Photo
- - - - -

Best Buy [Unlocked] $20 RZ Cert. Pre-order Promo 2012

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
6026 replies to this topic

Poll: Which games are you pre-ordering? (3098 member(s) have cast votes)

Which games are you pre-ordering?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#2821 dan77733

dan77733

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2012 - 04:59 AM

Both games came out TODAY. No point of coming on here and asking about the DLC. Their site says 24 hours.

Damn. Didnt even know that. Oh well, 9 more hours to go. LOL.

#2822 JohnWayne

JohnWayne

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2012 - 05:06 AM

Damn. Didnt even know that. Oh well, 9 more hours to go. LOL.

24-48 hrs to be exact

#2823 YBX87

YBX87

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2012 - 05:10 AM

So I know it does not mean anything other than internet rage but the user score for RE6 on 360 is 0.6 and on the ps3 is 0.4 on Metacritic. That may be the lower than the Mass Effect rage.

yeah, the review is pretty bad, one of the major complaint of the game is the camera angles

#2824 YBX87

YBX87

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2012 - 05:11 AM

24-48 hrs to be exact

i think that is what they told me, when i did not get my fifa 13 preorder dlc code after picking it up

#2825 sninh

sninh

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2012 - 05:12 AM

well i got both my codes today from doing ship to home

#2826 JohnWayne

JohnWayne

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2012 - 05:14 AM

yeah, the review is pretty bad, one of the major complaint of the game is the camera angles

Yeah, as someone else put it. It should be called "Gears of Evilfield 6". The game isn't even as scary as the last resident evils

#2827 jamesdevil

jamesdevil

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2012 - 05:15 AM

Same. I've started pre-ordering exclusively from .com and getting it at home (I'm silver so with expedited shipping I get the games on Wednesday). Take all the hassle and guess work out of it. Zero issues since I started doing that.

My local Best Buy has just gone really down hill the last 6 months. Since they refuse to properly train their employees I'll just let an automated system take care of everything instead.

#2828 YBX87

YBX87

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2012 - 05:16 AM

Well...I had an interesting day at Best Buy today...

I called the store yesterday to put ME3 CE for PS3 and Lollipop Chainsaw on hold for me. I go there today to get those two games and RE6....This is where the problem starts. I pre-ordered the game like 6-7 months ago.

They see that I have it pre-ordered, but they cannot access the transaction, it's like in limbo. They say they can just give me $5 on a gift card and then buy the game, but I explain that that isn't the issue. The issue is that I would lose out on the $20 due to not having a pre-order anymore. The BIGGER issue is that on the same transaction I have Dishonored, Halo 4, and AC3 pre-ordered. That means all 3 of those games are in limbo too...

They agree that this is a problem, but they have no idea what to do. There is no way for them to get the transaction to actual come into the POS system so they can do an exchange. At this point it's been almost an hour of me being in the store when I should have only been there 5-10 minutes.

The woman apologized, and I don't blame any employee for this situation at all, but I blame the BB internal system. She said that to get me out of the store so I don't need to wait around any longer, she will just sell me the game as is, cancel the pre-order, give me $5 off, and will be in contact with me to ensure I get my $20.

While I do believe her, I have a feeling this is just the start of the issues with this order. Thanks to having to go back next Tuesday for Dishonored, 3 weeks later for AC3, and the week after that for Halo 4.

When I got home I called the RZ CS department and told them the situation. I tell the woman everyone was very nice and did their best to help, but the situation itself is unacceptable and I am really annoyed that I may have to deal with this situation another THREE times in the span of a month.

She apologized and agrees my situation is unacceptable and shouldn't have to be this complex and gives $15 as an apology, which is more than fair. I also ask her to note my account, because I am worried that if I call them in 30-40 days and say "yes...you owe me $80 for 4 pre-order credits I never got..." they will just laugh at me and tell me to piss off.

None of the employees at Best Buy had ever seen anything like this...YAY ME!

lol, you can still preorder dishonored, ac3 and halo 4 again, if you are worried about not getting the $20.

#2829 PhilsUtley26

PhilsUtley26

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2012 - 05:18 AM

I'm wondering how the long shipping takes too. Ordered NBA 2k13, would have preferred to pick up but that wasn't in the cards.

They gave me a tracking number, but no info till 24 hours after shipping. I'm guessing 3-5 business days max.

