Photo
- - - - -

Best Buy [Unlocked] $20 RZ Cert. Pre-order Promo 2012

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
6026 replies to this topic

Poll: Which games are you pre-ordering? (3098 member(s) have cast votes)

Which games are you pre-ordering?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#2131 loomis1975

loomis1975

Cell Block CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 September 2012 - 01:47 AM

Its one code for all of it.

I still haven't received my copy of BL2 in the mail yet, they shipped it over a week ago, but I saw the dreaded news, it was sent UPS MAIL INNOVATIONS, aka the slowest way to get something from point A to point B known to man. Their usual hangup is when it is transferred from UPS to the Post Office and my shipment is no different, has been in limbo since Tuesday. That or some USPS worker is playing my copy of Borderlands right about now.

#2132 slowdive21

slowdive21

CAG Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 September 2012 - 01:52 AM

Quick question. I just opened my B2 and the instructions were ripped and there were no codes in it. There isn't supposed to be a code with the game right? I know the one code printed on my receipt, but I am talking about an online code or something.

#2133 PhilsUtley26

PhilsUtley26

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 September 2012 - 01:59 AM

Quick question. I just opened my B2 and the instructions were ripped and there were no codes in it. There isn't supposed to be a code with the game right? I know the one code printed on my receipt, but I am talking about an online code or something.

No code.

#2134 joeyshadows

joeyshadows

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 September 2012 - 04:08 AM

Went to gamestop to pick up a game and was talking to the manager about the bestbuy code mix up. He ended up asking me what system I got the game for and gave me a code for slaughter map and premiere club. Then went back to BB today and had the chick reprint my receipt with the code on it. I think one of the problems was that some employees were not told about bundling out the dlc. That or they just plain forgot to.

#2135 Pliskin

Pliskin

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 September 2012 - 04:44 AM

My transaction has updated and now includes the "Victory Can Be Pre-Ordered Bonus" and the 1000 points are now pending. Awesome.

All my recent points have cleared way before 30 days. I'm not sure if it's some kind of glitch or what.

The same thing has been happening to me as well. No idea why though.

#2136 asinginpix

asinginpix

Posted 22 September 2012 - 06:10 AM

I apologize in advance if this question has already been answered... I am new to the gamer club unlocked program. Madden was my first preorder then purchase. I still have not received my $20 RZ cert for my purchase so I checked my account online and noticed that my Madden purchase was not on my account. I called support with my receipt info and the rep added the purchase to my account (it had been posted to a different RZ account number???).

My online account now shows that I purchased Madden but there is still no mention of the 1000 pending points. I had a $40 gift card from trading in NCAA that I used to purchase Madden and the remaining balance was put on my bank card. Did I forfeit any chance of getting my 1000 points/$20 RZ cert by using a gift card to pay for the purchase???? I didnt notice until after the fact that there are no RZ points for for purchases made with gift cards.

Thanks in advance for any help/ideas. I was hoping to use the $20 RZ cert towards my FIFA pick up next week.

#2137 KENFL0

KENFL0

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 September 2012 - 06:14 AM

I apologize in advance if this question has already been answered... I am new to the gamer club unlocked program. Madden was my first preorder then purchase. I still have not received my $20 RZ cert for my purchase so I checked my account online and noticed that my Madden purchase was not on my account. I called support with my receipt info and the rep added the purchase to my account (it had been posted to a different RZ account number???).

My online account now shows that I purchased Madden but there is still no mention of the 1000 pending points. I had a $40 gift card from trading in NCAA that I used to purchase Madden and the remaining balance was put on my bank card. Did I forfeit any chance of getting my 1000 points/$20 RZ cert by using a gift card to pay for the purchase???? I didnt notice until after the fact that there are no RZ points for for purchases made with gift cards.

Thanks in advance for any help/ideas. I was hoping to use the $20 RZ cert towards my FIFA pick up next week.

You can use gift cards for getting the 20 cert. you sure you showed them your RZ when you picked up madden

#2138 jello44

jello44

Posted 22 September 2012 - 06:24 AM

I did it for Borderlands 2 and while picking that up, I also pre-ordered Halo 4 while I was there. I wish they did it for Forza Horizon as well.

#2139 asinginpix

asinginpix

Posted 22 September 2012 - 06:26 AM

You can use gift cards for getting the 20 cert. you sure you showed them your RZ when you picked up madden

Yes! I had three separate transactions in a row. First - trading in NCAA. Second - picking up pre ordered Madden. Third - purchasing the DOTD $5 tom Clancy 3rd game. The madden transaction was the only one not posted to my account. Weird, right???

Glad to hear the gift card doesn't effect the $20 cert. So now I guess I need to contact customer service again to figure out why I still don't have the 1000 points. Thanks for the quick response!!!

