Heavy Rain: Director's Cut w/30 Days PS+ $19.99 at Amazon

Awesome find OP. Been waiting for a good price on the Director's Cut. 30 day trial of PS+ is icing on the cake!

I have been thinking about trolling every single amazon thread saying "tax kills the deal". Nevertheless, this is a good price for this game.

[quote name='thetruth1983']I have been thinking about trolling every single amazon thread saying "tax kills the deal". Nevertheless, this is a good price for this game.[/QUOTE]

It's not tax that kills the deals for me at Amazon. It's the $4.99 shipping, "forcing" me to find something else to add to the order just so I can get the free shipping option.

Great deal for a great game.
I love showing off this game to people for the first time. Everyone is creeped out by it and just want to watch me play it for them.

So I could probably google it but what's so special about the directors cut, I have played through the original, kind of want to play through again with the move, can't I do that with out having the DC?

[quote name='Lord Izanagi']Nice price. I got it better from Sears. Clearanced for $6.47.[/QUOTE]

Really...the Director's Cut? Hmmm...guess I'm checking out Sears then. Besides, the Amazon shipping cost is a joke considering it costs $1.81 to send the game USPS First Class in a bubble envelope. $4.99 lol

[quote name='Stimes']So I could probably google it but what's so special about the directors cut, I have played through the original, kind of want to play through again with the move, can't I do that with out having the DC?[/QUOTE]

The DC just has all of the DLC on the disc, including the free move patch.

Thanks OP, I grabbed a copy. Have yet to play the game.

[quote name='Bosamba']It's not tax that kills the deals for me at Amazon. It's the $4.99 shipping, "forcing" me to find something else to add to the order just so I can get the free shipping option.[/QUOTE]

Prime baby, prime.

I played the demo and it seemed pretty good. My biggest concern was that hand to hand combat was really awkward because it kept telling me which button to press sort of like a quick time event. Is all combat in the game like this?
I would like to know since that really killed the gameplay for me.

[quote name='darkmatter00']I played the demo and it seemed pretty good. My biggest concern was that hand to hand combat was really awkward because it kept telling me which button to press sort of like a quick time event. Is all combat in the game like this?
I would like to know since that really killed the gameplay for me.[/QUOTE]

Yes, all of the actions in the game are quick time events. The purpose of the game is to play through the narrative in different ways to achieve multiple outcomes.

stay away from the fence at the crime scene. if u get tooo close u won't be able to move and once it auto saves, u r helpless and will have to start the game over. i learned this the hard way. and if u have kids this game might rub u the wrong way.

I assume that it could, but would the 30-day trial for PS+ stack with another trial? I got one recently for the Ico game at Amazon and have yet to activate it. If I did both at the same time, should it stack like Live does or should I stagger the trials?

Heavy Rain has always been 18.xx at Big Lots, it's actually 17.76 today. I guess some people may not have a big lots around them.

If this wasn't in a red box i would jump all over it.

Can't stand greatest hit red boxes.

[quote name='inky1600']Really...the Director's Cut? Hmmm...guess I'm checking out Sears then. Besides, the Amazon shipping cost is a joke considering it costs $1.81 to send the game USPS First Class in a bubble envelope. $4.99 lol[/QUOTE]
Get Prime. $80 a year. Free Two-day shipping on everything, $3.99 One-Day shipping on everything, Free Release date Delivery on everything. $80 is a little pricey but imagine the money you save with $3.99 one-day shipping. One day shipping these days can cost $10+. So if your a regular at Amazon, definitely get Prime.

OT: I think I may get it. My PS3 is coming on Friday so I may grab this. Already picked up Uncharted 1,2,3 and Infamous 1 so this would add to the collection. Also that would be my third 30 day free PS+ trial. One in the Uncharted 3 bundle, one in the Dual Uncharted pack, and one here.

Finally it hit this price, been waiting for ages. Just barely missed out on the regular version new for $11 a long while back and haven't seen it even this low since. Hopefully it doesn't go completely bonkers like Indigo Prophecy did towards the end. I still really liked that game, but the first 2/3 is more of what I want than the last third.

By the way, does anyone know if this is better with move? I'm wondering if I should have my first playthrough be with move.

[quote name='styl3s']If this wasn't in a red box i would jump all over it.

