Photo
- - - - -

The Steam Deal Thread V4! Insert witty comment here.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
11094 replies to this topic

#931 The End

The End

It's a Prairie Dog.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 July 2012 - 03:36 AM

Might have a new game for your collection, Motoki.

http://store.steampo....com/app/33950/

57j.gif

#932 Rockopotamus

Rockopotamus

My riffs are bottomless.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 July 2012 - 03:36 AM

Thanks, hal. Wow... I always knew there was quite a big modding community for UT just didn't realize it was still so active. I already own UT and I'd only really be interested in 2k4 or 3 so I'll probably just pick those two up, or one or the other.

#933 Tsel

Tsel

The Dark Knight

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 July 2012 - 03:38 AM

I'm honestly stumped on the Unreal deal. I want it, but $9.99 is a little more than I'd like to pay.

453605.png
TheTsel.png

#934 MillerTime2523

MillerTime2523

FUN TIMES IN CLEVELAND

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 July 2012 - 03:38 AM

Well I just picked up a bunch of games. I suck at Sanctum but it's kind of fun, going to go in for the Unreal Tournament pack, thinking about some others. Would love if you guys could send some friend requests my way! Millertime2325

KyrieIrvingSig1_zps17eadf84.jpg
:360: Now Playing
:360:
Fallout 3: GOTY (1100/1550), 2014 FIFA World Cup (50/1000)

#935 hal

hal

Game Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 July 2012 - 03:39 AM

How is Unreal 3 Black, if I was most likely only going to play single player?

There's a branching story there (complete with cutscenes) but it is essentially a series of matches on the same maps you could play in Instant Action or Multiplayer. The bots do have problems navigating some of the vehicles in some scenarios. I recommend skipping the story and stick to instant action matches. The cool thing is that it's completely configurable in almost every conceivable way. Some of the levels are just amazing.

#936 Rockopotamus

Rockopotamus

My riffs are bottomless.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 July 2012 - 03:40 AM

I foresee the CAG community trolling Steam Greenlight...

#937 fishphoenix

fishphoenix

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 July 2012 - 03:41 AM

Looks like my wallet is saved today, didn't buy anything for the first time!

BUT...

My awesome friend gifted me the Assassin's Creed franchise as an early birthday present! Sweet!

#938 eastx

eastx

The Fighting Bomber

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 July 2012 - 03:44 AM

If anyone buys Take on Helicopters, please PM me and let me know whether it actually has a co-op mode or not.

-Paul Acevedo
Editor, Windows Central, iMore, and Android Central
Twitter: @PaulRAcevedo

Twitch: EastXTwitch - Watch my streams Saturday nights at 8pm Central and win prizes!

#939 BigSpoonyBard

BigSpoonyBard

Aaaaauuugghh!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 July 2012 - 03:45 AM

No deal without part 1

logo.png
A Brief Guide to Steam Sales and Library Building
Brawny Gent or a Coconut Queen? PM for more info

#940 motoki

motoki

A New Game Everyday

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 July 2012 - 03:46 AM

I'm amazed that on top of being made for psychotic killers they were also able to target racist. The stereotypical Arab bomber mouse was a nice touch.

Since i don't want to be completely emasculated I might have to play Secrets of the Magical Crystals instead of Coconut Queen.

Because nothing says manliness like Pink Ponies and Sparkly Crystals.

I've actually noticed it before but they have to try harder than 20%.

I foresee the CAG community trolling Steam Greenlight...

Who, me? O:) *stuffs the ballot box for Coconut Queen 2*

steam_sig.png

#941 Frithsblessing

Frithsblessing

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 July 2012 - 03:46 AM

No deal without part 1

How the hell did it get a part 2?
Posted Image

#942 motoki

motoki

A New Game Everyday

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 July 2012 - 03:53 AM

How the hell did it get a part 2?

Also, it's the Arma II guys again. I see they have a diverse portfolio of zombies, helicopters and crabs.

