Photo
* * * * * 10 votes

GOG Deals Thread: Indie RPG Mix 60% off (Shadowrun Returns, SotS: The Pit, etc)

GOG Good Old Games Retro Old Games DOS DRM-free DRM free pedobear approved

• Please log in to reply
7360 replies to this topic

#481 seamoss

seamoss

CAGadversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2012 - 03:37 PM

Isn't the bigger news that GOG has kicked off their "2012 DRM-FREE HOLIDAY SALE"?

#482 Cheaplikeafox 3.0

Cheaplikeafox 3.0

Insufferable Asshole

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2012 - 03:40 PM

Free is better than DRM-Free.

I already own this, but it allowed me to get a gift copy free!

Can't get enough of the Fox?  Check out my CAG Blog:  http://www.cheapassg...ul-gamers-blog/

Learn how to get FREE and CHEAP games with Tremorgames: http://www.cheapassg...tremorgamescom/

#483 Cheaplikeafox 3.0

Cheaplikeafox 3.0

Insufferable Asshole

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2012 - 03:51 PM

I do like the idea of the new 75% off bundles. The Bullpup one has nothing for me, but I hope one of the other days has a good bundle.

Can't get enough of the Fox?  Check out my CAG Blog:  http://www.cheapassg...ul-gamers-blog/

Learn how to get FREE and CHEAP games with Tremorgames: http://www.cheapassg...tremorgamescom/

#484 Mooby

Mooby

Herp Derp

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2012 - 04:02 PM

They're okay. Never really cared for GOG's major sales because it's usually just the standard 50% off discount unless you buy the larger packs (some of which are a mixed bag). If people are looking for specific games you're usually just better off picking them out during the year when stuff occasionally hit 60-75% off solo.

#485 DRM-Free

DRM-Free

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2012 - 04:07 PM

Duke Nukem 3D: Atomic Edition is now FREE for the next 48 hours on GOG

I'm glad someone posted this - I was stunned when I came across it. Personally, I'm quite happy that Atomic Edition is now part of my GOG library.

It is interesting that many GOG games are now heading over to Steam - For example, the Tomb Raider series as well as most of the Legacy of Kain titles. Now, Duke Nukem 3D and Shadow Warrior have been added to that list. Even so, I prefer the completely DRM-Free versions that GOG provides. Therefore, these Steam additions don't affect my GOG-based purchasing habits.

By the way, I'm extremely tempted by Pid for $4.99 - I'm a fan of GRiN's Bionic Commando: Rearmed, and I want to support Might & Delight. (The team is comprised of former GRiN staff.)

For the CAG's that have tried it, how fun is Pid?

#486 seamoss

seamoss

CAGadversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2012 - 05:19 PM

They're okay. Never really cared for GOG's major sales because it's usually just the standard 50% off discount unless you buy the larger packs (some of which are a mixed bag). If people are looking for specific games you're usually just better off picking them out during the year when stuff occasionally hit 60-75% off solo.

I'm sure this will change soon now that they've started losing their exclusive rights to a lot
of their popular titles and Steam is adding them to their catalog.

#487 walkonshadows

walkonshadows

Terminal CAGtosis

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2012 - 06:15 PM

Did Steam start the "most everything 50% off, but everyday something specific goes 75% off, meaning that if you buy early instead of waiting until the last day of the sale you're screwed" sale strategy or it it a coincidence that everyone does that now?

Anyone who wants a 72-Hour guest pass to The Secret World, just PM me your email.

LeCuPXZ.jpgUUVGik1.jpgDEjnR1E.jpg

CEh38V2.jpgKxJkMdH.jpgJtnnbZt.jpg

#488 warreni

warreni

Eminently punchable

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2012 - 07:08 PM

Did Steam start the "most everything 50% off, but everyday something specific goes 75% off, meaning that if you buy early instead of waiting until the last day of the sale you're screwed" sale strategy or it it a coincidence that everyone does that now?

No, Gog's sales have been structured this way for a long time. Typical weekend sales involve a 50/75 dichotomy depending on whether you pick up the whole enchilada. Those crazy Poles just spoiled us recently with a number of "everything's the same % off no matter how many you buy" sales, but those have been the exception rather than the rule there.

fs_20fa6c7c0d5d11e0a23d8bb844bec87b.png

If you're not having fun, you're doing it wrong.

#489 simpsonps121

simpsonps121

Posted 12 December 2012 - 07:41 PM

Buy what?

