Photo
- - - - -

Best Buy [Unlocked] $20 RZ Cert. Pre-order Promo 2012

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
6026 replies to this topic

Poll: Which games are you pre-ordering? (3098 member(s) have cast votes)

Which games are you pre-ordering?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#241 Ramandur

Ramandur

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 June 2012 - 12:35 AM

hey htz, do borderland games tend to drop price fast like assassins creed games?

Theres only been one so not much to go on. But... No nothing drops as fast as an assassins creed game.

#242 htz

htz

Posted 10 June 2012 - 12:39 AM

hey htz, do borderland games tend to drop price fast like assassins creed games?

I'm not sure, since the game wasn't on my radar when it originally released. 2K did release a GOTY edition a year later after its original debut.

#243 slowdive21

slowdive21

CAG Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 June 2012 - 12:41 AM

I'm not sure, since the game wasn't on my radar when it originally released. 2K did release a GOTY edition a year later after its original debut.

It was 39.99 MSRP at release too...The game was under most people's radar.

#244 cancerman1120

cancerman1120

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 June 2012 - 01:04 AM

While this 20$ credit is good all of these games will get cheap fast except for mabye halo 4 and black ops 2. I'll just play some older games in my backlog untill the games I want on this list drop in price

Yeah but if you are a silver member it is almost a no brainer unless you want to pay less than $20. A 60 day PM window on these games almost guarantees a $20 RZ cert AND a cheaper game. If you are waiting for sub $30 that just may not happen for 6-8 months on everything but AC. And we do not even know if that is going to happen since the game has so much hype behind it. I know many of you are not silver but I plan on using it to he fullest this fall. I plan on getting Far Cry 3, Borderlands 2, Dishonored, ACIII, BLOPSII, ad HALO 4. Since it is all trade credit I plan to spend max about $30 game + tax. For some I would not be surprised to get them for $20. Yeah waiting will always see a price drop but some of these I plan on playing and trading also making them even cheaper to get.
Posted Image

#245 AvengedBacklog

AvengedBacklog

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 June 2012 - 01:55 AM

Question for the BB experts here:

I don't have Unlocked, but I preordered Halo 4 today. If I get Unlocked before release, will I be able to make sure my account get the $20 cert?

#246 htz

htz

Posted 10 June 2012 - 03:05 AM

Question for the BB experts here:

I don't have Unlocked, but I preordered Halo 4 today. If I get Unlocked before release, will I be able to make sure my account get the $20 cert?

If you are not a Gamers Club Unlocked member at time of pre-order, you must join in-store prior to game pickup or shipment. If you join on day of in-store pickup, enrollment must be on the same transaction as game pickup and member number must be provided to be eligible. If you join after game pickup or shipment, you will not be eligible to receive an award for that title.

Just make sure your unlocked before you pick-up the game. The quoted section is pulled from the terms and condition of the offer.

Please provide Reward Zone member number at time of pre-order and pickup.

I also want to add that you must be a reward zone member at least when you placed the pre-order though. You need to have the reward zone member number tied to your pre-order deposit receipt. It is so the system can track that you pre-ordered, and when you upgrade to unlocked it will still be tied to the same reward zone membership number.

#247 AvengedBacklog

AvengedBacklog

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 June 2012 - 03:14 AM

Just make sure your unlocked before you pick-up the game. The quoted section is pulled from the terms and condition of the offer.

I also want to add that you must be a reward zone member at least when you placed the pre-order though. You need to have the reward zone member number tied to your pre-order deposit receipt. It is so the system can track that you pre-ordered, and when you upgrade to unlocked it will still be tied to the same reward zone membership number.

Thanks. I am a RZ member and that is on my receipt too so it shouldnt be an issue.

#248 strait edge follower

strait edge follower

Cult of personality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 June 2012 - 03:57 AM

Almost no games drop as fast as the ass creed games and that includes the borderlands games lol
Currently playing
:ps4: infamous first light, fez, strider, blacklight retribution, mlb 14, the transistor, assassins creed black flag :wiiu: new super mario bros u, zelda ww hd

games recently beaten: :ps4: lego marvel, contrast, watch dogs, infamous second son, killzone shadowfall, murdered soul suspect

690739.png

#249 YBX87

YBX87

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 June 2012 - 04:14 AM

Almost no games drop as fast as the ass creed games and that includes the borderlands games lol

LOL, maybe assassins creed is a bad comparison, but just in games in general, and comparing it to borderlands #1

#250 Vigilante

Vigilante

Always Watching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 June 2012 - 04:39 AM

How about Farcry 3? Being an Ubisoft game, can we expect it to drop in price (almost) as quickly as ACIII? How fast did Farcry 2 drop?

Cloud_Squall78.png
Currently Playing: :3ds: Kirby: Triple Deluxe :ps3: Tales of Xillia 2  :vita: Akiba's Trip; One Piece: Unlimited World RED

Last Beaten/Completed Game(s) [9/21]: :ps3: Just Cause 2 (4.75/5)

Last Watched Film [8/9]: The Raid 2 (insane choreography, complex story)

"Moreso than the good, it is the evil who must be rescued." -Shigesato Itoi

#251 Raven6009

Raven6009

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 June 2012 - 06:37 PM

So if we pre-ordered Assassin's Creed III weeks ago with the Steelbook case offer does this still apply, or do we need to cancel and redo?

