Photo
- - - - -

Best Buy [Unlocked] $20 RZ Cert. Pre-order Promo 2012

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
6026 replies to this topic

Poll: Which games are you pre-ordering? (3098 member(s) have cast votes)

Which games are you pre-ordering?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#2941 PhilsUtley26

PhilsUtley26

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 October 2012 - 05:19 PM

I know you can use them towards a prepaid Visa and a Kindle card but another BBY gc is a no go.

So can you use gift cards and RZ cert for Visa PP card?

#2942 cancerman1120

cancerman1120

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 October 2012 - 05:49 PM

So can you use gift cards and RZ cert for Visa PP card?

Yep. Great way to convert extra trade credit to cash...costs $5.95 to activate and $200 limit. I only found out about the RZ cert because I was using it while buying some games with a visa but the computer applied part of the cert to the visa card.

#2943 PhilsUtley26

PhilsUtley26

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 October 2012 - 06:23 PM

Yep. Great way to convert extra trade credit to cash...costs $5.95 to activate and $200 limit. I only found out about the RZ cert because I was using it while buying some games with a visa but the computer applied part of the cert to the visa card.

I read online you couldn't use trade in gift card or RZ cert. Guess I'll give it a shot. Only game I'm interested is Black Ops 2 so might turn 70 credit into 64 cash.

#2944 CAGkrazy

CAGkrazy

Posted 04 October 2012 - 07:08 PM

how i wished i preordered nba2k13. grrr! hope the collectors edition i saw in my store yesterday is still there. need that all star code. hehe!

#2945 tukai

tukai

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 October 2012 - 07:14 PM

Finally got my email token for the RE6 DLC

#2946 kinney_bmx

kinney_bmx

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 October 2012 - 08:03 PM

Despite the reviews and my uncertainty I decided to pick up RE6, figured I'd atleast make my money back after certificate, price match & trade in.

Thought I didn't notice until I picked it up that the guy put my pre-order down as 360 and not PS3. Had to go back in and exchange it for the ps3 version. Hopefully it doesn't mess with my certificates, otherwise I guess I will have to call or contact my personal shopper thing.

Also, if anybody wants a 360 pre-order bonus code then PM me. Don't really care about it and obviously can't use it as I don't have my 360 anymore.

#2947 NINJA V

NINJA V

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 October 2012 - 09:03 PM

Did you actually click the transaction? Mine didn't post pending total till week later, but if you double click on transaction it showed 1000 points earned.

yup been there done that as said before... clicked it and only showed 223 for it.

#2948 ironmenpb

ironmenpb

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 October 2012 - 09:09 PM

so i picked up borderlands 2 12 days after release. they told me i wasn't going to receive the $20 certificate cause i didn't pick it up within 5 days after release. is there anyway they can fix that? i called gamer clubs # and they don't me i had to speak to the manager at the store. any advice?

#2949 Rockinjs

Rockinjs

Trading Time Out (Under Investigation) Do not trade!

• Trading Timeout - Under Review

Posted 04 October 2012 - 09:18 PM

so i picked up borderlands 2 12 days after release. they told me i wasn't going to receive the $20 certificate cause i didn't pick it up within 5 days after release. is there anyway they can fix that? i called gamer clubs # and they don't me i had to speak to the manager at the store. any advice?

That's what it says in the fine print must be picked up within 7 days maybe you could get the manager to override and give you $20 back but that would be ymmv if they read the fine print in the promo

#2950 YBX87

YBX87

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 October 2012 - 09:20 PM

lol, you are sol

#2951 Vigilante

Vigilante

Always Watching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 October 2012 - 09:23 PM

So now that I'm a Premier Silver member, I'm considering preordering ACIII and Far Cry 3 (both :ps3:) since there's next-to-no chance of both titles not dropping at least $20 within two months given that they're Ubisoft games.

Anyone think I should go ahead and just preorder them?

Cloud_Squall78.png
Currently Playing: :3ds: Kirby: Triple Deluxe :ps2: Shadow Hearts: Covenant :ps3: MGS2 HD [Dogtags/Misc.]  :vita: Doki Doki Universe; One Piece: Unlimited World RED
Last Beaten/Completed Game(s) [7/23]: :ps3: MGS2 HD [Easy] (5/5)

Last Watched Film [7/10]: One Piece: Strong World (superb animation, awesome battles)

"Moreso than the good, it is the evil who must be rescued." -Shigesato Itoi

#2952 YBX87

YBX87

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 October 2012 - 09:25 PM

So now that I'm a Premier Silver member, I'm considering preordering ACIII and Far Cry 3 (both :ps3:) since there's next-to-no chance of both titles not dropping at least $20 within two months given that they're Ubisoft games.

Anyone think I should go ahead and just preorder them?

yes, you should. i would of preordered aciii, if i had the 60 day price match

#2953 knight19

knight19

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 October 2012 - 09:37 PM

Finally got my email token for the RE6 DLC

I'm hopeful mine will come soon (I pre-ordered in July) - when I called BB yesterday, the CSR said they had run out, but were expecting more within 48 hours. I'm assuming when I pre-ordered the game had no bearing on the order in which I receive my code.

#2954 ebaymarcaro

ebaymarcaro

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 October 2012 - 09:54 PM

Still haven't gotten my Madden $20 promo. Just heard from a representative that it does not appear as a pre-order in their system.... despite the order history showing that the order was placed on the 16th of August..... sometimes I wish these representatives would think before responding and dismissing customer inquires.

Definitely lowering my expectations for the Borderlands pre-order bonus to go through.

