Photo
- - - - -

Best Buy [Unlocked] $20 RZ Cert. Pre-order Promo 2012

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
6026 replies to this topic

Poll: Which games are you pre-ordering? (3098 member(s) have cast votes)

Which games are you pre-ordering?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#2161 joeyshadows

joeyshadows

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 September 2012 - 01:08 AM

I don't know--you can get the Avengers steel case with a $7.50 deposit (and subsequently cancel the preorder and keep the case if you so desired) and the Dead Island: Riptide steelbook when you place a $5 preorder for the game (again, you could cancel the preorder and keep the steelbook if you wanted).

Hopefully not a lot of people are doing doing this. It's pretty scummy.

#2162 YBX87

YBX87

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 September 2012 - 01:37 AM

They more than likely have run out by now. I know Amazon has.

i thought so too, the steelbook was the main reason i was going to preorder ac3

#2163 iduncurr

iduncurr

Posted 23 September 2012 - 02:42 AM

No, if you tell the person you are pm-ing it with it should not be a problem at all, especially if you paid the amount you will pm in another form like money or gift card. Also where are you pm-ing it at?

In-store.
Sweet, I haven't PMed a purchase that I used a Reward Cert on so I thought I was screwed by how my receipt looked like.

#2164 DWulf

DWulf

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 September 2012 - 02:58 AM

I don't know--you can get the Avengers steel case with a $7.50 deposit (and subsequently cancel the preorder and keep the case if you so desired) and the Dead Island: Riptide steelbook when you place a $5 preorder for the game (again, you could cancel the preorder and keep the steelbook if you wanted).

In-store pre-orders got the steelbook immediately from the stock the store received when the game became available for pre-order. Online orders get the steelbook shipped with them. If your store doesn't have any steelbooks left (which I doubt many, if any, do), then you're probably out of luck since it sounds like online orders have run out of the steelbook as well.

#2165 advanced

advanced

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 September 2012 - 03:07 AM

In-store.
Sweet, I haven't PMed a purchase that I used a Reward Cert on so I thought I was screwed by how my receipt looked like.

Naw, you'll be fine. The worst thing that could happen is that it needs a manager override. I've only had that happen once though, so it's rare.

#2166 iduncurr

iduncurr

Posted 23 September 2012 - 03:58 AM

Cool beans, now I can use the cert I get from Borderlands 2 on the next applicable pre-order =D

#2167 malfcn

malfcn

CAGalicious!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 September 2012 - 05:20 AM

Already got $80 credit. Thinking about AC3 and Halo. The RE demo put me a bit off.

nihilence.png

#2168 htz

htz

CAGiversary 3.0!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 September 2012 - 05:20 AM

PES:2013 ($10 GC) and XCOM: Enemy Unknown ($15 GC) are getting gift card promos. Check OP for links to promotion.

#2169 TooPoor

TooPoor

∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 September 2012 - 05:22 AM

PES is only $10 GC and not $20, would have preordered if it was $20 GCU. Thanks htz.

Mathematically Correct.

Use factual statements, logical deductions, mathematical calculations and objective analysis; not rage.

My Trade List

My Lowball!

NI_YA_SHA_BI.png

#2170 SpartenOmega117

SpartenOmega117

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 September 2012 - 05:29 AM

Is Halo 4 limited edition truely going to be limited? It sold out on amazon, gamestop, and newegg. Several Best Buy stores around me are sold out as well. Thinking about using some of my credit and gift cards to order this online. I was thinking about holding off on this until the edition dropped to like $50 like all the other halo limited editions did but i guess not anymore. Do you guys think this is just the same trick the retailers did when they showed they sold out of reach legendary editions? Are these actually limited?

#2171 htz

htz

CAGiversary 3.0!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 September 2012 - 05:33 AM

Is Halo 4 limited edition truely going to be limited? It sold out on amazon, gamestop, and newegg. Several Best Buy stores around me are sold out as well. Thinking about using some of my credit and gift cards to order this online. I was thinking about holding off on this until the edition dropped to like $50 like all the other halo limited editions did but i guess not anymore. Do you guys think this is just the same trick the retailers did when they showed they sold out of reach legendary editions? Are these actually limited?

Buy now and return later if not limited? During the holidays especially Best Buy, you have until near end of January to return stuff anyways, just make sure to not open it.

