Photo
- - - - -

The Steam Deal Thread V4! Insert witty comment here.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
11094 replies to this topic

#9901 Sophita

Sophita

CCO Coconut Company

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 August 2012 - 03:22 AM

It isn't even just older games, I have had this very problem with many indie titles. Granted I run dual monitors, but I am really tired of indie titles that don't play well with common video settings.

Ya this is prolly like some kind of first world nerd problem. But damn it game resolutions leave my window sizes alone! Like you said it is like some games just have to launch at 800*600 as the default.
Posted Image

#9902 Cheaplikeafox OS X

Cheaplikeafox OS X

Posted 06 August 2012 - 03:27 AM

So I just spent an hour playing Ship Simulator Extreme!

On the first mission... about 45 minutes of that was me sailing back to port... because I forgot to anchor my ship... so it floated miles into the ocean... while i was on my speedboat stopping polluters... green peace... yah...

Learn how to get FREE and CHEAP games with Tremorgames: http://www.cheapassg...tremorgamescom/

#9903 Crizume

Crizume

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 August 2012 - 03:29 AM

LOL at the reply's. I can see why the game would be good. I have fun with my kid on those Ipad games where you build and progress. Most noticably tap zoo.

And I hate this user name. Its from like 5 years ago.

#9904 BigSpoonyBard

BigSpoonyBard

Aaaaauuugghh!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 August 2012 - 03:31 AM

LOL at the reply's. I can see why the game would be good. I have fun with my kid on those Ipad games where you build and progress. Most noticably tap zoo.

You can send cheapy a request to change it, if he's feeling magnanimous

logo.png
A Brief Guide to Steam Sales and Library Building
Brawny Gent or a Coconut Queen? PM for more info

#9905 ObsidianSpire

ObsidianSpire

Obsidian FTW!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 August 2012 - 03:33 AM

Oh, really? I'm going to do that because I never use this username anywhere else, so it gets pretty confusing to some of my friends and myself sometimes. :S

jybOVvmATuEqX.png

Support Team CAG for Extra Life 2013 in November! Join us in our quest or donate. :D LINK

Current Contest/Giveaway: 

Donate to Extra Life & win one of 12 signed Red Orchestra 2 copies!

#9906 Ryan_gf

Ryan_gf

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 August 2012 - 03:34 AM

Do either RTCW or Quake 3 have active online communities any more?

#9907 DarenDF

DarenDF

Don't Do this

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 August 2012 - 03:36 AM

I will do this as well, I don't even go by my current username anymore.

#9908 houdinilogic

houdinilogic

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 August 2012 - 03:38 AM

vocabulary! :whee:

wish i could change my steam username (for login, not my profile id)... email addresses from a decade ago are cool, but i'm into brevity.

also, cheapy's inbox is blowin' up right now, i'd guess.
Posted Image

#9909 Neuropod

Neuropod

Fine work, skeleton!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 August 2012 - 03:43 AM

On that note, everyone should hassle Steam to offer Corridor 7. When most people were playing Doom, I was stuck with Corridor 7. I was pretty young back then so those floating eyes were pretty scary. Apparently its set in 2012, pretty sure the game was accurate with its prediction.

Yes! I loved Corridor 7. The eyeballs were scary but what really freaked me out was the giant robot guy with the minigun. And you could hear his heavy footsteps slowly approaching in the distance. But yeah, for whatever reason I liked C-7 and Wolf3D a lot more than the Doom-engine games.

Who, if anyone, owns the rights? It looks like every company associated with the game is long out of business.
76561197996844513.png

#9910 BigSpoonyBard

BigSpoonyBard

Aaaaauuugghh!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 August 2012 - 03:45 AM

Yes! I loved Corridor 7. The eyeballs were scary but what really freaked me out was the giant robot guy with the minigun. And you could hear his heavy footsteps slowly approaching in the distance. But yeah, for whatever reason I liked C-7 and Wolf3D a lot more than the Doom-engine games.

Who, if anyone, owns the rights? It looks like every company associated with the game is long out of business.

At this point, probably some homeless former developer who is now living under a bridge with a house made of old floppies.

logo.png

#9911 Sophita

Sophita

CCO Coconut Company

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 August 2012 - 03:57 AM

At this point, probably some homeless former developer who is now living under a bridge with a house made of old floppies.

