Photo
* * * * * 10 votes

GOG Deals Thread: GOG's 6th Birthday Sale Ongoing (Year 3 games on sale, Alone in the Dark, Dungeon Keeper 2, etc)

GOG Good Old Games Retro Old Games DOS DRM-free DRM free pedobear approved

• Please log in to reply
7665 replies to this topic

#91 Pajama_Man

Pajama_Man

Posted 27 June 2012 - 04:41 AM

Here is hoping we see Operation Flashpoint (ArmA: Cold War Assault) go on a daily. Even though I already own the retail GOTY Edition (I could easily just download the install files directly from BIS and just use my old key), I really want to add the game to my GoG collection. Crap I think I have a problem.
Join the CAG's Steam Community HERE!
Posted Image

#92 Idiotekque

Idiotekque

couch slave

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 June 2012 - 07:13 AM

Here is hoping we see Operation Flashpoint (ArmA: Cold War Assault) go on a daily. Even though I already own the retail GOTY Edition (I could easily just download the install files directly from BIS and just use my old key), I really want to add the game to my GoG collection. Crap I think I have a problem.

Well, GOG is awesome.

Just saying.

Terraria - $1 (Steam),  X3: Terran Conflict - $2 (Steam)Fable: The Lost Chapters - $2 (Steam)

bZ2g3eF.png

#93 Bosamba

Bosamba

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 June 2012 - 03:31 PM

Septerra Core: Legacy of the Creator $2.39 (60% off)
Realms of Arkania III: Shadows over Riva $3.59 (40% off)

Next Round
Syberia
vs.
The Longest Journey
:grouphug:

Wondering which platform to buy the game for? Use Mr. Slimm's Blog http://misterslimm.w...ce-off-results/

Interested in a PC game but not sure if your rig can run it? Go here http://www.systemreq...tslab.com/cyri/

#94 JanusDS

JanusDS

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 June 2012 - 03:36 PM

So what's the story with Syberia and The Longest Journey - looks like they're both point and click adventures, which I'm fond of assuming that they have a decent story, interesting and/or challenging puzzles and don't get repetitive or have a ton of filler (i.e. having to walk 20 miles back and forth just to do 1 stupid puzzle :-x). So has anybody played either of them and have any opinions? Thanks.

#95 spoderman

spoderman

I thought Harvey Dent said that

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 June 2012 - 03:36 PM

Bought Septerra Core, this is actually my first purchase on GOG.. all I've had before are the free games they've given out occasionally and The Witcher backup copy. Already have The Longest Journey + Dreamfall on Steam (I think I got it from the winter sale when the bundle was around $6).

#96 motoki

motoki

A New Game Everyday

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 June 2012 - 03:46 PM

So what's the story with Syberia and The Longest Journey - looks like they're both point and click adventures, which I'm fond of assuming that they have a decent story, interesting and/or challenging puzzles and don't get repetitive or have a ton of filler (i.e. having to walk 20 miles back and forth just to do 1 stupid puzzle :-x). So has anybody played either of them and have any opinions? Thanks.

FYI that The Longest Journey was $2.49 last year on the Steam summer sale so you may want to wait for their sale this year as it may be sub 60% that GOG might offer.

So far Syberia has not dipped below $4.99 on Steam though.

steam_sig.png

#97 KillingMachine

KillingMachine

CAGnificent!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 June 2012 - 05:44 PM

The Longest Journey is one of my all time favorite point and click adventure games. The story is really good. There's a lot of dialogue, so be prepared to listen to a lot of banter. If that's a big turnoff, maybe you won't like it. I also have Syberia, but to be honest I haven't sunk much time into it. There's nothing wrong with it, but it didn't grab me like TLJ did.

#98 JanusDS

JanusDS

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 June 2012 - 06:01 PM

FYI that The Longest Journey was $2.49 last year on the Steam summer sale so you may want to wait for their sale this year as it may be sub 60% that GOG might offer.

So far Syberia has not dipped below $4.99 on Steam though.

