Photo
- - - - -

The Steam Deal Thread V4! Insert witty comment here.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
11094 replies to this topic

#451 motoki

motoki

Goofy Genie

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 July 2012 - 08:56 PM

Quick question: does anyone know if there is a way in SteamGifts to search just for the group giveaways? Or do you just have to wade through everything?

http://www.steamgift...ancement-addon/

That's the addon you can get for most major browsers that works really well in filtering out the giveaways. It hides things you already own and you can select to filter by group giveaway, contributor, open etc.

I mostly just filter by group and contributor and then if I still have some points left I might say what the hell and waste them on an open giveaway.

Haha nice, I guess you were one of the ones who bought Dear Esther(Worst "Game" ever).

No but I want it badly. I am just too cheap to buy it knowing there is like a 90% chance it will be in some indie bundle someday. I did just enter like 10+ giveaways for it on Steamgifts but I have no chance of winning those.

On a semi-serious note, it's about as much 'game' as Railworks is and a hell of a lot cheaper.

I feel I should post the original quote here considering Batman is on sale "You either die a hero or live long enough to see yourself become the villain"- Harvey Dent : The Dark Knight

Or live long enough to become the Coconut Queen.

steam_sig.png

#452 voormis

voormis

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 July 2012 - 08:57 PM

If you decide to take Dear Esther for a stroll, NOTE: Hit F6 to quick save, (F7 to quick load). There are several reports of the game not saving. There are workarounds, the easiest being to finish it in one sitting. I have to start over when I'd rather be where I was. Great looking though, immersive enough. The bigger the screen the better. Not a traditional "game" though. Also the soundtrack(if purchased) is in the game's (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common folder.

I liked the experience as I've said before. But no reason for my opinion to really be expounded past that, however.

#453 utopianmachine

utopianmachine

Deal Ninja

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 July 2012 - 08:57 PM

If you decide to take Dear Esther for a stroll, NOTE: Hit F6 to quick save, (F7 to quick load). There are several reports of the game not saving. There are workarounds, the easiest being to finish it in one sitting. I have to start over when I'd rather be where I was. Great looking though, immersive enough. The bigger the screen the better. Not a traditional "game" though. Also the soundtrack(if purchased) is in the game's (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common folder.

Yeah, experienced that yesterday. Got to the final game segment, quit, then realized it never saved when I came back. Only took 20 minutes to get back where I was, but it was still annoying.

Good experience, but it's more art than game.

#454 DirkBelig

DirkBelig

The Belligerent One

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 July 2012 - 09:00 PM

Can anyone talk me down from getting the Grand Theft Auto Complete Pack? It LOOKS like too good of a deal to pass on, and I only own Vice City for the original XBox. Anyone care to intervene?

I think the biggest problem these days would be the dated graphics, but they're fun. GTA III was cool; Vice City was super cool (and funny has hell - look up the audio files for VCPR Radio and enjoy 90 minutes of hilarious sketch comedy); but San Andreas suffered for being waaaaaaaaaaay too big. I get their trying to deliver bang for buck, but I got sick of driving five minutes to get to missions. I made it to the "San Francisco" part and lost interest; never made it to "Vegas."

That said, it's less than what it costs for a couple of Value Meals and will deliver easily 100 hours of gameplay if you do them all. You can't see a first-run evening movie for $7.50 and that's just a couple of hours.* Go for it.

* People will pay $10 for a two-hour movie and $60+ for a 90-minute concert and $60 for a game that lasts less than 10 hours, but when it comes to these deals for bundles which may deliver 60-100 hours of gameplay for >$10, people suddenly question the value of the proposition. Yeesh.

133994.png DirkBelig.png5fbfd2ddbe4d9137.png DirkBelig.png

#455 jshackles

jshackles

Enhanced Steam Guy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 July 2012 - 09:00 PM

http://www.steamgift...ancement-addon/

That's the addon you can get for most major browsers that works really well in filtering out the giveaways. It hides things you already own and you can select to filter by group giveaway, contributor, open etc.

I mostly just filter by group and contributor and then if I still have some points left I might say what the hell and waste them on an open giveaway.

