Photo
- - - - -

Best Buy [Unlocked] $20 RZ Cert. Pre-order Promo 2012

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
6026 replies to this topic

Poll: Which games are you pre-ordering? (3098 member(s) have cast votes)

Which games are you pre-ordering?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#2011 PhilsUtley26

PhilsUtley26

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 September 2012 - 05:14 AM

I received the $20 GC/points for Borderlands 2 a few hours ago as well.

Pending or actually available to use? I was hoping to get mine to use for RE6, but figured it was too early.

#2012 brauma

brauma

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 September 2012 - 05:18 AM

Hmm, I asked the guy when I preordered Blands 2 and he said yea, you can get the $20 and use it for the other promotions, because I wanted to get RE6, then Halo after, stagger it each month so to speak, then when I picked it up yesterday, the guy said it takes roughly 30 days to register, which bothered me since RE6 comes out in 3 weeks. =/ Perhaps I can just use the $40 on Halo now.

#2013 DWulf

DWulf

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 September 2012 - 05:20 AM

Pending or actually available to use? I was hoping to get mine to use for RE6, but figured it was too early.

I think if you pre-order online, then the pending period actually starts with the date of pre-order (although obviously it won't come through before the purchase is completed by picking up in store or shipping). I remember I pre-ordered NCAA 13 almost a month before release, and I got my cert exactly 30 days after I pre-ordered, 2 days after I picked the game up.

#2014 BLAZETIGER

BLAZETIGER

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 September 2012 - 05:36 AM

Not one problem today. I gave her the sku for the DLC and it printed on my receipt. Interesting thing was the DLC rang up as $5 but packaged out when it totaled. You may be able to use that sku to buy the DLC without a pre-order. They also have one of those sweet posters so I was happy.

Where can I find the SKU for the DLC. I'm picking up my 360 copy tomorrow and I'd prefer to have the code on my receipt vs taking the chance of getting an email at a later date. I read back 10 pages and only saw mention of PS3 and PC.

#2015 cancerman1120

cancerman1120

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 September 2012 - 05:50 AM

Where can I find the SKU for the DLC. I'm picking up my 360 copy tomorrow and I'd prefer to have the code on my receipt vs taking the chance of getting an email at a later date. I read back 10 pages and only saw mention of PS3 and PC.

I am not sure what the heck happened to my post with the link. Why would a mod delete a link to the BBY forum?

Anyway the skus are

5584519 :360:
5584564 :ps3:
5700413 PC

You can go to the BBY forum and look for the Borderlands 2 thread about pre-order codes.

#2016 BLAZETIGER

BLAZETIGER

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 September 2012 - 05:56 AM

I am not sure what the heck happened to my post with the link. Why would a mod delete a link to the BBY forum?

Anyway the skus are

5584519 :360:
5584564 :ps3:
5700413 PC

You can go to the BBY forum and look for the Borderlands 2 thread about pre-order codes.

Thanks for the info.

#2017 247

Posted 20 September 2012 - 06:08 AM

You can't transfer reward certificates to a pitch in card?

#2018 cancerman1120

cancerman1120

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 September 2012 - 06:12 AM

You can't transfer reward certificates to a pitch in card?

Nope. I think since they have expiration dates.

#2019 DOMINATOR912

DOMINATOR912

RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 September 2012 - 06:42 AM

Ok, quick question. I picked up my order today and everything seemed fine. Got my DLC code printed on my receipt and everything. The only thing is, I forgot to give my Reward Zone info for this transaction. I gave it when I made the preorder, but not when I picked it up. Do I have to shoot customer service an email or should I be ok?

#2020 KENFL0

KENFL0

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 September 2012 - 06:45 AM

Ok, quick question. I picked up my order today and everything seemed fine. Got my DLC code printed on my receipt and everything. The only thing is, I forgot to give my Reward Zone info for this transaction. I gave it when I made the preorder, but not when I picked it up. Do I have to shoot customer service an email or should I be ok?

I think your gonna need to contact CS

#2021 plastik3000

plastik3000

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 September 2012 - 06:49 AM

Does it have your reward zone info on your pickup receipt?