#2172 SpartenOmega117

SpartenOmega117

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 September 2012 - 05:37 AM

Buy now and return later if not limited? During the holidays especially Best Buy, you have until near end of January to return stuff anyways, just make sure to not open it.

haha im actually gonna wanna play it though. I personally don't think the limited edition is worth it since you are basically just getting a steelbook case. I was gonna wait for the drop in price like most halo collectors editions have to get the map packs code but if it is limited i rather buy it now than wait for it to become $200 or so.

#2173 darrenaw9

darrenaw9

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 September 2012 - 05:38 AM

Tru is giving out 15 dollars gc with FIFA13 but we cant pm that correct? Also would you guys recommend pre ordering AC3 if i wont have the time to play it soon? Is the bonus DLC worth it?

#2174 iduncurr

iduncurr

Posted 23 September 2012 - 05:39 AM

PES:2013 ($10 GC) and XCOM: Enemy Unknown ($15 GC) are getting gift card promos. Check OP for links to promotion.

Mmm, doesn't the free gift cards hinder any possible future price match?
I would have picked up XCOM if that wasn't the case

#2175 jiggyteddy

jiggyteddy

Frugal As Can Be

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 September 2012 - 05:47 AM

I wanted in on the Avengers steelbook, but it all the stores I checked in NYC were sold out.

Boo...
Posted Image
Totally legit rewards app! Join shopkick on your smartphone then use promo code: tomato6347 to get 50 kicks instantly! I earned $360 in BB certificates for calendar year 2012 thanks to shopkick!

Now playing:
Metal Gear Rising, Fight Night Champion, and Dynasty Warriors 7.

My twitter is @jiggyteddy for my random ramblings...

#2176 TooPoor

TooPoor

∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 September 2012 - 05:51 AM

Tru is giving out 15 dollars gc with FIFA13 but we cant pm that correct? Also would you guys recommend pre ordering AC3 if i wont have the time to play it soon? Is the bonus DLC worth it?

You might as well try after the game comes out, unless there's a Pre release PM mechanism that I don't know about.

Mathematically Correct.

Use factual statements, logical deductions, mathematical calculations and objective analysis; not rage.

My Trade List

My Lowball!

NI_YA_SHA_BI.png

#2177 darrenaw9

darrenaw9

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 September 2012 - 05:54 AM

You might as well try after the game comes out, unless there's a Pre release PM mechanism that I don't know about.

Did anyone try pming the borderlands 2 gc deal tru had the other day? Any success? I'll probably try but with the 20 rz cet deal they'll probably say no.

#2178 jrr6415sun

jrr6415sun

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 September 2012 - 05:54 AM

how does the preorder credits work? Like how does bestbuy know that you picked up the game? When purchasing does customer service have to select a special sku? because the person i bought my borderlands 2 from had no idea what she was doing. Also the $5 deposit was made as "returned" on my receipt as credit towards the game.. is that right?

Also I have 2 gamers club unlocked accounts.. I preordered with 1 account and paid accidently with the other account.. which account will get the credit? or none?

#2179 SpartenOmega117

SpartenOmega117

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 September 2012 - 05:56 AM

Did anyone try pming the borderlands 2 gc deal tru had the other day? Any success? I'll probably try but with the 20 rz cet deal they'll probably say no.

I was successful in doing so but the reason it worked was probably because toys r us was across the street. Best Buy gave me Borderlands 2 with all the bonuses and a $20 best buy gift card. Also 1000 ptz are pending in my rz account. So basically $20 for a brand new game :)

#2180 SpartenOmega117

SpartenOmega117

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 September 2012 - 05:58 AM

how does the preorder credits work? Like how does bestbuy know that you picked up the game? When purchasing does customer service have to select a special sku? because the person i bought my borderlands 2 from had no idea what she was doing. Also the $5 deposit was made as "returned" on my receipt as credit towards the game.. is that right?

Also I have 2 gamers club unlocked accounts.. I preordered with 1 account and paid accidently with the other account.. which account will get the credit? or none?

It is supposed to say "Exchange" on top of the receipt instead of "Return." You are probably gonna have to call best buy in 30 days have the points dont show. And the two gamers club accounts will also be a problem.

#2181 YBX87

YBX87

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 September 2012 - 06:00 AM

that is my question too, getting the gc, and able to pricematch would be a good deal

#2182 TooPoor

TooPoor

∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 September 2012 - 06:00 AM

I was successful in doing so but the reason it worked was probably because toys r us was across the street. Best Buy gave me Borderlands 2 with all the bonuses and a $20 best buy gift card. Also 1000 ptz are pending in my rz account. So basically $20 for a brand new game :)

You did the PM and the pick up simultaneously? Or a sequential process?

