"Singularity" 360/PS3 $10 (!!!) @ Walmart...

RyanLec84

CAGiversary!
The Activision FPS "Singularity" is still listed on most sites-(including Walmart.com)-as $29.99. Cheapest price I've found, so far, is NewEgg @ $15, with free shipping. I was at my local Walmart last night. They had the game behind glass for 360 and PS3 at, of course, $29.99. I decided to pick-up the 360 version. I was pretty stoked when it rang out at only $10 (!!!). I had a curious look and the Wally-World associate said to me, off hand, "Hmf... Price must've just changed". So, not sure if it was just local. But knowing Walmart, I'm thinking it may be a "universal" price on this at Walmart(s)? Not sure. But wanted to post this in the hope it may help someone here out. Cheers!! :bouncy:

Okay this is a good game and a good deal. I loved the single player a lot and as many mentioned, it has a lot of similarities to Bioshock. The multiplayer is dead sadly, was a bit fun when populated.

I remember buying this game day one 'cause of amazon giving out a free comic book and $20 GC. I was so glad I did that,the multiplayer was so much fun in it's prime,and the single player was amazing as well. One of the few games I 1000/1000 on achievements.

I realize the multiplayer will probably be dead now,but the single player is well worth the $10 they're asking for.

Great to hear, guys. I just started it now. I would've picked it up sooner. Sadly, it was one of those games I "just overlooked". Any similarities to BioShock can't be bad... lol! Will have to post my thoughts as I get deeper into it. The multiplayer looks to be real fun. Perhaps one of you would like to schedule hopping into it at some point? Show me "how it's done" with Singularity online... ha! Speaking of BioShock... where the HELK is Infinite?!!? Seriously hope, with as many delays it has had, that they're using the time to really polish that baby!!! 1 and 2 certaintly DIDN'T dissapoint!

i bought this from best buy during the holiday season for 5 bucks and thought it was totally worth it. took around 5ish hours to beat the campaign. a good blend of Bioshock with COD (or similar FPS).

Good game. A lot of fun. Was sad that the online was dead when I played it 6 months or so ago. Probably no one playing at this point, but its worth it for the single player at least.

I bought this game about a year or so ago during one of Gamefly's sales. I enjoyed it, but never got past the part with those fuckING spiders. It's such a pain in the ass that I can't finish a game because of one stupid thing like that.

Bad deal-it's been 5 bucks at KMart for 2 months now. And that's the 360 version. If you can find a PS3 version like I did, that scans in at 2.99!

Okay FPS, decent length. Not particularly unique or amazing, but an entertaining playthrough nonetheless. I wouldn't pay more than $10 for it though.

wonderful game. very much in the mood of bioshock. Takes about 12-15 hours to beat. i still play the multiplayer too. Its kinda hit or miss on people but usually i can get a game going without to much trouble. Multiplayer plays like dead space multi but is fun. Some unique creatures make the game that much more enjoyable.

This game was really good i thought, and overlooked. The shooting and movement feels very similar to MW2, but it has much more of a Bioshock atmosphere and story line to it.

this game definitely didn't get the respect it deserved back in the day. single player was extremely fun and the multiplayer was beast even with only 3 maps :)) Better than most of the crap that's been released this year!!!

[quote name='cynicalaa22']I bought this game about a year or so ago during one of Gamefly's sales. I enjoyed it, but never got past the part with those fuckING spiders. It's such a pain in the ass that I can't finish a game because of one stupid thing like that.[/QUOTE]

I remember that part being pretty tough. Its definitely the hardest part of the game though, so once you get past that its not bad. Worth $10 for sure if you ask me.

Been waiting for an online deal for this for what seems like ages. All the deals for it have been in-store only...

[quote name='inky1600']Bad deal-it's been 5 bucks at KMart for 2 months now. And that's the 360 version. If you can find a PS3 version like I did, that scans in at 2.99![/QUOTE]

Bad deal, hunh? I would have to say- NOT! $10, for a game with an original retail of $59.99 is a steal, even if you found it cheaper than that.

My local Sears and Kmart still rings it as $29.99 and some folks don't have that option. While Wally-Marts are on every street corner. So, doesn't hurt to give anyone, whom has interest in this game, a heads up, where it's cheaper, no matter how much. When you hit $10 or below, your really "reaching" calling something a "bad deal".

Besides, where was your thread stating it was so cheap @ Kmart, at the time you found it? Didn't do it, you say?

I think it's great you want to point-out where folks may be able to get it even cheaper. Helk, that's the entire point of this forum. But to sit there, be a wise-guy, and call it a "bad deal"... is an insult to everyone whom takes the time and contributes to this board in the hopes of helping others find something they've wanted at a price-point they can handle, and be happy with.

Hmmmm... I usually don't get upset like this. But.... for just some reason you're lil' mouth realllly irked me!

[quote name='Jaysonguy']It's been 9.99 for the 360 and PS3 since Black Friday.[/QUOTE]

Interesting. Which stores? I did hit BB, Kmart, Target, TRUS, and Sears before Walmart. They all had it 29.99 for 360 and PS3. lol... BB had it on their "clearence rack"... and while everything else had those lil' "yellow stickers" with cheaper prices, Singularity was still 29.99. Go figure... what a suprise. lol! They did have a copy of the PC version for $5. TRUS was the worst though, they still had it @ 49.99! lol... I almost turned green. And it wasn't with envy.

