Flyers Jun 29 - Jul 5 [Canada]

• Please log in to reply
81 replies to this topic

#31 Adamantum

Adamantum

Wasteland Survivor

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 June 2012 - 04:28 PM

Tales of the Abyss has been removed from the website altogether, along with Binary Domain. Best Buy fails yet again.

Posted Image

#32 VetraX

VetraX

In-game moralist

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 June 2012 - 04:32 PM

along with Binary Domain.

That's disappointing.

#33 TronB

TronB

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 June 2012 - 04:33 PM

Tales of the Abyss has been removed from the website altogether, along with Binary Domain. Best Buy fails yet again.

Lame!!! I was so excited to know that people were gonna pick up Abyss at such a great price, and then they remove it from the list....

BB has been a mess for me lately, they've been "sold out" of Pokemon Conquest for a week and I haven't been sent any kind of notice as to why. -_-

Posted Image

#34 Mr.

Mr.

Posted 29 June 2012 - 05:21 PM

Odd, Lollipop is back up to $59.99 and they removed it from the list of $20 off games. Good thing it's still on the flyer.

#35 Lockescythe

Lockescythe

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 June 2012 - 05:24 PM

I'm gonna send a angry email to bestbuy.ca lol about abyss.

#36 Lockescythe

Lockescythe

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 June 2012 - 05:32 PM

I think those games are supposed to be in the sale but since they can't update prices usually until after the store close they will just remove them from the site.

#37 Norieaga

Norieaga

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 June 2012 - 05:51 PM

I got hyped for Binary Domain, really wanted it. BTW - my good friend went to BB and it was almost cleaned out (he got the last copies of Red Dead and FF13-1). Be warned in advance. :)

#38 Lockescythe

Lockescythe

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 June 2012 - 06:03 PM

well thats why I just ordered MGS and red dead online first thing in the morning before work.

#39 TheKruseMissile

TheKruseMissile

Posted 29 June 2012 - 06:05 PM

Just a heads up, I was able to get Lollipop Chainsaw for forty bucks when I showed them their flyer. It scanned for regular price.

#40 Heartless18

Heartless18

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 June 2012 - 06:12 PM

Binary Domain will be $20 by the end of the summer. It sold HORRIBLY in the US and is a complete flop for Sega. Not sure about the Tales game... it's a very niche audience that plays those kind of games and they probably don't have to drop the price any time soon.

#41 Lockescythe

Lockescythe

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 June 2012 - 06:42 PM

tales probably won't be though is my problem.

#42 Mr.

Mr.

Posted 29 June 2012 - 06:52 PM

Just a heads up, I was able to get Lollipop Chainsaw for forty bucks when I showed them their flyer. It scanned for regular price.

Did they give you the 10% difference? XD

#43 Shinn23

Shinn23

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 June 2012 - 10:23 PM

Same thing happened with me. Dark Souls scanned at $20 but Lollipop scanned at $60. The cashier IMMEDIATELY noticed that it should be on sale. I didn't even have to say anything. He just grabbed a flyer and double checked the price and manually changed it.

#44 EvilMario

EvilMario

PhD in Procrastination

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 June 2012 - 11:27 PM

A shame there's no Tales for me, but we did pick up FFXIII-2 finally.

#45 CoolGrub

CoolGrub

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 30 June 2012 - 01:18 AM

Still waiting on that XBOX Saints Row 3, maybe next week.

#46 titanium

titanium

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 June 2012 - 01:44 AM

I got you beat. I managed to get it at $30. The BB I went to changed the price for the game where you pick up cards for new games. Was listed at 39.99, but scanned at 59.99. I quickly brought up the SCOP law and they dropped it down at 39.99 - 10.

Nice deal. I wasn't sure for $40, but $30 felt like the sweet spot for me. Pretty sure it now scans at the correct price since they have updated BB.ca since then.

I was fairly confident when they scanned it that it would still show up at 59.99 since the website had yet to be updated.

#47 JGonspy

JGonspy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 June 2012 - 02:56 PM

Wow, I was hoping to get Arkham City, but it just flew off the shelves. I went by two Best Buys yesterday in the afternoon and both were sold out. If anyone sees a copy near or in Toronto, I'd greatly appreciated being pointed in its direction.

#48 CoolGrub

CoolGrub

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 30 June 2012 - 03:48 PM

I got you beat. I managed to get it at $30. The BB I went to changed the price for the game where you pick up cards for new games. Was listed at 39.99, but scanned at 59.99. I quickly brought up the SCOP law and they dropped it down at 39.99 - 10.

Nice deal. I wasn't sure for $40, but $30 felt like the sweet spot for me. Pretty sure it now scans at the correct price since they have updated BB.ca since then.

