Gamestop weekly ad 7/4-7/10

sninh

Banned
50% trade in bonus 7/6-7/8

:360:&:ps3: dragon's dogma 49.99 with resident evil 6 demo (only for :360 not available for ps3 until 9/04)

star wars the old republic
:360:&:ps3: need for speed the run

:wii: zumba fitness 2
:360:&:wii: zumba fitness join the party
:360:&:ps3: mass effect 3

:360:&:ps3: fifa 12
:360:&:ps3: battleship
:360:&:ps3: men in black alien crisis
:360:&:ps3: battlefield 3
:360:&:ps3: tiger woods pga 13
:360:&:ps3: lollipop chainsaw
:360:&:ps3: sniper elite v2
:360: the witcher 2 enhanced edition
:360: zumba fitness rush

:360:&:ps3: tiger woods pga 13 masters edition
:360:&:ps3: modern warfare 3
:360:&:ps3: dirt showdown

30% extra trade in with pre order towards ncaa 13

[quote name='sninh']:360:&:ps3: dragon's dogma 49.99 with resident evil 6 demo (only for :360 not available for ps3 until 9/04)

star wars the old republic
:360:&:ps3: need for speed the run

:wii: zumba fitness 2
:360:&:wii: zumba fitness join the party
:360:&:ps3: mass effect 3

:360:&:ps3: fifa 12
:360:&:ps3: battleship
:360:&:ps3: men in black alien crisis
:360:&:ps3: battlefield 3
:360:&:ps3: tiger woods pga 13
:360:&:ps3: lollipop chainsaw
:360:&:ps3: sniper elite v2
:360: the witcher 2 enhanced edition
:360: zumba fitness rush

:360:&:ps3: tiger woods pga 13 masters edition
:360:&:ps3: modern warfare 3
:360:&:ps3: dirt showdown

30% extra trade in with pre order towards ncaa 13[/QUOTE]

thanks op, I lol'ed at the star wars old republic price, feel sorry for those who bought it at $60. Might get dragons dogmas pricematch at bb and also mass effect 3

I have $15 of credit I just got so I finally have a reason to shop with them again. This makes two times for this year. $40 for Battleship? HA!

Wasn't there talk of Starhawk being $29.99 at GS some time soon? Did I miss that? I remember it being talked about as part of an upcoming sale a few weeks back but I never saw it actually posted anywhere.

Edit: Well, crap, that was a one-day sale way back on 6/26. Somehow I missed that entirely:

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=323718

Great promo there GS where someone who frequents a video game sale board (and is even a mod at said board) can miss it so completely. And that was even with advance warning about it. Somehow I got in on the Sorcery $19.99 one-day sale though.

[quote name='Abeja']40 for the Witcher 2. Thats the first time ive seen it at 40 anywhere. I think its been 50 at BB.[/QUOTE]

Toys R Us had it for $35 actually very early on.

[quote name='Josh5890']I'm just waiting for Gamestop to start taking Wii-U pre-orders[/QUOTE]

Why? It's gonna suck

[quote name='KENFL0']Why? It's gonna suck[/QUOTE]

Nintendo has done such a bad job at convincing people to want that thing. The launch library is meh, no price point, no specs, no release date window and that tablet controler doesn't seem nearly as appealing as it was last year. Bad job nintendo, really bad

Nintendo is truly for the casual gamer with casual taste.
But on a side note I am planning on buying $10 Gamecube games because I barely used it so its in perfect condition unlike my PS2 which I tossed in the dumpster today.

[quote name='GamerDude316']Alright, need some CAG opinions on Witcher 2 at 40. Havent played the first one, worth getting into the series?[/QUOTE]

I'm starting it tonight, I'll let you know :D

some partially decent prices at least.

[quote name='io']Wasn't there talk of Starhawk being $29.99 at GS some time soon? Did I miss that? I remember it being talked about as part of an upcoming sale a few weeks back but I never saw it actually posted anywhere.
[/QUOTE]

There's a chance your local Target has it permanently at $29.99. A bunch of stores dropped the price of starhawk to 30, but apparently many didn't as well. So might be worth a check if you are still interested.