Can't stand greatest hit red boxes.[/QUOTE]

lol - c'mon dude. get it - its great! just hide the box under your couch while you play it.

[quote name='ChosenOne1']Get Prime. $80 a year. Free Two-day shipping on everything, $3.99 One-Day shipping on everything, Free Release date Delivery on everything. $80 is a little pricey but imagine the money you save with $3.99 one-day shipping. One day shipping these days can cost $10+. So if your a regular at Amazon, definitely get Prime.[/quote]
When I had a ton of Amazon credit I was always ordering from them, so having Prime then would've been great. But since they won't let you use credit to buy into the Prime thing I just used up the bulk of the credits I had there and haven't shopped there since. It's a miracle if I have more than $5-6 left in actual credit and a $10 promo code from buying a game at launch last fall from them.

But again, having to pay real money out of pocket for Prime when other retailers like Gamestop and Best Buy allow you to use store credit to buy into their programs like Gamer's Club Unlocked and Power Up Rewards really sucks balls.
OT: I think I may get it. My PS3 is coming on Friday so I may grab this. Already picked up Uncharted 1,2,3 and Infamous 1 so this would add to the collection. Also that would be my third 30 day free PS+ trial. One in the Uncharted 3 bundle, one in the Dual Uncharted pack, and one here.
Wait....wait...wait....the Uncharted 1&2 Dual Pack has a one month PS+ code in it? Hmmm. I never saw one of those in mine when I picked it up from BB last year for $30 or so after a PM.

By the way, if you're either in a state where Amazon charges sales tax or don't have Prime for the free shipping and wanna get this game right away, then check out Kmart. I saw a few copies of the Director's Cut there a month or two ago when I was checking for clearance titles.

Can't tell if you're joking or not.

[quote name='Jackovasaurus']Can't tell if you're joking or not.[/QUOTE]
They're probably NOT joking honestly. There are people who won't buy a game simply because it's in the wrong kind of case(in this case the red greatest hits case). Apparently it fucks up the feng shui of their game collection shelves and as such they won't soil their collection with such a putrid item.

I kid you not.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']They're probably NOT joking honestly. There are people who won't buy a game simply because it's in the wrong kind of case(in this case the red greatest hits case). Apparently it fucks up the feng shui of their game collection shelves and as such they won't soil their collection with such a putrid item.

I kid you not.[/QUOTE]

I don't even know what to say. If I ever hear someone uttering this bullshit in the RL, I'm sorry in advance for slapping the shit outta you.

If you are serious you could just get a clear replacement case or even a cheap game at GameStop and switch the cases. At least that is what I did.

[quote name='blinknot4']lol - c'mon dude. get it - its great! just hide the box under your couch while you play it.[/QUOTE]
I know it's a great game but as a collector i just don't accept that shit in my collection. I have over 150 PS3 games on my shelf, that red box would give me a hemorrhage.

[quote name='styl3s']I know it's a great game but as a collector i just don't accept that shit in my collection. I have over 150 PS3 games on my shelf, that red box would give me a hemorrhage.[/QUOTE]
1-Goto GS
2-Buy a used non GH version of a PS3 GH
3-switch the red case with the regular one
4-Return the red case + game

thats too much work.

1.swap cases with a game ur gonna trade in
2. trade that game in.

[quote name='Enuf']1-Goto GS
2-Buy a used non GH version of a PS3 GH
3-switch the red case with the regular one
4-Return the red case + game[/QUOTE]

[quote name='styl3s']I know it's a great game but as a collector i just don't accept that shit in my collection. I have over 150 PS3 games on my shelf, that red box would give me a hemorrhage.[/QUOTE]

Wow, and I thought I had problems. :/

[quote name='technicalstylez']thats too much work.

1.swap cases with a game ur gonna trade in
2. trade that game in.[/QUOTE]

No, no. You're also doing too much work.

1. Buy a can of blue spray paint.
2. Spray down case.
3. Profit.

[quote name='Jackovasaurus']No, no. You're also doing too much work.

1. Buy a can of blue spray paint.
2. Spray down case.
3. Profit.[/QUOTE]
No no no. You too are doing it wrong. It goes like this.

Step 1: Steal underpants.
Step 2: ?
Step 3: Profit.
;)

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']No no no. You too are doing it wrong. It goes like this.