I was fairly confident when they scanned it that it would still show up at 59.99 since the website had yet to be updated.

What is this SCOP Law you're talking about? Scanner Canadian O Policy? I can't google for it.

#49 Toronto Gamer Man

Toronto Gamer Man

Posted 30 June 2012 - 03:49 PM

I saw a few copies yesterday afternoon at the Best Buy @ Eglinton/Warden. They were in an odd location though...closer to the TVs, on the bottom of a side DVD/Blu Ray showcase display. From what I remember it was the only game in that location; the rest of the PS3 games were either in the front display right when you get in, or with the normal stacks.

#50 Boolah

Boolah

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 June 2012 - 04:11 PM

What is this SCOP Law you're talking about? Scanner Canadian O Policy? I can't google for it.

Someone could likely explain it better than I but, here it goes.

If a product is advertised at a certain price (sale or not) and it scans at the wrong price at checkout, by law, the retailer has to sell you the product at the advertised price -10%. If the product is less then 10$, the client gets it for free.

It's pretty rare for clerks to apply the law themselves though, it's likely they either are not aware of it or are specifically told by their managers to avoid it is the client doesn't bring it up.

Oh and SCOP stands for Scanning Code Of Practice

#51 JGonspy

JGonspy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 June 2012 - 04:44 PM

I saw a few copies yesterday afternoon at the Best Buy @ Eglinton/Warden. They were in an odd location though...closer to the TVs, on the bottom of a side DVD/Blu Ray showcase display. From what I remember it was the only game in that location; the rest of the PS3 games were either in the front display right when you get in, or with the normal stacks.

Thanks, I did see those, but I should have mentioned I'm looking for a 360 copy.

#52 Derfel

Derfel

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 June 2012 - 06:08 PM

If a product is advertised at a certain price (sale or not) and it scans at the wrong price at checkout, by law, the retailer has to sell you the product at the advertised price -10%. If the product is less then 10$, the client gets it for free.

It's $10 off, not 10% (I imagine you probably just mistyped).

SCOP isn't actually a law, it's a voluntary policy. Most large retailers in Canada will adhere to it though; you should see a notice posted somewhere in the store if they do.

Keep in mind that it ONLY applies to items that are not stickered with a price.

http://www.competiti.../eng/01262.html
Posted Image

#53 Boolah

Boolah

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 June 2012 - 10:17 PM

It's $10 off, not 10% (I imagine you probably just mistyped).

SCOP isn't actually a law, it's a voluntary policy. Most large retailers in Canada will adhere to it though; you should see a notice posted somewhere in the store if they do.

Keep in mind that it ONLY applies to items that are not stickered with a price.

http://www.competiti.../eng/01262.html

Indeed, curse these blasted fat fingers of mine. And I was sure it was a law here in Quebec, I guess I was mistaken.

#54 games4less

games4less

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 July 2012 - 01:54 AM

Indeed, curse these blasted fat fingers of mine. And I was sure it was a law here in Quebec, I guess I was mistaken.

I believe it is a law in Quebec (as part of the provincial competition act) but nowhere else in the country.

#55 IceCreamTaco

IceCreamTaco

Posted 01 July 2012 - 12:52 PM

Shame , i was gonna get tales but i was too lazy to call the store have them look so i can get it for 20 lol.

I did however get Kid Icarus + Sigma Plus.

Have yet to try Icarus , but sigma im really liking for a portable , but gd its harder than i remember =P

Looks fantastic on the vita screen tho =P

#56 poxsc

poxsc

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 July 2012 - 07:24 PM

Tales and Binary, at least for the 360 as I don't see it for PS3, are $19.99 in the store. BB web site does not reflect it. Bought both of them.

#57 Lockescythe

Lockescythe

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 July 2012 - 08:00 PM

Yay tales is updated on the website to 1999

so is any of the other games that were advertised before like binary domain. PS3 and 360

Been a decent tales day for me bought 3ds tales for 20 and http://thehut.panthe...10456887/el.jpg tales ps3 w free shipping from europe.

Yay tales gaming!

Edited by Lockescythe, 01 July 2012 - 08:11 PM.

#58 VetraX

VetraX

In-game moralist

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 July 2012 - 08:10 PM

As is Binary Domain.

#59 maigoyume

maigoyume

The Lost Dreamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 July 2012 - 02:54 AM

TotA sold out online, gonna check in store tm.
Posted Image

It's cheap to ship to/from Canada. Please take a look at Magiic's Magiical Shipping Guide.
For info on Canadian Customs and Tax exemption check Here,
Here and Here
Currently Playing:
Spoiler

#60 Eoyote

Eoyote

DLC - Disc Locked Content

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 July 2012 - 04:29 AM

If I liked Vesperia (the only Tales game I've played) would I enjoy Abyss?