Awesome - thanks! :applause:

#456 thepik241

thepik241

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 July 2012 - 09:02 PM

If a UK buyer could send me a PM and help me out with GTA Complete Pack , I'd appreciate it. I can either gift back or re-pay them through paypal.

I'm currently in the UK at the moment.

(Now I regret getting it a while ago when it was $12.50, haha)

Edited by thepik241, 17 July 2012 - 09:48 PM.
Don't PM Me, Paypal isn't working properly for me

Goats Eating Clocks

#457 golfer

golfer

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 July 2012 - 09:04 PM

For anyone that missed the walking dead for 15 bucks, amazon still has that deal. Highly recommended if your a fan of the graphic novels.

Also, someone asked if we could recommend stacking. I definitely recommend it, I picked it up in the double fine bundle for 10 bucks from amazon, now its 7.50 on steam. The only game I have played so far is stacking. It is quite fun but not much replayability unless you are a completionist. Its just a charming game where you go on a quest to save your brothers and sisters, all while playing this those russian stacking dolls. That bundle is a steal for 7.50

#458 jshackles

jshackles

Enhanced Steam Guy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 July 2012 - 09:05 PM

Anyone have an opinion on Shoot Many Robots?

#459 scadouche

scadouche

CAG Veteran

• CAG Veteran

Posted 17 July 2012 - 09:06 PM

Stronghold 3, anyone have opinons on this?

#460 Severose

Severose

I'm okie dokie and loopy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 July 2012 - 09:06 PM

Thanks for the SteamGifts addon post. ;)

CAG: a place to buy/sell/trade games the right way.

GMG ref link: $2 when you spend $2, instantly!

3687091.png76561197965577424.png

#461 daminion

daminion

Posted 17 July 2012 - 09:07 PM

I'm well under my budget of $100 for the sale. I'm not sure if I should be happy about that, or disappointed that there hasn't been a lot for me to decide between.

Summer Sale List
Dungeon Siege I, II, III with Treasures of the Sun DLC - $7.49
Arx Fatalis - $1.99
Alpha Prime - $1.24
Avencast - $2.49
The Bard's Tale -$2.49
Dear Ester Game Plus OST - $3.74
The Witcher 2 - $15.99
Tropico 4 - $7.49
Ys Origin - $7.99
Total: $50.91

Build a Bundle (all steam)
Dead Horde
Iron Grip: Warlord
Dino D-Day
Syberia II
Alien Breed: Impact
DogFighter
Tiny Bang Story
Total: $6.00

Budget: $100.00
Over/Under: ($43.09)

#462 motoki

motoki

Goofy Genie

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 July 2012 - 09:08 PM

Speaking of 'not games' when the hell is To the Moon coming to Steam? It was announced 3 months ago that it's supposed to be coming to Steam and it's been on Origin since March. Yes. Origin.

I don't get it. How hard is it to get some 2D RPG Maker game up if it's been approved. Assuming it was approved and the dev wasn't just talking out of his ass.

steam_sig.png

#463 sunasun

sunasun

Count Burgula approves and endorses this member title

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 July 2012 - 09:08 PM

Okay we need to compile a list of Steam IDs of everyone who bought Dear Esther so I can unfriend them all.

steam id sunasun :lol:

Any opinion on Stacking? It's $3.74 as part of the flash deal.

awesome fun original game

I need to find better things to do with my time:

To whom it may concern:
I am writing because in my experience, Layernet has the best and most premier selection of simulator games on the market. Your selection and variety is simply amazing. Unfortunately, I prefer to purchase my games on Steam, a digital game download service (please see store.steampowered.com). I have noticed none of your games are available on Steam for purchase :(

In particular, I am every interested in Bungee Jump Simulator. I've always thought bungee jumping sounded quite exciting and have always wanted to know what it is like to do so. Unfortunately, it is quite a risky activity and I am quite risk averse. Some might make fun of my risk avoidance, but it has allowed me to reach the ripe old age of 30 in one piece! Simulators are the perfect way for me to experience all of life's excitement without risking my good health. I am very excited to experience bungee jumping through your game, Bungee Jumping Simulator. I would prefer to purchase it through the Steam service as Steam allows me to access all my games conveniently and per their terms of service. I already own a Railworks Simulator game from another company and am considering a Shipping Simulator game and an Agricultural Simulator game if my blood pressure can stand that much excitement! You have other great simulators such as a Mining simulator, Woodcutting simulator, and many vehicle simulators. I would love to be able to purchase those from Steam if possible.