#490 walkonshadows

walkonshadows

Terminal CAGtosis

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2012 - 07:44 PM

If you have a Decent/Awesome system buy it. Running that game on full settings AND including the expansion packs, IS A MIND BLOWING STEAL AT $10. Its still well worth the $70 i spent on it at launch (Retail). Have fun :)

Buy what?

Yeah, WTF are you referring too?? The only game within 10 post of yours being mentioned is Duke Nukem 3D!?!

Anyone who wants a 72-Hour guest pass to The Secret World, just PM me your email.

LeCuPXZ.jpgUUVGik1.jpgDEjnR1E.jpg

CEh38V2.jpgKxJkMdH.jpgJtnnbZt.jpg

#491 sweatysides

sweatysides

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2012 - 07:51 PM

Yeah, WTF are you referring too?? The only game within 10 post of yours being mentioned is Duke Nukem 3D!?!

Lol, sorry about that everyone. i Quoted someone who apparently deleted their post while i was replying. i was referring to Roller Coaster Tycoon 3 for $10. The person was on the fence about buying it.

My post was (If you have a Decent/Awesome system buy it. Running that game on full settings AND including the expansion packs, IS A MIND BLOWING STEAL AT $10. Its still well worth the $70 i spent on it at launch (Retail). Have fun :))

#492 simpsonps121

simpsonps121

Posted 12 December 2012 - 08:30 PM

The game is old, but he is correct - it is awesome. My brother LOVES it...

My favorite part is watching people hurl.

#493 tritangle

tritangle

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2012 - 08:34 PM

I believe Amazon had Roller Coaster Tycoon 3 Platinum for $5 a few weeks ago. I bought it then; it's pretty fun -- I've just been playing in Sandbox mode though so that I can build whatever I want.

#494 Mooby

Mooby

Herp Derp

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2012 - 08:41 PM

I think this is the first time GOG has done 'daily sales' but yeah the bundling thing has been around forever.

#495 asdo

asdo

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 December 2012 - 09:23 AM

does anyone know if there's a way to split the packages?

#496 rslater

rslater

Posted 13 December 2012 - 10:03 PM

50% off FTL ($4.99) and ARMA 2 ($14.99), 75% Witcher 2 (7.49) today.

FTL is tempting...

Edited by rslater, 14 December 2012 - 12:01 AM.

#497 seamoss

seamoss

CAGadversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 December 2012 - 10:45 PM

50% off FTL ($4.99) and ARMA ($14.99) 2, 75% Witcher 2 (7.49) today.

FTL is tempting...

FTL is almost certainly future Humble Bundle fodder.

#498 Larce80

Larce80

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 December 2012 - 11:53 PM

I'd get Witcher 2 already but I didnt even get around to playing 1 :(
Sign up at Greenmangaming with my link and we'll both get $2 credit when you make a purchase :)

#499 darkling23

darkling23

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 December 2012 - 03:13 AM

FTL is almost certainly future Humble Bundle fodder.

Why are you so certain?

#500 radioactivez0r

radioactivez0r

Up and Atom!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 December 2012 - 03:26 AM

The whole thing about bundle fodder is weird to me. If you want a game, buy it. Why wait for a possibility it will be bundled with 3-4 other games you already own/don't care about to save a couple bucks?
Posted Image

#501 spoderman

spoderman

I thought Harvey Dent said that

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 December 2012 - 03:38 AM

The whole thing about bundle fodder is weird to me. If you want a game, buy it. Why wait for a possibility it will be bundled with 3-4 other games you already own/don't care about to save a couple bucks?

Because if you wait it out, you can get every indie game ever made very cheap by buying bundles! Who can resist that?!

#502 Mooby

Mooby

Herp Derp

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 December 2012 - 03:42 AM

It's a matter of wanting a game... but not really wanting it immediately. Stuff I have on deck to play: Borderlands 2, Saints Row 3, Dawn of War, CoH series, Metro 2033, Witcher 2, Serious Sam 3, Warlock, and probably half a dozen or more other games from past bundles I haven't gotten to yet.

So, yeah, bundle fodder.

#503 asheskitty

asheskitty

Coconut Kitty

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 December 2012 - 05:08 AM

There's a difference between $10/$5 want it and want it cheap in a bundle. If I really want it and want to play it now, I'll buy it now. I did that when Hotline Miami hit $7.50. If it doesn't hit that want-now-threshold, well most of us have a sizable backlog and a pretty good and varied collection of games I really should/want to play soon.

