Photo
- - - - -

The Steam Deal Thread V4! Insert witty comment here.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
11094 replies to this topic

#9871 Sophita

Sophita

CCO Coconut Company

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 August 2012 - 11:43 PM

Broke down and bought the Quake pack, Appearntly there is even patches for Quake for the steam version. In these two forums on steam.

Quake 1
http://forums.steamp...d.php?t=1756923

Quake 2
http://forums.steamp...d.php?t=1756937

I am excited as Quake was like my second FPS I remember playing it all the time in secret and having to hide the files and game path under a different name had to do the same thing with Diablo. At least I'll know the tricks when my kid tries to do the same thing :twisted:

Edited by Sophita, 06 August 2012 - 12:02 AM.

Posted Image

#9872 CAGkrazy

CAGkrazy

Posted 05 August 2012 - 11:44 PM

i didnt win the toki tori giveaway... so i just decided to just buy it today. seems like a pretty decent game for $1.24!

#9873 Preedatore

Preedatore

Hamburger Thread

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 August 2012 - 11:47 PM

Hard to keep up with thread especially since just moved and had no internet for 3 days.

BTW is anyone else steam acting weird? I can access everything from client and browser except the community page. Can't see my groups or anything else their.

Wondering if its a glitch or new internet. (BTW FIOS is beast) If anyone had a similar problem help appreciated

I'm having the same issue. But it just came back up.

#9874 clonesniper666

clonesniper666

Final Fantasy Fanatic

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 August 2012 - 11:47 PM

Hard to keep up with thread especially since just moved and had no internet for 3 days.

BTW is anyone else steam acting weird? I can access everything from client and browser except the community page. Can't see my groups or anything else their.

Wondering if its a glitch or new internet. (BTW FIOS is beast) If anyone had a similar problem help appreciated

It was acting weird for a few minutes a about 10 minutes ago but now my community tab is working using the website and the client. My guess is it is just a glitch but you might wanna check it.
c230fb8bbd924924db8824b92aa424e3_0cdf051<---FFXIVARR Character Lodestone
549917_4220482276976_99161570_n.jpg<---Trade Listclonesniper6.png

#9875 Crizume

Crizume

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 August 2012 - 11:55 PM

Thanks guys. Up now for me 2. Just found it weird because it was hasn't worked for me in 3 days.

#9876 DarenDF

DarenDF

Don't Do this

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 August 2012 - 11:56 PM

Alright Quake 4 is tempting me and my hold on my wallet is weak. How is the game if I was only going to be looking to play single player.

#9877 Genocidal

Genocidal

Summer of Punk

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 August 2012 - 11:56 PM

Broke down and bought the quakecon pack, Appearntly there is even patches for Quake for the steam version. In these two forums on steam.

Quake 1
http://forums.steamp...d.php?t=1756923

Quake 2
http://forums.steamp...d.php?t=1756937

I am excited as Quake was like my second FPS I remember playing it all the time in secret and having to hide the files and game path under a different name had to do the same thing with Diablo. At least I'll know the tricks when my kid tries to do the same thing :twisted:

Aw, hope you didn't drop $100 on it :-( I've been offering discounts over in the Group Buy thread since I preordered Dishonored.
x8uorcw.jpggenocidal.png
[img=http://steamsigs.com/steam.php?id=genocidal&pngimg=http://i.imgur.com/fLZMY.png&tborder=0.png

If I would go back in time, the one person in history I'd like to make tap out would have to be... Jesus

#9878 Rsmobile

Rsmobile

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 August 2012 - 12:00 AM

I got 4 levels into Quake 1 before boredom quit. The classic ID shooters just don't have what I'm after in a game.

#9879 Crizume

Crizume

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 August 2012 - 12:01 AM

Also its finally nice to see Coconut queen dethroned for play time in the BGCQ group.

#9880 Sophita

Sophita

CCO Coconut Company

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 August 2012 - 12:01 AM

Aw, hope you didn't drop $100 on it :-( I've been offering discounts over in the Group Buy thread since I preordered Dishonored.

Oops I meant the Quake pack, I should edit that. Also that's really great of you too :applause:

I got 4 levels into Quake 1 before boredom quit. The classic ID shooters just don't have what I'm after in a game.

Ya there really simple games, but also what is kind of nice too. Can just launch play for 10 minutes or so and then quit. Don't need to have like a committed block of time to play them. I'm surprised they havn't found a way to put them on like tablet's because of this.
Posted Image

#9881 walkonshadows

walkonshadows

Terminal CAGtosis

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 August 2012 - 12:13 AM

O.K. so I already have Return to Castle Wolfenstein GOTY on disc from way back, but I want to pick up the one Steam pulled from the store from 2009 named just "Wolfenstein", so where do you find the cheapest copy? (Download preferable)

Anyone who wants a 72-Hour guest pass to The Secret World, just PM me your email.

