Photo
- - - - -

Best Buy [Unlocked] $20 RZ Cert. Pre-order Promo 2012

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
6026 replies to this topic

Poll: Which games are you pre-ordering? (3098 member(s) have cast votes)

Which games are you pre-ordering?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#2881 TheHelix

TheHelix

Posted 03 October 2012 - 07:27 PM

No Borderlands 2 code yet.

#2882 Pliskin

Pliskin

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2012 - 07:37 PM

No Borderlands 2 code yet.

That sucks, did you contact them on their forums yet? They're still sending out codes to people who didn't get one.

#2883 Darkfire

Darkfire

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2012 - 07:51 PM

What's the deal with these reward certificates? Was I supposed to get one when I picked up my order, cause I picked up re6 yesterday and got nothing? Also was there supposed to be pre order dlc that I didn't get? If I don't get the 20 dollar reward certificate I'll just go back and return the game and pick it up later. Dumb.

#2884 DemonsMaster

DemonsMaster

Jrpg Addicts Anonymous

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2012 - 07:54 PM

What's the deal with these reward certificates? Was I supposed to get one when I picked up my order, cause I picked up re6 yesterday and got nothing? Also was there supposed to be pre order dlc that I didn't get? If I don't get the 20 dollar reward certificate I'll just go back and return the game and pick it up later. Dumb.

Did you even read the OP? It takes around 30 days for reward zone points to show up in your account. Sometimes it can come faster, but patience is your best friend when it comes to waiting for your $20 cert.

I'm also shocked like the poster above me that someone using this site since 2006 didn't even bother to read the OP.

We can learn as much, if not more, from bad games as we can from good ones.

That's my justification and I'm sticking to it.

#2885 SevereTireDamage

SevereTireDamage

Broken-$$$$ed

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2012 - 08:00 PM

Getting the DLC code for my in-store pickup of NBA2K13 was a nightmare. I was in there for over an hour, shuffled between 6 different employees, all AFTER I got the game in my hand because the store was so understaffed that not the employees had to keep changing areas and registers to keep up that day. Eventually, I finally ran into someone who actually knew what to do so I could get the DLC printed on my receipt. I don't know if I'll ever do this kind of pre-order from Best Buy again.

#2886 SynGamer

SynGamer

Welcome to Night Vale

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2012 - 08:12 PM

Nothing for Need For Speed Most Wanted?

g92sOMa.png4lNop7I.pngEwYfNFu.pngauyL8J9.pngszbgEtP.pngSoNL9s6.png

#2887 gundie

gundie

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2012 - 08:45 PM

Just received my NBA 2K13 DLC code from BB.

#2888 shady859

shady859

Big Blue Nation

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2012 - 08:50 PM

I received my NBA 2K13 "ALL STAR DLC" code yesterday as I left the store from picking up the game. ALready sold it on Ebay for more than the pending RZ certificates lol BUT I just received another code from Best Buy called: " NBA2K 13 - Preorder Bonus" I'm away from my 360 can't punch it in to see what it comes up as before you click redeem now... anyone know what this is?

#2889 StealOfADeal

StealOfADeal

It's a S-O-A-D!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2012 - 09:01 PM

I got my 2k13 before I even left the store. Just ready to get the $10 from online order and $20 hopefully before ass creed 3 comes out.

"If she'll learn to play a video game. Keep her!" :D

Updated Infinity disc trade list ---> http://www.cheapassg...scs/?p=11116024

#2890 StealOfADeal

StealOfADeal

It's a S-O-A-D!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2012 - 09:03 PM

I received my NBA 2K13 "ALL STAR DLC" code yesterday as I left the store from picking up the game. ALready sold it on Ebay for more than the pending RZ certificates lol BUT I just received another code from Best Buy called: " NBA2K 13 - Preorder Bonus" I'm away from my 360 can't punch it in to see what it comes up as before you click redeem now... anyone know what this is?

It's the All star bonus mode. Can play as legends/current players in the 3 point shoot out and dunk contest. Play the rookie game and then the east vs. west all in the Houston arena if I remember correctly.

"If she'll learn to play a video game. Keep her!" :D

Updated Infinity disc trade list ---> http://www.cheapassg...scs/?p=11116024

#2891 Kuroknight27

Kuroknight27

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2012 - 09:16 PM

For the peoople that are getting there NBA2k13 DLC did you guys pre order NBA2k13 online or in store/

#2892 gundie

gundie

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2012 - 09:23 PM

For the peoople that are getting there NBA2k13 DLC did you guys pre order NBA2k13 online or in store/

Pre-ordered online on Monday afternoon. It was too late to pre-order in store according to a BB employee.

#2893 PhilsUtley26

PhilsUtley26

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2012 - 09:33 PM

I got my 2k13 before I even left the store. Just ready to get the $10 from online order and $20 hopefully before ass creed 3 comes out.