Cool, thanks for the heads up - guess I'll wait since the summer sale is just around the corner...well maybe a little further around the corner than most of us originally thought.

The Longest Journey is one of my all time favorite point and click adventure games. The story is really good. There's a lot of dialogue, so be prepared to listen to a lot of banter. If that's a big turnoff, maybe you won't like it. I also have Syberia, but to be honest I haven't sunk much time into it. There's nothing wrong with it, but it didn't grab me like TLJ did.

Nice, if it has a good story and interesting puzzles, I'm fine with a lot of dialogue...hell, I played through MGS4 with its however many hours of cut scenes. :razz:

#99 Idiotekque

Idiotekque

couch slave

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 June 2012 - 08:36 PM

OP updated.

In for Septerra Core!

Terraria - $1 (Steam),  X3: Terran Conflict - $2 (Steam)Fable: The Lost Chapters - $2 (Steam)

bZ2g3eF.png

#100 EarthBoundX5

EarthBoundX5

Chef Jesus

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 June 2012 - 09:17 PM

Already have physical copy of Septerra Core; but i can vouch for it being a pretty awesome game. Definitely worth it for anyone who is a little bit interested.

I don't like having a sig, but for CAG, I figured I'd sheep along.

163177.pngfs_pc.png
http://gamercard.xbo...een/ChefJesusX5 eebeta-badge-small.png
GAP - Since 2003
CAG - Lurked well before current join date

#101 dark_inchworm

dark_inchworm

Oyasuminasai

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 June 2012 - 09:59 PM

I was hoping for Arkania at 60% off just because I grabbed Septerra Core for 60% off during last summer's promo. Ah well, I've got enough to tide me over until the game's inevitable 50% off or better sale. Looks like I'll probably be picking up TLJ tomorrow, since it's assuredly the top pick at this point.

I won't waste my e-breath going on about all the games I hope they discount, but I'd love a 60% drop on either Little Big Adventure game.

Looking to sell codes for The Gunstringer and Fruit Ninja Kinect, together or separately. Message me with your offer.

Stream KMFDM's new album KUNST in its entirety here!

#102 Idiotekque

Idiotekque

couch slave

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 June 2012 - 10:30 PM

I was hoping for Arkania at 60% off just because I grabbed Septerra Core for 60% off during last summer's promo. Ah well, I've got enough to tide me over until the game's inevitable 50% off or better sale. Looks like I'll probably be picking up TLJ tomorrow, since it's assuredly the top pick at this point.

I won't waste my e-breath going on about all the games I hope they discount, but I'd love a 60% drop on either Little Big Adventure game.

I'd pick up Arkania now if you want it. GOG deals are pretty few and far between, and when they do pop up they're only for a handful of games usually from one publisher. Also, since GOG's prices are already quite low, the games almost never go for below 60%. The summer sales are pretty much one of the few exceptions.

It may be a very, very long time before Arkania goes on sale again. It's only a buck more than Septerra Core. ;)

bZ2g3eF.png

#103 dark_inchworm

dark_inchworm

Oyasuminasai

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 June 2012 - 10:57 PM

You do make a good point, but I'm betting on a return of the massive winter sales spanning almost their entire catalog. Yes, that's half a year out, but I've got enough games in my backlog for probably half a decade out (so why do I buy them, anyway...?).

Looking to sell codes for The Gunstringer and Fruit Ninja Kinect, together or separately. Message me with your offer.

Stream KMFDM's new album KUNST in its entirety here!

#104 Bosamba

Bosamba

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 June 2012 - 01:48 AM

As a side note, I got an e-mail today advertising "The Secret World" mmo is coming out this Friday and it was written by the same person who wrote "The Longest Journey." The fact that they're using that as a marketing bullet point must bode well for the original game I'm guessing.

Wondering which platform to buy the game for? Use Mr. Slimm's Blog http://misterslimm.w...ce-off-results/

Interested in a PC game but not sure if your rig can run it? Go here http://www.systemreq...tslab.com/cyri/

#105 MysterD

MysterD

CAG's "Favorite" DRM-Cashew & Cylon-Toaster

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 June 2012 - 02:01 AM

As a side note, I got an e-mail today advertising "The Secret World" mmo is coming out this Friday and it was written by the same person who wrote "The Longest Journey." The fact that they're using that as a marketing bullet point must bode well for the original game I'm guessing.