[quote name='GamerDude316']Alright, need some CAG opinions on Witcher 2 at 40. Havent played the first one, worth getting into the series?[/QUOTE]

It's a fine game. Once you get leveled up enough, it gets really good. I paid $20 for the PC copy, and I enjoy it here and there.

[quote name='CheapAssHustla']It's a fine game. Once you get leveled up enough, it gets really good. I paid $20 for the PC copy, and I enjoy it here and there.[/QUOTE]

That's not very convincing. Lol

I'm curious about it also.

[quote name='Kerplunkuga']A pm at bb on mass effect 3 might be in my future...

How does price match work with in store pick up?[/QUOTE]

you are going to have to call up customer service to get a price match

[quote name='Kerplunkuga']A pm at bb on mass effect 3 might be in my future...

How does price match work with in store pick up?[/QUOTE]
How do I request a Price Match from BestBuy.com?

When making a purchase, or during the return and exchange period after your purchase from BestBuy.com, Price Match requests from BestBuy.com are handled via phone. Please call 1-888-BEST BUY (1-888-237-8289) for a BestBuy.com Price Match request. Please be prepared to provide proof of the Best Buy or local retail competitor price that is still in effect that you will ask a Best Buy representative to price match.

BestBuy.com Price Match requests cannot be completed in our stores or via e-mail. Shipping/delivery charges will not be included in the price comparison. Purchases from a smartphone application/website, BestBuy.com orders with store pickup, and orders from the kiosk inside a Best Buy store are considered BestBuy.com purchases for purposes of the Price Match policy. A Price Match request after a purchase from BestBuy.com can be requested either by the person to whom the product was shipped, or by the person who was billed for the purchase.

[quote name='Cocojames333']That's not very convincing. Lol

I'm curious about it also.[/QUOTE]

In addition, I wonder if this is a game that will continue to see $30-$40 sales the rest of the year. I have a few games to play for a while so I'm in no hurry to pick this up

hmm, i wonder which games bb will try and match for next week's ad. if they don't match anything then ill just pm the price for lollipop chainsaw. thanks for the heads up

Am I seeing things or did OP just list The Old Republic for just $19.99? If that's true I'm hauling ass to my GS.

[quote name='Sistros']Am I seeing things or did OP just list The Old Republic for just $19.99? If that's true I'm hauling ass to my GS.[/QUOTE]

The game is dead though

[quote name='Enuf']How do I request a Price Match from BestBuy.com?

When making a purchase, or during the return and exchange period after your purchase from BestBuy.com, Price Match requests from BestBuy.com are handled via phone. Please call 1-888-BEST BUY (1-888-237-8289) for a BestBuy.com Price Match request. Please be prepared to provide proof of the Best Buy or local retail competitor price that is still in effect that you will ask a Best Buy representative to price match.

BestBuy.com Price Match requests cannot be completed in our stores or via e-mail. Shipping/delivery charges will not be included in the price comparison. Purchases from a smartphone application/website, BestBuy.com orders with store pickup, and orders from the kiosk inside a Best Buy store are considered BestBuy.com purchases for purposes of the Price Match policy. A Price Match request after a purchase from BestBuy.com can be requested either by the person to whom the product was shipped, or by the person who was billed for the purchase.[/QUOTE]

Arent they (bb) supposed to call the store you are pm'ing to confirm the lower price and inventory availability? Just curious how this works when you are on the phone with bb customer service. Guess maybe they find out where you are and then call while they put you on hold or something?

[quote name='Sistros']Am I seeing things or did OP just list The Old Republic for just $19.99? If that's true I'm hauling ass to my GS.[/QUOTE]

Game is not dead, they just fixed alot of problems by adding group finder and offering server merges which really really helped out alot, just got on an axtive server, i could list a few, sometimes there is a 10 minute wait to get into the servers (the active ones you wanna be on)

[quote name='strait edge follower']Nothing for me here. However with these daily vita game deals comming soon I guess that's ok :)[/QUOTE]

what/where are those vita daily deals?

