Photo
- - - - -

Best Buy [Unlocked] $20 RZ Cert. Pre-order Promo 2012

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
6026 replies to this topic

Poll: Which games are you pre-ordering? (3098 member(s) have cast votes)

Which games are you pre-ordering?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#61 cancerman1120

cancerman1120

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 June 2012 - 08:41 AM

The thing is we get double points with all gaming purchases at BB. 1 point as base and another point as a bonus. When I do a refund on a gaming purchase, it does deduct from the bonus section also. I'm worry about the system seeing a partial 40 original base points deducted and totally voids out the 1,000 bonus points as not meeting the promo's original criteria of 120 points (60 base/ 60 bonus).

Well with all the problems last year with the 5/100 deal people still got their bonus with the PM so I am thinking it should work the same way. I cannot be 100% certain but it would almost be like voiding their PM policy if you decide to participate which I am not sure they have ever done.
Posted Image

#62 htz

htz

Posted 03 June 2012 - 08:46 AM

Well with all the problems last year with the 5/100 deal people still got their bonus with the PM so I am thinking it should work the same way. I cannot be 100% certain but it would almost be like voiding their PM policy if you decide to participate which I am not sure they have ever done.

Technically it has nothing to do with preventing you from doing a PM. They will do the PM, it just that they might not give you the 1,000 bonus RZ points. I guess we will have to wait until somebody tries it out, most likely from CAGs who plan on getting NCAA 13 and have the earliest chance of maybe doing a PM.

#63 chssnaredrum04

chssnaredrum04

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 June 2012 - 08:49 AM

just curious, can you use reward certificates you already have towards pre-ordering games?
Posted ImagePosted Image

#64 Vap

Vap

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 June 2012 - 09:08 AM

All this talk of BB fucking up reminded me that I still haven't got my $20 from ME 3...maybe I shouldn't do this promo.

#65 gamingdroid

gamingdroid

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 June 2012 - 09:21 AM

Anyone pre-ordered Halo 4 from BB in-store and received the poster?

What is it like size and packaging? Is it a cheap item, or super cool? How did you pick it up in-store?

Ordering online, might just mean I get a folded poster and poorly packaged and beaten up game.

#66 kayne2000

kayne2000

All Glory to Tachikoma Paradise

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 June 2012 - 09:28 AM

so do limited editions count such as halo 4 limited edition and the others?

and what if you have already preordered a game before this was annouced? for instance i already preordered AC3 at BB am i good???

#67 Bizzquik

Bizzquik

Posted 03 June 2012 - 09:28 AM

All this talk of BB fucking up reminded me that I still haven't got my $20 from ME 3...maybe I shouldn't do this promo.

I'm with you. Still no ME3 certificate. And I remember what a hassle this whole thing was last year.....

Obviously the comparison varies by state, but here in Washington State, a $60 game is basically $5 additional for tax; so a game purchase = $65. Minus $20 (for eventual use of) gift card = $45 with this Best Buy promotion.

On the other hand, NewEgg consistently has pre-order specials 3-4 weeks out from release at $48 (and for me, no tax). Thing is, you have to watch for 'em. So NewEgg is $3 more, but there is essentially zero hassle - you're not even having to worry about gift cards/certificates (to say nothing of having to wait 30 days for gift cards/certificates). Down side is that the pre-order typically doesn't arrive in the mail until Friday, so three days after release.

And who knows? Maybe ToysRUs will keep on having lengthy online pre-order specials. They were charging $45 (online only), which for me pretty much put me right back at the cost of the NewEgg sale after TRU tax. ($45 + $3 tax)

Bottom Line: After the struggle most of us went through with Best Buy last year, people not in California should really consider the NewEgg route for their pre-orders; just make sure to keep checking CAG for the pre-order sales.

But thanks for the heads-up, TC. I will probably take advantage of this for a few games that I want Day 1.