I got into the TSW Beta this past weekend.
NO NDA's, so I'll talk a little about it.

Yes, the writing, dialogue, and voice-acting is really good in TSW...
...But the questing feels like typical MMO and ARPG stuff.

Oh, and the TSW Beta took up around 30 GB.

#106 Gden

Gden

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 June 2012 - 04:08 AM

I've always wondered, I used to have Septerra core, but at the time couldn't run it. Is the game good?
I'm not changing my signature until Busou Renkin, and Trizenon get licensed.
FC: Pokemon Pearl - 1160-6253-4611
Posted Image

#107 Bosamba

Bosamba

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 June 2012 - 11:29 PM

The Longest Journey $3.99 (60% off)
Syberia $5.99 (40% off)

Next Round
Lords of the Realm: Royal Edition
vs.
Stronghold Crusader

#108 Idiotekque

Idiotekque

couch slave

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 June 2012 - 11:47 PM

OP updated.

Nothing for me today, although I've only heard good things about both of these games. Looks like we've got some strategy games tomorrow. Lords of the Realm looks way more interesting, but also much more dated. Seems like the Stronghold games have been on sale elsewhere bundled together, so seeing as that one is winning by a landslide, there's definitely nothing for me tomorrow.

bZ2g3eF.png

#109 Bosamba

Bosamba

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 June 2012 - 04:58 PM

Lords of the Realm: Royal Edition $3.59 (40% off)
Stronghold Crusader $3.99 (60% off)

Next Round
The Whispered World
vs.
Trine

#110 Idiotekque

Idiotekque

couch slave

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 June 2012 - 07:03 PM

OP updated.

To those interested in Stronghold Crusader, you may hold up and wait for Amazon's "2K Strategy Pack" since it includes the Stronghold Collection + BOTH Civ 4 and 5 Complete Editions for $20. Pricier than this, but you're getting WAY more stuff. Lords of the Realm looks pretty interesting though.

The next two seem to be the first pair of games that break genre, as one of them is a point and click adventure game and the other a side-scrolling action RPG. These are pretty new games too and The Whispered World is $14.99. Kind of an odd day.

bZ2g3eF.png

#111 Torik_Shai

Torik_Shai

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 June 2012 - 10:57 PM

So today's contest is between Two Worlds and The Witcher. And somehow, Two Worlds is winning. I find that a little upsetting.

#112 spoderman

spoderman

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 June 2012 - 10:59 PM

So today's contest is between Two Worlds and The Witcher. And somehow, Two Worlds is winning. I find that a little upsetting.

I'm guessing it's because The Witcher has gone on sale for $2.50-$5 pretty frequently. Two Worlds hasn't gone on sale for as cheap as that quite as much. I'd personally rather Two Worlds would win, because of how many times The Witcher has been discounted, but that's me.. however this sale made me find out that you need to contact GOG's support just to get a multiplayer key for Two Worlds. Kinda makes me not wanna buy it, not sure why they don't just give you a key when you buy it. Apparently this applies to all games with keys like this.

#113 sl4ck

sl4ck

CAG fiend

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 June 2012 - 11:03 PM

Indeed, but there's still plenty of time. Hoping for the best.

#114 Torik_Shai

Torik_Shai

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 June 2012 - 11:06 PM

I'm guessing it's because The Witcher has gone on sale for $2.50-$5 pretty frequently. Two Worlds hasn't gone on sale for as cheap as that quite as much. I'd personally rather Two Worlds would win, because of how many times The Witcher has been discounted, but that's me.. however this sale made me find out that you need to contact GOG's support just to get a multiplayer key for Two Worlds. Kinda makes me not wanna buy it, not sure why they don't just give you one when you buy it. Apparently this applies to all games with keys like this.