Please let me know if you have any plans of making your catalog available on Steam, I would greatly appreciate it! Otherwise, I will be forced to purchase it from another service and well, that's a risky decision I am not prepared to make just yet!

How about they make a Steam Hoarding Simulation.
I would so love to add that to my collection.

#464 supadupacheap

supadupacheap

Off his medication

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 July 2012 - 09:09 PM

* People will pay $10 for a two-hour movie and $60+ for a 90-minute concert and $60 for a game that lasts less than 10 hours, but when it comes to these deals for bundles which may deliver 60-100 hours of gameplay for >$10, people suddenly question the value of the proposition. Yeesh.

I used to agree with you but then I realized that its a problem of overabundance. If you had a hundred movies backlogged or a hundred concerts needed to be attended over the next year, the value proposition becomes very different.

Yes, there are MANY 100 plus hour games available for insanely cheap but how likely are you to put in that kind of time when you have a backlog? When games were harder to come by, I used to play the hell out of them. Hell, when CDs were an investment, I listened to them over and over (who does that now w/mp3?) Now, its a veritable feast so you are much more likely to move off one dish to another because you know you're not going hungry any time soon.

#465 Sophita

Sophita

CCO Coconut Company

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 July 2012 - 09:09 PM

Does anyone else think Stronghold collection will go cheaper than it is currently? I missed out when it was 91% for the first like 2 minutes of glitchness >.<
Posted Image

#466 motoki

motoki

Goofy Genie

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 July 2012 - 09:10 PM

Stronghold 3, anyone have opinons on this?

Run far away. If you want Stronghold then get the old ones. Amazon has had them on a better sale and Steam redeemable than what they are running now.

Does anyone else think Stronghold collection will go cheaper than it is currently? I missed out when it was 91% for the first like 2 minutes of glitchness >.<

Wait for Amazon to put it on sale again. I think it was $7.50 $5 there. I don't think Steam will have it cheaper.

*Edit: It was $4.99 there previously.

steam_sig.png

#467 SkullTheTroll

SkullTheTroll

Virtual Adventurer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 July 2012 - 09:10 PM

From the Faerie Solitaire Everyone Wins A Copy giveaway I got a copy of Fairie Solitaire.

From Hal's CAG Group Only giveaway I got Rush.

The only thing I've won in like 7 months of regular giveaways was a copy of Secret of the Magic Crystals the other day. Wanted the game so I was very happy, but the prize to winning ratio just doesn't seem to justify me giving things away for the sake of it.

Now giving away an awesome Train vs. Zombies DLC to promote the purchase of Railworks 3? I'll do that any day.

I just recently won the giveaway for Dwarfs!?. I think it was a producer giveaway cause there were 2000 copies. 26000 entries meant a 1 in 13 chance to win. That's the best odds I've seen on there.

Thanks for the Trains vs. Zombies giveaway!

#468 boneless

boneless

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 July 2012 - 09:11 PM

If I gift my purchase, which option do I select if I want to use it myself in the future?

1) email
2) send through steam (I know it's not this)
3) store in inventory for later

Ugh, I'm behind 30 pages after waking up.

#469 imac2much

imac2much

The Angry Baker

• CAGiversary!

Speaking of 'not games' when the hell is To the Moon coming to Steam? It was announced 3 months ago that it's supposed to be coming to Steam and it's been on Origin since March. Yes. Origin.

I don't get it. How hard is it to get some 2D RPG Maker game up if it's been approved. Assuming it was approved and the dev wasn't just talking out of his ass.

I have the exact same question. I occasionally check steam for "To the moon" and it always redirects me to Nancy Drew. Really Steam? Are you trolling me now?

#470 spoderman

spoderman

I thought Harvey Dent said that

• CAGiversary!

if i gift my purchase, which option do i select if i want to use it myself in the future?

1) email
2) send through steam (i know it's not this)

ugh, i'm behind 30 pages after waking up.

#471 Abeja

Abeja

CAG with No Title

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 July 2012 - 09:13 PM

zi posted in the Steam request thread, but the UK CAGers can buy it for 7.5 and send it over to me? Do I need a UK account?