#2140 cancerman1120

cancerman1120

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 September 2012 - 07:16 AM

Bonus is up. Major update to the system. About 10 different trade in/purchases cleared and silver account status updated. Only about $700 away...should get it no problems with trades and the credit card purchases.

#2141 cardsharkrob

cardsharkrob

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 September 2012 - 10:05 AM

Question: my points had 1129 pending but now its down to 129 pending? Is there any reason for that? I preordered Borderlands 2 and it had the points up and still there but I have no certificates ready? any reason?

#2142 Vigilante

Vigilante

Always Watching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 September 2012 - 04:10 PM

Ah, that was easy...I preordered Dishonored (:360:) online for in-store pickup (along with the Whale Oil USB Lamp) to avoid any further mishaps. :D

After playing the RE6 demo, I decided I can wait for it to drop to ~$20-$30.

Cloud_Squall78.png
Currently Playing: :3ds: Kirby: Triple Deluxe :ps2: Shadow Hearts: Covenant :ps3: Just Cause 2; MGS3 HD [Speed Run for Vita Platinum]  :vita: One Piece: Unlimited World RED; Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time
Last Beaten/Completed Game(s) [8/20]:  :ps3: MGS3 HD (4.75/5)

Last Watched Film [8/9]: The Raid 2 (insane choreography, complex story)

"Moreso than the good, it is the evil who must be rescued." -Shigesato Itoi

#2143 Enuf

Enuf

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 September 2012 - 04:31 PM

I guess. They should have option of no return to get points right away.

this exact idea is posted on the forums page for voting will link when I get to a reg pc

Or just take $20 off the refund like target does.

Won't work how will the receipt register the online offer

I decided I can wait for it to drop to ~$20-$30.

but that drop will happen w/i the 30-60 day window(also extended holiday return period I believe till mid Feb) & u won't have the $20 credit.

#2144 iduncurr

iduncurr

Posted 22 September 2012 - 04:34 PM

I knew there was a reason I shouldn't have used an RZ cert on Borderlands 2...doh.

That's going to bite me in the ass with price matching isn't it?

#2145 shady520

shady520

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 September 2012 - 08:21 PM

I knew there was a reason I shouldn't have used an RZ cert on Borderlands 2...doh.

That's going to bite me in the ass with price matching isn't it?

No, if you tell the person you are pm-ing it with it should not be a problem at all, especially if you paid the amount you will pm in another form like money or gift card. Also where are you pm-ing it at?

#2146 Bosamba

Bosamba

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 September 2012 - 09:28 PM

I picked up my Best Buy pre-order today to maximize my price match window. The pre-order DLC was on the receipt and immediately sent to my e-mail as well so I'm not worried about receiving the $20 in Reward Zone certificates 30 days from now.

The associate who rang me out actually worked in the gaming department so maybe that's why it went so much smoother for me as opposed to going to customer service to finalize my transaction.
:grouphug:

Wondering which platform to buy the game for? Use Mr. Slimm's Blog http://misterslimm.w...ce-off-results/

Interested in a PC game but not sure if your rig can run it? Go here http://www.systemreq...tslab.com/cyri/

#2147 Jay197

Jay197

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 September 2012 - 09:34 PM

does anybody know how i can get the coupons you're supposed to get for signing up for gamers club unlocked?

specifically the save 50% on a strategy guide one

i wanna grab the borderlands 2 guide

#2148 Vigilante

Vigilante

Always Watching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 September 2012 - 10:12 PM

I was finally able to fix the problem with my :ps3: preorder of BL2 thanks to an employee who was nice enough to give me a preorder DLC code for free given that I had proof that I was supposed to have received it but didn't.

It was all thanks to cancerman1120 for having the SKU available that it went as smoothly as it did, so thanks! :D

Cloud_Squall78.png
Currently Playing: :3ds: Kirby: Triple Deluxe :ps2: Shadow Hearts: Covenant :ps3: Just Cause 2; MGS3 HD [Speed Run for Vita Platinum]  :vita: One Piece: Unlimited World RED; Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time

#2149 jcp42877

jcp42877

Semper Fortis

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 September 2012 - 10:26 PM

This $20 promo HAS been confirmed for the RE6 Anthology edition correct? I gotta hurry and preorder that so that I'm at least guaranteed a copy.
Posted Image

#2150 Lord Hamm

Lord Hamm

Give me a Dollar!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 September 2012 - 10:27 PM

This $20 promo HAS been confirmed for the RE6 Anthology edition correct? I gotta hurry and preorder that so that I'm at least guaranteed a copy.