Makes sense. Still, it's kinda frustrating for someone like me who doesn't have The Witcher yet to look through the comments on GOG and see everyone voting for Two Worlds even as most acknowledge that The Witcher is the better game.

Oh well. It goes on sale pretty often, you say? Maybe I'll just wait it out. My backlog is already long enough to keep me busy for the next few months anyway, that's for sure.

#115 Idiotekque

Idiotekque

couch slave

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 July 2012 - 12:37 AM

OP updated.

Nothing for me lately (perhaps I'm too much of a cheapass). Where are the "good old games" huh? :)

bZ2g3eF.png

#116 uncle5555

uncle5555

Grumpy Veteran CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 July 2012 - 01:28 AM

Makes sense. Still, it's kinda frustrating for someone like me who doesn't have The Witcher yet to look through the comments on GOG and see everyone voting for Two Worlds even as most acknowledge that The Witcher is the better game.

Oh well. It goes on sale pretty often, you say? Maybe I'll just wait it out. My backlog is already long enough to keep me busy for the next few months anyway, that's for sure.

Exactly....I'm interested in the Witcher after reading everything about it, and this is the cheapest I'll be able to get it for DRM free (a major reason I skipped the retail release), I understand the logic behind the voting, but it's still stupid, especially after looking at the quality of the other game I'm like seriously Two Worlds is winning....
The CAG motto: "Maybe you'll luck out and get the game during a sale before it sells out, maybe not, that's the life of a CAG. Luck of the draw. And timing is everything."

#117 Bosamba

Bosamba

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 July 2012 - 01:43 AM

I'm guessing it's because The Witcher has gone on sale for $2.50-$5 pretty frequently. Two Worlds hasn't gone on sale for as cheap as that quite as much. I'd personally rather Two Worlds would win, because of how many times The Witcher has been discounted, but that's me.. however this sale made me find out that you need to contact GOG's support just to get a multiplayer key for Two Worlds. Kinda makes me not wanna buy it, not sure why they don't just give you a key when you buy it. Apparently this applies to all games with keys like this.

I myself had gotten it for free when GOG had it as part of a promotion where if you bought the Witcher 2 for $24.95, you'd receive The Witcher 1 at no additional charge. Of course, time machines don't exist and the deal happened last year if I recall.

#118 Idiotekque

Idiotekque

couch slave

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 July 2012 - 02:44 AM

I myself had gotten it for free when GOG had it as part of a promotion where if you bought the Witcher 2 for $24.95, you'd receive The Witcher 1 at no additional charge. Of course, time machines don't exist and the deal happened last year if I recall.

Bosamba hit the nail on the head. The voting almost entirely controlled by longtime GOG members, so when a game has been free or a part of a promotion it's very likely not to win one of these votes. Otherwise Two Worlds wouldn't stand a chance.

That said, realize that the losing game in these votes is STILL sold at 40% off. If you want the game DRM free, a dollar or two is not too big of a deal in the long run. GOG prices are already VERY good seeing as everything is DRM free.

bZ2g3eF.png

#119 spoderman

spoderman

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 July 2012 - 03:21 AM

Bosamba hit the nail on the head. The voting almost entirely controlled by longtime GOG members, so when a game has been free or a part of a promotion it's very likely not to win one of these votes. Otherwise Two Worlds wouldn't stand a chance.

That said, realize that the losing game in these votes is STILL sold at 40% off. If you want the game DRM free, a dollar or two is not too big of a deal in the long run. GOG prices are already VERY good seeing as everything is DRM free.

Well, there's that.. and no matter where you bought it from you could get a GOG backup copy. Combine all of the various promotions and deals that The Witcher has had across all retailers and it makes the voting for Two Worlds easier to understand. That, and AFAIK GOG is the only place to get a DRM-free copy of Two Worlds.

#120 radioactivez0r

radioactivez0r

Up and Atom!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 July 2012 - 03:21 AM

Picked up Whispered World, really wanted to play that.
Posted Image

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: GOG, Good Old Games, Retro, Old Games, DOS, DRM-free, DRM free, pedobear approved