I dream in yellow comic sans.

It rubs the lotion on it's skin or else it gets Bad Rats again.

♥·.·´¯`·.·♥ Le Mew - Le Purrrrr ♥·.·´¯`·.·♥
Price Trackers --- Enhanced Steam --- SteamGameSales --- IsThereAnyDeal --- CamelCamelCamel Amazon $5 off w/EC List

Don't you be messin' with asheskitty. That girl be from the STREETS, yo.

#504 darkling23

darkling23

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 December 2012 - 05:44 AM

Well I just don't know why everyone assumes FTL will for sure be in a bundle. Why don't people say the same thing about Grimrock? Or Retro City Rampage?

#505 spoderman

spoderman

I thought Harvey Dent said that

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 December 2012 - 05:48 AM

Well I just don't know why everyone assumes FTL will for sure be in a bundle. Why don't people say the same thing about Grimrock? Or Retro City Rampage?

They do for Grimrock, that'll be in a indie bundle (probably a Humble Bundle) for sure. Not sure about Retro City Rampage.

Grimrock is in the Humble Store, it's just a matter of time before it gets humble bundled. Hell, it might even be in Humble Bundle 7, which should go live soon.

Most decent indie games get bundled sooner or later.

#506 seamoss

seamoss

CAGadversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 December 2012 - 07:14 AM

Main reason is that it's already cross-platform, unlike Grimrock or RCR.

Heck, they already use the Humble Store to sell the game from their website.

As for my reasons why I'm not buying it now, it's pretty much the same as everyone else's:
I have a backlog that's literally hundreds of games long. I long ago reached the stage where
I won't buy any games that are not 75% or more off, and even then I really have to want the
game. Otherwise, I wait till it's in a bundle or a year or two down the road (everything gets
cheaper eventually).

And, of course, this *is* Cheap Ass Gamer after all.

#507 darkling23

darkling23

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 December 2012 - 08:47 AM

I'm not saying nothin' about being cheap. I was just wondering if the FTL folks had said something that implied it. But it seems to be just assumptions. Most indies use the Humble storefront these days.

=)

#508 Bosamba

Bosamba

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 December 2012 - 08:54 AM

Why wait for a possibility it will be bundled with 3-4 other games you already own/don't care about to save a couple bucks?

And, of course, this *is* Cheap Ass Gamer after all.

Welcome to Cheap Ass Gamer. For every bit of money we save, no matter how small, that's more that can be used to buy another game to throw onto our increasingly endless backlog.
:grouphug:

Wondering which platform to buy the game for? Use Mr. Slimm's Blog http://misterslimm.w...ce-off-results/

Interested in a PC game but not sure if your rig can run it? Go here http://www.systemreq...tslab.com/cyri/

#509 radioactivez0r

radioactivez0r

Up and Atom!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 December 2012 - 04:38 PM

No, I get the idea of getting games cheap; I don't get the idea of stockpiling a bunch of other stuff that will probably languish for eternity because of $3 savings. Or I totally used to get that and now I'm at a point where I have too many of those deals, not enough time to play them, and I can afford to buy games that come out if I want them. :D

Anyway, today's deals -

75% off "indie" RPGs:

Inquisitor $3.74
Legend of Grimrock $3.74
Geneforge 1-5 $3.74
Torchlight $3.74
The Real Texas $3.74

Curious about Inquisitor myself.
Posted Image

#510 warreni

warreni

Eminently punchable

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 December 2012 - 04:42 PM

No, I get the idea of getting games cheap; I don't get the idea of stockpiling a bunch of other stuff that will probably languish for eternity because of $3 savings. Or I totally used to get that and now I'm at a point where I have too many of those deals, not enough time to play them, and I can afford to buy games that come out if I want them. :D

Anyway, today's deals -

75% off "indie" RPGs:

Inquisitor $3.74
Legend of Grimrock $3.74
Geneforge 1-5 $3.74
Torchlight $3.74
The Real Texas $3.74

Curious about Inquisitor myself.

Inquisitor looks great. I'll have to snag that one on my lunch. Already have Geneforge and Grimrock and Torchlight. The Real Texas looks like one of those things that other people would like a lot but I wouldn't.

fs_20fa6c7c0d5d11e0a23d8bb844bec87b.png

If you're not having fun, you're doing it wrong.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: GOG, Good Old Games, Retro, Old Games, DOS, DRM-free, DRM free, pedobear approved