[quote name='Monsta Mack']Looks like Lollipop will be $20ish soon.[/QUOTE]

I doubt it. It finally took to now for SOTD to hit $20. I thnink its been on sale a couple of times already is because thats been happening alot for alot of major games released nowadays.

Witcher 2 may be getting universally dropped. There's a change to $40 pending in Walmart's system today.

50% will be nice, though I only have a couple games waiting to trade.

Edit: Witcher 2 is actually a rollback, so maybe not universal.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Enuf']How do I request a Price Match from BestBuy.com?

BestBuy.com Price Match requests cannot be completed in our stores or via e-mail. Shipping/delivery charges will not be included in the price comparison. Purchases from a smartphone application/website, BestBuy.com orders with store pickup, and orders from the kiosk inside a Best Buy store are considered BestBuy.com purchases for purposes of the Price Match policy. A Price Match request after a purchase from BestBuy.com can be requested either by the person to whom the product was shipped, or by the person who was billed for the purchase.[/QUOTE]

I would also like to add, that if a price goes down at bb.com BEFORE you pick up your order, it will automatically adjust to the lower price when you pick it up.

[quote name='Kerplunkuga']Arent they (bb) supposed to call the store you are pm'ing to confirm the lower price and inventory availability? Just curious how this works when you are on the phone with bb customer service. Guess maybe they find out where you are and then call while they put you on hold or something?[/QUOTE]Don't think they take the time to do all that over the phone from what other CAG's have said they just confirm the sale from the other store is live & the items are the exact same thing. People who've had issues locally in-store have had better success over the phone so that's their preferred method of BB shopping.

[quote name='Abeja']40 for the Witcher 2. Thats the first time ive seen it at 40 anywhere. I think its been 50 at BB.[/QUOTE]

It's def been this price before - many times - on Amazon. First in a retail store though, I think

[quote name='Enuf']Don't think they take the time to do all that over the phone from what other CAG's have said they just confirm the sale from the other store is live & the items are the exact same thing. People who've had issues locally in-store have had better success over the phone so that's their preferred method of BB shopping.[/QUOTE]

thats not true at all, when i called to pricematch an item before over the phone. they put me on hold, to try to call the local store. so it is ymmv

[quote name='YBX87']thats not true at all, when i called to pricematch an item before over the phone. they put me on hold, to try to call the local store. so it is ymmv[/QUOTE]My bad completely forgot most of the savvy CAG's have caught on to CS being 24/7 so calling after the other stores have closed is part of the basic strategy.#-oDo have the # on hand to provide to them though especially if you know they have it in stock sometimes I forget that people do know the simple steps to avoid & what to/not to say.

I got a feeling Mass Effect 3 will get a price drop soon. I've been seeing it on sale for $30 a lot lately.

[quote name='sherlock2g']I got a feeling Mass Effect 3 will get a price drop soon. I've been seeing it on sale for $30 a lot lately.[/QUOTE]

$30 is going to be lowest sales you will see for a while

[quote name='YBX87']thanks op, I lol'ed at the star wars old republic price, feel sorry for those who bought it at $60. Might get dragons dogmas pricematch at bb and also mass effect 3[/QUOTE]

Uhh, this happens with every game...why feel sorry? Theyve been playing since November so most have already gotten their money's worth, especially with GW2 releasing very soon.

It's all about how you value it - I bet more people who bought day 1 are getting better value than those who pay $20 now

[quote name='sukTHEfac']Uhh, this happens with every game...why feel sorry? Theyve been playing since November so most have already gotten their money's worth, especially with GW2 releasing very soon.

It's all about how you value it - I bet more people who bought day 1 are getting better value than those who pay $20 now[/QUOTE]

tell that to those who are ordering diablo 3 used from amazon warehouse, and getting used cd key, because they wanted a cheap copy

[quote name='YBX87']tell that to those who are ordering diablo 3 used from amazon warehouse, and getting used cd key, because they wanted a cheap copy[/QUOTE]

Dont quite know what the hell ur talking about

[quote name='Josh5890']I'm just waiting for Gamestop to start taking Wii-U pre-orders[/QUOTE]

seriously, it's probably not gonna be till october 1st

bread's done
Back