#68 iduncurr

iduncurr

Posted 03 June 2012 - 09:40 AM

so do limited editions count such as halo 4 limited edition and the others?

and what if you have already preordered a game before this was annouced? for instance i already preordered AC3 at BB am i good???

When you purchase it with your GCU ID/RWZ ID you should be good.

#69 snakeinthegrass

snakeinthegrass

CAGiversary!

• Trading Timeout - Under Review

Posted 03 June 2012 - 10:09 AM

The preorder bonus at BB for Dishonored sounds really nice - this seals the deal.

#70 Havok83

Havok83

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 June 2012 - 10:23 AM

wow... I Preordered AC3 way back when with the Steelbook. It should still work shouldn't it?

yes it should
Posted Image

#71 SeanTM22

SeanTM22

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 June 2012 - 10:43 AM

The preorder bonus at BB for Dishonored sounds really nice - this seals the deal.

Anyone know what the size of the usb stick is? 2gb-4gb?

#72 jdb230

jdb230

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 June 2012 - 11:55 AM

Bear in mind the difference between 1000 RZ points and a Gift Card. RZ certs have to be used in full in a single transaction and expire 90 days after they're issued. And this is enough points that anyone whose not a Silver member will be auto-issed a certificate. Not a huge deal since these certs will be active during the holiday shopping season, but it's definitely less flexible than an open-ended Gift Card.

Any rz member can set the point amount for certificates to be auto generated, max is $500, by default it is set to $5. So if you just select the highest, then you don't have to worry about certificates being automatically generated for you, and you can request them when you want to use them and for the amount you want to use them for (in $5 increments of course. The only difference for silver members is we can "bank" the points so they dont expire, as supposedly, regular member points expire at the end of each year. I never had that happen to me in the past, but it might have been something to do with being a rewardzone mastercard holder too.

#73 jdb230

jdb230

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 June 2012 - 12:07 PM

The thing is we get double points with all gaming purchases at BB. 1 point as base and another point as a bonus. When I do a refund on a gaming purchase, it does deduct from the bonus section also. I'm worry about the system seeing a partial 40 original base points deducted and totally voids out the 1,000 bonus points as not meeting the promo's original criteria of 120 points (60 base/ 60 bonus).

where are you seeing this "criteria"? or is it just something you are assuming?

Price matching has always worked in the past on pre-order deals (whether they've been in the form of gift cards or rewardzone certificates) so I see no reason to see why that would be changed now, especially when nothing in the terms states otherwise.

#74 jdb230

jdb230

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 June 2012 - 12:11 PM

just curious, can you use reward certificates you already have towards pre-ordering games?

I've done it before. Only thing is if u pre-order in store, they only have the ability to put $5 down towards it. If you do it online (and can do in store pick up, which fyi, anyone planning on going to a midnight release, I strongly suggest you do your pre-order online w/ instore pick up, at least at my store, that is the difference of waiting an extra 30-60 mins to pick it up as they have separate lines and the in store pick up is always so much faster) Online pre-orders you can pay the full thing, so if the game is 59.99, at most you can apply a $55 rz certificate to it.

only drawback to pre-ordering online, you have to pay the full amount at time of pre-order, they are not like amazon who only charges upon shipping.

#75 cancerman1120

cancerman1120

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 June 2012 - 12:21 PM

I'm with you. Still no ME3 certificate. And I remember what a hassle this whole thing was last year.....

Obviously the comparison varies by state, but here in Washington State, a $60 game is basically $5 additional for tax; so a game purchase = $65. Minus $20 (for eventual use of) gift card = $45 with this Best Buy promotion.

On the other hand, NewEgg consistently has pre-order specials 3-4 weeks out from release at $48 (and for me, no tax). Thing is, you have to watch for 'em. So NewEgg is $3 more, but there is essentially zero hassle - you're not even having to worry about gift cards/certificates (to say nothing of having to wait 30 days for gift cards/certificates). Down side is that the pre-order typically doesn't arrive in the mail until Friday, so three days after release.

