Flyers Jun 29 - Jul 5 [Canada]

• Please log in to reply
81 replies to this topic

#61 Lockescythe

Lockescythe

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 July 2012 - 06:20 PM

I would guess and say yes. The tales series don't change too much game to game.

Graces for ps3 might be a better fit.

Also if you have access to a gamecube and symphonia that one is also amazing.

#62 JGonspy

JGonspy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 July 2012 - 12:53 AM

If I liked Vesperia (the only Tales game I've played) would I enjoy Abyss?

Personally I enjoyed Abyss the least of all the modern Tales games, but that largely had to do with the terrible load times and not being very fond of much of the cast. The gameplay for all of them is essentially the same though, so if you enjoyed the combat system in Vesperia, Abyss might be worth a shot since the less alluring factors come down to taste as opposed to inferior design.

#63 TronB

TronB

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 July 2012 - 03:55 AM

If I liked Vesperia (the only Tales game I've played) would I enjoy Abyss?

Gameplay wise I would say yes, you would like Abyss. I don't know whether you would like the cast though (I loved them). Seems to be love/hate for most people. Graces f has an entirely different battle system (which becomes awesome once you get the hang of it) which is nothing like Vesperia, so keep that in mind.

Edited by TronB, 03 July 2012 - 04:10 AM.

Posted Image

#64 Norieaga

Norieaga

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 July 2012 - 01:55 PM

So friggin' Binary Domain is on sale now. And I found out late so now its sold out everywhere. And this is the only title I was waiting for when the sale first started.

ARGH!!!! Ideas?

#65 Mr.

Mr.

Posted 03 July 2012 - 02:15 PM

I just placed an in-store pickup order.

#66 squirrelmaster

squirrelmaster

Posted 03 July 2012 - 05:07 PM

So friggin' Binary Domain is on sale now. And I found out late so now its sold out everywhere. And this is the only title I was waiting for when the sale first started.

ARGH!!!! Ideas?

Price match Future Shop?

#67 Shinn23

Shinn23

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 July 2012 - 09:54 PM

ARGH!!!! Ideas?

What system are you looking for?

#68 maigoyume

maigoyume

The Lost Dreamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 July 2012 - 01:44 AM

Picked up Tales of the Abyss, thanks OP
Posted Image

It's cheap to ship to/from Canada. Please take a look at Magiic's Magiical Shipping Guide.
For info on Canadian Customs and Tax exemption check Here,
Here and Here
Currently Playing:
Spoiler

#69 Lockescythe

Lockescythe

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 July 2012 - 02:14 AM

thanks to OP. I grabbed metal gear and red dead and they came today. Also ordered west wing season 1 and tales when it finally dropped.

#70 Eoyote

Eoyote

DLC - Disc Locked Content

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 July 2012 - 04:16 AM

Picked up the second last copy of Abyss at the Heritage Meadows Best Buy here in Calgary. Now I just need a 3DS...:lol:

#71 VetraX

VetraX

In-game moralist

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 July 2012 - 04:21 AM

Now I just need a 3DS...:lol:

That's just awful lolz

#72 maigoyume

maigoyume

The Lost Dreamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 July 2012 - 04:50 AM

Now I just need a 3DS...:lol:

Hah and I thought I was the only one stockpiling 3DS titles :lol:
Posted Image

It's cheap to ship to/from Canada. Please take a look at Magiic's Magiical Shipping Guide.
For info on Canadian Customs and Tax exemption check Here,
Here and Here
Currently Playing:
Spoiler

#73 Eoyote

Eoyote

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 July 2012 - 07:14 AM

That's just awful lolz

If you think about it, this is probably the best time not to own one with the recent announcement of the XL and the fact that there is some really solid titles available now (and more coming this summer/fall).

#74 VetraX

VetraX

In-game moralist

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 July 2012 - 08:33 AM

Well, I know that, but just the idea of buying titles without owning the system to play them on... with the intention to (eventually) play them. In theory, it makes perfect sense: you know you're at one point going to own a 3DS, and it's easier now to get in on deals and even games that may or may not go out of print faster than most. It's a great deal for a good game.

I dunno. I guess I still think it's awful buying games without owning the system haha (it's also a typical and IMO terrible habit of collectors - especially otaku's that love organizing and starring at 'stuff' and often lose the desire of even playing through said 'stuff' down the road) particularly because I don't plan on getting a 3DS. Then again, I can see the upside of it.

#75 Norieaga

Norieaga

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 July 2012 - 02:03 PM

Managed to order Binary Domain, 5 copies currently left for 360! :D Thanks for all your help, folks!

#76 KanoBlade

KanoBlade

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 July 2012 - 02:30 PM

Managed to order Binary Domain, 5 copies currently left for 360! :D Thanks for all your help, folks!

Thanks for the heads up!

#77 EvilMario

EvilMario

PhD in Procrastination

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 July 2012 - 09:56 PM

If you think about it, this is probably the best time not to own one with the recent announcement of the XL and the fact that there is some really solid titles available now (and more coming this summer/fall).

No desire to upgrade to a netbook sized 3DS, but I do enjoy the more 'rounded' edges and slight upgrades touches. dem jaggies from some screen shots of games though, but that's to be expected when blowing games of that resolution up to that size.

#78 Eoyote

Eoyote

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 July 2012 - 03:38 AM

No desire to upgrade to a netbook sized 3DS, but I do enjoy the more 'rounded' edges and slight upgrades touches. dem jaggies from some screen shots of games though, but that's to be expected when blowing games of that resolution up to that size.

From what I've read, the jaggies seen on screenshots aren't actually present on the system itself due to websites simply resizing current 3DS pics to fill the new model's screen size.

#79 EvilMario

EvilMario

PhD in Procrastination

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 July 2012 - 05:53 AM

From what I've read, the jaggies seen on screenshots aren't actually present on the system itself due to websites simply resizing current 3DS pics to fill the new model's screen size.

Nintendo is telling people receiving units for review not post photos / videos of the system running, so shots of the actual unit are tough to come by. But it's only natural games will not look as sharp. Nintendo has stated they're not filtering, or adding anything to help scale to the large screen.

It won't look terrible; I love my DSiXL, but it certainly does a number of 3D games, that were already a little rough looking, no favors.

Posted Image

#80 Eoyote

Eoyote

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 July 2012 - 06:07 AM

Nintendo is telling people receiving units for review not post photos / videos of the system running, so shots of the actual unit are tough to come by. But it's only natural games will not look as sharp. Nintendo has stated they're not filtering, or adding anything to help scale to the large screen.

It won't look terrible; I love my DSiXL, but it certainly does a number of 3D games, that were already a little rough looking, no favors.

Posted Image

Sounds like it will be fine to me: http://www.engadget....road/#continued

#81 Lockescythe

Lockescythe

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 July 2012 - 02:12 AM

anyone know whats on sale tomorrow?

#82 king_bronx

king_bronx

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 July 2012 - 08:39 AM

It's basically the same sales as last week.