I have this image of some old guy just drinking alone in a bar and talking to some young kid about how back in his day he once created this game called Corridor 7 but then this Cormack fella came a long and ruined all his dreams.
Posted Image

#9912 The End

The End

It's a Prairie Dog.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 August 2012 - 03:58 AM

wish i could change my steam username (for login, not my profile id)... email addresses from a decade ago are cool, but i'm into brevity.

also, cheapy's inbox is blowin' up right now, i'd guess.

It looks like we've got a new fad in the works. I'm gonna send Cheapy a PM and ask him to change my user name to "The N'd".

57j.gif

#9913 plft

plft

Ploceus castaneiceps

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 August 2012 - 03:59 AM

Speaking of older games, I really want Math Rescue to come to steam. I only ever played the first episode but it was quite fun.

#9914 Idiotekque

Idiotekque

couch slave

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 August 2012 - 04:03 AM

I feel like BigSpoonyBard's name is suddenly going to change to PainInMyAss after Cheapy gets all these name change requests. :roll:

Terraria - $1 (Steam),  X3: Terran Conflict - $2 (Steam)Fable: The Lost Chapters - $2 (Steam)

bZ2g3eF.png

#9915 BigSpoonyBard

BigSpoonyBard

Aaaaauuugghh!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 August 2012 - 04:07 AM

I feel like BigSpoonyBard's name is suddenly going to change to PainInMyAss after Cheapy gets all these name change requests. :roll:

He's done something like that before, just not to me :lol:

logo.png

#9916 MIND LINK

MIND LINK

MURDER ALL RAPPERS

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 August 2012 - 04:08 AM

If sacrifices must be made then so be it!

Tally another rechristening request to Cheapy. 8-)

MARS

#9917 DPsycho

DPsycho

Descendant of Erdrick

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 August 2012 - 04:50 AM

The Doom engine included command line tags to show the view to the left or to the right as you play the game rather than straight ahead. The reason for this was so an individual with access to three networked machines could arrange the monitors to give a peripheral view. I have always wanted to try this.

Been considering picking up a pack. I have all the Dooms on Steam, and I have Quakes 1-3 on disc (though I think I lack the add-ons?). Don't have the Wolfensteins and don't have Keen. But... I think I'm passing. Tempting as it is to throw a few bucks at something to retro up my Steam library, I don't see myself playing any of these before the next Quakecon at least.

#9918 Frithsblessing

Frithsblessing

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 August 2012 - 06:07 AM

Oh, really? I'm going to do that because I never use this username anywhere else, so it gets pretty confusing to some of my friends and myself sometimes. :S

I will do this as well, I don't even go by my current username anymore.

I sent him countless emails for months on end to no avail. In the end, I had to send him a $20 steam wallet code for him to change it.

Jokes- though it did take a few emails over a couple of months.
Posted Image

#9919 sunasun

sunasun

Count Burgula approves and endorses this member title

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 August 2012 - 06:31 AM

How about Coconut Queen Master

spoderman And tebow like this

Bacon-Cheeseburger-160x160.jpegmidnightoriginal__94722.1354255776.178.1  mysterd likes this

Add my two accounts for free games!!!!

http://steamcommunity.com/id/relysis http://steamcommunit...561198124339261

#9920 jkimrey

jkimrey

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 August 2012 - 06:37 AM

Man, this is some Scarlett Letter shit going on here. Tempt him, Fragalot/Hester Prynne :twisted:

Haha. :applause:

#9921 jkimrey

jkimrey

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 August 2012 - 06:52 AM

Just an FYI:

I decided to pick up Book of Unwritten Tales the other day. I've played it for a couple hours so far, so I can't really give a fair review. I will say that I'm really enjoying it. The production value is really good IMO. I am especially enjoying the voice acting so far, as well as the visuals.

Will report back as I progress further, but as of now, I'm pleased with the purchase.

#9922 Leftylikesgames

Leftylikesgames

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 August 2012 - 08:17 AM

Just an FYI:

I decided to pick up Book of Unwritten Tales the other day. I've played it for a couple hours so far, so I can't really give a fair review. I will say that I'm really enjoying it. The production value is really good IMO. I am especially enjoying the voice acting so far, as well as the visuals.