Should be

They did say all limited editions are included in the deal
Posted Image
Posted Image

#2151 EGo94

EGo94

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 September 2012 - 10:35 PM

Did the steelbooks for AC3 preorders run out? Because I just ordered mine and there was no mention of it in any of my order details. If so, I'm sad:(

#2152 thedolphinsrule

thedolphinsrule

It's Morphin Time!!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 September 2012 - 11:26 PM

Well I called BB customer service and explained the Preorder SKU mix up and even gave the rep the link to the BB forums where there are a million posts about it and he went ahead and gave me a 1000 point bonus since its more than likely that I wouldn;t be getting it in 30 days due to the PC/PS3 mix up. Very nice rep by the way.

Also my Reward Zone account finally was upgraded to Silver. Do they mail out a new Silver RZ Card or any other stuff via snail mail?

334204.png
12.pngufz.gif

#2153 thedolphinsrule

thedolphinsrule

It's Morphin Time!!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 September 2012 - 11:30 PM

I was finally able to fix the problem with my :ps3: preorder of BL2 thanks to an employee who was nice enough to give me a preorder DLC code for free given that I had proof that I was supposed to have received it but didn't.

It was all thanks to cancerman1120 for having the SKU available that it went as smoothly as it did, so thanks! :D

I finally got a PM from the BB Mod with a replacement code.

334204.png
12.pngufz.gif

#2154 GodSmackedMe

GodSmackedMe

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 September 2012 - 11:37 PM

does anybody know how i can get the coupons you're supposed to get for signing up for gamers club unlocked?

specifically the save 50% on a strategy guide one

i wanna grab the borderlands 2 guide

They come via snail mail, and are sent out in waves. Usually takes a couple of months, if not more.

Well I called BB customer service and explained the Preorder SKU mix up and even gave the rep the link to the BB forums where there are a million posts about it and he went ahead and gave me a 1000 point bonus since its more than likely that I wouldn;t be getting it in 30 days due to the PC/PS3 mix up. Very nice rep by the way.

Also my Reward Zone account finally was upgraded to Silver. Do they mail out a new Silver RZ Card or any other stuff via snail mail?

They will send you out a pretty new card. Probably some coupons or something too, but I can't quite remember. Might just be ads :roll:

I finally hit silver this past year and I wasn't so much worried about the bonuses. Yeah they're nice, but I was just stoked to get a new card :D I was still using my original card that I got like 10 years ago. Used to have to fight with it to get the barcode to scan, and there was no front to the card, it had peeled off. Nothing but a white piece of plastic lol

#2155 cancerman1120

cancerman1120

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 September 2012 - 11:44 PM

They come via snail mail, and are sent out in waves. Usually takes a couple of months, if not more.

They will send you out a pretty new card. Probably some coupons or something too, but I can't quite remember.

I finally hit silver this past year and I wasn't so much worried about the bonuses. Yeah they're nice, but I was just stoked to get a new card :D I was still using my original card that I got like 10 years ago. Used to have to fight with it to get the barcode to scan, and there was no front to the card, it had peeled off. Nothing but a white piece of plastic lol

The expedited shipping for free is nice. I get used games on my doorstep by the 2nd day since they ship from MN and I am in WI.
Posted Image

#2156 GodSmackedMe

GodSmackedMe

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 September 2012 - 11:52 PM

The expedited shipping for free is nice. I get used games on my doorstep by the 2nd day since they ship from MN and I am in WI.

Oh, I'm definitely loving the perks more now that I've had a chance to use them. I don't plan on relinquishing them anytime soon. And the shiny new toy (the new card) isn't so shiny and new anymore. Damn you Best Buy for making me spend so much money! ;)

#2157 YBX87

YBX87

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 September 2012 - 12:33 AM

Did the steelbooks for AC3 preorders run out? Because I just ordered mine and there was no mention of it in any of my order details. If so, I'm sad:(

yea, this is the same question i have, so are they not giving steelbooks for preordering assasins creed 3 anymore?

#2158 Claus DuBois

Claus DuBois

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 September 2012 - 12:35 AM

I believe you get the the hard swag (i.e. like the steel case for AC3) when you pick up the game. Makes sense to me. If you got the hard swag with a $5 down preorder, you could then just scim the swag and cancel your preorder.

#2159 DWulf

DWulf

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 September 2012 - 12:35 AM

yea, this is the same question i have, so are they not giving steelbooks for preordering assasins creed 3 anymore?

They more than likely have run out by now. I know Amazon has.

#2160 Vigilante

Vigilante

Always Watching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 September 2012 - 12:38 AM

I believe you get the the hard swag (i.e. like the steel case for AC3) when you pick up the game. Makes sense to me. If you got the hard swag with a $5 down preorder, you could then just scim the swag and cancel your preorder.

I don't know--you can get the Avengers steel case with a $7.50 deposit (and subsequently cancel the preorder and keep the case if you so desired) and the Dead Island: Riptide steelbook when you place a $5 preorder for the game (again, you could cancel the preorder and keep the steelbook if you wanted).

Cloud_Squall78.png