#2830 edson13

edson13

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2012 - 05:20 AM

me too. I dont mind having a day late, if I get to avoid the hassle of the employee not messing up, and having to wait in line forever at CS, in order to eventually price match.

Also get to save 2 dollars in gas, and $1.68 from bigcrumbs.

#2831 joeyshadows

joeyshadows

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2012 - 05:23 AM

Is anyone getting both Blops 2 and Warfighter? I can't decide whether to get both now or wait on MoH.

#2832 foreinter

foreinter

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2012 - 05:24 AM

Is anyone getting both Blops 2 and Warfighter? I can't decide whether to get both now or wait on MoH.

There will be a beta for warfighter on the 5th. That probably can help your decision.

#2833 Saix_XIII

Saix_XIII

Video Game Addict

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2012 - 05:26 AM

lol, you can still preorder dishonored, ac3 and halo 4 again, if you are worried about not getting the $20.

You also realize that because they cannot exchange my pre-orders for when I pick them up that there is no way for them to actually cancel my pre-order and give me the $5. If they could do that then they could honor the pre-order itself. So either way they need to fix the issue because I have $20 in limbo at Best Buy.

532919.pngsig.gif

Repetition in a game is NOT a bad thing, almost all games are repetitive. What matters is if YOU enjoy the game, then the repetition becomes enjoyable and doesn't feel monotonous or boring.
My Trade List

#2834 htz

htz

Posted 03 October 2012 - 05:33 AM

I'm having issues with my bestbuy.com account currently, all my order history is wiped cleaned including pre-orders. I was wondering if a few CAGs can check if this is just me.

#2835 Vigilante

Vigilante

Always Watching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2012 - 05:35 AM

I'm having issues with my bestbuy.com account currently, all my order history is wiped cleaned including pre-orders. I was wondering if a few CAGs can check if this is just me.

Same here. Hopefully it's a temporary thing; I was planning on picking up my reserved copy of RE6 later today. :pray:

Cloud_Squall78.png
Currently Playing: :3ds: Kirby: Triple Deluxe :ps3: Just Cause 2; Tales of Xillia 2  :vita: One Piece: Unlimited World RED; Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time
Last Beaten/Completed Game(s) [8/22]:  :ps3: MGS3 HD (4.75/5)

Last Watched Film [8/9]: The Raid 2 (insane choreography, complex story)

"Moreso than the good, it is the evil who must be rescued." -Shigesato Itoi

#2836 YBX87

YBX87

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2012 - 05:35 AM

You also realize that because they cannot exchange my pre-orders for when I pick them up that there is no way for them to actually cancel my pre-order and give me the $5. If they could do that then they could honor the pre-order itself. So either way they need to fix the issue because I have $20 in limbo at Best Buy.

that is troubling, if you cannot even get your preorder deposit back.

#2837 aircobra

aircobra

Posted 03 October 2012 - 05:36 AM

I'm getting both.

#2838 YBX87

YBX87

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2012 - 05:36 AM

Same here. Hopefully it's a temporary thing; I was planning on picking up my reserved copy of RE6 later today. :pray:

it might be they are updating their system again, lol

#2839 shady859

shady859

Big Blue Nation

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2012 - 05:37 AM

NBA 2K13 buyers....... Check out what retards are paying for the all-star game and events code on Ebay, $20 and up lol already sold mine tonight. Something that shoulda been in the game anyway it's just retarded.

#2840 Saix_XIII

Saix_XIII

Video Game Addict

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2012 - 05:42 AM

that is troubling, if you cannot even get your preorder deposit back.

I am sure it will be fixed, but it was an interesting experience that was annoying. So far I made $15 on it, add-in any price matches since I have 2 months to do it. In the end here is how I see it.

Borderlands 2-$63.59
RE6-$63.59
Dishonored-$63.59
AC3-$63.59
Halo 4-$63.59
TOTAL:$317.95

Credits:
Borderlands 2-$20
RE6-$35 ($15+20)
Dishonored-$20
AC3-$20
Halo 4-$20
TOTAL: $115

Potential Price Match (Cash back not final price):
Borderlands 2-$20
RE6-$20
Dishonored-$20
AC3-$20
Halo 4-$20 (not keeping if it does not get $20 price match)
TOTAL: $100

So in the end I will hopefully pay a total of $103 (included rewardzone credit) for 5 games. Not a bad deal if you ask me.

