Photo
- - - - -

The Steam Deal Thread V4! Insert witty comment here.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
11094 replies to this topic

#331 DeLane79

DeLane79

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 July 2012 - 06:15 PM

Does anyone think Batman: Arkham Asylum will drop below 66%? I just bought Arkham City for $10.19 but held off from buying Asylum in hopes that it would drop to 75% off (my wallet's getting thin)

#332 BoringPat

BoringPat

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Bought Limbo, been waiting a long time to play that.

I see what you did there 8-).

#333 motoki

motoki

Entitled Hypocritical Playfire Pirate with Double Standards

• CAGiversary!

yoooo... this thing just popped up on my signature... weird...

Posted Image

I don't like the sound of that. She clearly wants us to derail somehow. I think you should slow down!

mdUFwSE.png

#334 Umair56

Umair56

CHINA DON'T CARE

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 July 2012 - 06:16 PM

yeah, this was sort of inevitable, they had some sweet deals on the first few days.

I've found that Steam sales are usually front and back loaded with weaker deals in the middle. I guess that also depends on what games you like though.

Picked up Arkham City because I missed it the first time and I'm hoping to pick up Krater later if that gets picked. It could turn out to be a pretty nice day.

#335 Commander0Zero

Commander0Zero

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 July 2012 - 06:19 PM

I personally got GTA IV due to the many mod particularly The Vice City Mod.

http://youtu.be/RFfcCApgsKQ?hd=1
Posted Image

#336 The End

The End

It's a Prairie Dog.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 July 2012 - 06:20 PM

Anyone contemplating picking up the Grand Theft Auto Complete Pack might wanna try and see if they can get somebody in the UK to buy it for them. It's £4.99 over there, which works out to $7.75. It's $12.49 in the US store. For those that are bad with math, that's almost $5 difference.

#337 dracula

dracula

i'll buy that for a dolla

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 July 2012 - 06:21 PM

Thinking about getting Arkham City, but I already have Asylum, is Imposters worth $4 extra dollars? Do the games still fill up?

get arkham city for the xbox or ps3, the pc version has securom and install limits(5 machines, 10 installs per machine). it might sound like a lot, but if you have the urge to play this game in 10 or 15 years, you might try to install it and find out that you cant. I have uninstalled the baldur's gate games and fallout 1/2 and planescape torment more than 10 times on my current machine(that was before I bought a bigger hard drive). But doing things like getting a new operating system counts as a new machine.

if you upgrade your computer a lot, you could easily run out of downloads. arkham city has been $15 at best buy for the ps3/xbox before(i of course traded it back into gamestop for double so no longer have it)
"If it ain't fifty cents then I dont want it."

http://www.cheapassg...171#post1074171

Posted Image

#338 DirkBelig

DirkBelig

The Belligerent One

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 July 2012 - 06:22 PM

Nope. I guarantee that's not true because I played through Arkham City using several different skins. The Neal Adams (aka "70s Batman") is my favorite.

Input the following once you load your save file and are still in the main menu:

Left, Left, Down, Down, Left, Left, Right, Up, Up, Down

You will here an audio cue and then when you continue the main story or play the challenge maps you can choose your costume.

Cool. I'll get the skins and skip the Harley's Revenge pack. Looked up some reviews and they were meh. Maybe when it's 75-80% off and if I'm starving for more. I still need to finish AA. I'm stuck someplace and can't even find my way out with a walkthru. I so suck.

133994.png DirkBelig.png5fbfd2ddbe4d9137.png DirkBelig.png

#339 BrolyB593

BrolyB593

I'm Cheap!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 July 2012 - 06:22 PM

Thinking about getting Arkham City, but I already have Asylum, is Imposters worth $4 extra dollars? Do the games still fill up?

I just booted it up to check and I instantly got into a game. Was filled with some new people and a few vets clearly.

I was in your same boat when it was a Flash Sale earlier and I just bit on the Franchise Pack.

#340 lupe guillotine

lupe guillotine

Posted 17 July 2012 - 06:23 PM

Railworks is an awesome game loaded with content even if you don't buy any extra DLC.

What are you talking about with "bad games"?

I want to buy Coconut Queen.....

#341 Cheaplikeafox 3.0

Cheaplikeafox 3.0

Insufferable Asshole

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 July 2012 - 06:26 PM

Posted Image

Derailments? Big breasted zombies with derailment breasts? Just made the game sound 1000x better.

Can't get enough of the Fox?  Check out my CAG Blog:  http://www.cheapassg...ul-gamers-blog/

Learn how to get FREE and CHEAP games with Tremorgames: http://www.cheapassg...tremorgamescom/

#342 Traxstar

Traxstar

Gears Of War Legend

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 July 2012 - 06:27 PM

how come when i bought the gta pack it gave me 2 of each like 2 vice city/ 2 san andreas and so on and i cant delete the 2nd ones and they just sit there i want them out but when i try to run the extra one it just says not in my area so anyone have ideas how to get rid of them its annoying

#343 dracula

dracula

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 July 2012 - 06:28 PM

Derailments? Big breasted zombies with derailment breasts? Just made the game sound 1000x better.

is that the railroad game that is 90% off right now? I have no interest in it, but that still funny.

Posted Image

#344 Cantatus

Cantatus

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 July 2012 - 06:28 PM

Does anyone think Batman: Arkham Asylum will drop below 66%? I just bought Arkham City for $10.19 but held off from buying Asylum in hopes that it would drop to 75% off (my wallet's getting thin)

If it's part of a daily deal, flash deal, or community vote, I'd say the chances are slim of the game being discounted any further.