#2955 YBX87

YBX87

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 October 2012 - 09:57 PM

Still haven't gotten my Madden $20 promo. Just heard from a representative that it does not appear as a pre-order in their system.... despite the order history showing that the order was placed on the 16th of August..... sometimes I wish these representatives would think before responding and dismissing customer inquires.

Definitely lowering my expectations for the Borderlands pre-order bonus to go through.

you should try posting on the bestbuy forum to see if you can get the issues resolve

#2956 bob330i

bob330i

just lookin'

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 October 2012 - 10:06 PM

That might be a problem as it didn't show up as a pre-order. Not sure how that would have happened if you ordered on 8/16.

However, you should be able to get some satisfaction because it should have posted by now (been about 5 weeks since release day 8/28) and you have an order on the books.

#2957 Kyden139

Kyden139

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 October 2012 - 10:20 PM

Despite the reviews and my uncertainty I decided to pick up RE6, figured I'd atleast make my money back after certificate, price match & trade in.

Thought I didn't notice until I picked it up that the guy put my pre-order down as 360 and not PS3. Had to go back in and exchange it for the ps3 version. Hopefully it doesn't mess with my certificates, otherwise I guess I will have to call or contact my personal shopper thing.

Same thing happened to me with Borderlands. I posted on the forums, and Mike said that since in my case the return of the wrong preorder and sale of the right game happened on two separate transactions the points wouldn't apply automatically. He simply added the 1000 points for me though no trouble.

So my advice would be to watch your transaction history and this thread. When you see people posting that they see/received their RE6 points look to see if you got them too. If you don't, post on the forums and it'll get fixed for you.

Kyden139.png

#2958 kinney_bmx

kinney_bmx

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 October 2012 - 11:14 PM

Same thing happened to me with Borderlands. I posted on the forums, and Mike said that since in my case the return of the wrong preorder and sale of the right game happened on two separate transactions the points wouldn't apply automatically. He simply added the 1000 points for me though no trouble.

So my advice would be to watch your transaction history and this thread. When you see people posting that they see/received their RE6 points look to see if you got them too. If you don't, post on the forums and it'll get fixed for you.

Thanks, ill do that. Though she did do it as an exchange so maybe ill be okay

#2959 htz

htz

CAGiversary 3.0!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2012 - 12:12 AM

My pre-order for dishonored has shipped, along with the whale oil lamp(I guess BB didn't run out of them cause I just pre-ordered yesterday).

yes, you should. i would of preordered aciii, if i had the 60 day price match

Just keep watching for Best Buy to announce there holiday return policy. Everybody will get an extended time to price match also just like last year.

#2960 YBX87

YBX87

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2012 - 12:31 AM

My pre-order for dishonored has shipped, along with the whale oil lamp(I guess BB didn't run out of them cause I just pre-ordered yesterday).

Just keep watching for Best Buy to announce there holiday return policy. Everybody will get an extended time to price match also just like last year.

htz, do you know why bestbuy isn't offering preorder for alien: colonial marines for xbox 360/ ps3? also can you post a picture on here of the usb whale oil lamp, once you receive it.

#2961 htz

htz

CAGiversary 3.0!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2012 - 12:52 AM

htz, do you know why bestbuy isn't offering preorder for alien: colonial marines for xbox 360/ ps3? also can you post a picture on here of the usb whale oil lamp, once you receive it.

I don't work for best buy so I don't know.

Posted Image
That's the oil lamp, not mines. Just took a screenshot of it from a youtube unboxing.

#2962 YBX87

YBX87

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2012 - 01:04 AM

Posted Image
That's the oil lamp, not mines. Just took a screenshot of it from a youtube unboxing.

thanks, i am tempted to preorder dishonored now

#2963 Sharkey1337

Sharkey1337

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2012 - 01:08 AM

Still hoping Hitman gets some RZ/GC love as XCOM got the $15 GC!

#2964 edson13

edson13

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2012 - 01:08 AM

Posted Image

looks really nice, might make another pre-order

#2965 YBX87

YBX87

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2012 - 01:09 AM

Still hoping Hitman gets some RZ/GC love as XCOM got the $15 GC!

i hope so too, i always wanted to play the hitman series, but never got a chance until now

#2966 advanced

advanced

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2012 - 02:26 AM

Got my DLC codes for NBA2K13 and RE6 finally. I'm broke down and sent a PM on the forums so I'm pretty sure that spurred it, just like it did with Borderlands 2, in case anybody is still waiting.

#2967 cancerman1120

cancerman1120

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2012 - 02:47 AM

I was in yesterday and the BBY Rep told me the game was already in the back of the store. Not that it has anything to do with stock but I was just surprised the game was already there. The temptation to play early would be too great for me. :)

#2968 JohnWayne

JohnWayne

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2012 - 02:48 AM

Do you think you can send me a link of where you posted that on the forums because the same thing happened to me with my nba 2k12

#2969 Confucius

Confucius

Corporate Shill

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2012 - 02:58 AM

I do like that oil lamp.

Ees7Y.jpg

I'm 100% shocked that books still exist in today's day and age. I thought they'd be out by now. They make up like 1% of today's entertainment and unless you're 60 or older, stray away from books and start emersing yourself with real entertainment.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Codes for Free / Codes for Trade

#2970 Kyden139

Kyden139

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2012 - 03:05 AM

Do you think you can send me a link of where you posted that on the forums because the same thing happened to me with my nba 2k12

Just make a new topic, I marked mine as solved.

Gamer's Unlocked Best Buy Forum

Kyden139.png