[quote name='RyanLec84']Interesting. Which stores? I did hit BB, Kmart, Target, TRUS, and Sears before Walmart. They all had it 29.99 for 360 and PS3. lol... BB had it on their "clearence rack"... and while everything else had those lil' "yellow stickers" with cheaper prices, Singularity was still 29.99. Go figure... what a suprise. lol! TRUS was the worst though, they still had it @ 49.99! lol... I almost turned green. And it wasn't with envy.[/QUOTE]
I know it's NJ, RI, and MD. Others not too sure but that's a weird sample to not be everywhere.

On Black Friday Walmart had colored stickers for each price level and Singularity was one of them, after black Friday they're still the same price.

Most still have the stickers left on them too.

[quote name='bajingo']Can anyone who finds this also let us know, so we can figure if it's Ymmv[/QUOTE]

If you're interested in a copy, bro... let me know. They had plenty there. Can snag one for ya!

[quote name='Jaysonguy']I know it's NJ, RI, and MD. Others not too sure but that's a weird sample to not be everywhere.

On Black Friday Walmart had colored stickers for each price level and Singularity was one of them, after black Friday they're still the same price.

Most still have the stickers left on them too.[/QUOTE]

Gotcha! Mine didn't have the stickers. Probably fresh stock, with the B-Friday price. Just must've never changed the $29.99 rack-tag. You can add CT to the list. Had picked it up @ the Wally Super-Center in Waterford, CT. I would have to assume then that some Walmarts have diff games on sale during B-Friday, so it "might" be a some-sort of "regional walmart thing"? lol!

Since it seems alot of people already have the game and alot are getting it for the first time we should bring the multiplayer back to life.:grouphug:

[quote name='cynicalaa22']I bought this game about a year or so ago during one of Gamefly's sales. I enjoyed it, but never got past the part with those fuckING spiders. It's such a pain in the ass that I can't finish a game because of one stupid thing like that.[/QUOTE]

Is this the part you are talking about?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jbE2SMCK5Q0

[quote name='RyanLec84']Bad deal, hunh? I would have to say- NOT! $10, for a game with an original retail of $59.99 is a steal, even if you found it cheaper than that.[/QUOTE]
If you think that's the definition of a steal, why don't you start buying up every copy of Lair or Duke Nukem Forever for $10 or less that you can find? You'd be making out like a bandit then!

Fact of the matter is, this is not a bad deal, but it's not a good one either. I bought it for $12 from Gamefly about 1.5 years ago.

I've been wanting this game since I missed the $5 Best Buy deal. Great game even at $10, but it's not worth my time going to Walmart for it sadly.

[quote name='sTaTIx']If you think that's the definition of a steal, why don't you start buying up every copy of Lair or Duke Nukem Forever for $10 or less that you can find? You'd be making out like a bandit then!

Fact of the matter is, this is not a bad deal, but it's not a good one either. I bought it for $12 from Gamefly about 1.5 years ago.[/QUOTE]

This game does not belong in the same sentence as those two games you mentioned. It's worth every penny if it's $10.

I really liked Singularity.

He is right though, that phase tick swarm battle is really stupidly hard but the game is quite good.

If Rollingskull says it's good then you better buy it.

The tick swarm is fairly easy if you destroy all of the egg pods in the room (prevents extra ticks from emerging) before turning the valve and shoot a time shield bubble right in front of the door to trap all of the ones coming in for easy slaughter.

lol @ Pre-RageQuit Michael "I'm gonna delete your WOW character if you don't shut up!"

[quote name='asbarnes']Just scanned it at the price checker in Indianapolis and it rang up at $29.99. Oh well.[/QUOTE]

I was going to say that its been this price since last years Black Friday, but perhaps its only BF copies coming out at $10?

Anyway, i've bought 2 copies since BF for gifts so who knows.

Rented it from gamefly, worth $10. I really enjoyed the campaign. At worst you'll beat it and sell it for close to what you paid for it.

[quote name='RyanLec84']Bad deal, hunh? I would have to say- NOT! $10, for a game with an original retail of $59.99 is a steal, even if you found it cheaper than that.

My local Sears and Kmart still rings it as $29.99 and some folks don't have that option. While Wally-Marts are on every street corner. So, doesn't hurt to give anyone, whom has interest in this game, a heads up, where it's cheaper, no matter how much. When you hit $10 or below, your really "reaching" calling something a "bad deal".

Besides, where was your thread stating it was so cheap @ Kmart, at the time you found it? Didn't do it, you say?

I think it's great you want to point-out where folks may be able to get it even cheaper. Helk, that's the entire point of this forum. But to sit there, be a wise-guy, and call it a "bad deal"... is an insult to everyone whom takes the time and contributes to this board in the hopes of helping others find something they've wanted at a price-point they can handle, and be happy with.

Hmmmm... I usually don't get upset like this. But.... for just some reason you're lil' mouth realllly irked me![/QUOTE]

Sorry to irk you man but I'm just trying to save CAGs money. Oh, and if you check my posts you will see that I did indeed post this more than once in the Kmart clearance thread(when they had the Buy 1 G 1 half off clearance sale a month ago-the weekly ad even showed singularity in the picture lol). I posted this again in the GameStop 3/5/7 trade in bonus as a good flip into GameStop as well as many other CAGs did in that thread too. So no, I DID post it at least 3 times along with many others. And I'm not insulting anybody-it's a great game for 10 bucks. Again just trying to save people money. At least where I live, there are as many KMarts as there are WalMarts and Targets for that matter.

Alright, well, I've passed by it many times at the local Kmart clearance bin. Guess I'll grab it the next time I'm there.

bread's done
Back