I wonder if when they said Take On Helicopters would merge with their other games if they meant Fish Filets too.

steam_sig.png

#943 louiedog

louiedog

20 minutes into the future

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 July 2012 - 03:54 AM

Is Virtual Families as incredible as it sounds?

From the developer of the smash-hit Virtual Villagers series comes the new casual game that captures the drama of life—Virtual Families! Virtual Families is a casual family sim that runs in true-real time. Adopt and nurture a needy person in the computer. Help them meet a mate, and start a family.

75% off isn't bad, but maybe I'll wait for a daily.

#944 supadupacheap

supadupacheap

Off his medication

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 July 2012 - 03:54 AM

Ok, Im getting a weird glitch saying some games in my inventory arent able to be added to my account. If some funny business went down wouldnt there be a gifting record somewhere or something? Im in mild panic mode.

#945 steelcurtain11

steelcurtain11

Posted 18 July 2012 - 03:59 AM

I really want Dungeon Defenders but don't know if I want to drop $12.50 on it. my internet is too slow to DL the demo before the deal expires. If anyone wants to trade DD Complete (or at least DD + the extra character dlc's and eternia DLC's) for a Rage steam key PM me really quick.

#946 Zaku77

Zaku77

Posted 18 July 2012 - 04:00 AM

I just keep biting on deals. Now, after thinking about it for 2 days, I decided to bite on Age Of Empires III. I played the first two YEARS ago and really enjoyed them, so why not!

Check out my YouTube channel for collection updates, games industry discussion, and game analysis!
http://www.youtube.c...77?feature=mhee Twitter: https://twitter.com/Helldestroyer77

My Collection: https://docs.google....hvRG9LMlE#gid=0

My Blog for more in depth looks at video games (and even anime!): http://helldestroyer77.blogspot.com/

#947 Broken Cage

Broken Cage

Don't Start Trouble

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 July 2012 - 04:03 AM

I really want Dungeon Defenders but don't know if I want to drop $12.50 on it. my internet is too slow to DL the demo before the deal expires. If anyone wants to trade DD Complete (or at least DD + the extra character dlc's and eternia DLC's) for a Rage steam key PM me really quick.

You might be able to get a better deal on Dungeon Defenders. I bought it, with all the DLC, and Lara Croft Guardian of Light for $10.00 total. I'm just saying, unless you're dying to play it in the next five months, wait til Christmas.

Posted ImagePosted Image

I blog about playing video games: www.heavyattack.com

#948 Spokker

Spokker

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 July 2012 - 04:06 AM

Part 2 of the flying train fiasco (because Fraps only allows 30 seconds of recording for cheapskates).

And here's part 1 again for those who missed it and want to know why the train is in the air.

#949 TheBomb69

TheBomb69

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 July 2012 - 04:07 AM

Unreal Deal Pack worth $10?

#950 motoki

motoki

A New Game Everyday

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 July 2012 - 04:09 AM

Yeah, I'm gonna go with you failed that missing Spokker.

steam_sig.png

#951 Demon Soul

Demon Soul

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 July 2012 - 04:09 AM

Kind of confused by GTA4's Securom. It says there is unlimited machine activations. So is that a typo?

#952 Sir_Fragalot

Sir_Fragalot

wants Startropics 3.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 July 2012 - 04:10 AM

Unreal Deal Pack worth $10?

I say heck yeah. Unreal Tournament and 2K4 are to this day two of the greatest shooters ever released in my mind. Plus you get UT3, and Unreal 1&2.
Posted Image
"Mega Man 9 isn't hard, you're just not paying attention." -KingBroly

#953 Spokker

Spokker

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 July 2012 - 04:10 AM

Yeah, I'm gonna go with you failed that missing Spokker.

Notice the missing textures at the switch. I hear this route has a lot of bugs :applause:

#954 TheBomb69

TheBomb69

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 July 2012 - 04:11 AM

I say heck yeah. Unreal Tournament and 2K4 are to this day two of the greatest shooters ever released in my mind. Plus you get UT3, and Unreal 1&2.

Sold.

#955 Lord_Zath

Lord_Zath

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 July 2012 - 04:12 AM

Part 2 of the flying train fiasco (because Fraps only allows 30 seconds of recording for cheapskates).

