

#5931 warboss zorbag

warboss zorbag

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 December 2012 - 02:17 AM

Haven't seen my halo points yet. I had to fight like crazy with customer service for my Dishonored one.

Really wanna use my halo rewards on far cry. Hope it happens, game looks crazy good.

#5932 advanced

advanced

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 December 2012 - 03:06 AM

is this true?

It's true, and I think it's because the certs act to reduce the price of the item, which I suspect makes things really difficult for the IT guys when it's used as a preorder payment and has yet to reduce anything.

Thanks for the info, guys. I preordered all of my games this year with $5 certs, but I guess I'll have to pony up the cash this time! No biggie.

#5933 HyperG

HyperG

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 December 2012 - 08:08 AM

To anyone wondering if they can do b2g1 free 39.99 and under and still get 20 dollar certs, yes, it's sort of worked for me so far (the next few lines explain why it's sort of worked, you just got to also prepay for the entire game though except for the taxes at the time of pre-order). I still have to call reward zone and complain that I didn't get my 1000 points so I could get a 20 dollar cert but I was told by my local store to call and get it resolved since that's what the employees have to do themselves sometimes when they buy games.

www.GamersVlog.com - Enter for game giveaways.

#5934 JohnWayne

JohnWayne

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 December 2012 - 10:21 AM

Can you still use the certificates to preorder games online?

#5935 Tax

Tax

The Project

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 December 2012 - 02:22 PM

PC, Wii, or any other platform of any of the titles does not qualify as a purchase towards this promotion.

Wish I'd seen that earlier. I called Reward Zone twice to ask why my points hadn't even shown up yet for my PC version of Black Ops II.

However, they did give me a $10 reward certificate after each call, so I guess I did get $20 in the end.

#5936 htz

htz

Posted 01 December 2012 - 07:08 PM

Can you still use the certificates to preorder games online?

Yes, I used a $20 RZ cert for my Far Cry 3 pre-order. Best Buy has already shipped my copy out yesterday.

#5937 JohnWayne

JohnWayne

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 December 2012 - 10:56 PM

Yes, I used a $20 RZ cert for my Far Cry 3 pre-order. Best Buy has already shipped my copy out yesterday.

Thanks htz, gonna order my copy of far cry 3 for in-store pickup, hopefully no issues.

#5938 Enuf

Enuf

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 December 2012 - 11:00 PM

PC, Wii, or any other platform of any of the titles does not qualify as a purchase towards this promotion.

Wish I'd seen that earlier. I called Reward Zone twice to ask why my points hadn't even shown up yet for my PC version of Black Ops II.

However, they did give me a $10 reward certificate after each call, so I guess I did get $20 in the end.

I already have a post created on the ideas page that with enuf support should get PC versions of games included into most if not all BB gaming promos going forward. Not sure why they don't already though will post a link when I get to my pc

#5939 jcp42877

jcp42877

Semper Fortis

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2012 - 07:07 AM

Still no word on a cheaper FC3 release price that can be PM'ed?

I mean, I along with many, agree that being a Ubisoft game, well probably see one within 60 days, but at least $49.99..hell, $54.99... would be nice to see. If that we're the case, I'd only be paying $24ish after my preorder and certs!
Posted Image

#5940 aircobra

aircobra

Posted 03 December 2012 - 07:42 AM

Still no word on a cheaper FC3 release price that can be PM'ed?

I mean, I along with many, agree that being a Ubisoft game, well probably see one within 60 days, but at least $49.99..hell, $54.99... would be nice to see. If that we're the case, I'd only be paying $24ish after my preorder and certs!

Why so worried? Seems likely that there will be a sale within a couple weeks. You don't need to keep posting about it.