#2022 Pliskin

Pliskin

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 September 2012 - 06:52 AM

You can add the purchase manually to your RWZ account via report missing purchases. You just need the customer pin number from your pick up receipt. I had to add it that way in the past and got my cert.

#2023 vashtheowner

vashtheowner

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 September 2012 - 08:03 AM

So I went to check and see if my borderlands 2 purchase went up on the reward zone website, and all of my purchases that I have made on that account have been taken off. Anyone else have something weird like that happen to them?

CrimsonStorm3.png

#2024 Dark Lord Greg

Dark Lord Greg

The Urban Legend

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 September 2012 - 08:17 AM

really people already got their $20 RZ? I am definitely calling tomorrow

Dark+Lord+Greg.png

#2025 Vigilante

Vigilante

Always Watching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 September 2012 - 08:47 AM

Well, my situation is half-solved--I had a good, long talk with a RZ rep on the phone about how I should get the $20 in RZ points because I "preordered" the :ps3: version of BL2 even though the preorder ticket was messed up with the UPCs. He tried to say that because I paid for the preorder deposit with a gift card, I wasn't eligible for bonus point promotions (WTF?), but eventually he relented to my reasoning and gave me 1000 points directly, which are now sitting in my account for dispersal when I choose. :D

Now I have to just wait 48 hours to not get a preorder DLC code emailed to me so I can call the regular BBY helpline to get a :ps3: code.

Cloud_Squall78.png
Currently Playing: :3ds: Kirby: Triple Deluxe :ps3: Bulletstorm; MGS2 HD [Dogtags/Misc.]  :vita: Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale
Last Beaten/Completed Game(s) [7/13]: :vita: Limbo (4.5/5)

Last Watched Film [7/10]: One Piece: Strong World (superb animation, awesome battles)

"Moreso than the good, it is the evil who must be rescued." -Shigesato Itoi

#2026 knight19

knight19

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 September 2012 - 10:41 AM

I already used it to pre-order Dishonored.

#2027 Vigilante

Vigilante

Always Watching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 September 2012 - 04:01 PM

I already used it to pre-order Dishonored.

This reminds me of a question I've meant to ask for some time: Is there any reason to not use RZ certificates when preordering any of the titles for this promotion? In particular, I thought it would make PMing easier in the future if you didn't use any since they lowered the cost of the item, not the total (like GCs).

For example, wouldn't it be difficult to PM a $39.99 sale price for Borderlands 2 at BBY if you used $20 in RZ certificates when you initially bought it, since technically you already paid $39.99 for the game?

I've got ~$40 in RZ certificates that I've held off on using on things I expect/hope to drop in price in the future in the event that PMing would be too difficult, but if I'm free to use them, I'd like to know. Thanks in advance. :)

EDIT: *sigh* I just checked my email and apparently the BBY employee yesterday processed my "preorder" correctly, since I received a preorder code for the PC version. :bomb: I guess I have to visit the BBY forums now or try calling again.

Cloud_Squall78.png
Currently Playing: :3ds: Kirby: Triple Deluxe :ps3: Bulletstorm; MGS2 HD [Dogtags/Misc.]  :vita: Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale
Last Beaten/Completed Game(s) [7/13]: :vita: Limbo (4.5/5)

Last Watched Film [7/10]: One Piece: Strong World (superb animation, awesome battles)

"Moreso than the good, it is the evil who must be rescued." -Shigesato Itoi

#2028 Geco17

Geco17

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 September 2012 - 04:37 PM

Just got my madden points added to my totalq

Same. But does anyone how to turn the preferences off? I don't like my certz issuing themselves. I apologize if it has been asked before, but I couldn't find it.

#2029 sninh

sninh

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 September 2012 - 04:41 PM

My borderlands cert posted today.I've had no problems with this promo at all

#2030 Kyden139

Kyden139

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 September 2012 - 04:48 PM

Same. But does anyone how to turn the preferences off? I don't like my certz issuing themselves. I apologize if it has been asked before, but I couldn't find it.

Only silver members can bank points indefinitely. Otherwise you can pick what value of cert you want to issue automatically with $20 being the highest.