LeCuPXZ.jpgUUVGik1.jpgDEjnR1E.jpg

CEh38V2.jpgKxJkMdH.jpgJtnnbZt.jpg

#9882 Genocidal

Genocidal

Summer of Punk

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 August 2012 - 12:17 AM

O.K. so I already have Return to Castle Wolfenstein GOTY on disc from way back, but I want to pick up the one Steam pulled from the store from 2009 named just "Wolfenstein", so where do you find the cheapest copy? (Download preferable)

You're going to have a hard time finding a digital copy, because it was pulled from Steam due to a rights issue. I assume that means every other digital site would have to pull it as well or be in violation of their agreement with whoever holds the rights now.
x8uorcw.jpggenocidal.png
[img=http://steamsigs.com/steam.php?id=genocidal&pngimg=http://i.imgur.com/fLZMY.png&tborder=0.png

If I would go back in time, the one person in history I'd like to make tap out would have to be... Jesus

#9883 steamgifts

steamgifts

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 06 August 2012 - 12:44 AM

So the only difference being that you don't receive full credit for the price on steam?

Thanks!

You still receive full credit, as long as they're 20% of your total contributions or less. For example, let's say a user has contributed $200 in games not from a bundle or before the bundle took place. 20% of $200 would be $40, meaning they'll receive full value for $40 of possible bundle games they've previously posted, or decide to post.

The order doesn't affect the result, so even if they submitted $40 in bundle games to start and didn't receive full value, but then decided to post those $200 in non-bundle games, they still end up with the full value of $240.

In short, the vast majority of users will never see a reduced value whether they're posting bundle games or non-bundle games. It just acts as a fail-safe to keep users from reaching high contributor values by only gifting bundle games.

#9884 BigSpoonyBard

BigSpoonyBard

Aaaaauuugghh!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 August 2012 - 12:45 AM

Also its finally nice to see Coconut queen dethroned for play time in the BGCQ group.

You shut yer damn hooer mouth, boy! :boxing:

logo.png
A Brief Guide to Steam Sales and Library Building
Brawny Gent or a Coconut Queen? PM for more info

#9885 hal

hal

Game Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 August 2012 - 12:53 AM

Well ended up buying myself Quake 4 and Commander Keen. After going to a very small comic con and not spending much, I decided to pick those two up. I just hope Commander Keen is not going to be a bitch to get working.

Worked just fine on my Win7. It took me a few minutes to remember the control keys though.

Alright Quake 4 is tempting me and my hold on my wallet is weak. How is the game if I was only going to be looking to play single player.

That should be all you're looking for from Quake 4. Q4, despite getting lots of improvements in the long run, just never drew enough people from Q3. It has a nice campaign in it though, so no problems enjoying the singleplayer aspect.

76561197971332172.png

#9886 Frithsblessing

Frithsblessing

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 August 2012 - 01:18 AM

re: Legend of Fae

The horizontal only movement part doesn't bother me. At first I was expecting vertical movement but once I got used to the mechanics I was fine with it.

I do agree though that it get significantly harder as you progress. I will confess that sometimes I just go nuts and spam moving blocks around randomly at a frenzied pace. And you know what? It works!

It's a lame cheesey thing to do but gotta do what ya gotta do what do sometimes.

I've read the difficult level spikes drastically towards the end. I'm not looking forward to getting my ass kicked by Legend of Fae.

I also do the frenzied clicking- especially when the low health music starts playing, and my panic level shoots through the roof. I feel bad when I let little Claudia die. So, I frenzy click and use all the mana tubes for health. I rarely beat the time limits.

:shame:
Posted Image

#9887 sunasun

sunasun

Count Burgula approves and endorses this member title

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 August 2012 - 01:34 AM

You shut yer damn hooer mouth, boy! :boxing:

I actually heard Jimbo's voice from South Park when I visually processed this message. :lol:
Also Steamgifts is down again.
And now it's back
spoderman And tebow like this

Bacon-Cheeseburger-160x160.jpegmidnightoriginal__94722.1354255776.178.1  mysterd likes this

#9888 Idiotekque

Idiotekque

couch slave

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 August 2012 - 01:43 AM

tsk tsk, still having trouble keeping up with deals eh? :p
it was $3 on greenmangaming when it was on sale for $3.75 and you could use a coupon ;)

Actually I saw that a bit late, but I didn't have a coupon anyways. :roll:

Terraria - $1 (Steam),  X3: Terran Conflict - $2 (Steam)Fable: The Lost Chapters - $2 (Steam)

bZ2g3eF.png

#9889 motoki

motoki

A New Game Everyday

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 August 2012 - 01:51 AM

I just downloaded CK and fired up a session. While it was strange to see a game start up in DOS mode everything seemed to work fine. I'm using a laptop with HD3000 integrated graphics and Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit. I did get a "not optical resolution" message after exit but nothing actually changed from my settings before starting the game.