And here's part 1 again for those who missed it and want to know why the train is in the air.

Ladies and gentlemen, your engineer has turned on the fasten seatbelts sign. We seem to be encountering some tunnel-related turbulence, but should be firmly on the ground in about 20 seconds.

#956 motoki

motoki

A New Game Everyday

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 July 2012 - 04:13 AM

Is Virtual Families as incredible as it sounds?

From the developer of the smash-hit Virtual Villagers series comes the new casual game that captures the drama of life—Virtual Families! Virtual Families is a casual family sim that runs in true-real time. Adopt and nurture a needy person in the computer. Help them meet a mate, and start a family.

75% off isn't bad, but maybe I'll wait for a daily.

Another gem! Totally buying it but I am kind of sad that it is not in the Last Day of Work complete publisher pack for $7.49.

You know you are big business when your complete publisher pack is $7.49.

steam_sig.png

#957 Severose

Severose

I'm okie dokie and loopy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 July 2012 - 04:13 AM

Oh how I wish I wasn't broke. Any chance we'll see that QuakeCon pack again? =P

CAG: a place to buy/sell/trade games the right way.

GMG ref link: $2 when you spend $2, instantly!

3687091.png76561197965577424.png

#958 Cheaplikeafox OS X

Cheaplikeafox OS X

Posted 18 July 2012 - 04:14 AM

I am waiting to see what CheaplikeaFox does first. :-P

In all seriousness, I don't know. Do I really need to be paying $17-$20 to fly a helicopter? It's a good bit above my buy on a whim price so I feel like I really need to hear amazing stupendous things about this game simulation before I jump in.

I'm nuts but I'm not that nuts. I think I talked myself off the helicopter ledge.

LALALA I can't hear you LALALA :D

I actually looked into this a few weeks back when I was getting DayZ installed and noticed this on their website. The space needle and helicopters had me interested, but I swear I read some pretty mixed to bad reviews of it. I know amazon reviews aren't always the most insightful, but this one has like one good one and three bad ones.

That said, once the MSRP drops to 19.99 and it goes 75% off you can bank on it getting added to my library. 16.99 is just too much when I just got gobs and gobs of trainz for 7 bucks.

Learn how to get FREE and CHEAP games with Tremorgames: http://www.cheapassg...tremorgamescom/

#959 Severose

Severose

I'm okie dokie and loopy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 July 2012 - 04:14 AM

Another gem! Totally buying it but I am kind of sad that it is not in the Last Day of Work complete publisher pack for $7.49.

You know you are big business when your complete publisher pack is $7.49.

Everything included in that added to my wishlist. :D

CAG: a place to buy/sell/trade games the right way.

GMG ref link: $2 when you spend $2, instantly!

3687091.png76561197965577424.png

#960 sleeping_lights_on

sleeping_lights_on

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 July 2012 - 04:17 AM

Does anyone know how to download this thread for offline reading? I am trying desperately to keep up, and it would be very helpful to load it onto my laptop for later offline reading. There are gems in the rough I am missing, I just know!!!!!!! it, by not keeping up. 49 pages since this morning. I remember one vBulletin board with the nice feature to download the ENTIRE thread as text. GOD! I wish this forum had that feature. Please help! PM me if possible, as your reply might get lost in the 100,000's of posts.

I never got into Asscreed, but I can't pull trigger due to Ubicrap DRM crapity crap.
10$ for a 3+ year old game and what? 1 expansion for Age of Empires 3 is NOT getting me off.
Was thinking about maybe getting Men of War, but I think I'll wait. Tactical strategy games don't really do it for me, and I might just wait for the 1C uber collection to come around again. I remember it being at gamersgate last year for some amount. Does anyone remember what amount it was on for then? Did it come again at amazon? Just go all in on the 1C collection when the price is right. Thoughts?

2 days now with no buying. Hopefully tomorrow. or maybe not hopefully. ;) Please PM me if you have any ideas on offline reading of this thread. It would really help me out.