And who knows? Maybe ToysRUs will keep on having lengthy online pre-order specials. They were charging $45 (online only), which for me pretty much put me right back at the cost of the NewEgg sale after TRU tax. ($45 + $3 tax)

Bottom Line: After the struggle most of us went through with Best Buy last year, people not in California should really consider the NewEgg route for their pre-orders; just make sure to keep checking CAG for the pre-order sales.

But thanks for the heads-up, TC. I will probably take advantage of this for a few games that I want Day 1.

You are forgetting the great equalizer...the price match. It may have been a hassle for some but in the end the 5/100 was the best deal last year on day 1 games. Now with the 5 game restriction lifted it makes it even better because you can do it for any combination you want. Many of us have Silver status which will be granting a 60 day PM window almost assuring some type of discount on top of the $20. $42 + a $20 cert for day 1 release will be the best deal this fall again.
Posted Image

#76 MrshllJcb

MrshllJcb

Drinkin High Life

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 June 2012 - 01:09 PM

You are forgetting the great equalizer...the price match. It may have been a hassle for some but in the end the 5/100 was the best deal last year on day 1 games. Now with the 5 game restriction lifted it makes it even better because you can do it for any combination you want. Many of us have Silver status which will be granting a 60 day PM window almost assuring some type of discount on top of the $20. $42 + a $20 cert for day 1 release will be the best deal this fall again.

+1 to this. And on top of that BB has a pretty nice trade in program right now so those of us that take advantage of that of that usually have a lot of credit built up at BB (or Amazon) which is something that cant be done at Newegg. (I do love newegg too though)

#77 Dund3r

Dund3r

You can't handle my undivided attention.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 June 2012 - 01:22 PM

I plan on doing this deal for every title on the list. Keep what games I want and sell the rest online. It's an investment, but in the long run with the pricematching, reward zone points, and the $20 gift certs, it will pay off. I am doing something similar right now with Max Payne 3 (buy it for $60 + tax, sell it for ~$45 online, wait for the ~$20 drop in price so I can PM, and earn the $20 gift card and reward zone points). When NCAA 13 drops in price sometime in late July/early August, I'll go in for the PM and follow how it's reflected in reward zone points.

It'll be a good practice run for the fall when we are bombarded with good games. :lol:

Edited by Dund3r, 03 June 2012 - 01:36 PM.

"People who buy things are suckers." - Ron Swanson

#78 Sharkey1337

Sharkey1337

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 June 2012 - 01:36 PM

Now don't you have to wait the 30 days before the points are no longer pending? Or is this not the case for these deals? If I have to wait, then this is probably a deal breaker for me.

#79 WV Matsui

WV Matsui

Posted 03 June 2012 - 01:44 PM

Great deal!

#80 Sharkey1337

Sharkey1337

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 June 2012 - 01:53 PM

SHIT, yep it says right there in the terms:

Points will post to your account approximately 30 days from time of pickup or shipment.

Well that totally messes things up for me, I might just get Borderlands 2 and Resident Evil 6, then use the $40 on Halo 4 to get an extra $20, which I won't be able to use until December 6th, ugh.

Edited by Sharkey1337, 03 June 2012 - 02:07 PM.

#81 Dund3r

Dund3r

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 June 2012 - 01:55 PM

Anyone know what the size of the usb stick is? 2gb-4gb?

Is this a preorder bonus? I don't see it listed on the BB site?...

#82 Flame Killa

Flame Killa

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 June 2012 - 01:59 PM

So will standard shipping get me the game day 1?

Also, I like how shipping for Halo 4 is free but I have to pay shipping for the poster they force on you...

#83 dc delta90

dc delta90

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 June 2012 - 02:07 PM

The real question is, if they'll count PC releases of these games, unlike what happened last year with the other promotion were they specifically forbade any game on the list if it was a PC version.

Also majorly conspicuous by it's absence is the new Call of Duty game. The new Halo in place of that is *NOT* a fair trade.