#345 DarenDF

DarenDF

Don't Do this

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 July 2012 - 06:29 PM

how come when i bought the gta pack it gave me 2 of each like 2 vice city/ 2 san andreas and so on and i cant delete the 2nd ones and they just sit there i want them out but when i try to run the extra one it just says not in my area so anyone have ideas how to get rid of them its annoying

Pretty sure the extras are the mac versions. As far as I am aware you can't get rid of them from your games list.

#346 Sophita

Sophita

CCO Coconut Company

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 July 2012 - 06:29 PM

I want to buy Coconut Queen.....

Well another relatively unknown game is Legend of Fae not a bad game and quite a hidden gem I hear. and even cheaper than Coconut Queen xD
Posted Image

#347 IkedaTeramusa

IkedaTeramusa

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 July 2012 - 06:30 PM

Question: For steam group does it take my Steam Account name or my Steam ID to get invited? Curious.

BTW, what is the coconut queen thing? I must have missed that.

#348 spoderman

spoderman

I thought Harvey Dent said that

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 July 2012 - 06:32 PM

Well another relatively unknown game is Legend of Fae not a bad game and quite a hidden gem I hear. and even cheaper than Coconut Queen xD

But it's not as "unique" as Coconut Queen ;)

#349 Blade

Blade

Trying to have a member title that's longer than MDerrick

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 July 2012 - 06:35 PM

Isn't that seriously part of this game? I remember hearing about a train simulator with zombie DLC, and I thought it was Railworks. Best train sim ever.

Edit: It's Trains vs. Zombies at $2.49 (50% off). And you already own it. ;P

#350 Sophita

Sophita

CCO Coconut Company

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 July 2012 - 06:35 PM

But it's not as "unique" as Coconut Queen ;)

http://www.gamezebo....en/user-reviews Apparently Coconut Queen is actually a really good game too =O Well I never...
Posted Image

#351 lupe guillotine

lupe guillotine

Posted 17 July 2012 - 06:38 PM

I actually bought it when someone recommended it being a bit like Puzzle Quest. So thanks.

#352 pantsattack

pantsattack

Grant Thrift Auto

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 July 2012 - 06:38 PM

http://www.gamezebo....en/user-reviews Apparently Coconut Queen is actually a really good game too =O Well I never...

It's a trap!

#353 dreamcaster

dreamcaster

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 July 2012 - 06:41 PM

After today's games, except Limbo which I'll probably grab, I regret not getting The Walking Dead yesterday and Crysis 2 this morning. I kept thinking that there would be something better to spend money on. At least today there isn't. :\

#354 dracula

dracula

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 July 2012 - 06:45 PM

if anyone who wants to use their xbox 360 controller on their pc, it isnt tough, just check on youtube for an explanation,

http://www.ebay.com/...#ht_4909wt_1161

just get the receiver for about 8 to 10 bucks and download the drivers
http://www.microsoft...ler-for-windows

Posted Image

#355 warreni

warreni

Eminently punchable

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 July 2012 - 06:45 PM

Cool. I'll get the skins and skip the Harley's Revenge pack. Looked up some reviews and they were meh. Maybe when it's 75-80% off and if I'm starving for more. I still need to finish AA. I'm stuck someplace and can't even find my way out with a walkthru. I so suck.

Yeah if you haven't finished AA yet, you can wait on the DLC. I just picked it up a few days ago when AC was first on sale because I've been waiting since it came out for a nice price drop on HQ's Revenge. It's a great incentive for me to fire up AC again as soon as I've saved the galaxy in ME3.

#356 voormis

voormis

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 July 2012 - 06:47 PM

Okay, so I am sorry to say this but I have to add Dear Esther as another pleasant surprise to me. I, personally, think it was a pretty amazing experience with a great setting, writing, and especially the music. The soundtrack is incredible.

#357 pantsattack

pantsattack

Grant Thrift Auto

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 July 2012 - 06:50 PM

Everyone anti Limbo talks about the length or style. Nobody mentions the controls. I could see myself really liking the game, but the controls are molasses slow ruining it. I could see many traps coming and dozens and dozens of times I died because my jump didn't register. I was triple pressing jump to get over some obstacles and it still wasn't working. This thing isn't dark Mario by a longshot.

Did anyone else have this problem? Is it my machine's fault?

#358 voormis

voormis

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 July 2012 - 06:52 PM

Everyone anti Limbo talks about the length or style. I could see myself really liking the game, but the controls are molasses slow. I could see many traps coming and dozens and dozens of times I died because my jump didn't register. I was triple pressing jump to get over some obstacles and it still wasn't working. This thing isn't dark Mario by a longshot.

That is very strange. I think you may be thinking of the parts in the game where the bugs latch onto your head and you have little control over yourself? You have to wait it out and you regain control.

If that's not the portion you are speaking of, then it might have been a hardware issue or a bug (other than the one in the game).

#359 Cheaplikeafox 3.0

Cheaplikeafox 3.0

Insufferable Asshole

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 July 2012 - 06:52 PM

Everyone anti Limbo talks about the length or style. I could see myself really liking the game, but the controls are molasses slow. I could see many traps coming and dozens and dozens of times I died because my jump didn't register. I was triple pressing jump to get over some obstacles and it still wasn't working. This thing isn't dark Mario by a longshot.

I played limbo with both KB/M and gamepad. Never had the problems you mentioned. On occasion some buttons would not register like I wanted, but it wasn't a consistent thing. So maybe it's your machine?

Can't get enough of the Fox?  Check out my CAG Blog:  http://www.cheapassg...ul-gamers-blog/

Learn how to get FREE and CHEAP games with Tremorgames: http://www.cheapassg...tremorgamescom/

#360 spoderman

spoderman

I thought Harvey Dent said that

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 July 2012 - 06:53 PM

I thought some of Limbo's gameplay mechanics were very sloppy, but I don't think I had an issue with the controls constantly not registering.