Step 1: Steal underpants.
Step 2: ?
Step 3: Profit.
;)[/QUOTE]

Damn underpants gnomes!

Seriously, fuck those god forsaken red cases. I'd rather never play a game then have a red case on my shelf. I'll buy this at gamestop and make sure I get a regular case.

Great game. I recommended that my friend play it, and he ended up staying up until 8am to finish it. I played it soon after, and it was crazy how different our endings turned out to be due to the choices (or mistakes) we made.

JAAAAASON! JASON?! JAYYYYSON

[quote name='inky1600']Really...the Director's Cut? Hmmm...guess I'm checking out Sears then. Besides, the Amazon shipping cost is a joke considering it costs $1.81 to send the game USPS First Class in a bubble envelope. $4.99 lol[/QUOTE]

No, it was the regular version.

[quote name='Brash_Attack']Coming up as $29 for me.[/QUOTE]

That's a copy sold by a third party. Look to the right under "More buying choices" and you'll see Amazon's listing for $19.99. (It's just out of immediate stock and will ship in 1-4 wks).

Anyway, thanks OP. I too had being looking for a copy for a while. I went ahead and placed an order along with Rayman Origins. :)

[quote name='walkonshadows']Wow, and I thought I had problems. :/[/QUOTE]
I am even worse when it comes to slipcases.

If a Blu-Ray does have a slipcase but i cant find one with it, i won't buy it but i also won't put it on my shelf with the slip case because a good majority of BR's don't have slipcases so i store them in a tote. I have to have everything "complete"

The collector and OCD side of me refuses to accept anything less, if i could get lets say X game that i want but is still $60 and get it for $5 but it has no manual and not in the original case i won't buy it.

Updated OP as Amazon has the game back-ordered now. Thanks for bringing it to my attention. I'm thinking Amazon owes me a little promotion fee...;)

[quote name='ChosenOne1']Get Prime. $80 a year. Free Two-day shipping on everything, $3.99 One-Day shipping on everything, Free Release date Delivery on everything. $80 is a little pricey but imagine the money you save with $3.99 one-day shipping. One day shipping these days can cost $10+. So if your a regular at Amazon, definitely get Prime.

OT: I think I may get it. My PS3 is coming on Friday so I may grab this. Already picked up Uncharted 1,2,3 and Infamous 1 so this would add to the collection. Also that would be my third 30 day free PS+ trial. One in the Uncharted 3 bundle, one in the Dual Uncharted pack, and one here.[/QUOTE]

Well to each his own I guess. I won't be forking over 80 bucks to anybody just to get improved shipping. What kind of Amazon customer most benefits by Prime? It just seems to me that in most cases you can get free shipping by adding to cart to get over 25 bucks anyway. The next day delivery is nice but purely a luxury item for me and I could never afford to pay 80 for that luxury. I have never preordered a game before(though I will from BB now with the 2000 reward zone points promo) so the day one promise on preorder delivery won't help me at amazon-I really don't care about bonus dlc for doing so. I guess Prime customers must order other stuff to make the 80 bucks worthwhile...

[quote name='styl3s']I am even worse when it comes to slipcases.

If a Blu-Ray does have a slipcase but i cant find one with it, i won't buy it but i also won't put it on my shelf with the slip case because a good majority of BR's don't have slipcases so i store them in a tote. I have to have everything "complete"

The collector and OCD side of me refuses to accept anything less, if i could get lets say X game that i want but is still $60 and get it for $5 but it has no manual and not in the original case i won't buy it.[/QUOTE]

I'm like this too. I'm as much a collector as gamer and as a collector a "greatest hits" is equivalent to having a replica and not the original. It even kills me that Resistance 3 had the "Move" labeling haha. Also, I wont buy a game if the franchise didn't start on that console (Killzone 2 &3, God of War III etc.) and I dont like HD Collections. I wish I didn't care. I've been a collector longer and the habit carried over when I became a gamer. I've refined my personal collection so many times it's crazy. Lately I've purged all PS3 games that aren't Sony published, it's getting bad :whistle2:/ The only two games I have that aren't Sony Published are Valkyria Chronicles (exception worthy) and Demon's Souls which wasn't published by Sony but is a Sony property. Still need about 7 more Sony published titles to be satisfied with my collection, until I'm not satisfied again for some idiotic reason.

bread's done
Back