532919.pngsig.gif

Repetition in a game is NOT a bad thing, almost all games are repetitive. What matters is if YOU enjoy the game, then the repetition becomes enjoyable and doesn't feel monotonous or boring.
My Trade List

#2841 loomis1975

loomis1975

Cell Block CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2012 - 05:51 AM

it might be they are updating their system again, lol

No order history here either. So this is how Best Buy employees can get in late on Wii U pre-orders! Just kidding, I'm sure its just maintenance, until all my pre-orders get cancelled, then it will be ARMAGEDDON! ;-)

#2842 fatboy1111

fatboy1111

Posted 03 October 2012 - 05:51 AM

check your best buy rewards thru your mobile app, everything is there

#2843 TooPoor

TooPoor

∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2012 - 05:58 AM

I am sure it will be fixed, but it was an interesting experience that was annoying. So far I made $15 on it, add-in any price matches since I have 2 months to do it. In the end here is how I see it.

Borderlands 2-$63.59
RE6-$63.59
Dishonored-$63.59
AC3-$63.59
Halo 4-$63.59
TOTAL:$317.95

Credits:
Borderlands 2-$20
RE6-$35 ($15+20)
Dishonored-$20
AC3-$20
Halo 4-$20
TOTAL: $115

Potential Price Match (Cash back not final price):
Borderlands 2-$20
RE6-$20
Dishonored-$20
AC3-$20
Halo 4-$20 (not keeping if it does not get $20 price match)
TOTAL: $100

So in the end I will hopefully pay a total of $103 (included rewardzone credit) for 5 games. Not a bad deal if you ask me.

How do you "not" keep halo? Return it?

Mathematically Correct.

Use factual statements, logical deductions, mathematical calculations and objective analysis; not rage.

My Trade List

NI_YA_SHA_BI.png

#2844 JohnWayne

JohnWayne

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2012 - 06:02 AM

So anybody with a pitch-in card also have their card wiped clean when you check the balance on your account? Please tell me yes

#2845 Vigilante

Vigilante

Always Watching

• CAGiversary!

I would think so since the PM window is the same length of time as the return window. It's not like he wouldn't have other games to play in that time.

So anybody with a pitch-in card also have their card wiped clean when you check the balance on your account? Please tell me yes

When I check, this message appears at the bottom: "There has been a system failure. Please try again later."

So...I guess I'll try again later.

EDIT: Use BBY.com's "Check Gift Card Balance" feature and enter your Pitch-In Card's number and PIN. The correct amount should appear.

Cloud_Squall78.png
Currently Playing: :3ds: Kirby: Triple Deluxe :ps3: Just Cause 2; Tales of Xillia 2  :vita: One Piece: Unlimited World RED; Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time
Last Beaten/Completed Game(s) [8/22]:  :ps3: MGS3 HD (4.75/5)

Last Watched Film [8/9]: The Raid 2 (insane choreography, complex story)

"Moreso than the good, it is the evil who must be rescued." -Shigesato Itoi

#2846 Saix_XIII

Saix_XIII

Video Game Addict

• CAGiversary!

Correct. I am going to leave it sealed and since I have 60 days to return it I'll wait till the last week I can and then return it if no price drop happens.

532919.pngsig.gif

My Trade List

#2847 aircobra

aircobra

Posted 03 October 2012 - 06:08 AM

Correct. I am going to leave it sealed and since I have 60 days to return it I'll wait till the last week I can and then return it if no price drop happens.

So steal $20 from Best Buy? Niiiiice :roll:

#2848 aircobra

aircobra

Posted 03 October 2012 - 06:09 AM

Yes

#2849 JohnWayne

JohnWayne

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2012 - 06:10 AM

When I check, this message appears at the bottom: "There has been a system failure. Please try again later."

So...I guess I'll try again later.

EDIT: Use BBY.com's "Check Gift Card Balance" feature and enter your Pitch-In Card's number and PIN. The correct amount should appear.

Thanks for the quick response, I was scared for a second there.

#2850 Saix_XIII

Saix_XIII

Video Game Addict

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2012 - 06:15 AM

So steal $20 from Best Buy? Niiiiice :roll:

So you assume that I am going to use the $20 certificate before I return the game? Niiiiice :roll:

Well then you would be assuming wrong. I have no intentions of using what I do not pay for.

532919.pngsig.gif

My Trade List