If I gift my purchase, which option do I select if I want to use it myself in the future?

1) email
2) send through steam (I know it's not this)

Ugh, I'm behind 30 pages after waking up.

Everything I buy from Steam I put in my inventory. That way I can trade it if I want or use it for myself.

#472 supadupacheap

supadupacheap

Off his medication

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 July 2012 - 09:14 PM

I broke the cardinal rule and bought Stacking @ 50%. I price tracked it but knew after I hit the button Id regret. But I love T Schafer so it's understandable my urge to acquire as soon as a sale on Stacking came up.

Anyone have any good intel on Costume Quest? I had Psychonauts so its the only thing in the pack I would have gotten on top of Stacking. I have a feeling someone will say its good so then I have to admit my defeat at the hands of le Steam.

#473 Rerujnoc

Rerujnoc

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 July 2012 - 09:14 PM

It was just released on GOG if anyone is interested.

#474 imac2much

imac2much

The Angry Baker

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 July 2012 - 09:16 PM

I broke the cardinal rule and bought Stacking @ 50%. I price tracked it but knew after I hit the button Id regret. But I love T Schafer so it's understandable my urge to acquire as soon as a sale on Stacking came up.

Anyone have any good intel on Costume Quest? I had Psychonauts so its the only thing in the pack I would have gotten on top of Stacking. I have a feeling someone will say its good so then I have to admit my defeat at the hands of le Steam.

I enjoyed Costume Quest. Sure, the combat was simple and half of the costumes were either pointless or redundant, but I haven't played a game that made me smile that much in a while. Well... I mean smile in a wholesome way, not the kind of smile I get when I play Saints Row 3.

Unless the current deal is different than the one I bought before, it comes with a second quest as well!

#475 Blade

Blade

Trying to have a member title that's longer than MDerrick

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 July 2012 - 09:16 PM

I'm making five giveaways exclusively for the CAG Steam group. Check on the CAG Steam page, or check on the Steamgifts website using the SG Enhancement add-on. They all end on the 20th. ;)

#476 Sophita

Sophita

CCO Coconut Company

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 July 2012 - 09:17 PM

Wait for Amazon to put it on sale again. I think it was $7.50 $5 there. I don't think Steam will have it cheaper.

*Edit: It was $4.99 there previously.

Oh wow, another game Amazon has beat out steam on this sale. :applause:
Posted Image

#477 plft

plft

Ploceus castaneiceps

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 July 2012 - 09:18 PM

Costume Quest. I have a great dislike for turn based JRPG style combat and I loved it. Very cute and charming game, recommended.

#478 macschwag14

macschwag14

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 July 2012 - 09:18 PM

Totally random, but assuming it doesn't go any lower I remembered I wanted to finally pick up the Freedom Force bundle: http://store.steampo...d.com/sub/1662/

I'm waiting on this one as well. They had the pack (both games) for $2 in 2010 but since then it's always just been 50% off during the summer and winter sales. I've spent two years tracking this thing and may just spend the extra few bucks to end it.

#479 GreatDoink

GreatDoink

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 July 2012 - 09:19 PM

Man, I know Stronghold 3 is feces, but I loved Stronghold 2 so much and the graphics are wonky on my rig. Tempted to get it just becuae I miss Stronghold...but the way it sounds, seizure grass effects in my copy of Stronghold 2 might be better still...

#480 motoki

motoki

Goofy Genie

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 July 2012 - 09:20 PM

Anyone have an opinion on Shoot Many Robots?

I'm curious as well. It's been on my radar and I think this is as cheap as it has gotten. I was a bit concerned about some crappy DRM because it's Ubisoft, but apparently I read it didn't have any.

I still really hate Ubisoft though and hate to give them my money on principle. I find them to be a really shitty company right up there with EA and in some ways might even be worse.

/Ubisoft rant

I did notice there's a 4 pack option though.

Oh who am I kidding, it's dirt cheap with the 4 pack so I will probably end up getting it.

It was just released on GOG if anyone is interested.

Yeah, I'll pass. If I wanted it DRM free I would have gotten on Desura a long time ago when it first came out.

steam_sig.png