Also I just pre-ordered Halo 4 in-store and took home a kick-ass 11x17 Litograph. It's also offered online but you can get it now instead of waiting for the game to release.
Posted Image

#252 6er

6er

XBOX, GO HOME

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 June 2012 - 07:05 PM

That's my conundrum with the possible USA freedom edition. If ubi has learned they will tone down production numbers, if not you could have a 150 CE selling for $50 in a few months.

Honestly I think they do it on purpose, they probably sell BETTER that way, in waves.

#253 Velo214

Velo214

Baby Lili is Here!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 June 2012 - 08:41 PM

I'm definately in for Black Ops 2. I don't know about the others tho. AC and Farcry 3 will drop fast enough. Maybe borderlands 2... but they liked their goty edition, so i might just wait, but idk!
This deal is alot better than the 5/100 deal and fingers crossed it would all work out last year.

Velo214.png
sig.gif

#254 cancerman1120

cancerman1120

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 June 2012 - 08:54 PM

I'm definately in for Black Ops 2. I don't know about the others tho. AC and Farcry 3 will drop fast enough. Maybe borderlands 2... but they liked their goty edition, so i might just wait, but idk!
This deal is alot better than the 5/100 deal and fingers crossed it would all work out last year.

Remember the Borderlands 2 pre-order will come with the Mechromancer character when she releases for free. Sounded like Randy Pitchford said it would cost like $10-15 for her otherwise since adding a new character is not an easy process. The DLC for Borderlands was really good (other than Mad Moxxi) and I did not feel ripped off from it. Plus it is on sale all the time so if you are patient you can get it cheap.

In reality, I do not mind purchasing many of these day 1 because I want them to continue making great games. It also does not hurt to pre-order and then cancel if reviews are bad or you lose interest. You cannot get this offer the following week so I am just pre-ordering everything I think I want and will decide that week.

Edited by cancerman1120, 10 June 2012 - 09:31 PM.

Posted Image

#255 iduncurr

iduncurr

Posted 10 June 2012 - 09:02 PM

Crap, I misplaced my AC3 pre-order receipt.
But if it's listed on my RWZ account should I still be okay?

#256 TheSportsGamer23

TheSportsGamer23

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 June 2012 - 09:38 PM

If there was an award for "most accurate username" you would definitely be a candidate.

LOL Much Appreciated. As much of a pain as all the EA games can be, I find myself buying their titles on a consistent basis.

#257 Vigilante

Vigilante

Always Watching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 June 2012 - 09:52 PM

I might be wrong, but I think there's an option to print out a copy of the receipt from when you placed the preorder.

Cloud_Squall78.png
Currently Playing: :3ds: Kirby: Triple Deluxe :ps3: Tales of Xillia 2  :vita: Akiba's Trip; One Piece: Unlimited World RED

Last Beaten/Completed Game(s) [9/21]: :ps3: Just Cause 2 (4.75/5)

Last Watched Film [8/9]: The Raid 2 (insane choreography, complex story)

"Moreso than the good, it is the evil who must be rescued." -Shigesato Itoi

#258 nzgc

nzgc

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 June 2012 - 12:09 AM

Wow people have a hard time understanding. It is one $20 reward zone cert per member per title. Here are some examples:

I buy Dishonored. I get $20.

I buy 2 copies of Halo 4. I get $20 (only one reward zone cert per title)

I buy one copy of Dishonored and one copy of Halo 4. I get $40 total.

I buy 11 copies of Assassins Creed. I get $20 and am weird.

I buy one copy of every eligible title. I get $220 in reward zone certs.

What about buying 1 copy of AC3 for 360 and 1 AC3 for ps3?

Is it $20 per console version or per title?

#259 edson13

edson13

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 June 2012 - 12:11 AM

title.

#260 nzgc

nzgc

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 June 2012 - 05:34 AM

title.

ty

#261 BudzMcGee

BudzMcGee

Clearance Bin Review

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 June 2012 - 01:01 PM

Yeah but if you are a silver member it is almost a no brainer unless you want to pay less than $20. A 60 day PM window on these games almost guarantees a $20 RZ cert AND a cheaper game. If you are waiting for sub $30 that just may not happen for 6-8 months on everything but AC. And we do not even know if that is going to happen since the game has so much hype behind it. I know many of you are not silver but I plan on using it to he fullest this fall. I plan on getting Far Cry 3, Borderlands 2, Dishonored, ACIII, BLOPSII, ad HALO 4. Since it is all trade credit I plan to spend max about $30 game + tax. For some I would not be surprised to get them for $20. Yeah waiting will always see a price drop but some of these I plan on playing and trading also making them even cheaper to get.