Mathematically Correct.

My Trade List

My Lowball!

NI_YA_SHA_BI.png

#2183 darrenaw9

darrenaw9

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 September 2012 - 06:01 AM

So if i were to try, should i buy the game first at the gaming desk and then pm it at customer service? Or go straight to the gaming desk and say that i wanna pm it?

#2184 SpartenOmega117

SpartenOmega117

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 September 2012 - 06:04 AM

You did the PM and the pick up simultaneously? Or a sequential process?

Yeah I did it simultaneously. I just asked if i could price match the toy r us gift card deal. The kind lady said sure and went to call the toy r us across the street to see if they had copies in stock. I also showed her the add that showed $10 +$10 gift card deal. She then issued a $20 gift card, gave me the game and pre order poster with dlc code on the receipt and a few days later 1000 ptz showed up pending on my rz account. Was probably the most smoothest pick up pre order process i ever had.

#2185 TooPoor

TooPoor

∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 September 2012 - 06:21 AM

Yeah I did it simultaneously. I just asked if i could price match the toy r us gift card deal. The kind lady said sure and went to call the toy r us across the street to see if they had copies in stock. I also showed her the add that showed $10 +$10 gift card deal. She then issued a $20 gift card, gave me the game and pre order poster with dlc code on the receipt and a few days later 1000 ptz showed up pending on my rz account. Was probably the most smoothest pick up pre order process i ever had.

Cool, thanks for the info

Mathematically Correct.

My Trade List

My Lowball!

NI_YA_SHA_BI.png

#2186 darrenaw9

darrenaw9

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 September 2012 - 06:22 AM

Sweet, thanks your your input. I'll try my luck this Tuesday when i go pick up my copy of FIFA 13.

#2187 iduncurr

iduncurr

Posted 23 September 2012 - 06:34 AM

Eh my BB doesn't PM Gift card deals =(

#2188 shady520

shady520

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 September 2012 - 06:41 AM

Eh my BB doesn't PM Gift card deals =(

They are not supposed to for other retailers since sometime last year. Might pick up xcom if they have a demo I can try out. As for best buy's buy game get a gift card deals you could still price match unless they take the gift card value from the game and make you pay for it (this did not happen for Mass Effect 3 or Max Payne 3 at the beginning of the year though) then it might be ymmv because of employee and manger's decisions.

#2189 htz

htz

CAGiversary 3.0!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 September 2012 - 06:49 AM

haha im actually gonna wanna play it though. I personally don't think the limited edition is worth it since you are basically just getting a steelbook case. I was gonna wait for the drop in price like most halo collectors editions have to get the map packs code but if it is limited i rather buy it now than wait for it to become $200 or so.

• Bonus in-fiction bonus content expanding the characters and stories of Halo 4: Forward Unto Dawn and their connections to Halo 4
  • Special Featurette: Bringing Gaming into Reality
  • Making of Halo 4: Forward Unto Dawn
  • Bonus digital content through Xbox LIVE:
  • Unique in-game Spartan IV armor skin
  • Unique in-game weapon skin for the Assault Rifle
  • An exclusive in-game emblem
  • Xbox LIVE Avatar prop*
  • Xbox LIVE Avatar Spartan IV armor set*
  • The Limited Edition also contains the UNSC Infinity Briefing Packet which includes a Spartan armor customization schematic, an introduction to the massive ship UNSC Infinity, and insight into what it means to be one of humanity's finest warriors: The Spartan IVs.
  • War Games Map Packs: The Limited Edition includes access to nine maps - three future competitive multiplayer map packs, each including three locations, available for download post-launch on Xbox LIVE.
  • Specializations: Receive early access to six Specializations, available at launch on Xbox LIVE, and use them, one at a time, to achieve higher ranks in your Spartan career. In addition to gaining access to new ranks, Specializations unlock new customization options.
  • The Special Edition of Halo 4: Forward Unto Dawn, a 90-minute extended version of the live-action digital series which will take fans back to the terrifying beginning of the Human/Covenant war, when the Master Chief inspired a young cadet who would eventually become a leader aboard the UNSC's greatest vessel ever: the UNSC Infinity.
Posted Image

Looks like a pretty good value LE to me for $100-$20 RZ cert.

I PMed gift card deals like ME3 and MP3 fine in the past.

#2190 iduncurr

iduncurr

Posted 23 September 2012 - 07:01 AM

It might just be my BB then...I'll just order XCOM online with in-store pick up.
It seems easier to call in the PM...if you don't succeed...try, try again.