$10 code expired a long time ago and AC3 comes out around a month later so its hit or miss.

#2894 slowdive21

slowdive21

CAG Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2012 - 09:33 PM

My borderlands points posted, but the 1000 bonus never showed or posted. I guess it is time to call.

#2895 shady859

shady859

Big Blue Nation

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2012 - 09:50 PM

It's the All star bonus mode. Can play as legends/current players in the 3 point shoot out and dunk contest. Play the rookie game and then the east vs. west all in the Houston arena if I remember correctly.

Yea I knew what it was but i'm confused as to why 2 codes and think one may be different....

Yesterday I got what you described:

"Nba 2K13 Allstar Preorder Bonus Dlc - Xbox 360 [Digital Download Add-On]"

Today:

"
NBA2K 13 - Preorder Bonus"

Guess i'll punch the code in when I get off work and see what the remdemption summary says.

#2896 NINJA V

NINJA V

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2012 - 09:54 PM

Did you even read the OP? It takes around 30 days for reward zone points to show up in your account. Sometimes it can come faster, but patience is your best friend when it comes to waiting for your $20 cert.

I'm also shocked like the poster above me that someone using this site since 2006 didn't even bother to read the OP.

my problem with this deal is

1. inconsistency, some people are already getting their credit.
2. it's been 2 weeks - waiting 30 days for anything to be electonically delivered is bull...

defeats the whole purpose of this preorder deal in my eyes. and that was to use it towards another new release purchase, and roll it over to the next.

by that time i get the credit - let's be honest the game's price will drop online for $30 or less. + i would've beaten it and moved on by then, and you'll be stuck on another game credit train like "kmart" had a while back.

look - i just want my rzone credit and no one gets hurt...

#2897 Dund3r

Dund3r

You can't handle my undivided attention.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2012 - 09:57 PM

Got my preorder bonus emails for RE6 and NBA2K13 from BB today. I won't need them if anyone is interested.
"People who buy things are suckers." - Ron Swanson

#2898 shady520

shady520

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2012 - 10:06 PM

2. it's been 2 weeks - waiting 30 days for anything to be electonically delivered is bull...

defeats the whole purpose of this preorder deal in my eyes. and that was to use it towards another new release purchase, and roll it over to the next.

by that time i get the credit - let's be honest the game's price will drop online for $30 or less. + i would've beaten it and moved on by then, and you'll be stuck on another game credit train like "kmart" had a while back.

People are getting them early because they are getting them from the date they preordered it on, not the pick up date. So I preordered mine Borderlands 2 on 9/1 and got my 1000 points on 10/2, unfortunately I preordered RE6 on 9/1 too, picked it up 10/2 on release and have my points pending right now, if I get them early great, if not, no big deal. You do not need to roll every cert from one game to the immediate next one out. I am still able to use them on something I was going to get anyways, such as my RE6 and Dishonored points will go towards BLOPS 2 or Halo 4 and I would pay $40 less for it.

edit: also if the price drops within 30 days (60 days for silver members) one can PM it to another store and get that $30 price tag anyways.

#2899 Kyden139

Kyden139

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2012 - 10:08 PM

If you don't like the terms of the deal, than don't take part of the deal. No one's forcing you to prorder at BB.

Kyden139.png

#2900 Poor2More

Poor2More

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2012 - 10:12 PM

Got my preorder bonus emails for RE6 and NBA2K13 from BB today. I won't need them if anyone is interested.

PM Sent
Posted Image

#2901 Royal High Knight

Royal High Knight

Call me Señor Pink

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2012 - 11:53 PM

Re6 doesnt totally suck but its not the 9.1 I thought it would be. Camera is bad, ammo is almost non existent, and worse of all you cant pause the game.

BTW the begg. to chapter 2 of jake's story was some of the most frustrating gameplay Ive had since my playthrough of ninja gaiden 3.

#2902 slowdive21

slowdive21

CAG Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 October 2012 - 02:32 AM

Re6 doesnt totally suck but its not the 9.1 I thought it would be. Camera is bad, ammo is almost non existent, and worse of all you cant pause the game.

BTW the begg. to chapter 2 of jake's story was some of the most frustrating gameplay Ive had since my playthrough of ninja gaiden 3.

So it is basically the first Resident Evil? That was a great game, but I believe it had all 3 of those problems.