Will report back as I progress further, but as of now, I'm pleased with the purchase.

Great, I'd like to hear what you have to say, though I'll probably be purchasing it in the near future anyway.

#9923 jatan11t

jatan11t

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 August 2012 - 09:37 AM

http://store.indiegala.com/
Looks like the indie gala store is finally up. 1000 points = $1. Finally have a use for my 12500 points! Oh wait! After reading the FAQ, apparently you can only use a certain amounts of points per item. Only enough for like a 20% discount.

Here's a gem!
The Ironclads Collection
Regular price: $39.95
GalaPrice only: $31.96

Edited by jatan11t, 06 August 2012 - 09:51 AM.

#9924 Arben

Arben

notArtist

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 August 2012 - 09:54 AM

This weekend I got no steam gaming in, but I did discover Final Fantasy I for ios, and I've already racked up almost ten hours, mostly while sitting around waiting to go up at mics. I'm kinda surprised at how much I'm liking it, and how much further I've gotten than I ever did on the NES.

Maybe it wouldn't be as much fun today on the TV if it were my main activity, but the simpler era gameplay + using it to get through awful stand-up comedy or even just sitting around at a restaurant tonight while someone was telling a long boring story has been great!

#9925 Drabelincoln

Drabelincoln

Town Drunk

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 August 2012 - 10:29 AM

Looks like the indie gala store is finally up. 1000 points = $1. Finally have a use for my 12500 points! Oh wait! After reading the FAQ, apparently you can only use a certain amounts of points per item. Only enough for like a 20% discount.

Here's a gem!
The Ironclads Collection

Lol oh those lovable indie gala folks. I think we all knew it would be something like this.

#9926 JP

JP

Member of the Ravens Nation!

• Trade-in Value Team

Posted 06 August 2012 - 10:42 AM

If sacrifices must be made then so be it!

Tally another rechristening request to Cheapy. 8-)

They might be putting all name changes on hold as there is a thread in the Site Assistance sub-forum where John mention users will be able to change their own name on the new forum. Here is the link: http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=325833

all-banner.jpg

CAG Apple Game Center/OpenFeint/Plus+/WWF IDs

CAG Game Database & You - Small little tutorial I guess you would call it.

#9927 The End

The End

It's a Prairie Dog.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 August 2012 - 11:13 AM

Here's a gem!
The Ironclads Collection

Wow, they actually managed to undershoot my low expectations.

57j.gif

#9928 IronChariot

IronChariot

In My Country There Is Problem

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 August 2012 - 11:18 AM

This weekend I got no steam gaming in, but I did discover Final Fantasy I for ios, and I've already racked up almost ten hours, mostly while sitting around waiting to go up at mics. I'm kinda surprised at how much I'm liking it, and how much further I've gotten than I ever did on the NES.

Maybe it wouldn't be as much fun today on the TV if it were my main activity, but the simpler era gameplay + using it to get through awful stand-up comedy or even just sitting around at a restaurant tonight while someone was telling a long boring story has been great!

I played the remake on PSP, and it was a much more pleasant experience than the original or even the PSX version. Same with FF2.

#9929 jimbodan

jimbodan

Hates you

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 August 2012 - 11:37 AM

Here's a gem!
The Ironclads Collection

That sounds about right

Think you're good at Fantasy Sports? Check out Fanduel where you can play daily to win money on Fantasy Sports!

https://www.fanduel....jimbodan&cnl=da

fs_pc.png

#9930 Genocidal

Genocidal

Summer of Punk

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 August 2012 - 12:54 PM

Dawnguard is now live on GMG for $20, minus whatever their current site-wide voucher is offering.

Edit: The voucher is PCGMR-ALLIN-GREEN for -25%, bringing the total to $15.

Edited by Genocidal, 06 August 2012 - 01:54 PM.

x8uorcw.jpggenocidal.png
[img=http://steamsigs.com/steam.php?id=genocidal&pngimg=http://i.imgur.com/fLZMY.png&tborder=0.png

If I would go back in time, the one person in history I'd like to make tap out would have to be... Jesus