Call of Duty Black Ops II is in the offer. The link to the FULL list on MYRZ.com (need to be logged in as an Unlocked member) isn't working right now but when it is updated you will find COD as one of the titles. So there are a total of 12 eligible titles.

Other things to note:
1) Collector's and Limited Editions are eligible.
2) Only PS3 and 360 versions are eligible. Sorry, but no PC or other platforms.
3) Need to be a RZGC Unlocked member BEFORE you pick up the game you want. Don't need to be at time of preorder but DO need to be before you purchase. Why wait though, you get lots of other benefits (10% more on your software trades, double points on trades and new games and accessory purchases, 10% off used games plus a year of @Gamer ($100 minimum in coupons each issue - 10 issues/yr.).
4) PM'ing will not affect the 1000 point bonus. All that is required is being a RZGC Unlocked member, you preorder the game and purchase it within the prescribed window. The bonus isn't affected but as another poster called out, RZ points are deducted with returns/price matches.
5) Each title is on a per title basis. So WAY better and easier than last year where you had to keep track of the 5 games. Each qualifying cert will be released within 35 days.
6) 100% trade-in bonus going on right now at Best Buy stores that can take trades (most of 'em). 110% for Unlocked members.

On the Mass Effect or Max Payne gift card offers, if you haven't received your gift cards POST in the BestBuy forums or CALL customer service. They will help you get your gift card as long as you fulfilled all requirements!

#84 handsomepete

handsomepete

Posted 03 June 2012 - 02:10 PM

Thanks for the heads up, once again best buy gets my fall pre-order monies. The 5 / $100 deal may have been a bit of a train wreck last year, but ultimately it worked out great for me. Just having individual $20 bonuses in points oughta work dandy. Going to go trade in ~$130 in stuff today and then I'll come home and pay for RE6 and ACIII with the gift card online with free expedited shipping for silver. It'll be a nice surprise come October when it'll be all paid for and just show up at my door.

MildObstruction.png

#85 Lyricsborn

Lyricsborn

CAG of the Year

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 June 2012 - 02:17 PM

Im a bit of a BB noob. Can someone explain how to acheive Gamerzone unlocked please?

#86 6er

6er

XBOX, GO HOME

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 June 2012 - 02:18 PM

Holy.crap, so I preorder AC III and get a steelbook and $20 and DLC? And dishonored gets DLC and the lamp? There goes my money

#87 DTX_Dan

DTX_Dan

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 June 2012 - 02:18 PM

Sweet...

Thanks OP. Guess I'm pre-ordering Halo 4 today. :)

#88 Dund3r

Dund3r

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 June 2012 - 02:38 PM

Im a bit of a BB noob. Can someone explain how to acheive Gamerzone unlocked please?

https://myrewardzone...gamers/benefits

Basically just go to a BB store, grab an @Gamer magazine and sign up.

#89 Capaneus

Capaneus

Posted 03 June 2012 - 02:45 PM

Anyone know if this includes PC versions of games (specifically Borderlands 2). I clicked on the "Qualifying Titles" link and I get a 404. BB has a history of randomly excluding PC versions, maybe because of lower profit margins?
sml_gallery_46393_8193_8746.png

#90 advanced

advanced

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 June 2012 - 02:48 PM

Call of Duty Black Ops II is in the offer.

Thanks for the update. I was hoping it would get added. I love Treyarch COD games.

I'm in for Borderlands 2, Resident Evil 6, NBA 2K13, Assassin's Creed III (already preordered for the steelbook), and Call of Duty Black Ops II. Maybe even NCAA or Madden if I feel like playing a football game in the summer.

Anyone know if this includes PC versions of games (specifically Borderlands 2). I clicked on the "Qualifying Titles" link and I get a 404. BB has a history of randomly excluding PC versions, maybe because of lower profit margins?

2) Only PS3 and 360 versions are eligible. Sorry, but no PC or other platforms.