Playstation 3D Display $199.99 at GameStop & Best Buy

• Please log in to reply
902 replies to this topic

#31 UNDERSTAR

UNDERSTAR

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 June 2012 - 07:18 AM

I'm down to get one if they have a Extended Warranty available with it too.

#32 maximumzero

maximumzero

Seriously, quit it.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 June 2012 - 07:27 AM

Keep in mind there's no tuner, so if you want to use this as an actual TV you're out of luck.

I'd probably pick one up if it fit in my bookshelf that I play games on. From what I saw of the Best Buy display, it looked really nice, even without the 3D activated.

oIi9lub.png

#33 Zippon

Zippon

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 June 2012 - 09:41 AM

Kind of tempting, if true. FWIW, Amazon has it for $220 right now, but that doesn't include free shipping, and it doesn't include the extra pair of glasses and free game that the Gamestop bundle may include.

#34 gantt

gantt

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 June 2012 - 10:46 AM

Kind of tempting, if true. FWIW, Amazon has it for $220 right now, but that doesn't include free shipping, and it doesn't include the extra pair of glasses and free game that the Gamestop bundle may include.

And it's sold by WorldWide Distributors, not Amazon.

#35 DoctorCharlesNichols

DoctorCharlesNichols

Posted 23 June 2012 - 11:27 AM

You guys realize that you can plug a cable box into this thing via USB, right?

#36 KevinMassacre

KevinMassacre

Posted 23 June 2012 - 11:30 AM

You guys realize that you can plug a cable box into this thing via USB, right?

you can plug a cable box into it via hdmi or component as well. its just lacking a tuner for over-the-air signals
Posted Image

#37 Sarang01

Sarang01

My Use Name Is Saber

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 June 2012 - 11:35 AM

I may or may not get this. This all depends on whether or not the Sony visor coming out near the end of the year is 1080p, OLED and 3D. If it's 720p and not OLED I will probably not buy it.
I have been meaning to get some sort of 3D display ever since the Ayumi Hamasaki 3D concert came out on Blu-ray. :D
Posted Image

"Friends let friends eat each other out.".

#38 KirbyLovesTacos

KirbyLovesTacos

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 June 2012 - 12:10 PM

Can this work as a computer monitor if I use a DVI to HDMI adapter? This would be perfect for a monitor.

#39 paean

paean

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 June 2012 - 01:02 PM

Can this work as a computer monitor if I use a DVI to HDMI adapter? This would be perfect for a monitor.

Don't see why not.

#40 Mugatu

Mugatu

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 June 2012 - 01:41 PM

I'm one of the people who was waiting for the $200 price point but all the problems I've read with this thing mean I'll pass. i don't care about 3D that much to roll the dice and hope I get a display that lasts longer than the warranty.

#41 bilbobagins3

bilbobagins3

HHH Buries Everyone!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 June 2012 - 02:10 PM

I would like this for my PSPgo as it's one of the few displays you can actually get full screen PSP output. Combine that with using a Dualshock on the Go and I have another true console. I hate the weird PSP output on other stuff and zoom seems to make it look really bad.

#42 sevenx7

sevenx7

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 June 2012 - 02:54 PM

I'm so tempted to buy it now. Would use it as a monitor and back up screen...when i wanna pull out the second ps3

#43 batman1939

batman1939

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 June 2012 - 03:17 PM

Only 2 HDMI and 1 component input. Sorry but no deal, I'm one of the few that still has a Wii. I don't want to buy component for the Wii with the WiiU coming out.

#44 portnoyd

portnoyd

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 June 2012 - 03:27 PM

I am entirely too cheap to pay more than $150 for this, so I'll live without it. Decent deal but tax hurts.

#45 Jack_Frost

Jack_Frost

Posted 23 June 2012 - 03:48 PM

PS3D Display topics are my favorite to read

#46 exaznkid

exaznkid

Spare Some Change

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 June 2012 - 04:19 PM

not a bad price, but since i dont really need an extra monitor or anything I'll have to pass, maybe when it hits $150 on black friday and i have a ton of credit left i'll get it for something

#47 sylveranking

sylveranking

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 June 2012 - 04:21 PM

If the failure rate wasn't so high, I would jump on it. Its insulting to have to buy an extended warranty (something I haven't done in 3 years once I realized what a rip off they are).