This is why I made out like a bandit with the 5 for $100 deal last year. Well that and the fact they accidentally gave me two extra $100 certificates. I didn't pay full price for any of the games (between launch date price matches and price adjustments) and got back like $20 on each one. Well... as I said, glitches aside I got $20 back on each one. If we count the glitch I got 5 brand new games, and a new Xbox 360 Gears of War edition slim for spending like $150 in gift cards that I got from trading in games.

How about Farcry 3? Being an Ubisoft game, can we expect it to drop in price (almost) as quickly as ACIII? How fast did Farcry 2 drop?

Farcry 2 was kind of a flop so may not be best comparison.

Nice news on Assassin's Creed III, I already pre-ordered that to get the steel book. Pre-ordered Halo 4 on Saturday to get the lithograph that they are giving out. It's actually really nice, I fully intend to find a frame for it.

My video game site ClearanceBinReview.com - The right game for the right price.
300x156xBacklog-Quest-II-300x156.jpg.pag
Want to write reviews of iPhone and XBLIG's and get FREE games for doing so? We are looking for writers! Go HERE.

Sign up for Shopkick and get free Best Buy and Target gift cards for free! Sign up through here (referral) for 50 bonus kicks!

#262 the_ENEMY_

the_ENEMY_

Posted 11 June 2012 - 02:54 PM

i pre ordered ACIII and they gave me a steel book. I swapped the pre order for max payne 3 and they didn't ask me anything about giving the steelbook back. I didn't even remember until I got home anyway.
Posted Image

#263 Enuf

Enuf

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 June 2012 - 07:15 PM

People don't forget BB will most likely extend the price match policy till mid Jan. just like they did last yr even if you're NOT SILVER. I think it goes into effect around mid late Oct. so most of the AAA titles will be covered.

Print the duplicate receipt off the myrz site.

If your trying to get more than 1 $20 credit on the same title it's time to get a 2nd RZ account. Get one for your wife/GF/sis/bro/mom/dog whoever it'll pay off in the short & log run.

While this 20$ credit is good all of these games will get cheap fast except for mabye halo 4 and black ops 2. I'll just play some older games in my backlog untill the games I want on this list drop in price

Isn't that the whole point get the games at the cheaper price but still have the pre-order credit to further reduce the other titles in the cycle. The only way this deal will be beat is those people who will use the b2g1 coupons during BF but a savvy CAG will still make out better in the long run if purchasing alot of titles since the credits will really add up.

$240 is ALOT & selling the games on CL for $50 cash is really easy during the holidays(at least it was for me since it's $10 cheaper & no tax on the spot). There's no other way to basically have BB pay you to buy games on day 1 & you make a nice profit + end up with enough credit to make a big ticket purchase cheap.

from all u guys who did these preorders in the past what is the percentage usually 4 when another competitor has a sale on a new release game in the first month? would like to get in on this but if theirs no price match involved the its like 40$ including tax basically not really that great of a deal.

99.9% but if your silver 100%. The only game last yr during the 5 for $100 that really took forever was the one which we all thought would be the 1st casualty- Rage.

COD games were the last titles that could hold there price for longer periods of time & that's ended b/c of competition from other shooters MOH/BF3 & how far into the gen we are.

#264 kayne2000

kayne2000

All Glory to Tachikoma Paradise

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 June 2012 - 07:21 PM

post deleted

Edited by kayne2000, 11 June 2012 - 07:31 PM.

#265 Marauder7

Marauder7

FF14 Addict

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 June 2012 - 07:27 PM

on this note wal mart allows i think three games to be returned a year without receipt. so you can get a 65 dollar wal mart gift card which is really as good as cash in many ways.

Last time I did a return without receipt at Walmart I had to jump through hoops just to get the return.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#266 esalw822

esalw822

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 June 2012 - 07:28 PM

Edit

#267 Dund3r

Dund3r

You can't handle my undivided attention.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 June 2012 - 07:30 PM

You beat me to the "return fraud" response.

In the words of Jim Carrey: "Stop breaking the law ***hole!!!"
"People who buy things are suckers." - Ron Swanson

#268 kayne2000

kayne2000

All Glory to Tachikoma Paradise

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 June 2012 - 07:31 PM

That's return fraud. Best to keep that kinda talk to yourself. Just an fyi...

oh i wasnt aware of that. thanks. given the other abuse that occurs around here i didnt see the big deal. oh well. guess ill edit that post then. thanks

#269 esalw822

esalw822

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 June 2012 - 07:32 PM

oh i wasnt aware of that. thanks. given the other abuse that occurs around here i didnt see the big deal. oh well. guess ill edit that post then. thanks

No prob man. I'll edit my quote as well...

#270 BudzMcGee

BudzMcGee

Clearance Bin Review

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 June 2012 - 12:02 AM

I know this is for later releases but i hope darksiders gets a $20 certificate/gift card like max payne 3 did...

My video game site ClearanceBinReview.com - The right game for the right price.
300x156xBacklog-Quest-II-300x156.jpg.pag
Want to write reviews of iPhone and XBLIG's and get FREE games for doing so? We are looking for writers! Go HERE.

Sign up for Shopkick and get free Best Buy and Target gift cards for free! Sign up through here (referral) for 50 bonus kicks!