#2903 Killbomb

Killbomb

Waiting for Darkness

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 October 2012 - 02:39 AM

You can pause if you choose to play in Offline Mode when starting the game. I agree with your other two points though. They obviously want it to be an action game first but fail to give out ammo while the enemies take quite a few bullets to kill. I also HATE, HATE, HATE getting locked in a room filled with enemies with these clunky ass controls and camera. The cover system sucks too. Why not just copy Gears' or Uncharted's cover mechanics? No manual with limited tutorials doesn't help either. Biggest disappointment of the year to me so far.
Posted Image

Posted Image

#2904 aircobra

aircobra

Posted 04 October 2012 - 04:19 AM

OMG for sure it is. I had to stop playing that chapter for fear of throwing my controller at something.

#2905 TooPoor

TooPoor

∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 October 2012 - 04:24 AM

Anybody have any pseudo review on RE6 local co-op? Didn't preorder RE6 since the wife and I are still playing Borderlands 2, and will be doing so for some time.

Mathematically Correct.
Use factual statements, logical deductions, mathematical calculations and objective analysis; not rage.

My Trade List

NI_YA_SHA_BI.png

#2906 jcp42877

jcp42877

Semper Fortis

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 October 2012 - 04:27 AM

Well I on the other hand am thoroughly enjoying it, and I've only nicked the surface of the game. I'm enjoying the variety in characters and how they fight, the skill system is pretty neat, and I love the fact they added that Demon's Souls esqe invading system.

Sure the game has its little flaws like the camera panning off to show a POI while enemies sucker punch you, but overall, this is a very polished game. And even WITH its flaws, the game is worthy of at LEAST an 8/10.

Seems a lot of people are having trouble with the dodge dive and slide moves but I'm finding them to be second nature for me.

Just played the first boss battle on Jake's first chapter and I was sliding and rolling out the woodwork almost shocked at myself for my fast maneuvering, and in the end didn't even take a hit because of my evading.

Game is well worth the price for the content given, IMHO..

#2907 Royal High Knight

Royal High Knight

Call me Señor Pink

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 October 2012 - 04:27 AM

OMG for sure it is. I had to stop playing that chapter for fear of throwing my controller at something.

Shit started to give me a fucking headache. Took me literally 2 hours just to get into the house. :censored: Im not trying to rush through jake's story but im dying to play leon's and espically ada's story asap.

#2908 Killbomb

Killbomb

Waiting for Darkness

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 October 2012 - 07:51 AM

Well I on the other hand am thoroughly enjoying it, and I've only nicked the surface of the game. I'm enjoying the variety in characters and how they fight, the skill system is pretty neat, and I love the fact they added that Demon's Souls esqe invading system.

Sure the game has its little flaws like the camera panning off to show a POI while enemies sucker punch you, but overall, this is a very polished game. And even WITH its flaws, the game is worthy of at LEAST an 8/10.

Seems a lot of people are having trouble with the dodge dive and slide moves but I'm finding them to be second nature for me.

Just played the first boss battle on Jake's first chapter and I was sliding and rolling out the woodwork almost shocked at myself for my fast maneuvering, and in the end didn't even take a hit because of my evading.

Game is well worth the price for the content given, IMHO..

The skill system is ok but I much prefer the weapon upgrades in RE5. It felt way more satisfying to build each weapon up then just put 3 points into the Firearm skill.

A big problem with the dodge dive is that you are not aware it exists unless you stumble on it or happen to catch the loading screen telling you about it. I'd also rather have it be one button or a double tap instead of LT+A. Same with the cover system I talked about before...they both just feel clunky. Anyway, why they didn't include a manual for a game with so much going on is beyond me. It's ok for something like CoD where you basically point and shoot but I think there's way too much going on in RE6 to basically force customers to hit the web or, what I'm sure Capcom hopes, buy the strategy guide.

I will agree that there is a ton of content in the game. Been hearing you tread familiar ground several times though.
Posted Image

Posted Image

#2909 Vap

Vap

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 October 2012 - 08:02 AM

I'm glad you guys are posting your opinions on RE6. Now I know to start with Ada's story first. I don't want to start with Jakes,get pissed,then want to trade the game in ASAP.

I heard Leon's is the best so I'm probably going to sacs that for last.

I'm wondering,if I do Ada's story,Then go to Jakes and get pissed half way,can I go to Leon's? Or do I have to complete Jakes fully before I can go to Leon's story?

#2910 Killbomb

Killbomb

Waiting for Darkness

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 October 2012 - 08:08 AM

I'm glad you guys are posting your opinions on RE6. Now I know to start with Ada's story first. I don't want to start with Jakes,get pissed,then want to trade the game in ASAP.

I heard Leon's is the best so I'm probably going to sacs that for last.

I'm wondering,if I do Ada's story,Then go to Jakes and get pissed half way,can I go to Leon's? Or do I have to complete Jakes fully before I can go to Leon's story?

You can only do Ada's after you've beaten the other 3. You can switch off between the unlocked campaigns though. I played 3 chapters with Leon then started Chris' campaign. Just do chapter select from the menu instead of continue.
Posted Image

Posted Image