Same for me. Commander Keen works fine here with Windows 7 64-bit. No issues at all. It has Dosbox built into like a GOG game so anyone worrying about it not running on modern OSes don't.

It's a fun little game with several different sequels collected and definitely worth the $1.24 if you like retro side scrolling action games.

Heresy! :fridge:

In all seriousness though it is a good game and it's worth the playing hours a lot of us did put it into.

Having said that, the total hours played per group for any game will always be rotating since it looks at the last two weeks.

steam_sig.png

#9890 jkimrey

jkimrey

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 August 2012 - 01:51 AM

Steamgifts is being unhelpful, so no nice banner at this point, but if anyone doesn't have Armored Princess, I have it up for giveaway. The giveaway is open to all in the CAG group on Steam and who have given anything away in the past:

Armored Princess Giveaway

Thanks

#9891 Idiotekque

Idiotekque

couch slave

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 August 2012 - 02:07 AM

Getting tired of the downtime. >_> Did you not make enough money during the Summer Sale to keep your servers going strong, Valve?

http://www.downforev...mcommunity.com/

EDIT: And after over an hour of refreshing, I complain, and it looks like it just came back. See kids? When you complain, you get what you want.

EDIT 2: Scratch that, it's still up and down.

Terraria - $1 (Steam),  X3: Terran Conflict - $2 (Steam)Fable: The Lost Chapters - $2 (Steam)

bZ2g3eF.png

#9892 JP

JP

Member of the Ravens Nation!

• Trade-in Value Team

Posted 06 August 2012 - 02:09 AM

I hope Saints Row The Third was what overtook it. I've been playing a lot of that lately.

all-banner.jpg

CAG Apple Game Center/OpenFeint/Plus+/WWF IDs

CAG Game Database & You - Small little tutorial I guess you would call it.

#9893 Draekon

Draekon

Kung-Fu Panda

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 August 2012 - 02:15 AM

Getting tired of the downtime. >_> Did you not make enough money during the Summer Sale to keep your servers going strong, Valve?

http://www.downforev...mcommunity.com/

EDIT: And after over an hour of refreshing, I complain, and it looks like it just came back. See kids? When you complain, you get what you want.

EDIT 2: Scratch that, it's still up and down.

Yep, it's been intermittent for some time now. Though it's not just today that's been bad.

#9894 DarenDF

DarenDF

Don't Do this

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 August 2012 - 02:28 AM

Think I'm gonna sleep on getting Quake 4 and see what I feel like in the morning. Don't really need anymore games right now but its one I've had my eye on since it got on steam. Curse temptation.

#9895 Sir_Fragalot

Sir_Fragalot

wants Startropics 3.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 August 2012 - 02:36 AM

Think I'm gonna sleep on getting Quake 4 and see what I feel like in the morning. Don't really need anymore games right now but its one I've had my eye on since it got on steam. Curse temptation.

Oh I felt the same way, and I decided to buy it. I guess I love old school FPS games better than most of today's offerings I said why not.
Posted Image
"Mega Man 9 isn't hard, you're just not paying attention." -KingBroly

#9896 Sophita

Sophita

CCO Coconut Company

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 August 2012 - 02:45 AM

So this may just be a small annoyance, But does anyone else hate when you launch a game and the default resolution is super small mostly because it is a older game like with Quake. And it ends up resizing your Steam window and so you spend like minutes/hours trying to get it to the exact same half size you had it before but it never turns out right.
Posted Image

#9897 DarenDF

DarenDF

Don't Do this

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 August 2012 - 02:45 AM

Oh I felt the same way, and I decided to buy it. I guess I love old school FPS games better than most of today's offerings I said why not.

Stop trying to tempt me man. XD I felt like I wasn't gonna get it after my post, now I feel weak.

#9898 dejeckt

dejeckt

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 August 2012 - 02:52 AM

On that note, everyone should hassle Steam to offer Corridor 7. When most people were playing Doom, I was stuck with Corridor 7. I was pretty young back then so those floating eyes were pretty scary. Apparently its set in 2012, pretty sure the game was accurate with its prediction.

#9899 BigSpoonyBard

BigSpoonyBard

Aaaaauuugghh!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 August 2012 - 03:17 AM

Stop trying to tempt me man. XD I felt like I wasn't gonna get it after my post, now I feel weak.

Man, this is some Scarlett Letter shit going on here. Tempt him, Fragalot/Hester Prynne :twisted:

logo.png
A Brief Guide to Steam Sales and Library Building
Brawny Gent or a Coconut Queen? PM for more info

#9900 travathian

travathian

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 August 2012 - 03:20 AM

So this may just be a small annoyance, But does anyone else hate when you launch a game and the default resolution is super small mostly because it is a older game like with Quake.

It isn't even just older games, I have had this very problem with many indie titles. Granted I run dual monitors, but I am really tired of indie titles that don't play well with common video settings.