#2031 mpaullin

mpaullin

Sarcasm Font Enthusiast

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 September 2012 - 04:54 PM

Well I think I've decided that I want to pick up Borderlands 2 now that all of the glowing reviews are out (was initially afraid that it would be "more of the same"), but the cheapass in me is full of regret since the $20 certificate is essentially dead. What do you think the chances are that I could get one anyway by calling the Reward Zone number?

The only reasons I think this could work is: I'm a silver member; I'm GCU; when you look up Borderlands 2 on bestbuy.com it still says "$20 reward zone certificate, find out how".

Maybe if I buy it and then call and play dumb saying "When will I get my reward zone certificate? I bought it before the 25 and am GCU". I could feign confusion because I'm pretty sure it used to be that if you preordered or picked up in the first week, these types of deals would work... Wouldnt be one of my prouder moments, but I'm considering it.

#2032 Geco17

Geco17

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 September 2012 - 05:04 PM

Only silver members can bank points indefinitely. Otherwise you can pick what value of cert you want to issue automatically with $20 being the highest.

Thank you for the response! Guess I'm taking my dad in to get his phone upgraded at BB so I can get the free Silver membership

#2033 tukai

tukai

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 September 2012 - 05:24 PM

My borderlands cert posted today.I've had no problems with this promo at all

What was the description of the cert when you view your points and purchases on the site?

#2034 panda911

panda911

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 September 2012 - 05:29 PM

Well I think I've decided that I want to pick up Borderlands 2 now that all of the glowing reviews are out (was initially afraid that it would be "more of the same"), but the cheapass in me is full of regret since the $20 certificate is essentially dead. What do you think the chances are that I could get one anyway by calling the Reward Zone number?

The only reasons I think this could work is: I'm a silver member; I'm GCU; when you look up Borderlands 2 on bestbuy.com it still says "$20 reward zone certificate, find out how".

Maybe if I buy it and then call and play dumb saying "When will I get my reward zone certificate? I bought it before the 25 and am GCU". I could feign confusion because I'm pretty sure it used to be that if you preordered or picked up in the first week, these types of deals would work... Wouldnt be one of my prouder moments, but I'm considering it.

I'm not gonna play moral police but if you had any interest at all in BL2, why didn't you preorder it and then cancel later if the reviews were bad? Also I don't know what reviews you've read, but BL2 is most definitely more of the same in the best way possible. They've streamlined some stuff and the characters are different (except for turret bro), but it's the same beautiful game as Borderlands 1.

#2035 TooPoor

TooPoor

∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 September 2012 - 05:31 PM

Thank you for the response! Guess I'm taking my dad in to get his phone upgraded at BB so I can get the free Silver membership

FYI, BBY had a phone freedom promotion that gives you $50 GC, I have used it 2 months ago don't know if it's still there.

Mathematically Correct.
Use factual statements, logical deductions, mathematical calculations and objective analysis; not rage.

My Trade List

NI_YA_SHA_BI.png

#2036 aircobra

aircobra

Posted 20 September 2012 - 05:35 PM

Doing the exact same thing for my mom.

#2037 247

Posted 20 September 2012 - 05:38 PM

FYI, BBY had a phone freedom promotion that gives you $50 GC, I have used it 2 months ago don't know if it's still there.

You had to register your number by 2/12/12.

#2038 TooPoor

TooPoor

∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 September 2012 - 05:54 PM

You had to register your number by 2/12/12.

Oh yeah, I remember now. Work has destroyed my non-volatile memory...
Sorry about the misinformation.

Mathematically Correct.
Use factual statements, logical deductions, mathematical calculations and objective analysis; not rage.

My Trade List

NI_YA_SHA_BI.png

#2039 Dark Lord Greg

Dark Lord Greg

The Urban Legend

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 September 2012 - 07:20 PM

well my points posted but are pending until October 22, gonna call to see if it can be earlier

edit- actually it's showing only 38 points for a $20 purcahse which was when I went in and bought the Gamers Unlocked and pre-ordered Borderlands

Dark+Lord+Greg.png

#2040 Brother Daz

Brother Daz

Scotch and yes?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 September 2012 - 09:57 PM

3 pages later and we're finally done with this?