#48 Carlanga

Carlanga

Fishing for deals

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 June 2012 - 05:07 PM

I'm down if it goes to $99; after seeing the high failure rates and how sony doesn't care to accept them...the thing is a display, but has no DVI or VGA inputs... no official remote included so that's an extra $24 if you want a PS remote (which I think some type of remote should have been included instead of an HDMI cable), plus whatever converer cable needed for your computer to send to one of the HDMI ports if you want to use it w/out a console or BR player... According to GS there is low stock of it in about 10 GS around me, so I might buy it at $150, definitely at $99 but $200 is just too much. In my Sam's Club there are a bunch still at $400+.

#49 Jack_Frost

Jack_Frost

Posted 23 June 2012 - 05:17 PM

Once/If it hits $99 people will post saying

"eh, ill wait for $50"

"can I watch tv on it?"

"too small for gaming"

This is like a CAG meme lol

#50 havuk

havuk

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 June 2012 - 05:34 PM

i know this thing has a few drawbacks but $99? go up to best buy and take a look at the low quality monitors and see what if anything you can get for $99. this is 240hz , 3D, includes atleast one game and the glasses. i doubt it's gonna hit $99 any time soon, but if it does... i'll be picking one up!

did they announce any larger screens at E3 as rumored??

#51 havuk

havuk

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 June 2012 - 05:36 PM

"eh, ill wait for $50"

"can I watch tv on it?"

"too small for gaming"

haha yeah then no matter what store has the discounted item you'll hear

"i'm gonna try and pm this at (enter retailer of your choice) "

#52 jjjbadboy32

jjjbadboy32

Posted 23 June 2012 - 05:39 PM

I bought one as a second TV just for the 3D about 2 months ago, and have had no problems yet. The picture is amazing, and if anything happens I will just RMA it. (for a year anyway)

Make sure to buy the PS3 blu-ray remote if you buy this display!
Posted Image

Posted Image

#53 IzzyF3

IzzyF3

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 June 2012 - 05:44 PM

I would like this for my PSPgo as it's one of the few displays you can actually get full screen PSP output. Combine that with using a Dualshock on the Go and I have another true console. I hate the weird PSP output on other stuff and zoom seems to make it look really bad.

Whoa, seriously. I'm definitely getting one now. I bought a Go dock and component wires and everything for it to look like crap on the LCD. Not only can I play Silent Hill Sownpour in 3D (which I heard was great), but I'll get a psp xxl out of this as well. Excited now.

#54 arsenalcrazy8

arsenalcrazy8

As Cheap As Wenger.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 June 2012 - 05:45 PM

Any sony remote also works with this display btw. my old sony remote from my tv that i bought in 98 works perfectly.
Up the Gunners!!!!!
I am Cheap, therefore I buy Cheap.

#55 Untamed Sorrow

Untamed Sorrow

The Maple Kind ??

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 June 2012 - 05:58 PM

I'm down if it goes to $99; after seeing the high failure rates and how sony doesn't care to accept them...the thing is a display, but has no DVI or VGA inputs... no official remote included so that's an extra $24 if you want a PS remote (which I think some type of remote should have been included instead of an HDMI cable), plus whatever converer cable needed for your computer to send to one of the HDMI ports if you want to use it w/out a console or BR player... According to GS there is low stock of it in about 10 GS around me, so I might buy it at $150, definitely at $99 but $200 is just too much. In my Sam's Club there are a bunch still at $400+.

How is Sony not accepting them ? It comes with a 1 yr warranty that they actually honor.They ship you back a refurb...for $200, I can live with it

#56 Mendoza357

Mendoza357

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 June 2012 - 05:59 PM

i might just get one price match at bestbuy and buy the extended warranty

#57 Untamed Sorrow

Untamed Sorrow

The Maple Kind ??

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 June 2012 - 06:01 PM

"eh, ill wait for $50"

"can I watch tv on it?"

"too small for gaming"

Never fails, word for word...

#58 dethfire

dethfire

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 June 2012 - 06:02 PM

isn't this the 24 inch screen? No thanks

#59 Crazysammy

Crazysammy

Posted 23 June 2012 - 06:16 PM

I always chime in on these but I now own 3 of these and they are awesome as a monitor, and for the tournaments I run (Mostly fighting games which if you know that community you know how picky they are about TV / Monitor quality.) The LED screen is super bright and vibrant. I am not a big fan of 3D but its there for the few games/movies I want to use it for. I bought 3 at the 299.99 price with the free extra games and glasses from GS and have had zero regrets. I sold off the extra stuff and got the monitors for around 200. Great deal imo.

#60 shadowkast

shadowkast

Lowball Ban

• Lowball Ban

Posted 23 June 2012 - 06:19 PM

Only 2 HDMI and 1 component input. Sorry but no deal, I'm one of the few that still has a Wii. I don't want to buy component for the Wii with the WiiU coming out.

Monoprice. Think I paid $2.60 for it